[Torquemada] Sharing the blame Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - March 2010 » [Torquemada] Sharing the blame « Previous Next »

Torquemada (Torquemada)
Username: Torquemada

Post Number: 152
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She broke it, but it was really his fault, so I suppose that makes me ultimately responsible.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 1417
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She=HAF? His=HAM? Me=you?
Is he your child? Your responsibility?
Dit it belong to: her? him? you?
Is it tangible? Could it be repaired? Was it literally broken? Or is a broken heart relevant? did he blame you? Did she? Relevant?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 153
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 3:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She=HAF? Yes His=HAM? HCM Me=you? Yes
Is he your child? He is Your responsibility? That too
Dit it belong to: her? him? you? Her and me, I suppose
Is it tangible? Yes Could it be repaired? Yes Was it literally broken? DOYD of broken. It wasn't working, but nothing had snapped or come apart Or is a broken heart relevant? Nothing like that did he blame you? Did she? Relevant? Not relevant, but no one blamed anyone else
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1418
Posted on Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it electrical? Electronic? Did he tell her to do something, that ended up breaking it? Is she a family member as well? Spouse? Friend? Coworker? Stranger?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 154
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it electrical? Electronic? Neither of these Did he tell her to do something, that ended up breaking it? Definitely not Is she a family member as well? Yes Spouse? Friend? Coworker? Stranger? So none of these
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1435
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 2:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it bigger than: a fingernail? Golf ball? Fist? Breadbox? Suitcase? Person? Car? Building?
Is it mechanical? Is it a toy? Tool? Is it dangerous? Fun? Useful?
Are you responsible simply because he is your responsibility? Or is there a more direct connection?
Can you fix it? Or can she? Or he?
Is she your: sister? Daughter? Mother? Aunt? Cousin? Niece? Grandma? Relevant?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it bigger than: a fingernail? Golf ball? Fist? Breadbox? Suitcase? Person? Car? Building? Between a golf ball and a fist
Is it mechanical? Not exactly, but this is closer that the others Is it a toy? Tool? Is it dangerous? Fun? Neither of these Useful? This
Are you responsible simply because he is your responsibility? Or is there a more direct connection? The connection is more direct, but also somewhat lateral
Can you fix it? Or can she? Or he? Any of us could potentially, although he might struggle
Is she your: sister? Daughter? Mother? Aunt? Cousin? Niece? Grandma? Relevant?

*****EMBARRASSING BLOOPER!*****

I meant to say that she was my spouse! Honestly, I do know who I'm married to most of the time. No, really! Sorry for the error. :s
Yuva (Yuva)
Username: Yuva

Post Number: 13
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she have to break it on purpose? by accident?
Was the child holding it when she broke it?
Do you own it? Borrow it? Do you have to fix it? Would you rather get a new one? Is it valuable?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 157
Posted on Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she have to break it on purpose? No by accident? Yesish
Was the child holding it when she broke it? No
Do you own it? This Borrow it? Do you have to fix it? Yes Would you rather get a new one? No Is it valuable? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1449
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 12:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a household object? Is it used in the house? Garden? Garage? Did she drop it? Throw it? Handle it too roughly in some other way? Or not rough but just incorrectly?
Is fixing it simply a matter of putting it together right? Or do you need to add something? Like glue?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 158
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 1:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a household object? Yes Is it used in the house? And yes Garden? Garage? So neither of these Did she drop it? Throw it? Handle it too roughly in some other way? Or not rough but just incorrectly? This is closest, but believe it or not, none of them are really right
Is fixing it simply a matter of putting it together right? Could you rephrase please. As above, nothing had snapped or come apart Or do you need to add something? No Like glue?
Yuva (Yuva)

Post Number: 18
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the kid handling it at all?
Was he about to handle it?
Did the kid do any damage before she got to it?
Did she try to undo something the kid has done with it?
Was the "it" a kitchen utility? Bathroom utility? A decorative piece? A clock?
Did it have moving parts?
Did you mean you have to take it as your mistake as no one else could be blamed in particular?
Is your "responsibility" relevant in any other way?
Did the fix take you seconds? minutes? hours? More?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 160
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 7:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the kid handling it at all?
Was he about to handle it?
Did the kid do any damage before she got to it?
Did she try to undo something the kid has done with it? None of these
Was the "it" a kitchen utility? Bathroom utility? This A decorative piece? A clock?
Did it have moving parts? No
Did you mean you have to take it as your mistake as no one else could be blamed in particular? No
Is your "responsibility" relevant in any other way? Yes
Did the fix take you seconds? This minutes? hours? More?
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 1854
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 7:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a shower? Water tap?

Did she break it when avoiding doing something to the child?
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 1855
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you responsible because you did not fix it before? Actually, was there already something wrong with it when she broke it?

I assume it happened in the bathroom, right? If so, were you present when it happened? Was she? Was the child?

Is the thing which was broken detachable? Can you take it out of the bathroom without having to unscrew it or something like this?
Yuva (Yuva)

Post Number: 26
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the thing affixed in the bath room, like a soap rack? was it a soap rack? a door knob? a door hinge? air freshener? bath up plug?
does it normally lie on the floor? fixed to the wall? put on a shelf? in the shower area?
was the kid misbehaving?

I am new to the game and not sure of I have anything I shouldn't be. Please excuse and explain if I am not playing by the rules.
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 1861
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you needn't be afraid, Yuva - you are playing exactly by the rules :-)) Welcome and enjoy!
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 161
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a shower? Water tap? Neither of these

Did she break it when avoiding doing something to the child? No

Are you responsible because you did not fix it before? No Actually, was there already something wrong with it when she broke it? And no

I assume it happened in the bathroom, right? Correct If so, were you present when it happened? No Was she? Yes Was the child? No

Is the thing which was broken detachable? Can you take it out of the bathroom without having to unscrew it or something like this? No, it's pretty solidly fixed

Is the thing affixed in the bath room, like a soap rack? Yope was it a soap rack? a door knob? a door hinge? air freshener? bath up plug? This is close enough. It was the bath plughole
does it normally lie on the floor? fixed to the wall? put on a shelf? in the shower area?
was the kid misbehaving? No

I am new to the game and not sure of I have anything I shouldn't be. Please excuse and explain if I am not playing by the rules.
As Alhucema says, you're doing fine. So the plughole was broken, but how, and why the distribution of blame?
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 1862
Posted on Friday, March 19, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the plughole obstructed by something? His toy?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1461
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you responsible because it's you who end up having to fix these kinds of things? Or are you ultimately responsible for breaking it?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 162
Posted on Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 7:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the plughole obstructed by something? It was! His toy? But not this

Are you responsible because it's you who end up having to fix these kinds of things? Or are you ultimately responsible for breaking it? I'm ultimately responsible for that fact that it broke. Why that should be the case is for you to discover.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1484
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 1:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she pull the plug? And something in the bath water got stuck in the hole? Had he put it in the water? Had you?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 165
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 4:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she pull the plug? No, but not terribly relevant And something in the bath water got stuck in the hole? Yes Had he put it in the water? Had you? No to both of these
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1485
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had she put it in the water? Which is why "she broke it?" Relevant what it was? Why it was in the water? Why it wasn't removed? Should he have removed it? Or you?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 167
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had she put it in the water? Yesish Which is why "she broke it?" Yes, exactly Relevant what it was? Definitely Why it was in the water? No Why it wasn't removed? Not this either Should he have removed it? Or you? No, neither of us should have done anything before the plug was blocked
Yuva (Yuva)

Post Number: 32
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 8:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A piece of soap?
Was it plastic? rubber? organic?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 168
Posted on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A piece of soap? No
Was it plastic? rubber? organic? This!
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 1873
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 10:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it alive? A part of his body?

Was it a sponge? Something which can be reasonably expected to be used in the bathroom?

Does it serve to wash/dry one's body?

Was it used on the child when he was in the bath?

Did it fall into the water?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 170
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 4:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it alive? No, with an ish A part of his body? No

Was it a sponge? No Something which can be reasonably expected to be used in the bathroom? No

Does it serve to wash/dry one's body? No

Was it used on the child when he was in the bath? FA

Did it fall into the water? Yes, but I suspect another FA
Jp24 (Jp24)
Username: Jp24

Post Number: 7
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it her hair?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 173
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it her hair? Yes, indeed it was!
Jp24 (Jp24)

Post Number: 8
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 5:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she losing hair at a faster rate because of the child, so it clogged the drain faster?
Jp24 (Jp24)

Post Number: 9
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 5:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you ultimately responsible because you are his father? Since he exists (in part) because of you?
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 174
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 6:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she losing hair at a faster rate because of the child, so it clogged the drain faster?

Were you ultimately responsible because you are his father? Since he exists (in part) because of you? Wow! It looks like it's time for a

****SPOILER****

My wife, who has a very fine head of hair, found after the birth of each of our sons that just as the pregnancy hormones stopped her hair from falling out even at the normal rate and caused it to grow thicker, so it fell out in much greater quantities after birth, so every time she took a shower, the plughole would get blocked.

It was his fault because but for him, the hair wouldn't have grown so thick or fallen out at such a rate, so I was responsible because it was his very existence that caused the problem in the first place.

Well done. That was a surprisingly quick kill in the end.
Alhucema (Alhucema)

Post Number: 1879
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 7:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This was very lateral indeed, Torquemada! Thanks for a great puzzle.

By the way, this unfortunately happens to many of us - it seems that pregnancy hormones really protect our hair from falling, only to return to their normal fall rate after childbirth.
Torquemada (Torquemada)

Post Number: 175
Posted on Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All too sadly true. I suppose the common nature of the problem made it something that would be deduced fairly quickly once a start had been made, but I couldn't resist the laterality of the puzzle statement.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: