[Whirligig] The elusive ostrich Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Whirligig] The elusive ostrich « Previous Next »

Whirligig (Whirligig)
Username: Whirligig

Post Number: 167
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It might be possible to get an ostrich. However, in the history of the world, nobody has, for two reasons. One, there aren't a lot of places where it's possible to get one. And two, even when you do find a possible place, the ostrich is nearly impossible to obtain. If you try to get an ostrich, you might end up with a condor instead, but that has only happened to four people. You'll likely end up much worse.

Also, not many people even know what an ostrich is. If you got one, people would likely call it something else.

What is an ostrich?

Email for early $poilers, please. You might be one of the people who has heard of an ostrich.
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1820
Posted on Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 11:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please tell me this has nothing to do with golf.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 170
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Uh, about that ...
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 3560
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So an ostrich is related to golf? Is it 4 under par? 5 under par? Is it that there are very few par-6 holes in the world? Is the condor 4 under par? 5 under par? (And no, I've never heard of this before - just guessing.)
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 171
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So an ostrich is related to golf? Is it 4 under par? 5 under par? yes Is it that there are very few par-6 holes in the world? yes ... Is the condor 4 under par? *sigh* yes ... 5 under par? (And no, I've never heard of this before - just guessing.)

**********SPOILER**********

I knew it might be a bad idea to do a spin-off of Balin's puzzle ...

:P
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 3564
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 2:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's OK, we all have quickie puzzles. And I learned something new, if that's any consolation.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 938
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2010 - 8:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Seems kind of odd to call the best possible score (or better) an ostrich. A condor has an impressive wingspan and soars. But an ostrich just sticks its head in the sand and can't fly. An ostrich sounds like it should be when you took five strokes OVER par, due to getting stuck in a sand trap.
Lordofthegeeks1000 (Lordofthegeeks1000)
Username: Lordofthegeeks1000

Post Number: 30
Posted on Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wonder who came up with using bird names for golf, anyway...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: