[Unleashedllama] You have to be joking Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2008 » [Unleashedllama] You have to be joking « Previous Next »

Unleashedllama (Unleashedllama)
Username: Unleashedllama

Post Number: 33
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 10:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

''Maybe they're on the same team'' said my friend, which seemed controversial.

Who did he think may be 'on the same team' and why?

There's a chance this one could be quick
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 65
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

spoken watching a spectator sport?
spoken about a spectator sport?

they're = 2 people? 3? 4? more than 4?

Post Number: 34
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

spoken watching a spectator sport? no
spoken about a spectator sport? no

they're = 2 yes 2, but... people? not humans 3? 4? more than 4? no to rest
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some form of competition involved?
Anthropomorphism relevent?

Both are same form of life?
If no please answer the next questions for each.
amphibians? birds? fish? insects? mammals? reptiles? aliens? other?

Post Number: 36
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some form of competition involved? no
Anthropomorphism relevent? I actually had to look that up and Yes it seems to fit the bill

Both are same form of life? it depends what you believe
If no please answer the next questions for each.
amphibians? birds? fish? insects? mammals? reptiles? aliens? other? 'other' is the closest
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 68
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 2:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is 'bill' a clue? :P

Are they real animals?

Are they working together?
Appear to be working together?
Liquizt (Liquizt)

Post Number: 69
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which of the following 'fourteen kinds of animal' do they belong to:

those that belong to the Emperor?
embalmed ones?
those that are trained?
suckling pigs?
mermaids?
fabulous ones?
stray dogs?
those included in the present classification?
those that tremble as if they were mad?
innumerable ones?
those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush?
others?
those that have just broken a flower vase?
those that from a long way off look like flies?

Supplied by http://www.43folders.com/2006/05/03/14-animals

Post Number: 37
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is 'bill' a clue? :P no

Are they real animals? I wouldn't use the word 'animals' and a lot of people don't believe they're 'real' either

Are they working together? My friend argued this, but the majority would say that they are not working together
Appear to be working together? please see previous answer

Post Number: 38
Posted on Tuesday, June 03, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which of the following 'fourteen kinds of animal' do they belong to:

those that belong to the Emperor?
embalmed ones?
those that are trained?
suckling pigs?
mermaids?
fabulous ones?
stray dogs?
those included in the present classification?
those that tremble as if they were mad?
innumerable ones?
those drawn with a very fine camelhair brush?
others?
those that have just broken a flower vase?
those that from a long way off look like flies?

I love this list, but as I say, I wouldn't use the word 'animals' :p

Post Number: 58
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: What my friend said was made more controversial by where we were at the time.
Travis (Travis)
Username: Travis

Post Number: 73
Posted on Sunday, June 08, 2008 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is religion relevant? My thought is that "they" were God and Satan and that you were in a church...

Post Number: 62
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 9:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is religion relevant? My thought is that "they" were God and Satan and that you were in a church... yes, all of this. Almost done, but would anyone like to finish this off by working out why my friend said they might be on the same team?
Travis (Travis)
Username: Travis

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with Lucifer's originally being an angel? Is any world event relevant?

Post Number: 66
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with Lucifer's originally being an angel? Is any world event relevant? My friend is not in the slightest bit religious and I don't think he would have known that Lucifer was originally an angel, so it's not quite this

Post Number: 69
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think we're close enough for one of these though:

********SPOILER********

My friend joined myself and my family at our village well dressing event. On the way round we stopped off in the local church for tea and cake. My friend thought that the church was an appropriate location to state (not quietly I might add):

"I don't really see what's wrong with Devil Worship, they're not so different: God and the Devil, in fact maybe they're on the same team, with one rewarding good people, the other punishing sinners. Maybe it's a 'good cop, bad cop' kind of set-up"

People were staring. It was terrible.

Thanks for playing

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2008 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, by the way 'You Have To Be Joking' is the title of a song by The Flaming Lips which includes the lyric: 'Seems to me that God and the Devil are both the same'

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: