Lateral adventure[Crazypalpig] Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2007 » Lateral adventure[Crazypalpig] « Previous Next »

Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 716
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 1:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wewell, this is my first lateral adventure, bear with me!

There will be 5 simulations, I will do the first, and any other people can do the author of one stimulation. Then you will have a real mission to complete :-)

OK, here goes
Frank was training for super Secret Spy. He is on his final exam, and a voice boomed on the intercom: Your first Test!

He sits in a chair, and presto, it looks like he is in a locked room. There is one man, and a poster on the wall.
Judgedeadd (Judgedeadd)
Username: Judgedeadd

Post Number: 653
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What does the poster say?

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh yes, I am calling this guy Will
Will:Well, this is all it says:
Equus Equi
EquI Equorum
Equo Equis
Equum Equos
Equo Equis
Mycroft (Mycroft)
Username: Mycroft

Post Number: 268
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, what does the man look like?

Post Number: 720
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ok, what does the man look like?Will:just your ordinary, basic guy that is not saying anything, he is standing up, and seems to be boring his eyes into me
Mycroft (Mycroft)

Post Number: 269
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 10:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

say hi to the guy, ask him his name and see if he knows where we are.
Mycroft (Mycroft)

Post Number: 270
Posted on Friday, March 30, 2007 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and check my inventory please (I suspect it's empty, but just in case!)

Post Number: 724
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

say hi to the guy, ask him his name and see if he knows where we are.Will: OK, I greeted him, he just looked at me, and just gave me a slip of paper saying,"You are in a stimulation"Crazypalpig:Well, I told you that in the beginning

Oh, and check my inventory please (I suspect it's empty, but just in case!)Will:-Only things I have in ths stimulation are my clothes, pocket lint, and my spy kit

Post Number: 725
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 11:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

say hi to the guy, ask him his name and see if he knows where we are.Will: OK, I greeted him, he just looked at me, and just gave me a slip of paper saying,"You are in a stimulation"Crazypalpig:Well, I told you that in the beginning

Oh, and check my inventory please (I suspect it's empty, but just in case!)Will: Only things I have in ths stimulation are my clothes, pocket lint, and my spy kit

Note to self: to make: never put will: O with no space

Post Number: 726
Posted on Saturday, March 31, 2007 - 11:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whoops, blooper in my first post. Supposed to be Will, not Frank:-O
Mycroft (Mycroft)

Post Number: 271
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 11:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

take a look at the door (there is a door somewhere right?) and se what sort of lock it is. Then open my spy kit and see what's inside

Post Number: 730
Posted on Sunday, April 01, 2007 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

take a look at the door (there is a door somewhere right?)Will:Yes, there is a door. and se what sort of lock it is.Will: This is an unpickable lock with a combination. I do not know it Then open my spy kit and see what's insideWill: My handy dandy fingerprint dust, a magnifying glass, a grappling hook, and a first aid kit.
Judgedeadd (Judgedeadd)

Post Number: 660
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 8:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

stimulation? You mean, simulation?

OK, I use the fingerprint dust on the lock and the handle of the door.

Post Number: 741
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

stimulation? You mean, simulation? Crazy:Um, yeah, I guess
OK, I use the fingerprint dust on the lock and the handle of the door.Will: OK! *goes and tries* The only fingerprints on here are of the same person, I'm guessing that man over there
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 309
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 11:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

check what is in the first aid kit
Judgedeadd (Judgedeadd)

Post Number: 661
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 12:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check the lock through magnifying glass. Check the poster through magnifying glass. Try to get fingerprints off the man.
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 310
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 3:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ask the man the combination for the door

Post Number: 746
Posted on Tuesday, April 03, 2007 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

check what is in the first aid kitWill: Band-aids, Antiseptic, Tylenol, My bunny slippers, and... Wait a minute...

Check the lock through magnifying glass.Will: There are just 10 numbers, 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Check the poster through magnifying glass.Will: OK, exploring every single inch of it, and, noth... Wait, at the bottom of the page say,"take the Indirect object, and minus it to get my name" Try to get fingerprints off the man.Will: he just shakes his head

ask the man the combination for the doorWill: Well, if you did that, it would be too easy, he repeats the same thing
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 321
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the lock one of those ones where you press the buttons, or one where you turn the parts to find the combination?

if the first, can you fingerprint it to find out which numbers have been pressed?

Post Number: 751
Posted on Thursday, April 05, 2007 - 12:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the lock one of those ones where you press the buttons, or one where you turn the parts to find the combination?Will: It is the turn dial type. I cannot break through it

if the first, can you fingerprint it to find out which numbers have been pressed?Will: Sorry, but no
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 343
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 9:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

at a loss on this one

is the equus thing anything to do with horses? is that relevant to anything?

"take the Indirect object, and minus it to get my name" is the my name referenced here Wills name?

Post Number: 786
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

at a loss on this one

is the equus thing anything to do with horses?Crazy: Actually, no, it isn't is that relevant to anything?you mean me declining it? Yes

"take the Indirect object, and minus it to get my name" is the my name referenced here Wills name?Crazy: No, it is a reference to the silly guy standing there

Can you people please give Will here some commands?
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 350
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmm ok then work out the combination and unlock the door!!

Post Number: 788
Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmm ok then work out the combination and unlock the door!!Will: You really want me to try this? There are billions of possibilities. This could take me months
Snoozer (Snoozer)
Username: Snoozer

Post Number: 552
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the poster from the wall.
Examine the wall behind the poster.
Examine the backside of the poster.
Examine the floor
Examine the walls
Examine the ceiling
Snoozer (Snoozer)

Post Number: 553
Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stand up
Examine the chair

Post Number: 791
Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the poster from the wall.
Examine the wall behind the poster.
Examine the backside of the poster.
Examine the floor
Examine the walls
Examine the ceilingWill: I did this all and it appears to be black, hard, stone.

Stand up Will: I already am!
Examine the chairWill: Oh, sorry for the confusion, but I sat in a chair which made me go in his simulation. The chair is gone!
Snoozer (Snoozer)

Post Number: 556
Posted on Monday, April 16, 2007 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Say "Ecuo minus" to the man

Post Number: 801
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 12:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Say "Ecuo minus" to the manWill: I did this: No effect!
Logician (Logician)
Username: Logician

Post Number: 301
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Read the poster out loud to the man.
Examine the man. Look in any of his pockets.
Logician (Logician)
Username: Logician

Post Number: 302
Posted on Tuesday, April 17, 2007 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wave the grappling hook in front of the man's face and tell him you'll slice his throat open if he doesn't tell you the combination.

Post Number: 808
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Read the poster out loud to the man.Will: Sure!! Equus, EquI, Equo... Nothing happens
Examine the man.Will: He is wearing sweat pant, a tee shirt, and has no pockets. Look in any of his pockets.

Wave the grappling hook in front of the man's face and tell him you'll slice his throat open if he doesn't tell you the combination.Will: Tried, but he still isn't saying anything. Want me to slice now?:-(

Crazypalpig: Actually, if you do, there is no answer!
Sundowner (Sundowner)
Username: Sundowner

Post Number: 397
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the indirect object of equus is equum, if anybody cares, but I don't have a clue what to do with this information

Say "Equum" to the man.
Say "Equo"
Say "Equis"
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 1825
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm glad someone could shed some light on the "equum, equo..." phrase, let's hope that Sundowner's suggestions makes some progress.

Post Number: 810
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the indirect object of equus is equum, if anybody cares, but I don't have a clue what to do with this information Crazypalpig: Actually, The direct object is equum, and all I wanted to show on that chart was to get you to think what the Indirect Object in Latin is called

Say "Equum" to the man.
Say "Equo"
Say "Equis"Will: Same thing as always!
Sundowner (Sundowner)
Username: Sundowner

Post Number: 398
Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indirect object in Latin should be "obiectus indirectivus". Does this help anybody?

Say "Are you Davus?" to the man.

Post Number: 812
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indirect object in Latin should be "obiectus indirectivus". Does this help anybody? Will: Not me, but it's showing Crazy some progress!

Say "Are you Davus?" to the man.Will: Said that, and he suddenly lights up at the "Dav" then fades back at the "us"
~damia~ (~damia~)

Post Number: 370
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

say are you Dave? or just Dav?

Post Number: 815
Posted on Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 12:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

say are you Dave?Will: said it, and he gave me the combanation., 1230982397. I unlocked the door to hear the intercom say that you get to go on a real mission instead of just one room. To be continued after Crazy works the mission out or just Dav?

Post Number: 818
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 12:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And, BTW, SPOILER!
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 87
Posted on Friday, April 20, 2007 - 5:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Erm sorry, how did you get that his name was Dave?

Post Number: 819
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Indirect object is Latin is called Dative. Remove the I and T like i said, and you et Dave:-)
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ahhh...very clever. And totally beyond me, I'm afraid, as I've never had a single Latin lesson in my life! :-)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: