[Pikachizzle] But... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - June 2009 » [Pikachizzle] But... « Previous Next »

Pikachizzle (Pikachizzle)
Username: Pikachizzle

Post Number: 333
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 4:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But... I want to drink it.
Superman (Superman)
Username: Superman

Post Number: 529
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 5:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it ...
poisonous?
alcoholic?

Can you not drink it because ...
you are physically unable to?
it's illegal to?
something bad would happen if you did?

Arr, look at me pirate treasure, er, puzzles matey!

Post Number: 334
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 3:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it ...
poisonous? No.
alcoholic? No.

Can you not drink it because ...
you are physically unable to? Yes.
it's illegal to? No.
something bad would happen if you did? I'd assume so.

Arr, look at me pirate treasure, er, puzzles matey! Will do, Captain!
Superman (Superman)

Post Number: 532
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 5:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the drink ...

pop?
hot cocoa?
water?
tea?
coffee?
water mixed with something?
milk?
Superman (Superman)

Post Number: 533
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Also, are you being restrained in a jail/prisoner situation?

Post Number: 338
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the drink FA. ...

pop? No.
hot cocoa? No.
water? No.
tea? No.
coffee? No.
water mixed with something? No.
milk? No.

Also, are you being restrained in a jail/prisoner situation? No.
Superman (Superman)

Post Number: 536
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a drink eh?

Is this item edible?
Is it a narcotic?

Post Number: 342
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a drink eh? Correct. Although, try and figure out why I would want to drink it and why I use 'drink' rather than a different term.

Is this item edible? No.
Is it a narcotic? No.
Superman (Superman)

Post Number: 538
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you human, adult, male?

Would 'drink' figuratively mean 'consume' in this context?

Post Number: 345
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you human, adult, male? No.

Would 'drink' figuratively mean 'consume' in this context? No, I mean drink.
Superman (Superman)

Post Number: 543
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 6:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you an animal?
An inanimate object?
If so, are you a car?

Post Number: 347
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you an animal? ****BLOOPER**** I am H/A/M.
An inanimate object?
If so, are you a car?
Superman (Superman)

Post Number: 547
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you a vampire?
Is this pseudo-drink a ...
solid?
liquid?
gas?
intangible object?

Post Number: 349
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you a vampire? Lol. H/A/M.
Is this pseudo-drink a ...
solid? No.
liquid? This.
gas? No.
intangible object? No.
Davesnothere (Davesnothere)
Username: Davesnothere

Post Number: 87
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you Adam being told not to drink from the fountain of knowledge but wanting to do so anyway?

Is the meaning of drink metaphorical?

Post Number: 350
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you Adam being told not to drink from the fountain of knowledge but wanting to do so anyway? No. Nice try.

Is the meaning of drink metaphorical? No. I want to drink this liquid.
Davesnothere (Davesnothere)
Username: Davesnothere

Post Number: 94
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 11:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you speaking to someone who has the liquid?
Someone who is advising you not to drink the liquid?
Is there some reason you want to drink it - is it thirst? Is it for the effect that it will cause?
Is the drink a potion?
Is magic involved?
Is the particular liquid relevant?

You are physically unable to drink the liquid -- because of your proximity to it (you can't get to the liquid)? Something about your body, mouth, throat prevents you from drinking?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 1059
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you want to swallow this liquid, taking it into your digestive system, where some will be absorbed and the rest will come out the other end?

Is the liquid somehow restrained? Can you see it? Touch it? Reach it? Is it in a container? Is it something that can be drunk safely? Would it help us to identify the liquid?

Is the location relevant? The time period? Other people? Are you yourself, Pikachizzle, the person who wants to drink, or does he represent someone else? A specific person? Is this a true story?

Post Number: 352
Posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you speaking to someone who has the liquid? No.
Someone who is advising you not to drink the liquid? No.
Is there some reason you want to drink it - is it thirst? Yes. Is it for the effect that it will cause? No.
Is the drink a potion? No.
Is magic involved? No.
Is the particular liquid relevant? Yes.

You are physically unable to drink the liquid -- because of your proximity to it (you can't get to the liquid)? No. Something about your body, mouth, throat prevents you from drinking? No.

So you want to swallow this liquid, taking it into your digestive system, where some will be absorbed and the rest will come out the other end? Yes, loll.

Is the liquid somehow restrained? No. Can you see it? Yes. Touch it? Yes. Reach it? Yes. Is it in a container? No. Is it something that can be drunk safely? No. Would it help us to identify the liquid? Yes.

Is the location relevant? Desert. The time period? Not really. Other people? No. Are you yourself, Pikachizzle, the person who wants to drink, or does he represent someone else? It's me. A specific person? Is this a true story? No, but it could easily happen. The want to drink this liquid, however, is not very common.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 1064
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you isolated or lost? Is the drink urine? Seawater? Will this drink make you even thirstier? Does it contain salt? Or other unhealthy impurities? Or will it actually hydrate you? Is it a unitary liquid, or a mixture of some sort? You can reach and drink it? You just aren't doing so? Aren't being allowed to do so? Shouldn't do so? Are you stopping yourself from drinking it?

Post Number: 353
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you isolated or lost? Yes. Is the drink urine? No. Seawater? No. Will this drink make you even thirstier? No. Does it contain salt? No. Or other unhealthy impurities? Possibly but irrel. Or will it actually hydrate you? {No.} Is it a unitary liquid, or a mixture of some sort? No. You can reach Yes. and drink it? No. You just aren't doing so? I can't drink it. Aren't being allowed to do so? No. Shouldn't do so? Yes. Are you stopping yourself from drinking it? Yes.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 1067
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant, is it a single liquid? (Like pure juice) Or a mixture of some sort? (like a concentrate or cocktail)

Is it frozen? In vapor form?

Is it dangerous in some way? Poisonous?

Post Number: 354
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 12:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant, is it a single liquid? (Like pure juice) This, but do explore. Or a mixture of some sort? (like a concentrate or cocktail)

Is it frozen? Yope. In vapor form? No.

Is it dangerous in some way? Not in its current state. Poisonous? No.
Kalira (Kalira)
Username: Kalira

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with camels? The fact that they don't actually have water in their humps?

When you say desert, do you mean something like the Sahara or the Gobi? Or something we wouldn't necessarily immediately think of as a desert (in the words of America: "The ocean is a desert with its life underground," making no comment on the veracity of 70s band lyrics, of course ;-)...)?

Post Number: 355
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything to do with camels? No. The fact that they don't actually have water in their humps? No.

When you say desert, do you mean something like the Sahara or the Gobi? This. Or something we wouldn't necessarily immediately think of as a desert (in the words of America: "The ocean is a desert with its life underground," making no comment on the veracity of 70s band lyrics, of course ;-)...)?

Lol no, but I like where you're going. Think outside the box like with did with 'desert'.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not frozen. But trapped, somehow? Combined with something else such that it's solid? Like how water and sand come together to make mud, so that the water is effectively trapped by the sand and you can actually pick it up?

Is it a drink that could be sold commercially and drunk by the general public?

Would it be dangerous in a liquid state? A vapor? Is it possible to actually drink it, or would it need to be prepared first, or do you need to wait for something to happen?

Post Number: 356
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 1:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not frozen. But trapped, somehow? No. Combined with something else such that it's solid? Like how water and sand come together to make mud, so that the water is effectively trapped by the sand and you can actually pick it up? No.

Is it a drink FA. that could be sold commercially Yes. and drunk by the general public? No.

Would it be dangerous in a liquid state? It is a liquid. Anything is potentially dangerous, so I guess the answer to this is actually : No. A vapor? Is it possible to actually drink it No., or would it need to be prepared first, or do you need to wait for something to happen? None of these.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 394
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 8:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the liquid actually physically present? or an illusion (such as a mirage)?

If it truly exists, could you pour it on some other part of your body (such as onto your hand), rather than in your mouth?

Post Number: 358
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the liquid actually physically present? Yes. or an illusion (such as a mirage)? No.

If it truly exists, could you pour it on some other part of your body (such as onto your hand), rather than in your mouth? Nope. This liquid does not pour, however is a physical, literal liquid.
Caesarachilles (Caesarachilles)
Username: Caesarachilles

Post Number: 95
Posted on Monday, June 01, 2009 - 11:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it glass? (Glass actually is a liquid, by the way, just with über-high viscosity.)

Does the liquid's chemical formula contain:
Oxygen? Hydrogen? Carbon? Silicon? Nitrogen? Lithium? Potassium? Boron? Fluorine? Chlorine? Lead? Gold? Silver? Aluminum/Aluminium? Anything else?

Post Number: 359
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it glass? (Glass actually is a liquid, by the way, just with über-high viscosity.) Yes it is!

****SPOILER****
I am in a desert with a mere glass bottle of water. Although my water supply is depleted, I remain thirsty, and knowing that the glass bottle is liquid, I want to drink it.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO PLAYED, GRATS TO CAESARACHILLES FOR SOLVING.

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

w00t w00t!!

Sorry for the solve-steal there, everyone. I wouldn't have known it if not for your excellent efforts! XD

Good puzzle, Pikachizzle!
D_gordon (D_gordon)
Username: D_gordon

Post Number: 502
Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 4:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was going to post "I hate to spoil the spoiler, but no, glass isn't a liquid," because I know about the popular myth from which that belief comes, but when I googled for references to support this, it turned out to be even more complicated than that. A starting point might be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass#Physics_of_glass

Post Number: 110
Posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 9:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Aye; after I posted, I also went to the Source of All Knowledge, and noticed that it was indeed quite complicated. I remember seeing in a footnote in my chemistry textbook (Oxtoby, David W; Gillis, H Pat; Campion, Alan; Principles of Modern Chemistry, 6th Edition. Thomson Brooks/Cole, 2008. Belmont, CA, USA.) that glass was a liquid (for various reasons), but I wasn't entirely sure, so I looked it up online. After reading the above article, I think it would be safest to say that glass can be either a liquid, solid, or both, depending on what criteria you go by, and who you ask.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: