[Bolapara] Dogs Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - February 2009 » [Bolapara] Dogs « Previous Next »

Bolapara (Bolapara)
Username: Bolapara

Post Number: 63
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 8:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They lied - that wasn't the dog they said it was.
Steel_lock (Steel_lock)
Username: Steel_lock

Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They = Humans? Adults? Children? Male? Female? Does it even matter?

The dog - was it a dog (as in a pet canine animal?)

The lie? was it done as a joke or with the intent to actually deceive someone?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 64
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They = Humans? Adults? Male? Female? - yes

Does it even matter? a little

The dog - was it a dog (as in a pet canine animal?) no

The lie? was it done as a joke or with the intent to actually deceive someone? neither
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 396
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they misunderstood? Was the dog actually meant an animal? An object?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 67
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they misunderstood? yesish

Was the dog actually meant an animal? rephrase please- your left out word makes it possible that you are asking two different things here

An object? no
Steel_lock (Steel_lock)
Username: Steel_lock

Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 11:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did someone/some group actually say, "That was the dog" or something to that effect.

Is this a true story? A fictional story? Something from your own imagination? Is it something that conceivably could happen in the real world in which we live in?

Is location relevant? Time period? Could it happen anywhere?

Could the word "dog" be replaced with something else (like "cat", "horse"?)

Is a double-meaning for the word "Dog" involved here?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 68
Posted on Sunday, January 18, 2009 - 11:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did someone/some group actually say, "That was the dog" or something to that effect. yes

Is this a true story? yes

Could it happen anywhere? yes

Could the word "dog" be replaced with something else (like "cat", "horse"?) yes, but for the purpose of this puzzle and answering questions, I'm sticking to dog

Is a double-meaning for the word "Dog" involved here? Its not a double entendre
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 178
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 2:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They who lied = they who said it was the dog?

You said the dog was not pet canine animal? Was it a canine? Stray? Wild?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, January 28, 2009 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They who lied = they who said it was the dog? yes

You said the dog was not pet canine animal? which dog are you asking about? Lets say Dog A is the dog they said it was, and Dog B is the dog it actually was
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 105
Posted on Friday, January 30, 2009 - 11:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hint: You will have a much easier time solving this puzzle if you ask questions on it
Gourami (Gourami)
Username: Gourami

Post Number: 62
Posted on Saturday, January 31, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is the traditional way to do it...=)

Was Dog A (the one they said it was) canis lupus familiaris? Male? Famous in any way? Dangerous in any way? Alive? Is Dog A's breed relevant?

Was Dog B (the actual dog) Canis lupus familiaris? Male? Famous in any way? Dangerous in any way? Alive? Dog B's breed relevant?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 117
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Dog A (the one they said it was) canis lupus familiaris? No Male? yes Famous in any way?yes Dangerous in any way?no Alive? Noish Is Dog A's breed relevant?no

Was Dog B (the actual dog) canis lupus familiaris? No Male? yes Famous in any way?yes Dangerous in any way?no Alive?yesish Is Dog A's breed relevant?no
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)
Username: Doctapeppa

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Friday, February 06, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Dog A animal? Plant? Fungus? Protist? Bacterium?
Was Dog B animal? Plant? Fungus? Protist? Bacterium?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 129
Posted on Saturday, February 07, 2009 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Dog A (the one they said it was)animal? yes

Was Dog B (the actual dog) animal? yes
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 1943
Posted on Wednesday, February 11, 2009 - 9:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What species?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 196
Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2009 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

what species? please rephrase into a yes or no question
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 88
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Dog A in the canine family? Is this a representation of a dog rather than a real dog? A tv/movie dog? A "dog" species of something else (ex. dogfish)?

Was Dog B in the canine family? Is this a representation of a dog rather than a real dog? A tv/movie dog? A "dog" species of something else (ex. dogfish)?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 204
Posted on Friday, February 13, 2009 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dog A (the one they said it was) in the canine family? no Is this a representation of a dog rather than a real dog? yes, A tv/movie dog? no, but OTRT A "dog" species of something else (ex. dogfish)? no

Was Dog B (the actual dog) in the canine family? yopishly
Is this a representation of a dog rather than a real dog? yes, for SVVs of "representation" A tv/movie dog?yes
A "dog" species of something else (ex. dogfish)? no
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, February 17, 2009 - 3:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Dog A (one they said it was) a cartoon stip character? Some other drawing? A literary character? Part of an idiom (let a sleeping dog lie, the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog, etc)? Part of a song? In its representation, does it appear to be in the canine family?

Is dog B (the actual dog) a fictional character played by a real dog? A fictional character played by some other animal? If so, on tv? In a movie?

Was Dog B mistaken for Dog A? In some sort of public appearance? Did "they" lie to another particular party? To the general public? Was one of the dogs purchased?
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 12:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant that it wasn't the dog they said it was? Did they say it was the dog, when it was actually just the writer who writes from the dog's perspective?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 228
Posted on Wednesday, February 18, 2009 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Dog A (one they said it was) a cartoon stip character? Some other drawing? A literary character? this one Part of an idiom (let a sleeping dog lie, the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog, etc)? Part of a song?

In its representation, does it appear to be in the canine family? yesish

Is dog B (the actual dog) a fictional character played by a real dog? no

A fictional character played by some other animal? yes, for svv of animalIf so, on tv? noIn a movie? no

Was Dog B mistaken for Dog A? no In some sort of public appearance? Did "they" lie to another particular party? this one To the general public? no

Was one of the dogs purchased?no
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 6
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My apologies to anyone not familiar with staged versions of Peter Pan, to whom I am going to sound completely insane in a second. And I'm probably still going to be completely off base :-)

Is Peter Pan relevant? Specifically the character Nana?

Is dog B (actual dog) a fictional character played by a person?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 232
Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2009 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Peter Pan relevant? Specifically the character Nana? no to both

Is dog B (actual dog) a fictional character played by a person? Yes. Now can you figure out what the lie was?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 108
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't worry, Kalira, I was thinking about that too.

So. "They" told a group that Dog B was Dog A, when Dog B was actually a person playing the role of Dog A? Or was the person playing the role of an entirely different dog?

Is dog A a talking dog? A dog with human-like qualities? A mythical creature that is dog-like? Or that is half-dog?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 238
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"They" told a group that Dog B was Dog A (the one they said it was), nowhen Dog B was actually a person playing the role of Dog A (the one they said it was)? yes

Or was the person playing the role of an entirely different dog? no

Is Dog A (the one they said it was) a talking dog? yes A dog with human-like qualities? yes A mythical creature that is dog-like?no Or that is half-dog?no

******SPOILER*****

I think there is enough to spoil here. when I was younger my parents told me that Clifford was going to be visiting the library. But I was smart, I knew that sometimes you were told you were going to meet someone only to have it be for pretend. So I asked "is it really going to be Clifford?" "Is Clifford really going to be at the library?" etc. And each time I was promised that it was actually going to be Clifford. I was Soooooo excited. I couldn't wait when the day came. I was craning my neck to look out the window and see this dog that would be bigger than the library sitting in the parking lot. Imagine my disappointment to discover that not only wasn't Clifford there, it was just a person dressed up. I had been trying to ensure that I wouldn't get exciting about a "person dressed up" when I was asking "will it really be Clifford?"
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 111
Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 5:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Lies! I remember a similar incident from childhood involving a Power Ranger. Nice idea for a puzzle.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: