[GalFisk] They're nuts Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - July 2010 » [GalFisk] They're nuts « Previous Next »

Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 2150
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 11:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they do that to everyone, or am I doing something special to piss them off?
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)
Username: Ohlala8

Post Number: 611
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are "they" people? HAmixed? Objects? Computer programs? They=them? I=you (galfisk)? Is what they do to you annoying? time-wasting? expensive? inconvenient? Is this relevant to your job? family? friends? leisure activities?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2163
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 3:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are "they" people? HAmixed? Objects? Computer programs? No to all. They=them? Yes. I=you (galfisk)? Yes. Is what they do to you annoying? A little. time-wasting? expensive? inconvenient? No to the rest. Is this relevant to your job?Noish. family? friends? No to these. leisure activities? This.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 620
Posted on Thursday, June 24, 2010 - 10:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"they": alive? animals? something intangible?

The leisure activity: since the skydiving thing has already come up once today... something to do with skydiving?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2176
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 7:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"they": alive? animals? This. something intangible?

The leisure activity: since the skydiving thing has already come up once today... something to do with skydiving? Not this time ;-)
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 824
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they insects? birds? mammals? reptiles? amphibians?

"do that" = something annoying/aggravating?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2183
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they insects? birds? This. mammals? reptiles? amphibians?

"do that" = something annoying/aggravating? Yes.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 624
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any specific kind of birds? Is it related to making noise? Bird poop? Getting in your way? Touching you at all? Dropping something on or near you? Building nests? Eating something? Molting?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2190
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any specific kind of birds? Yes. Is it related to making noise? Yes. Bird poop? Sometimes. Getting in your way? Noish. Touching you at all? Dropping something on or near you? Only near, fortunately. Building nests? Eating something? Molting? No to the rest.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 626
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the birds pigeons? Sparrows? Songbirds of some kind? Birds of prey? Owls? Woodpeckers?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2193
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the birds pigeons? Sparrows? Songbirds of some kind? Birds of prey? Owls? Woodpeckers? Neither.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 631
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some kind of flightless bird? Geese? Swans? Ducks? Crows? Marsh birds?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2195
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some kind of flightless bird? Geese? Swans? Ducks? Crows? Marsh birds? No to all.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 634
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Someone's pet bird(s)? Something you'd find in a zoo? Ravens? A bird to be found in your average forest? I'm running out of ideas here.
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 635
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seagulls?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2196
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seagulls? Yes!
Ohlala8 (Ohlala8)

Post Number: 637
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phew, I was getting worried there. Clearly, I don't spend much time anywhere near the sea.

So now, is your leisure activity something that you do on a beach? Some kind of water sport? That the seagulls interfere with? Or just make somewhat less enjoyable?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2198
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So now, is your leisure activity something that you do on a beach? No, but near it.Some kind of water sport? No. That the seagulls interfere with? Or just make somewhat less enjoyable? This.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 1379
Posted on Friday, June 25, 2010 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you picnic near the beach? And the seagulls eat your food? Or just taunt you until you feed them?
Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 4579
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 2:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have said for years that the sound of the seagulls is 'my' sound (I do love it), and after I'm gone I'm gonna come back as one and poop on you. Funny, you think you know someone - and then they tell you this.... :P
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2203
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you picnic near the beach? And the seagulls eat your food? Or just taunt you until you feed them? No to all.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3122
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Possible solution emailed.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2313
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 8:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Possible solution incorrect - a car is not involved, and the seagulls don't actually crap on anything of mine, fortunately.
Hint: I have reason to believe (but no proof) that I am doing something special to piss them off, something most other people partaking in the same activity are not doing.
Lynne: I hope you have as bad aim as "my" birds ;-)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 1467
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 9:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is seagull poo relevant? Are you alone? Are you eating something? Just walking? Do you have any relevant equipment with you? Are you in a park?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2324
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is seagull poo relevant? It is involved sometimes. Are you alone? Sometimes. Are you eating something? Just walking? This. The activity is simply taking a walk during the lunch hour. Do you have any relevant equipment with you? Yes, for SVV of "equipment". Are you in a park? Assume yes.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 1495
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you carrying something while walking? Your lunch? If so, is it in a lunchbox? Brown paper bag? Do the seagulls fly around you while you walk? Honk (or whatever noise seagulls make) at you? Try to steal your lunch?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2329
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 - 11:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you carrying something while walking? Not carrying, but... Your lunch? If so, is it in a lunchbox? Brown paper bag? No to all. Do the seagulls fly around you while you walk? Honk (or whatever noise seagulls make) at you? Yes to both! They also swoop low over my head, and poop (they don't aim the poop at me though) - all in all they seem to not like me very much and to want me to go away. Try to steal your lunch? No.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 1501
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you pushing something? Holding something? Pulling? Lifting? Using a walking stick? Are you making a noise while walking? Is the "something" making noise?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2333
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you pushing something? Holding something? Pulling? Lifting? Using a walking stick? Are you making a noise while walking? Is the "something" making noise? No to all! Now what's left?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 1505
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it something you're wearing?
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 2338
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it something you're wearing? Yes!
***SPOILER***
I have long hair, and wear a buff pirate style to keep it out of my eyes. The head wear is black with white dots, and I suspect the seagulls see it as a dangerous bird or something.
I tried taking it off the other day when they were harassing me, and they did become less hostile after I hid it. My brother has the same head wear and has experienced the same thing.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 1512
Posted on Friday, July 02, 2010 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Great. Now you've made me want to try it. Nice puzzle though!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: