[Unleashedllama] Restless night Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2008 » [Unleashedllama] Restless night « Previous Next »

Unleashedllama (Unleashedllama)
Username: Unleashedllama

Post Number: 14
Posted on Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesterday morning I couldn't work out whether what I thought had probably been just a dream had actually been real. I'm still not certain now. In fact, because of my job, I thought I could easily do something to try and help me settle the issue, but this has only left me more unsure than before.

What's going on?
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, June 01, 2008 - 1:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we call the possibly dreams/ possibily reality, 'the incident'? the something you thought you could easily do, 'the something'?

Is the time at which the incident happened relevent?
Your personal state at the time of the incident relevent? (i.e. tiredness could be an explanation for your uncertainty)

Was it your job related skills that you thought could help you resolve the issue?
Was it access to resources granted by your job position that you thought could help you resolve the issue?
Was the something a search of data/information records? a test/experiment?

For clarification: you actually did the something? it was the result of doing the something that made you more unsure?
Was your being more unsure the result of an unexpected piece of data/information (obtained by any means)? a piece of data/information that wasn't in favour of either explanation?

Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 8:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we call the possibly dreams/ possibily reality, 'the incident'? the something you thought you could easily do, 'the something'? yes, why not?

Is the time at which the incident happened relevent? yes
Your personal state at the time of the incident relevent? yes (i.e. tirednessyes could be an explanation for your uncertainty)

Was it your job related skills that you thought could help you resolve the issue? no
Was it access to resources granted by your job position that you thought could help you resolve the issue? yes
Was the something a search of data/information records?yes a test/experiment? no

For clarification: you actually did the something?yes it was the result of doing the something that made you more unsure?yes
Was your being more unsure the result of an unexpected piece of data/information (obtained by any means)?yes a piece of data/information that wasn't in favour of either explanation?no

I can't see this one lasting long
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you work for a well known company? small business? for self?

Does the business for which you work handle a public service? utility? sell own products? sell products of other companies?

data most closely related to costumers? product? natural phenomenon? none of these?

Post Number: 22
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you work for a well known company? yes, but you don't need to work out the company name, just the work done really small business? so, no for self? and no

Does the business for which you work handle a public service? not really a service more like a... utility? yes, one of these sell own products? no sell products of other companies? no

data most closely related to costumers? yes, customers are inportant product? not a physical product natural phenomenon? no none of these?
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 55
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 2:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My thinking was could just consider the products of big companies

Energy? Specifically: Electricity? Gas?
Are you a customer of the company you work for? relevent?

Post Number: 25
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My thinking was could just consider the products of big companies

Energy? yes Specifically: Electricity? yes Gas? no
Are you a customer of the company you work for? yes relevent? yes
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A powercut relevant?

Post Number: 27
Posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A powercut relevant? yes and I'd say it's time for a...

*****SPOILER*****

I work for an electricity distribution company who deal with power cuts in a large area including where I live. Last Sunday evening when I was at home the power went off and after a few hours my wife and I gave up and went to sleep.

I woke up at about 7am convinced that I'd got up and checked the main bedroom light at exactly 4am and that it was back on and that my wife and I had had a conversation about freezer food, but my wife can't remember me turning on the main light in the bedroom in the middle of the night and having a conversation at all. I therefore believed that it must have been a dream...

At work, I checked our power loss systems, just in case. They indicated that our power had come back on at 3:50am. If only the system had said 4:10 or later I could have layed my confusion to rest

Thanks Liquizt and sorry it was so easy

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: