[BeccaAnn] Right Before Your Eyes... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2007 » [BeccaAnn] Right Before Your Eyes... « Previous Next »

Beccaann (Beccaann)
Username: Beccaann

Post Number: 1874
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She knew it was right in front of her, but she couldn't see it. She didn't know whether to cry or laugh.

Possible quickie. Enjoy!
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 1754
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 8:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The light was turned off! Was it ironically funny? it=it? she=she=she=her? Was it physical?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1876
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The light was turned off!No, except for svv of "turned off" Was it ironically funny?Not really it=it?yes she=she=she=her?yes Was it physical?yes
Visconti (Visconti)
Username: Visconti

Post Number: 192
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 9:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what does svv mean?
Sparkplug1 (Sparkplug1)
Username: Sparkplug1

Post Number: 158
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

svv = suitably vague value

something relevant about the light?

she knew it was there because...
she had seen it before?
someone told her it was there?
she could feel it?

it= an object?

in front of her...
inches?
1-5 feet?
6-10 feet?
11-50 feet?
51-100 feet?
101+ feet?

she didn't know whether to cry or laugh...
because something had happened to it?
because she couldn't see it?

was she blind?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1877
Posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what does svv mean? svv = sufficiently vague value(s)...

svv = suitably vague value but lately people keep saying this too

something relevant about the light?noish

she knew it was there because...
she had seen it before? yes
someone told her it was there? no
she could feel it? yes

it= an object? yes

in front of her...
inches? yes
1-5 feet? no
6-10 feet? no
11-50 feet? no
51-100 feet? no
101+ feet? no

she didn't know whether to cry or laugh...
because something had happened to it? yope or yesish
because she couldn't see it? yope or yesish

was she blind?no, but...
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 763
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 10:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she blindfolded?
Judgedeadd (Judgedeadd)
Username: Judgedeadd

Post Number: 939
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the object made of: rubber? metal? wood? glass? paper? plastic? flesh? plant matter?

Was the object smaller than a mouse? smaller than an adult cat? smaller than a cow? smaller than an elephant?

Did it take place outside? inside?
Time relevant? Place relevant?

Was the object dangerous? Did she know what was the object?

Was she alone? Any other persons involved? If so then how many: 1? 2? 3? 4? 5?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1880
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 1:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she blindfolded? no

Was the object made of: rubber? metal?this wood? glass? paper? plastic? flesh? plant matter?

Was the object smaller than a mouse?no smaller than an adult cat?no smaller than a cow?yes smaller than an elephant?yes

Did it take place outside? inside?this
Time relevant?no Place relevant?yesish

Was the object dangerous?yope Did she know what was the object?yes

Was she alone?yes Any other persons involved?no If so then how many: 1? 2? 3? 4? 5?
Sunshine (Sunshine)
Username: Sunshine

Post Number: 651
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she dazzled?
Did she have her eyes shut? Was she protecting her eyes?
Was she in her own home? workplace? shop? hospital? public building?
Was it a common household object? Did she need the object? At that moment? Was it electrical?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1882
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she dazzled? no
Did she have her eyes shut?no Was she protecting her eyes? no
Was she in her own home?no workplace?yes shop? hospital? public building?
Was it a common household object?no Did she need the object?yope At that moment?no Was it electrical?no
Bentarm (Bentarm)
Username: Bentarm

Post Number: 1623
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could she see anything? Was it dark?
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 652
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there a power cut?
Could she feel the object with her hands? feet? another part of the body?
Was it on the floor? wall? on a piece of furniture? a desk?
Did it contain something? Was something written on it? Could she do her job without it? Might she have had a similar object in her home? Did it have moving parts? Was it covered?
Was anyone else in the room? In the general area? in the building?
Did she eventually see it? As a result of something she did?
Did she nearly fall over it?
If she had cried would it have been with frustration? pain? disappointment? fear? unhappiness? exhaustion?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 901
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there a light? Or a light source at least? Was it night time?
Did she know exactly where it was? Was there a danger she would bumb into it? Or trip over it?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 902
Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops...meant to say "bump"
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1886
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2007 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could she see anything?yope Was it dark?yope

Was there a power cut?no
Could she feel the object with her hands?yes feet?no another part of the body?this, moreso than hands.
Was it on the floor?yes wall?no on a piece of furniture?no a desk?no
Did it contain something?yes Was something written on it?yes Could she do her job without it?no Might she have had a similar object in her home?possibly, but in thia case no Did it have moving parts?yes Was it covered?no
Was anyone else in the room?no In the general area?no in the building?yes
Did she eventually see it?yes As a result of something she did?no
Did she nearly fall over it?noish, but...
If she had cried would it have been with frustration?no pain?yes disappointment?no fear?no unhappiness?not primarily exhaustion?no

Was there a light?yes Or a light source at least?yes Was it night time?no
Did she know exactly where it was?yes Was there a danger she would bumb into it?yesish! explore Or trip over it?no

Oops...meant to say "bump"That's what I figured :-)
Judgedeadd (Judgedeadd)
Username: Judgedeadd

Post Number: 940
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 8:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the object sharp? hot? poisonous? corrosive?
Is her job relevant?
If so, then is it
(drum roll...)

Artistic/musical/writer?
Banking/financial/real estate?
Clerical/Administrative?
Computer related/Hardware?
Construction/Craftsman?
Education/Academic Research?
Entertainment/Media?
Executive/Management?
Hospitality/Travel?
Legal Services?
Manufacturing/Distributions?
Medical/Health Services?
Politics/Government/Military?
Security/Law Enforcemant?
Sales/Marketing?
Technical/Science/Engineering?
Teaching/Child care?
Transportation/Delivery/Trucking?
Food Service?
Sports?
Entertainment?
Jailbird/Criminal?
Religion?
Other?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1891
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the object sharp?noish or yope hot?no poisonous?no corrosive?no
Is her job relevant?yope
If so, then is it
(drum roll...)

Artistic/musical/writer?
Banking/financialonly a small element of this, but perhaps the most important element to the puzzle
real estate?
Clerical/Administrative?
Computer related/Hardware?
Construction/Craftsman?
Education/Academic Research?
Entertainment/Media?
Executive/Management?this...
Hospitality/Travel?
Legal Services?
Manufacturing/Distributions?
Medical/Health Services?
Politics/Government/Military?
Security/Law Enforcemant?
Sales/Marketing?
Technical/Science/Engineering?
Teaching/Child care?
Transportation/Delivery/Trucking?
Food Service? and this...
Sports?
Entertainment?
Jailbird/Criminal?
Religion?
Other?

Now would be the appropriate time to tell you that she is me.
Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 1762
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wasps relevant? yep, i stole that from the Chatroom

OK, your workplace had something in it, Golden Arches relevant?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1898
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wasps relevant?no :-) yep, i stole that from the Chatroom

OK, your workplace had something in it,yes Golden Arches relevant?no
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 955
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 7:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

anything to do with ovens? dishwasher? if either of these, was the door open?

did you have anything in your hands that you were carrying that caused you not to be able to look down?

was your vision somehow blocked by object(s)? that you were carrying? dishes? trays? food?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1904
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 7:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

anything to do with ovens? dishwasher?neither if either of these,no, but... was the door open? yes :-)

did you have anything in your hands that you were carrying that caused you not to be able to look down? no

was your vision somehow blocked by object(s)? that you were carrying?no dishes? trays? food?none
Booklover (Booklover)
Username: Booklover

Post Number: 956
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2007 - 8:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

refrigerator door? cabinet door? walk in freezer door?

did the door open and shut from side to side? up and down?

when the door was open, was it eye level? above eye level? below eye level?

was your vision blocked in any way? meaning, you knew an open door was there, but you couldn't see it, so you had to go slowly so you didn't run into it? fall through the opening and trip? down stairs?

did you run into the door? so, you weren't sure whether to laugh because the situation was funny or to cry because of pain? (I know you mentioned you would have cried with pain, but I wasn't sure if you had actually run into it or whether you wouldn't know what do do if you had run into it)...
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 654
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2007 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could she not see it because she was seeing stars after walking into it?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1906
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

refrigerator door? cabinet door? walk in freezer door? none of these, but hypothetically could be

did the door open and shut from side to side?yes up and down?no

when the door was open, was it eye level?no above eye level?no below eye level?slightly

was your vision blocked in any way?no meaning, you knew an open door was there, but you couldn't see it, so you had to go slowly so you didn't run into it?no fall through the opening and trip?no down stairs?no

did you run into the door?yes so, you weren't sure whether to laugh because the situation was funny or to cry because of pain?exactly (I know you mentioned you would have cried with pain, but I wasn't sure if you had actually run into it or whether you wouldn't know what do do if you had run into it)...

Could she not see it because she was seeing stars after walking into it? yes! before my vision blacked out completely!

All that's really left to find is specifically what I ran into. You might focus on the other parts of my job that I called relevant besides the food service part. Namely managerial and financial :-)
Sunshine (Sunshine)

Post Number: 669
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Safe?
~damia~ (~damia~)
Username: ~damia~

Post Number: 1149
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

filing cabinet drawer?
Beccaann (Beccaann)

Post Number: 1907
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2007 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Safe? bingo
filing cabinet drawer?so no

*********** SPOILER ************

A couple of weeks ago I was finishing up my deposits in the safe room at the end of the day at work. Usually my routine is to put everything away in the safes, close and lock the safes, then finish up on the computer and then leave.

Our safe room is tiny, with the computer on the opposite wall from the door and the safes on the left wall just behind the desk. (There are several small safes stacked on top of each other because the room is so tiny that there is no room for a big safe!)

That day I finsihed up on the computer and shot up out of the chair, while turning around to leave. Turns out I had left the top safe open and effectively closed it with my head. It hurt like you wouldn't believe. I literally saw stars and my vision blacked out. I had given myself a mild concussion, along with a golf ball sized welt on my forehead.

So to sum up the puzzle statement, I knew the safe door was right in front of me, because I had just smacked into it head first. I couldn't see it, because I had blacked myself out. And I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, because it hurt like hell, but the situation (not to mention the lump on my head) I found quite humorous

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: