[Crazypalpig] That's one Misstep for ... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2008 » [Crazypalpig] That's one Misstep for man... « Previous Next »

Crazypalpig (Crazypalpig)
Username: Crazypalpig

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 1:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Following Travis's puzzle, the Apollo 11 landing caused both a big cultural change; and a small cultural mistake. What was it?
Travis (Travis)
Username: Travis

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 7:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It = the big cultural change? the small cultural mistake? Are any of the astronauts relevant? Anything that was left on the moon relevant? Was the mistake caused during: pre-landing? Landing/EVA? Post-EVA? Do we still feel the effects of the mistake today? Was the mistake "small" because it didn't affect a lot of people, or because it didn't cause a lot of problems?

I feel justified in asking the first questions on this. (: Also, I should point out that I took my puzzle statement idea from Nimue's recent puzzle. The chain continues...

Post Number: 2029
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 10:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It = the big cultural change? the small cultural mistake?This Are any of the astronauts relevant?Yes-ish Anything that was left on the moon relevant?No Was the mistake caused during: pre-landing? Landing/EVA?This Post-EVA? Do we still feel the effects of the mistake today?Yes Was the mistake "small" because it didn't affect a lot of people, or because it didn't cause a lot of problems? Because it didn't cause many problems

I feel justified in asking the first questions on this. (: Also, I should point out that I took my puzzle statement idea from Nimue's recent puzzle. The chain continues...Oh... So it does continue....
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)
Username: Tsoram1970

Post Number: 1084
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with a missing article?

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 3:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with a missing article?Heheh... Yeah...
Does anyone wanna continue this, or is it common knowledge?
Howardwoman (Howardwoman)
Username: Howardwoman

Post Number: 63
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lol, is it when they misquoted Neil Armstrong, when he said "One small step for a man?"

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lol, is it when they misquoted Neil Armstrong, when he said "One small step for a man?"Would be the answer, except... FA
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't he actually say "One small step for man" but he should have included the "a"?

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't he actually say "One small step for man" but he should have included the "a"?That's it!...

*************** Spoiler *********************
Neil Armstrong memorized (Or tried to memorize) "That's one small step for A man, one giant leap for mankind." Of course, he forgot the article and it said, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind" which makes absolutely no sense since in this case "Man" and "mankind" is synonymous. Most history textbooks reinserted the "a", but...

Sheesh that was way too fast
Travis (Travis)
Username: Travis

Post Number: 112
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, that's pretty much common knowledge... I was looking way deeper than that. Plus, that was like the third question on my puzzle. (:

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Monday, June 30, 2008 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

D'oh. Should've read it closer... It was meant to be a quickie in any case. (I've had to spoil on first question before...)
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, July 02, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was thinking it might have been something else related to the famous words; The same title could work for the puzzle statement, "He said it because he was short," but I think that incident is pretty well known too.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: