[Usmcfink] Beurocracy...a fine thing. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2008 » [Usmcfink] Beurocracy...a fine thing. « Previous Next »

Usmcfink (Usmcfink)
Username: Usmcfink

Post Number: 145
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I changed it so I could. They didn't, so I couldn't. A modest journey to put a necessary drop in the bucket.
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 147
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a word that you chronically misspell? Bureaucracy is one of mine...

This has nothing to do with the puzzle.
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)
Username: Doctapeppa

Post Number: 768
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 3:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a computer, "preposition".
Vagary (Vagary)
Username: Vagary

Post Number: 18
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

True story?
title overly relevant?
I(1) = I(2) = I(3)?
I = you?

A metaphorical journey?
Literal journey (distance covered)?
physical bucket, or metaphorical bucket?
"THE bucket" significant? As in, a unique bucket?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 149
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

True story? Yes.
title overly relevant? Yesish.
I(1) = I(2) = I(3)? Yes to all.
I = you? Yes.

A metaphorical journey? No.
Literal journey (distance covered)? Yes.
physical bucket, or metaphorical bucketThis one.?
"THE bucket" significant? Yes. As in, a unique bucket? Yes.
La_sparky (La_sparky)
Username: La_sparky

Post Number: 16
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 3:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did this happen to you?

They didn't.....change it?

you couldn't.....change it?

did you make the modest journey?
would it work without the word modest?

are certain laws involved in the puzzle?

Is it relevantwhat country this puzzle is located in?

is it relevant how long the journey was?

they=group of people? H?A?

are they a group from the government?

Is it relevant what your job is?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 151
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did this happen to you?Yes.

They didn't.....change it?Yes.

you couldn't.....change it?No.

did you make the modest journey?Yes.
would it work without the word modest?Sure, modest just helps denote the length really, not necessary for the story.

are certain laws involved in the puzzle?Yes.

Is it relevantwhat country this puzzle is located in?Yes or Yope (I am unsure of laws pertaining to this outside the US)

is it relevant how long the journey was?Yesish, but not the focus of the puzzle

they=group of people? H?A? Yes to all.

are they a group from the government? Yes.

Is it relevant what your job is? No.
Vagary (Vagary)

Post Number: 29
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 5:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with politics?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 153
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 6:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with politics? YES.
Vagary (Vagary)

Post Number: 30
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

relevant to the recent American presidential election?
Vagary (Vagary)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 6:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"drop in the bucket" possibly a vote ballot?
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 812
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You changed your political party affiliation so that you could vote in the primary in a closed primary state? They didn't change it, so you couldn't vote in the primary? This was all part of a short journey to overthrow the government of Cuba?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vagary:

relevant to the recent American presidential election?Yes.

"drop in the bucket" possibly a vote ballot? YES.

Doctapeppa:
You changed your political party affiliation so that you could vote in the primary in a closed primary state? They didn't change it, so you couldn't vote in the primary? This was all part of a short journey to overthrow the government of Cuba? No...but you've made my story seem less interesting...HAH! It's OTRT though - minus the cuba thing ;)
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 814
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What you changed...
Your clothes?
Your mind?
A tire?
Your heart?
Hands?
A Wikipedia article?
Wasn't changed by them?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, November 06, 2008 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What you changed...
Your clothes?
Your mind?
A tire?
Your heart?
Hands?
A Wikipedia article?
Wasn't changed by them? None of the above, thus this is unanswerable at this point.
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 1545
Posted on Monday, November 10, 2008 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you apply for a postal vote? were you overseas for a relevant period of time? Did you end up not voting in the election? due to some administrative error?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you apply for a postal vote? No. were you overseas for a relevant period of time? No. Did you end up not voting in the election? Oh no, I did =) due to some administrative error?Yes
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1266
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you move at some point? I would assume that if you move state you have to register to vote in a new state? Did this not happen for some reason so you had to travel back to your old area to vote there?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 166
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you move at some point?Yes. I would assume that if you move state you have to register to vote in a new state? Yes. True, but not exactly what happened. Did this not happen for some reason so you had to travel back to your old area to vote there? This is close enough for a...

******************BLOOPER*****************

I moved away from my old residence just outside Chicago, IL in January of this year. When I came to my new residence I put in to change where I was registered to vote. As it would happen, When I went on lunch from my job and went to go vote I was told that I was not registered there. Sure enough, the form never went through...This lead to me needing to leave work and drive 2 hours back to my old voting precinct to cast my ballot, then drive back so I could be in class the next morning. A modest journey to place a drop in the bucket. =)

As an aside...

Presidential election day should be a national holiday. C'mon, one day every four years? Hardly much to ask to make it more convenient for people to vote...and enjoy the day even more!
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 880
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you mean spoiler?
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 168
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hahaha, yeah...

********************SPOILER**************************

See above under ***BLOOPER***

Ohhh long days at work...=)
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 885
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I see. You spoiled your blooper with a blooper about your spoiler being a blooper, which is in fact correct because you made a blooper. This is history in the making.
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, November 11, 2008 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*basks in the cold light of infamy*
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 263
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I see. You spoiled your blooper with a blooper about your spoiler being a blooper, which is in fact correct because you made a blooper. This is history in the making."

That could have been the making of another puzzle. Something along the lines of "He did not write what he meant to write. That made it correct".
Usmcfink (Usmcfink)

Post Number: 174
Posted on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There are puzzles in just about anything...as you will see in the conclusion of "Racism Hurts" =) Free hint for anyone who was a part of this puzzle...'commonplace'

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: