[Unleashedllama] Brought to tears Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2008 » [Unleashedllama] Brought to tears « Previous Next »

Unleashedllama (Unleashedllama)
Username: Unleashedllama

Post Number: 46
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 6:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's something I'd written hundreds of times before and hundreds of times since, but just that once writing it was one of the upsetting things I've ever had to do.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 1:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you signing your name?

Post Number: 47
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you signing your name? yes, but not only this
Tsoram1970 (Tsoram1970)
Username: Tsoram1970

Post Number: 1119
Posted on Friday, August 15, 2008 - 4:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you were signing your name... and something else that you have done before and after? the date? the time? an address? printing your name?

Is a death involved? moving house? leaving a job? an organisation? signing some kind of statement? a cheque? any kind of banking order? being arrested?

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you were signing your name... see below... and something else that you have done before and after? the date? the time? an address? ...and yes printing your name? It was this more than the signiture really

Is a death involved? moving house? leaving a job? an organisation? signing some kind of statement? a cheque? any kind of banking order? being arrested? none of these
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 123
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you filling out a form? writing a letter to yourself? Would there have been legal consequences if you had not written your name and address? financial consequences?

If you had been writing the name and address of a friend in the same exact place, would it still have been upsetting? (I realize that this may not have made sense to do in the situation, but I'm trying to get at whether it was upsetting because the information referred to you, or just because of you writing something under those circumstances)

Post Number: 49
Posted on Monday, August 18, 2008 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you filling out a form? writing a letter to yourself? Would there have been legal consequences if you had not written your name and address? financial consequences? none of these

If you had been writing the name and address of a friend in the same exact place, would it still have been upsetting? no (I realize that this may not have made sense to do in the situation, but I'm trying to get at whether it was upsetting because the information referred to you, or just because of you writing something under those circumstances) It was difficult to answer, but I think 'no' is the closest answer on this one
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 286
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 4:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your job relevant?

Post Number: 51
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is your job relevant? no
Martinfg (Martinfg)
Username: Martinfg

Post Number: 563
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 2:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you only write your name, address and signature? or did you also write something else?

Post Number: 52
Posted on Thursday, August 21, 2008 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you only write your name, address and signature? no or did you also write something else? yes
Martinfg (Martinfg)

Post Number: 566
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 11:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it actually your address you wrote?

Post Number: 53
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it actually your address you wrote? yes, it was my address at the time
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)
Username: Bigpurple

Post Number: 21
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you sad because you were moving and had to write your address on the forwarding mail slip?

Post Number: 54
Posted on Friday, August 22, 2008 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you sad because you were moving and had to write your address on the forwarding mail slip? no
Martinfg (Martinfg)

Post Number: 568
Posted on Tuesday, August 26, 2008 - 8:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a true story?

Post Number: 55
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a true story? yes and it still makes me sad now
Howardwoman (Howardwoman)
Username: Howardwoman

Post Number: 65
Posted on Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 4:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it have to do with divorce? Foreclosure? Death?
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1246
Posted on Thursday, August 28, 2008 - 8:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it the actual act of writing that made you sad? Or what it represented? For example in Bigpurple's example of moving house, it was the fact that writing the address meant you were moving that was sad, and had you for some reason refused to write your address, the reason for the sadness would have remained. Is this true of the real reason for the sadness?

Post Number: 56
Posted on Saturday, August 30, 2008 - 10:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it have to do with divorce? no Foreclosure? no Death? no (with a hint of no-ish)

Was it the actual act of writing that made you sad? Or what it represented? this For example in Bigpurple's example of moving house, it was the fact that writing the address meant you were moving that was sad, and had you for some reason refused to write your address, the reason for the sadness would have remained. yes, it would have remained if I had refused Is this true of the real reason for the sadness? yes
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 340
Posted on Thursday, September 04, 2008 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The document was a legal/ legally binding document?
The document was to be read by no person other than yourself? one person who you know? 2+ people who you know? one person you don't know? 2+ people you don't know? 2+ people some of which you do know, some you don't?

The thing you'd written many times was specifically:
Your signiture?
Your address?
Your signiture and address?
Something else?
A combination of something else and one or both of your signiture and address?

Other people relevant?
Would all other relevant people at one time or another read/see/have read to them all or some of the contents of this document?
Does the document concern you? someone else? multiple others? you and someone else? you and multiple others?
your home/address?
another specific location?
a specific time in the past? in the recent past/near future(i.e. the present)? in the future?
your future?

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 9:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry to have taken a while to reply, I've been on holiday

The document was a legal/ legally binding document? no
The document was to be read by no person other than yourself? yes one person who you know? yes 2+ people who you know? no one person you don't know? no 2+ people you don't know? no 2+ people some of which you do know, some you don't? no

The thing you'd written many times was specifically:
Your signiture? well my name
Your address? and yes...
Your signiture and address? so yes
Something else? no
A combination of something else and one or both of your signiture and address? no

Other people relevant? yes
Would all other relevant people at one time or another read/see/have read to them all or some of the contents of this document? yes
Does the document concern you? yes someone else? it was about me for someone else multiple others? no you and someone else? it was about me for someone else you and multiple others? no
your home/address? my home address was requested
another specific location? no
a specific time in the past? in the recent past/near future(i.e. the present)? in the future?
your future?

The event was in the past, but the past, present and future were all relevant to why the event was so upsetting
Sundowner (Sundowner)
Username: Sundowner

Post Number: 460
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you fill in your name and address in some form? was it an application or request of some sort? to the government?
Did the police require you to give your name and address? were you involved in a car accident?
Was it upsetting because you had to made write this document? to give your name and address in this situation?
to give your name? to give your address?
Did the other person for whom this document was made a pun on your name? on your address?

Post Number: 58
Posted on Monday, September 08, 2008 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you fill in your name and address in some form? not on a form, no was it an application or request of some sort? no to the government? no
Did the police require you to give your name and address? no were you involved in a car accident? no
Was it upsetting because you had to made write this document? yes, but... to give your name and address in this situation? ...mainly this
to give your name? yes to give your address? this bit specifically was a little less upsetting
Did the other person for whom this document was made a pun on your name? no on your address? no
Liquizt (Liquizt)
Username: Liquizt

Post Number: 391
Posted on Thursday, September 11, 2008 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

by "your home/address?" I'd meant did the document concern your home or something to do with the location of your home?

Is it a will?

Post Number: 59
Posted on Saturday, September 13, 2008 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

by "your home/address?" I'd meant did the document concern your home no or something to do with the location of your home? this

Is it a will? no
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 566
Posted on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is someone who previously occupied this address relevant?

Post Number: 60
Posted on Monday, September 22, 2008 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is someone who previously occupied this address relevant? no

HINT: it was not on an official form of any kind, just a scrap of paper
Vene (Vene)
Username: Vene

Post Number: 64
Posted on Friday, September 26, 2008 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you give this information to somebody? To a company?
Were you pressured to do it?

Post Number: 61
Posted on Monday, September 29, 2008 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you give this information to somebody? yes To a company? no
Were you pressured to do it? not really, just asked

Post Number: 62
Posted on Thursday, October 02, 2008 - 3:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

HINT: It would help you to find out who requested the information
Martinfg (Martinfg)

Post Number: 602
Posted on Sunday, October 05, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did a friend request the information? a relative? a child? an adult?
Sunshine (Sunshine)
Username: Sunshine

Post Number: 762
Posted on Monday, October 06, 2008 - 2:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was memory loss involved?
Bigpurple (Bigpurple)
Username: Bigpurple

Post Number: 80
Posted on Wednesday, October 08, 2008 - 4:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Request from:

employer?
church?
local government
state government?
federal government?
former classmate?
a lawyer?
a doctor?
IRS?

Post Number: 63
Posted on Friday, October 10, 2008 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did a friend request the information? no a relative? yes a child? no an adult? yes

Was memory loss involved? yes

Request from:

employer?
church?
local government
state government?
federal government?
former classmate?
a lawyer?
a doctor?
IRS? none of these, but Sunshine, you've got it

*******SPOILER********

My late grandmother had Alzheimer's disease. I was about 12 years old at the time and to be asked by my own granny to write down my name and address, so that we could 'perhaps meet up again', was very hard to take.

Thanks for taking part and I'm sorry it wasn't very jolly.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: