[Gourami] Flagpole Sitta Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2009 » [Gourami] Flagpole Sitta « Previous Next »

Gourami (Gourami)
Username: Gourami

Post Number: 426
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 7:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a conspiracy to make me a more responsible student, isn't it?

This puzzle may be easier for one or two Lateralians. They are welcome to $p0i1 early.
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 98
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 7:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm... "Disturbing Behavior" relevant?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 196
Posted on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kalira (Kalira)

Hmmm... "Disturbing Behavior" relevant? X) Not at all.
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)
Username: Doctapeppa

Post Number: 2246
Posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Spanish Inquisition?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 198
Posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

The Spanish Inquisition? No. It couldn't be the Spanish Inquisition, because I know that you, Docta, would expect that, and no one expects the Spanish Inquisition. It is an irrefutable fact. If someone were to expect the Spanish Inquisition, it would create a paradox which might have the power to rip a hole in the fabric of reality itself.
Bolapara (Bolapara)
Username: Bolapara

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 4:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you assigned to raise the flag each morning in the hopes that given you the responsibility of being in charge of the flag would get you to school on time? Similar to how teachers are told to make bullies hall monitors so they enforce proper behavior instead of bullying other students?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 201
Posted on Monday, April 06, 2009 - 3:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bolapara (Bolapara)

Were you assigned to raise the flag each morning in the hopes that given you the responsibility of being in charge of the flag would get you to school on time? No. Similar to how teachers are told to make bullies hall monitors so they enforce proper behavior instead of bullying other students? No, but that is a good idea...
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 2285
Posted on Friday, April 10, 2009 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you a-sittin' on the flagpole?
Noobdogg (Noobdogg)
Username: Noobdogg

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, April 11, 2009 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a conspiracy to make only you a more responsible student? Or all students in your university? A group of them?

Responsible as in punctual? more conscientious? in studies? good behavior?

Are the conspirators H?A?M? Teachers? University board members? Parents?
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 595
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it involve the campus cops opening your unlocked car doors, removing your valuables, replaced them with a note that says, "You've been robbed by Officer Smith. To get your stuff back, come see me at the station..." then locking your doors. And you had to sit through a lecture of how anyone could take your stuff if you left it unattended like that before you could get it back - They did that at my first university, though I heard it was ruled illegal the year after I left.

Is it assigning you grades?

Refusing to give you a syllabi with dates of assignments on it? making you pay for replacement id cards?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 211
Posted on Monday, April 13, 2009 - 11:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Were you a-sittin' on the flagpole? Nah. Title is only relevant to the puzzle statement, not the solution.

Noobdogg (Noobdogg)

Is it a conspiracy to make only you a more responsible student? It would be, but lurking FA. Or all students in your university? A group of them? No to rest.

Responsible as in punctual? more conscientious? Closest to this. in studies? good behavior?

Are the conspirators H?A? Yes. M? Some. Teachers? University board members? Parents? No to rest.

Take care and have fun in the desert, Noobdog!

Bolapara (Bolapara)

Does it involve the campus cops opening your unlocked car doors, removing your valuables, replaced them with a note that says, "You've been robbed by Officer Smith. To get your stuff back, come see me at the station..." then locking your doors. And you had to sit through a lecture of how anyone could take your stuff if you left it unattended like that before you could get it back - They did that at my first university, though I heard it was ruled illegal the year after I left. No, but that's incredible! Never heard of it before. Would make a good puzzle.

Is it assigning you grades? No. =)

Refusing to give you a syllabi with dates of assignments on it? making you pay for replacement id cards? No to rest.
Doctapeppa (Doctapeppa)

Post Number: 2323
Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 5:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some kind of subliminal messages?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 217
Posted on Sunday, April 19, 2009 - 11:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No.
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 644
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 6:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Having a statue of jesus nailed to the cross displayed in front of your math class?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 218
Posted on Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Haha, no, I've been blessed with public schooling all my life.
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 703
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 2:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is grammar relevant?

forum glitches?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 240
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 5:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bolapara (Bolapara)

is grammar relevant? No.

forum glitches? Yesish.
D_gordon (D_gordon)
Username: D_gordon

Post Number: 482
Posted on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That you will procrastinate on getting to the bottom of forum glitches by actually doing your schoolwork?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 242
Posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

D_gordon (D_gordon)

That you will procrastinate on getting to the bottom of forum glitches by actually doing your schoolwork? No.
Bolapara (Bolapara)

Post Number: 712
Posted on Wednesday, May 06, 2009 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your school work involve computers? And working on moving my "you just can't win can you" puzzle into the recently solved forum will cause you to study more indepthly in your field of schoolwork?
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 243
Posted on Sunday, May 10, 2009 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bolapara (Bolapara)

Does your school work involve computers? Yope, lurking FA. And working on moving my "you just can't win can you" puzzle into the recently solved forum will cause you to study more indepthly in your field of schoolwork? No.
Gourami (Gourami)

Post Number: 278
Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 4:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm going to spoil this. Everyone's grown tired of it, including me, and I have others waiting in the wings. It wasn't great to begin with.

*****************SPOILER
I have Windows Vista, which I actually quite like except for one thing; it doesn't like websites that make windows pop-up and then quickly go away again, and will immediately shut them down. Two sites that do this are my school e-mail, through which all my professors contact me, and the page on lateralpuzzles.com used to move recently solved puzzles to the Recently Solved page.

I can't do this on my computer, so whenever I see that there are a lot of puzzles that need to be moved, I walk ten whole minutes to the first public computer so that I can use the page. However, the last few times I've done this, some other moderator has moved the puzzles as I was walking, making my trip pointless. While I'm at the working computer, I figure I might as well check my school e-mail, making me a more responsible student.

I think the other moderators are in a conspiracy to get me to do so.

On another note, the reason this and other solved puzzles might sit idle for about a week is because I currently don't have access to another computer. But I will soon.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: