[Vadron] Umm, no... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2011 » [Vadron] Umm, no... « Previous Next »

Vadron (Vadron)
Username: Vadron

Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 5:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I don't think so."
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 2664
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 6:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this said in response to a question? Or other part of a conversation? Is whoever says it saying it HAM?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this said in response to a question? Yesish Or other part of a conversation? Is whoever says it saying it HAM? Irr.
It_so_happened (It_so_happened)
Username: It_so_happened

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2010 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was a question asked or posed?
Was the above statement said to the asker of the question?
Was it said as an unsure response? (e.g. "Was that Jim I heard?" "I don't think so.")
Was it said as a stated opinion? (e.g. "Should abortion be legal?" "I don't think so.")
Was it stated as a refusal to action? (e.g. "Come on, go bungee jumping with me!" "I don't think so.")
Was it stated as a sarcastic response? (e.g. "I think I look cool in this giant sombrero." "I don't think so, chief.")
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 32
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 8:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was a question asked or posed? Yesish
Was the above statement said to the asker of the question? Yes
Was it said as an unsure response? (e.g. "Was that Jim I heard?" "I don't think so.") No
Was it said as a stated opinion? (e.g. "Should abortion be legal?" "I don't think so.") No
Was it stated as a refusal to action? (e.g. "Come on, go bungee jumping with me!" "I don't think so.") Yes
Was it stated as a sarcastic response? (e.g. "I think I look cool in this giant sombrero." "I don't think so, chief.") No

Post Number: 92
Posted on Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone proposed something?
And the reply was a refusal to that proposal?
Was it something dangerous?
Difficult?
Time-consuming?
Embarrassing?
Painful?
Somehow unpleasant?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 35
Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 4:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone proposed something? Yesish
And the reply was a refusal to that proposal? Yes
Was it something dangerous? Noish
Difficult? No
Time-consuming? Noish
Embarrassing? Noish
Painful? No
Somehow unpleasant? Noish

Post Number: 120
Posted on Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Expensive?
A waste of time?
Useless?
Did the person hear the reply?
Or was it addressing a TV or other type of ad?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 5:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Expensive? Noish
A waste of time? Yesish
Useless? Yesish
Did the person hear the reply? Yes
Or was it addressing a TV or other type of ad?
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 1890
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 11:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are two people relevant, one asking and one answering? Is the question/proposal directed only to the person answering? Or to a group of people? to anybody within earshot? Is more than one person asking? Is the question/proposal spoken? Or is it written? On a banner or sign? Is a demonstration going on? Are they activists wanting you to do/not do something?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 40
Posted on Monday, May 31, 2010 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are two people relevant, one asking and one answering? More than two. Is the question/proposal directed only to the person answering? Thisish... Or to a group of people? And also thisish xto anybody within earshot? Is more than one person asking? Yope Is the question/proposal spoken? This Or is it written? On a banner or sign? Is a demonstration going on? No Are they activists wanting you to do/not do something? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 11:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one person asking, on behalf of a group? Are they trying to sell something? Are they politicians? Are they trying to get you to vote for or against something?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 43
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is one person asking, on behalf of a group? Yes Are they trying to sell something? Are they politicians? Are they trying to get you to vote for or against something? No to all the rest.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 1988
Posted on Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they want you to do something? Give money? Join the group? Sign a petition? Pose for a picture? Help them with something?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 45
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they want you to do something? Yes Give money? Join the group? Sign a petition? Pose for a picture? Help them with something? None of these!

Also, there is an FA lurking around. Be careful.

Post Number: 182
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the FA that the one person speaking is the only one who is wanting you (is it actually you?) to do something?
Does he want you to do something to benefit the group in some way?
Is the group...more than 5? 10? 20? 100? 1000?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 46
Posted on Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 8:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the FA that the one person speaking is the only one who is wanting you (is it actually you? ) No. That's the FA! to do something? You assumed that? Well, that would be an FA too.
Does he want you to do something to benefit the group in some way? Not you, but yes.
Is the group...more than 5? 10? 20? Between this and 100 100? 1000?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Friday, June 04, 2010 - 9:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So a person, representing a group, is asking one or more other persons something. You are not the target of the question, but you reply "I don't think so."
Correct?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 49
Posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 6:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So a person, representing a group, is asking one or more other persons something. You are not the target of the question, but you reply "I don't think so."
Correct? No, I am not involved at all in this situation. The person who said "I don't think so" was the person/ one of the people being asked.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 5:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the group asking for: money? A signature? A favor? A donation? Of blood? Are they selling something? Boycotting something? Buying something? Conducting some sort of survey? Or test? Experiment?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 58
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 8:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the group asking for: money? A signature? A favor? A donation? Of blood? Are they selling something? Boycotting something? Buying something? This Conducting some sort of survey? Or test? Experiment?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Tuesday, June 08, 2010 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they want to buy something from the person(s) asked? Do they want to buy their souls? Clothes? Cellphones? Wallets? Debts? Something tangible? Something they have with them at the moment? Is their location relevant? Are they at a mall?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 60
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they want to buy something from the person(s) asked? Yes Do they want to buy their souls? Clothes? Cellphones? Wallets? Debts? Something tangible? Yes Something they have with them at the moment? They don't have it with them at the moment of asking, but this is not the reason they refused. Is their location relevant? Very. Are they at a mall?

No to all unanswered questions.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 1:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a bad deal? Were the askers trying to trick them? Is the location a public place? Is it outdoors?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 62
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a bad deal? Were the askers trying to trick them? Is the location a public place? Is it outdoors? No to all of these!
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2037
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a residence? Are the askers going door to door? Is religion involved? Are the items they're looking to buy very valuable? Are they antiques? Toys? Tools? Books? Common in the home? Does the answerer consider the question rude? Silly? Did he have the item(s) they were buying?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they speaking face to face?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 63
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 5:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a residence? Yopish. I just coined a new word! Are the askers going door to door? No Is religion involved? No Are the items they're looking to buy very valuable? No Are they antiques? Toys? Tools? Books? None of these Common in the home? FA- I never said it was a home Does the answerer consider the question rude? No Silly? Noish Did he have the item(s) they were buying? Noish.

Are they speaking face to face? No!
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2040
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the askers hear the answer? Are they speaking via: telephone? Radio? TV? Movie screen? Other loudspeaker? Is it an advertisement?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, June 10, 2010 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the askers hear the answer? Yes Are they speaking via: telephone? This Radio? TV? Movie screen? Other loudspeaker? Is it an advertisement? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2057
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2010 - 10:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the reason why they want to buy the items important? Is the reason why the other person doesn't want to sell important? Does he own any of the items they want to buy? does he think the item(s) are worth more to him than the money he'll get? They're buying them for money, right?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 65
Posted on Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 6:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the reason why they want to buy the items important? Yope Is the reason why the other person doesn't want to sell important? Yes Does he own any of the items they want to buy? Now that I think about it, yes, he does own some does he think the item(s) are worth more to him than the money he'll get? No They're buying them for money, right? Yes
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 68
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 5:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hint:
The conversation is from a member of a group to a member of another group.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2110
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 8:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the buyers want to buy something owned by that other group? Do they want to buy real estate? A building?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 70
Posted on Wednesday, June 23, 2010 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the buyers want to buy something owned by that other group? Yesish to yope. Do they want to buy real estate? A building? Not these.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2137
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 8:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they want to buy one item? Multiple? Are the items physical objects? Does the group make the items? Or grow them?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 72
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they want to buy one item? Multiple? This Are the items physical objects? Yes Does the group make the items? The ones they don't have already, yes. Or grow them?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 1345
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the items part of a set?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 73
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2010 - 6:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the items part of a set? No, not if I understand your question correctly.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2216
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 10:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the group a company? Making a product? Is the caller from a company? Wanting to buy the product? Does the group not want to sell because: the amount of objects they want to buy? If so, is it: too small? Too large? Because what the group will do with the objects? Does the seller think the buyers are objectionable in some way?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 75
Posted on Monday, June 28, 2010 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the group a company? Yesish, DOYD of company Making a product? Yes Is the caller from a company? Again, DOYD of company Wanting to buy the product? Yes Does the group not want to sell because: the amount of objects they want to buy? Partly, but there is much more to it If so, is it: too small? Too large? This Because what the group will do with the objects? Noish Does the seller think the buyers are objectionable in some way? DOYD of objectionable. Wow, that was a hard post to answer
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2259
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 10:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the order extremely large? Ridiculously so? Are the buyers serious? Or is it a prank call? Does the callee know the caller?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 76
Posted on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the order extremely large? How large is extremely? Ridiculously so? Probably not ridiculously Are the buyers serious? This Or is it a prank call? Does the callee know the caller? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2282
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the makers make the product for: fun? Profit? Would they need to increase the production in order to fulfill the order? Do they not want to?
Wild-assed guess: are they the monks brewing what has been called the world's greatest beer? Refusing an offer to step up production since they're not interested in getting rich or brewing full-time, but only want to make and sell enough beer to support their monastery?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 77
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the makers make the product for: fun? Profit? This Would they need to increase the production in order to fulfill the order? Do they not want to? It's not this
Wild-assed guess: are they the monks brewing what has been called the world's greatest beer? Refusing an offer to step up production since they're not interested in getting rich or brewing full-time, but only want to make and sell enough beer to support their monastery? Nice idea, but no.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2308
Posted on Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will they be unable to sell the units to others if they take up the order? Is competition relevant? Do the sellers think the buyers will screw up the market? Or their (the sellers') relationships with other buyers?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 78
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Will they be unable to sell the units to others if they take up the order? No, they'll still be able to sell to others Is competition relevant? Do the sellers think the buyers will screw up the market? Or their (the sellers') relationships with other buyers? No to all.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2318
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 1:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the items made of: paper? Plastic? Wood? Metal? Fabric? Glass? Ceramics? Rubber? Fiber? Liquid? Gass? Leather? Food? Are they dangerous? Useful? Pretty? Could another group have placed the same order and have it granted? Were the buyers particular about how the items were made? Or delivered? Or how quickly?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 79
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the items made of: paper? Plastic? Wood? Metal? Fabric? Glass? Ceramics? Rubber? Fiber? Liquid? Gass? Leather? Food? This Are they dangerous? No Useful? Yope Pretty? No Could another group have placed the same order and have it granted? It depends. Usually, yes Were the buyers particular about how the items were made? No Or delivered? Noish Or how quickly? No

Hint: The location of the buyers is very relevant.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2327
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the buyers: far away? Close? Are they a clown school placing a large order of delicious custard pies? Will transportation: cause problems? Take long? Be expensive? Be problematic? Will the sellers be tasked with the delivery? Do they make pizza?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 80
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 - 6:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the buyers: far away? Close? This Are they a clown school placing a large order of delicious custard pies? No Will transportation: cause problems? Take long? Be expensive? Be problematic? This is closest Will the sellers be tasked with the delivery? Yes Do they make pizza? Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2364
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 11:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they builders? Asking for delivery atop a high-rise in construction? Or is vertical transportation otherwise relevant? Up lots and lots of stairs? If they had ordered only one pizza, would delivery not have been a problem? Is the weather relevant?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 81
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they builders? No Asking for delivery atop a high-rise in construction? Or is vertical transportation otherwise relevant? No Up lots and lots of stairs? If they had ordered only one pizza, would delivery not have been a problem? It would still be a 'problem'. There's a bit of an FA going around. I said problematic was closest, I didn't say the description was entirely accurate Is the weather relevant? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2369
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

better description: dangerous? Boring? Lots of work? Complicated? Annoying? Pointless? Is there a relevant physical obstacle? Is the profession of the buyers relevant? Are the buyers a competing pizza place?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 10:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

better description: dangerous? Boring? Lots of work? Complicated? Annoying? Pointless? This Is there a relevant physical obstacle? No Is the profession of the buyers relevant? Yes Are the buyers a competing pizza place No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2373
Posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 11:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Profession:
Artistic? Musical?
Agriculture? Hunter? Fisherman?
Banking? Financial? Real estate?
Clerical? Administrative? Receptionist?
Computer related? Hardware? Information technology?
Construction? Craftsman?
Criminal? Jailbird?
Education? Academic Research?
Entertainment? Media?
Executive? Management?
Hospitality? Travel? Food Service?
Law enforcement? Police?
Legal Services?
Manufacturing? Distributions?
Medical? Health Services?
Politics? Government? Military?
Sales? Marketing? Tradesman?
Religion?
Retired person? Occupational disease?
Sports?
Student? Trainee?
Teaching? Child care?
Technical? Science? Engineering?
Transportation?
Unemployed?
Writer? Editor? Translator? Interpreter?
Other?

Would the pizza be eaten? Could something much cheaper/simpler be used instead of pizza? Will the pizza be eaten by animals?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 83
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 5:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Profession:
Artistic? Musical?
Construction? Craftsman?
Criminal? Jailbird?
Entertainment? Media?
Executive? Management?
Law enforcement? Police? Close to this
Legal Services?
Politics? Government? Military? Also close to this
Religion?
Sports?
Student? Trainee?
Teaching? Child care?
Transportation?
Unemployed?
Other?

Would the pizza be eaten? Yes Could something much cheaper/simpler be used instead of pizza? No Will the pizza be eaten by animals? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2411
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 9:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are group 2 security guards? Would the delivery be pointless because they could just as well come get it themselves? Is it only the delivery that is pointless? Or is it pointless to make the pizzas int he first place? Would it be pointless if they had only ordered one pizza?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 84
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are group 2 security guards? No Would the delivery be pointless because they could just as well come get it themselves? No Is it only the delivery that is pointless? Or is it pointless to make the pizzas int he first place? This Would it be pointless if they had only ordered one pizza? Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2435
Posted on Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the puzzle title be extended? To: "Umm, no...you have enough food"? "You're fat"? "You can get pizza somewhere else"? "You just had a big dinner"? "You will soon get food anyway"? "You won't pay"? "It's not worth it"?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 85
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 3:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can the puzzle title be extended? Yes To: "Umm, no...you have enough food"? "You're fat"? "You can get pizza somewhere else"? "You just had a big dinner"? "You will soon get food anyway"? "You won't pay"? "It's not worth it"? This
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2449
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they coast guard? Customs? Government officials? Do they have ulterior motives? Or do they simply want pizza?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 87
Posted on Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 9:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they coast guard? Customs? Government officials? None of these Do they have ulterior motives? Or do they simply want pizza? This
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2513
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is their exact profession relevant? Is their profession the only reason why it's pointless to make them pizza? Or is their location relevant as well? If they came into the pizza place and asked for pizza to go, would they have been denied? Or if they came in to eat there?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 88
Posted on Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is their exact profession relevant? Yes Is their profession the only reason why it's pointless to make them pizza? No Or is their location relevant as well? Yes If they came into the pizza place and asked for pizza to go, would they have been denied? No Or if they came in to eat there? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2530
Posted on Friday, July 09, 2010 - 10:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they have connections to the military? To the police? To security? Are they body guards? Prison guards? Are they in a: building? Public place? Vehicle? Aircraft? Secure area? Would anyone ordering delivery from that location be denied?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 89
Posted on Saturday, July 10, 2010 - 6:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they have connections to the military? To the police? To security? None of these! Are they body guards? Prison guards? No to both Are they in a: building? Public place? Vehicle? Aircraft? Secure area? Noish to this, no to all the rest Would anyone ordering delivery from that location be denied? I would imagine so, but I can't say for certain.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2543
Posted on Monday, July 12, 2010 - 11:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they outside? Underground? Would delivering the pizza to them be: difficult? Expensive? Unpleasant? Impossible? Is pizza not allowed in the area? Do they understand why their order is refused?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 93
Posted on Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they outside? Underground? Neither Would delivering the pizza to them be: difficult? Expensive? Unpleasant? Impossible? None of these Is pizza not allowed in the area? Pizza would probably be allowed Do they understand why their order is refused? Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2556
Posted on Friday, July 23, 2010 - 10:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they working at the moment? Do they have weapons? Are they guarding someone? Or something? Is there something relevant going on at their location at the moment? Are they on a craft/vehicle of some sort? If their order hadn't been denied, would they have gotten their pizzas? would the pizzas have been edible? Tasty? Do they work with dangerous substances? Are they cleaning up an oil spill?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 95
Posted on Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they working at the moment? Yes Do they have weapons? Perhaps Are they guarding someone? Or something? No Is there something relevant going on at their location at the moment? Yesish, DOYD of "going on" Are they on a craft/vehicle of some sort? No If their order hadn't been denied, would they have gotten their pizzas? Yes would the pizzas have been edible? Yes Tasty? Probably! Do they work with dangerous substances? No Are they cleaning up an oil spill? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2653
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 12:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a: tent? Shed? Hut? Are they hunters? Are they in danger? Are they out in the country? In a city? Suburbs? Are they hiding? Are they fighting? Rioting? Is fire involved?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 97
Posted on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER ALERT!
The answer to
Are they in a: building? should have been yes

Are they in a: tent? Shed? Hut? So it's none of these Are they hunters? No Are they in danger? No Are they out in the country? In a city? This Suburbs? Are they hiding? Are they fighting? Rioting? None of these Is fire involved? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2698
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the buiding a home? Commercial building? Store? Building used for a special purpose? Are they employed by the government? Are they working? Teaining? Doing excercises? Waiting? Is the buiding guarded? Is it an embassy? Is there a hostage situation? Or robbery? Or other emergency?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 100
Posted on Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the buiding a home? Commercial building? Store? Building used for a special purpose? I would say this, but it DOYD of 'commercial' and 'special purpose' Are they employed by the government? I think so, I don't know enough Are they working? Yes Teaining? Doing excercises? Waiting? Is the buiding guarded? Yes but irr. Is it an embassy? No Is there a hostage situation? Or robbery? Or other emergency? No

Beware of FA
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2727
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 10:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they enforce laws? Are they health imspectors? Do they have guns? Would any pizza place deny them service? Is it relevant that it's pizzza specifically? Or would any food delivery be pointless? Relevant where in the buiding they are? Is the restaurant owner at odds with them?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 103
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they enforce laws? Yes Are they health imspectors? No Do they have guns? Irr. Would any pizza place deny them service? Probably Is it relevant that it's pizzza specifically? No Or would any food delivery be pointless? Relevant where in the buiding they are? No Is the restaurant owner at odds with them? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2863
Posted on Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 9:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would making the delivery break a law? Does the building belong to the military? Is the puzzle set in the US? In present time?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 104
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 5:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would making the delivery break a law? No Does the building belong to the military? No Is the puzzle set in the US? Yes In present time? Yes
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2881
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the building well known? Iconic? Off limits for pizza delivery people? Would the pizza be confiscated? Do they work with dangerous: people? Animals? Substances? Machines? With secrets?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 105
Posted on Monday, August 02, 2010 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the building well known? Iconic? Off limits for pizza delivery people? Would the pizza be confiscated? No to all of these Do they work with dangerous: people? Yope to this Animals? Substances? Machines? With secrets? Yes, but beware FA
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2934
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 8:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Witness protection relevant? Courts? Punishment? Dead people?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 106
Posted on Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Witness protection relevant? Courts? Punishment? Dead people? No to all
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2989
Posted on Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crime relevant? Punishment? Courts? Are they a jury?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 107
Posted on Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 5:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crime relevant? Yes Punishment? Yesish Courts? No Are they a jury? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2887
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 5:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in prison? Inmates? Guards? Would the delivery men be in danger if they delivered the pizza?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 108
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 7:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FINALLY!!! Someone other than Galfisk has posted! (No offence intended to Galfisk)

Are they in prison? Inmates? Guards? Would the delivery men be in danger if they delivered the pizza? No to all
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2889
Posted on Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the buyers only asking for pizza for themselves? For more people? For a whole lot more? Are the buyers in the military? In law enforcement? Is the pizza being delivered? Carry-out? Is the "it's not worth it" because of the amount of pizza ordered? Because of the place they're delivering to? The people who are buying it? The people who will be eating it?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 109
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the buyers only asking for pizza for themselves? This For more people? For a whole lot more? Are the buyers in the military? No In law enforcement? Yope Is the pizza being delivered? This Carry-out? Is the "it's not worth it" because of the amount of pizza ordered? Because of the place they're delivering to? This is closest The people who are buying it? The people who will be eating it?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2934
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 4:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there 2 buyers? 3? 4? 5? More? Relevant? Is the buyers' profession related to law? Are they in the government?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 110
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are there 2 buyers? 3? 4? 5? More? Relevant? See Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 8:17 pm Is the buyers' profession related to law? Yope Are they in the government? Noish
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2940
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be illegal for the delivery men to deliver it? Are the buyers indoors? Do they work indoors?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 116
Posted on Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would it be illegal for the delivery men to deliver it? Already answered-no Are the buyers indoors? Already answered-yes Do they work indoors? Sometimes, probably most times

I recommend reading all the prevous questions and their answers before asking any more questions.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2954
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the buyers planning on buying a pizza? More than one? Do the delivery men make a special offer? A promotion? But the buyers refuse? Do they realize something's wrong? That they will pay more than expected? Is cost relevant?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 117
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 4:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the buyers planning on buying a pizza? More than one? It's extremely large, so more than one Do the delivery men make a special offer? A promotion? But the buyers refuse? Do they realize something's wrong? That they will pay more than expected? Huh? The pizza place is saying "I don't think so", not the buyers Is cost relevant? No

You obviously still haven't read the rest of the questions and answers. Please do so.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2956
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 10:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, done.

Are they in their workplace when making their order? Do they work in a factory? Are they guards of any sort? Are they supervisors of a sort?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 122
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in their workplace when making their order? No, good question Do they work in a factory? No Are they guards of any sort? No Are they supervisors of a sort? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2969
Posted on Monday, August 09, 2010 - 9:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a residence? Of one of the buyers? In another place of business? Does the pizza company know where they're phoning from? Is the reason the order is denied mainly related to the workplace? The occupation?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 125
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a residence? No Of one of the buyers? In another place of business? Yope Does the pizza company know where they're phoning from? Yes Is the reason the order is denied mainly related to the workplace? Yes, assuming you mean 'place they are calling from' The occupation? Noish
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 2985
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 11:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If they were calling from their workplace, would the order have been denied? Are they calling from a pay phone?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 126
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If they were calling from their workplace, would the order have been denied? No Are they calling from a pay phone? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3002
Posted on Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they calling from another pizza place? Do the buyers work for the "denying" pizza place? Another restaurant? Or food business?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 130
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 5:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they calling from another pizza place? No Do the buyers work for the "denying" pizza place? Another restaurant? Or food business? No to all
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3019
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they calling from a workplace with the same business as their own?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 133
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they calling from a workplace with the same business as their own? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3032
Posted on Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So...

The callers are indoors, in a place that is "yope" a place of business. Right?

Is it a nonprofit organization? YMCA? The Salvation Army?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 136
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So...

The callers are indoors, in a place that is "yope" a place of business. Right? Right

Is it a nonprofit organization? I honestly don't know YMCA? The Salvation Army? Neither
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3046
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a building that contains more than one place of business? Like a shopping mall?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 138
Posted on Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a building that contains more than one place of business? No Like a shopping mall?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3054
Posted on Friday, August 13, 2010 - 11:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the building they are in sell items? Buy items? Produce items? Trade items? Appraise items? Is the building they are in related to their workplace? Is it a police station? Fire station? Is the building related to transportation?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 141
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 7:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the building they are in sell items? Buy items? Produce items? Trade items? Appraise items? Is the building they are in related to their workplace? Is it a police station? Fire station? Is the building related to transportation? No to all
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3085
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 1:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the building related to any of the following professions:

Artistic? Musical?
Construction? Craftsman?
Criminal? Jailbird?
Entertainment? Media?
Executive? Management?
Law enforcement? Police?
Legal Services?
Religion?
Sports?
Student? Trainee?
Teaching? Child care?
Transportation?
Unemployed?
Other?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 144
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2010 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the building related to any of the following professions:

Artistic? Musical?
Construction? Craftsman?
Criminal? Jailbird?
Entertainment? Media?
Executive? Management?
Law enforcement? Police?
Legal Services?
Medical? Health Services? Yesish to yope
Religion?
Sports?
Student? Trainee?
Teaching? Child care?
Transportation?
Unemployed?
Other?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3103
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a hospital? A clinic? Doctor's office? Is sterility (being germ-free, that is) relevant?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3012
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a morgue? Other place with dead people? Or sick people?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 149
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 - 8:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a hospital? Yesish A clinic? Doctor's office? Is sterility (being germ-free, that is) relevant? No

Are they in a morgue? No Other place with dead people? No Or sick people? Yope
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3192
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they patients?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 152
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they patients? No, but OTRT
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3203
Posted on Monday, August 16, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they inspecting the place? Are they sick? Do they otherwise require medical care? Will they require medical care?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 156
Posted on Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 5:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they inspecting the place? Yesish Are they sick? No Do they otherwise require medical care? No Will they require medical care? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3275
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 5:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a barracks? Are they on a military base? In the hospital tent? Are they in a war zone?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 162
Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they in a barracks? Are they on a military base? In the hospital tent? Are they in a war zone? No to all
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3052
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2010 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they acting as patients? Is there an excercise going on? A drill of emergency procedures or similar? An experiment? Is anyone in danger? Are they supposed to stay hungry?
Vadron (Vadron)

Post Number: 168
Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2010 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they acting as patients? Is there an excercise going on? A drill of emergency procedures or similar? An experiment? Is anyone in danger? Are they supposed to stay hungry? No to all
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3447
Posted on Sunday, August 22, 2010 - 4:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's see...

Could you please recap?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 4:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they guards in a facility for the mentally impaired, who might possibly be dangerous?
Orangeee (Orangeee)
Username: Orangeee

Post Number: 21
Posted on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you please recap?
Kimilia (Kimilia)
Username: Kimilia

Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 10:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they on a boat? Were the people they are watching in quarantine? Or a disease center [for making vaccines and testing, etc]? Would the person delivering have been in any immediate danger if they made the delivery?
Thepasch (Thepasch)
Username: Thepasch

Post Number: 34
Posted on Friday, November 19, 2010 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you please recap?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 10914
Posted on Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 6:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have stumbled across the solution - emailed Admin to possibly take over, since it's been months.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11076
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 12:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As Vadron has not been here in months, I am taking over this puzzle with Admin's permission. Here goes:

Are they guards No in a facility for the mentally impaired, Yes, DOYD of "facility" who might possibly be dangerous?

Were they on a boat? No Were the people they are watching in quarantine? No Or a disease center [for making vaccines and testing, etc]? No Would the person delivering have been in any immediate danger if they made the delivery? No

Could you please recap? Soitenly.

RECAP:

The phrase "I don't think so" is said by a pizza delivery man to a group of people who would like to have a pizza delivered. Both their occupation and the building they are in (which is a "facility for the mentally impaired", DOYD of "facility") are relevant.
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could the buyers be dangerous? Could the pizza be dangerous for the buyers? Is there any general law which forbids delivering pizza to the place where the buyers want it delivered? Are there any sanitary reasons relevant, which state that no food can be delivered to such a place?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11093
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could the buyers be dangerous? Noish Could the pizza be dangerous for the buyers? No Is there any general law which forbids delivering pizza to the place where the buyers want it delivered? No Are there any sanitary reasons relevant, which state that no food can be delivered to such a place? No
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 198
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the buyers really want the pizza? Are they serious in their demand? Are they really expecting pizza to be delivered to them? Are they aware of the circumstances, which caused the delivery man to refuse them?

Post Number: 2674
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Possible $poyler emailed, Balin.

Post Number: 2676
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reproducing possible $poyler here on request, as Balin said close enough:

So I think I've heard this story before. Some undercover police officers (IIRC) are investigating something at a mental facility. They get hungry, because it's taking forever, and they call up the pizza place and ask for a delivery. But, the pizza place knows it's the mental facility and is not keen on selling pizza to insane people, so they say "I don't think so."
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11102
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do the buyers really want the pizza? Yes Are they serious in their demand? Yes Are they really expecting pizza to be delivered to them? Yes Are they aware of the circumstances, which caused the delivery man to refuse them? After the fact, they realize why

Reproducing possible $poyler here on request, as Balin said close enough:

So I think I've heard this story before. Some undercover police officers (IIRC) are investigating something at a mental facility. They get hungry, because it's taking forever, and they call up the pizza place and ask for a delivery. But, the pizza place knows it's the mental facility and is not keen on selling pizza to insane people, so they say "I don't think so."

**********SPOILER**********

Reproduced from snopes.com:

FBI agents conducted a "search and seizure" at the Southwood Psychiatric Hospital in San Diego, which was under investigation for medical insurance fraud. After hours of poring over many rooms of financial records, some sixty FBI agents worked up quite an appetite. The case agent in charge of the investigation called a local pizza parlor with delivery service to order a quick dinner for his colleagues.
The following telephone conversation took place:

Agent: Hello. I would like to order nineteen large pizzas and sixty-seven cans of soda.

Pizza man: And where would you like them delivered?

Agent: To the Southwood Psychiatric Hospital.

Pizza man: To the psychiatric hospital?

Agent: That's right. I'm an FBI agent.

Pizza man: You're an FBI agent?

Agent: That's correct. Just about everybody here is.

Pizza man: And you're at the psychiatric hospital?

Agent: That's correct. And make sure you don't go through the front doors. We have them locked. You'll have to go around to the back to the service entrance to deliver the pizzas.

Pizza man: And you say you're all FBI agents?

Agent: That's right. How soon can you have them here?

Pizza man: And you're over at Southwood?

Agent: That's right. How soon can you have them here?

Pizza man: And everyone at Southwood is an FBI agent?

Agent: That's right. We've been here all day and we're starving.

Pizza man: How are you going to pay for this?

Agent: I have my check book right here.

Pizza man: And you are all FBI agents?

Agent: That's right, everyone here is an FBI agent. Can you remember to bring the pizzas and sodas to the service entrance in the rear? We have the front doors locked.

Pizza man: I don't think so.
Click.

Nice work everyone, and props to Vadron (wherever he is) for coming up with this puzzle. And now, I'm going to go order a pizza.

Post Number: 2677
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh that's right, FBI agents, not police officers...and yes, Snopes is where I heard it before. LOL, I couldn't remember it quite correctly, but at least I got the general idea. Pizza would be great! Chicken and artichoke for me, please. :-D

Post Number: 2679
Posted on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

http://www.snopes.com/medical/asylum/fbipizza.asp Here it is. And with a happy ending...they DID get their pizzas after all! (but they had to pick them up. *sigh*)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: