(specialfred)The unopened package... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2006 » (specialfred)The unopened package « Previous Next »

Specialfred (Specialfred)
Username: Specialfred

Post Number: 1
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A man and woman are driving in the desert and the woman looks out the window. See sees an unopened package. They get out of the car and there is a dead body next to the package. How did the man die?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Post Number: 2
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the second sentence is supposed to say "She sees an unopened package."
Danielvs (Danielvs)
Username: Danielvs

Post Number: 127
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When she sees the package from her car, she can't see there's a body next to it?
"How did the man die" means the dead body, right?
Does it happen in a real environment (not a game, for example)?

Man alive = Ric
Woman alive = Linda
Dead body = John (if dead body = a human male)

Are they married? Is their relationship relevant?
Is Ric's job relevant?
Linda's? John's?
Did John die of natural causes? Was murdered?
Has he been dead for a long time already?
Plebeian (Plebeian)
Username: Plebeian

Post Number: 638
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Parachute?
Senorina_illuminata (Senorina_illuminata)
Username: Senorina_illuminata

Post Number: 80
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yep, it has been posted before, but thats ok. its in the classic puzzle section. you'll find a good collection of classic lateral puzzles there! :-)
yes, oh and was it an unopened parachute? it failed to open and the man died?
Plebeian (Plebeian)
Username: Plebeian

Post Number: 719
Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry we spoyled this quickly, don't let it put you off Fred! Sometimes people set ones which look just like classics, but are something completely different, to throw us off the scent
Senorina_illuminata (Senorina_illuminata)
Username: Senorina_illuminata

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yes, i am sorry! but as plebeian said, i could be completely and utterly wrong and if that is the case please accept my apologies! i would love to play, and try to solve your puzzle.:P if it is a classic, thats ok, its a particularly good one, an old favourite of mine, so thanks for reminding me of it :-)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yeah it's a parachute and i don't mind. i suspected somebody before had posted it or something.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: