[Whirligig] House of Software Horrors... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Whirligig] House of Software Horrors: A Lateral Adventure « Previous Next »

Whirligig (Whirligig)
Username: Whirligig

Post Number: 183
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is my second Lateral Adventure. I can't say how challenging it will be compared to my previous one. Keep in mind (I'm talking to you, Balin) that like my previous LA, a lot of the topics involved might be new to you, so Google is allowed and encouraged. Good luck!

You dizzily wake up. No, you're not in a bed. That was the last puzzle. Your simulator is working great now. But this isn't it.

You're on the floor of a large entrance hall of a house. A chandelier hangs from the ceiling, and the floor is covered in red carpeting. There is a large grand piano in the room. There is also a man in the center of the room, yelling the word "Developers!" over and over.

There are three doors: a black one to the west, a plain one to the north, and one on the eastern wall that's half red and half yellow.

On the piano, gold lettering reads "FLAT ZONE KEY."

You sigh. Guess it's time for more puzzle-solving.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 3953
Posted on Monday, September 06, 2010 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go over and talk to the man. Can he say anything coherent other than "developers"? If so, talk to him.

Check all the doors. Are any of them locked?

Look at the chandelier. Does it stand out in any way?

The carpeting - can any part of it be lifted?

FLAT ZONE KEY - key signatures, perhaps? What's the one with 7 flats...Bb? Eb? Try pressing a Bb or Eb on the piano.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 184
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go over and talk to the man. Can he say anything coherent other than "developers"? If so, talk to him. No, he appears very occupied.

Check all the doors. Are any of them locked? The black and red/yellow one. The plain one isn't.

Look at the chandelier. Does it stand out in any way? Nope.

The carpeting - can any part of it be lifted? Nope.

FLAT ZONE KEY - key signatures, perhaps? What's the one with 7 flats...Bb? Eb? Try pressing a Bb or Eb on the piano. Neither one works. You're about half OTRT and half OTWT.
La_sparky (La_sparky)
Username: La_sparky

Post Number: 100
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look inside the piano. Is there anything unusual about it?

Is there anything interesting on the walls of the room?

Is there anything you can hear other than the man shouting developers?

Open the plain door, don't go though it just yet, but look to see what you can on the other side
Footballflirt (Footballflirt)
Username: Footballflirt

Post Number: 1
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 1:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the man wearing anything significant?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 186
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 1:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look inside the piano. Is there anything unusual about it? There's some sort of panel on the bottom, but you can't do anything with it.

Is there anything interesting on the walls of the room? Other than the doors, no.

Is there anything you can hear other than the man shouting developers? No. Well, your breathing, etc.

Open the plain door, don't go though it just yet, but look to see what you can on the other side It appears to be a small bathroom with a sink and toilet. There is also a small closet. The floor is covered in yellow tile.

Is the man wearing anything significant? He is wearing a light blue dress shirt with large sweat stains on it. Eww.

Oh, and of course, he's wearing pants. (Just so nobody asks.)

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you look inside the man's pockets?
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go into the bathroom and open up the small closet, describe the contents.

is there a mirror?

Look at the ceiling to check for anything unusual.

Go back to the piano and play each note once, watch the man for any unsual reaction.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 187
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you look inside the man's pockets? No, because he's not just yelling; he's dancing and clapping. What the ... ?

Go into the bathroom and open up the small closet, describe the contents. Several pieces of PVC cut in half lengthwise. The back wall says "ENIGMO."

is there a mirror? Yes. Nothing unusual about it.

Look at the ceiling to check for anything unusual. Nothing.

Go back to the piano and play each note once, watch the man for any unsual reaction. After playing about two notes, the man yells at you. "Hey! You're not just using brute force, are you? That's cheating! CHEATING! You need to find the right note! The right developers! Developers! Developers, developers, developers, DEVELOPERS!"
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 102
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

go to the piano and play this chord: e, g, b, d, f sharp.
once again watch for a reaction.

Look at the top of the closet and feel the tops of any shelves. Are there any openings that liquid could come out of?

is there anything on the floor of the closet or any opening?

Is the man clapping in any particular rhythm?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3954
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check inside the toilet and toilet tank for anything unusual. Also turn on the water to the sink - does normal water come out? Or something odd? Might as well flush the toiler and see if everything's up to code.

Don't forget to look behind the closet, sink, and toilet as well. Can the mirror be removed? Or smashed (don't smash it though)?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 188
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

go to the piano and play this chord: e, g, b, d, f sharp.
once again watch for a reaction. Nothing happens.

Look at the top of the closet and feel the tops of any shelves. Are there any openings that liquid could come out of? No.

is there anything on the floor of the closet or any opening? Nope.

Is the man clapping in any particular rhythm? Not especially. He's shouting "de-VE-lop-ers" in a rhythm of sixteenth notes, clapping on each beat.

Check inside the toilet and toilet tank for anything unusual. On the toilet lid it says "0." Also turn on the water to the sink - does normal water come out? This. Or something odd? Might as well flush the toiler and see if everything's up to code. The toilet won't flush. In fact, it's completely dry. Hmm ...

Don't forget to look behind the closet, sink, and toilet as well. Nothing important. Can the mirror be removed? Or smashed (don't smash it though)? The mirror is unimportant.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3956
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

de-VE-lop-ers, eh? I'm wondering if there are any developers out there which correspond to notes on a piano. Maybe computer languages...?

Oh, and are the pieces of PVC obtainable? Or fixed in place?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 4:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

de-VE-lop-ers, eh? I'm wondering if there are any developers out there which correspond to notes on a piano. Maybe computer languages...? C and C#, but those don't work. Instead of trying the others, I'll tell you that the key here (no pun intended) is Flat Zone Key.

Oh, and are the pieces of PVC obtainable? This. Or fixed in place?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 3962
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 12:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All right, take the PVC pieces. I'd say to try more things, but I've got to go to class.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3176
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the PVC pieces pieces of pipe (now half pipe)? Try rubbing them with your hand, or against your clothing, is static electricity generated?
Join the man in the clapping, dancing and shouting - does he react? What if you do it out of rhythm?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All right, take the PVC pieces. I'd say to try more things, but I've got to go to class. Done.

Are the PVC pieces pieces of pipe (now half pipe)? Exactly. Try rubbing them with your hand, or against your clothing, is static electricity generated? Some, but not much.
Join the man in the clapping, dancing and shouting - does he react? What if you do it out of rhythm? Nothing interesting happens.

HINT: Google is your friend!
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 103
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check to see if the toilet pipes are connected to the wall. Are any of them missing?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 192
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 12:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check to see if the toilet pipes are connected to the wall. Are any of them missing? There are no pipes at all, apparently. The toilet is pretty much just an empty container of water.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4022
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 1:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*groan*

FLAT ZONE KEY...might this mean the Flat Zone as in the unlockable Super Smash Bros Melee stage?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 193
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 2:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*groan*

FLAT ZONE KEY...might this mean the Flat Zone as in the unlockable Super Smash Bros Melee stage? Yes, you're completely OTRT now.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4029
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 2:10 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So maybe we need to play the Flat Zone music on the piano, in the correct key? Try that. Try Flat Zone 2 as well, while you're at it.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 194
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 2:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So maybe we need to play the Flat Zone music on the piano, in the correct key? Try that. Try Flat Zone 2 as well, while you're at it. I don't think that's necessary. It seems you have you play the note corresponding to the key the song is in.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4030
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 2:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...and Google is uncooperative. And I don't want the man to yell at us again, so by YouTube and by ear (which is NOT perfect pitch), I'd guess...B? Maybe D? (since C and C# didn't work)

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The chord played early by La Sparky was the first chord in flat zone super mario brothers since we already had that figured out.

So go to the piano and play C

Post Number: 4
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

But Im really no good at the piano so that could be totally wrong
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 105
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

how about play g

(and ya that was the chord I was able to find, but I'm also pretty sure it was for flat zone 2)
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 196
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

None of these ideas work, and I get the feeling that this is harder than I thought. So I'm just going to tell you that the answer is a vowel. 50/50 chance. :P
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 1858
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just been to the relevant You Tube video, and I promise that the music starts off in the key of E. It modulates later. :-)
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 197
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 11:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've just been to the relevant You Tube video, and I promise that the music starts off in the key of E. It modulates later. :-) It starts in E minor, then has a section in what might be C minor, then a section without much of a discernible key, then back to E minor, then back to no specific key. At least I think so. Anyway, you play E and the panel on the bottom opens, revealing a red key.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 106
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check to see if the key fitsw in any of the doors, if it does open the relevant door and describe what you see inside.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 198
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check to see if the key fitsw in any of the doors, if it does open the relevant door and describe what you see inside. It fits in the red/yellow door, but the door doesn't open. There are two locks.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4078
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the dancing, clapping man. Has anything changed? Or is he still chanting "de-VE-lop-ers"? Try giving him the PVC pipe...does that accomplish anything?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 200
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go back to the dancing, clapping man. Has anything changed? Or is he still chanting "de-VE-lop-ers"? Try giving him the PVC pipe...does that accomplish anything? He's still doing the same thing. When you attempt to give him the PVC pipe, he shouts "Hey! I don't need that! You need to use it! Look for the word in the closet! Look for the developers! Developers! ..."
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4083
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All right, look in the closet...oh, wait, the word in the closet was ENIGMO, right? Enigmo a game DEVELOPED by Pangea Software, so...say "Pangea" to the man.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4084
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, BTW, I was walking back to my dorm earlier thinking about the LTPF and I found myself chanting "de-VE-lop-ers" over and over. That's what this forum has done to me... ;-D
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 202
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All right, look in the closet...oh, wait, the word in the closet was ENIGMO, right? Enigmo a game DEVELOPED by Pangea Software, so...say "Pangea" to the man. He says "That's it! But you don't need that right now! You need to play! You need developers! Developers!"

It's getting tough to make sense of this guy.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4086
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, if we need to play the game, we may need an iPhone or something.

There was a "0" in the toilet bowl, right? Can you stick your hand down the pipe and see if there's anything there? (Roll up your sleeves first....it's gonna get wet.)
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 205
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, if we need to play the game, we may need an iPhone or something.

There was a "0" in the toilet bowl, right? Can you stick your hand down the pipe and see if there's anything there? (Roll up your sleeves first....it's gonna get wet.) Nothing. And you're completely dry. Remember, the toilet is empty.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4088
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pangaea (sounds close) is the name for the supercontinent that became our seven continents, so...maybe we need to find a globe? Or a map?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 207
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 1:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pangaea (sounds close) is the name for the supercontinent that became our seven continents, so...maybe we need to find a globe? Or a map? You're OTWT here. Play the game! (BTW, I lost The Game.)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4098
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 4:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crap, so did I.

Oh, we need to play Enigmo...great. It involves liquids bouncing around the walls of a mechanism (yes, that line is straight from Wikipedia), so...maybe the toilet? The sink?

Post Number: 5
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there any pipes missing under the sink?

Turn the faucet on the sink. What comes out?

Is the PVC pipe able to reach from the sink to the toilet?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 209
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 10:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Crap, so did I.

Oh, we need to play Enigmo...great. It involves liquids bouncing around the walls of a mechanism (yes, that line is straight from Wikipedia), so...maybe the toilet? The sink? Hmm ...

Is there any pipes missing under the sink? No.

Turn the faucet on the sink. What comes out? Water. See my 188th post.

Is the PVC pipe able to reach from the sink to the toilet? Yes. As water runs into the toilet, the "0" changes, continually increasing. When it reaches 50, a yellow key comes out of the faucet.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4206
Posted on Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 11:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the yellow key and unlock the red/yellow door with it. That should open the door and let us see what's inside this room - take a look inside. Before you do, though, see if the dancing, chanting guy is still doing his thing.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 216
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 2:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the yellow key and unlock the red/yellow door with it. That should open the door and let us see what's inside this room - take a look inside. Before you do, though, see if the dancing, chanting guy is still doing his thing. He is.

The new room is a kitchen, with a green tile floor. There's a sink, dishwasher, counter, microwave, and cabinet. There's a note on the counter. There are two doors as well; one on the north wall that's half green and half blue, and one on the south wall that's plain.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4222
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 2:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are either of these two doors locked? Does the blue/green door have two locks?

Oben up the cabinet - anything inside? Ditto with the microwave and dishwasher. Anything in the sink as well? Does it work? Do the microwave and/or dishwasher work?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 218
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 2:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are either of these two doors locked? Does the blue/green door have two locks? Yes, and yes. The other door is unlocked.

Oben up the cabinet - anything inside? Food. It's a pantry. Ditto with the microwave and dishwasher. Nothing in the microwave, and dishes in the dishwasher. Anything in the sink as well? No. Does it work? Do the microwave and/or dishwasher work? They all work.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4225
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 2:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Move some of the food around - anything on the back wall and/or floor of the cabinet? In fact, take the food out and put it on the counter.

Also, check out the room behind the plain door - see what's in here.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 220
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Move some of the food around - anything on the back wall and/or floor of the cabinet? In fact, take the food out and put it on the counter. Nothing else there.

Also, check out the room behind the plain door - see what's in here. A staircase leading down.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4230
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 1:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...anything written on/inside the microwave and/or dishwasher? On the dishes in the dishwasher?

Head downstairs - where are we now?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 223
Posted on Friday, September 10, 2010 - 10:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...anything written on/inside the microwave and/or dishwasher? On the dishes in the dishwasher? Nope.

Head downstairs - where are we now? You're in a room with a blue carpet floor. There's a computer here as well.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 125
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 12:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there anything else on the walls? any doors?

Move the mouse on the computer, see if anything relevant is on the screen.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 1:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is there anything else on the walls? any doors? No.

Move the mouse on the computer, see if anything relevant is on the screen. There's a picture of what looks like the inside of a fireplace. Some kind of panel has been pulled down, and there are indentations on it. There is also a red button.

By the way, did I mention that you can still hear the guy from here? He must be really loud.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 126
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

umm, I am rather scared to do this but.....click the button?

if this causes imminent death I'm sorry everyone
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 225
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 1:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

umm, I am rather scared to do this but.....click the button?

if this causes imminent death I'm sorry everyone No need to worry.

The fireplace rotates around, revealing a red page, a blue page, and a green book. The cursor also has a white page on it, by the way.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 127
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do the pages have any writing on them? does the book have a title?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 226
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 1:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

do the pages have any writing on them? Yes, but you can't read it. does the book have a title? No.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 129
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 2:23 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you click any of the pages or on the book, does anything happen?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 228
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you click any of the pages or on the book, does anything happen? I'm preventing you from clicking on the pages because that would only make this a lot harder. Sorry.

The book opens to reveal a moving picture of a man writing at a desk.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 130
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can you see what he is writing? if you talk does he notice you are there or is it just a picture?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4288
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 3:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Red page, blue page, green book, white page...sounds like Myst again to me! Can we insert the white page into the green book?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 229
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can you see what he is writing? if you talk does he notice you are there or is it just a picture? He doesn't seem to notice.

Red page, blue page, green book, white page...sounds like Myst again to me! Can we insert the white page into the green book? No, you're getting things mixed up. It does look like you can click on the guy, though.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4306
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 6:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, click on the guy. Since the cursor has the white page on it, we should be able to give him the white page.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 232
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, click on the guy. Since the cursor has the white page on it, we should be able to give him the white page. Suddenly, the area with the man fills the entire screen, and a sound plays. The man accepts the page, and a blue key appears on the screen. Something seems odd about it, though ...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4309
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the blue key - I'm guessing it can be physically removed from the screen. That should fit one of the locks on the blue-green door.

Open up the food containers in the pantry. Do any of them have something that doesn't belong inside them?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 234
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the blue key - I'm guessing it can be physically removed from the screen. That should fit one of the locks on the blue-green door. You would be correct in these assumptions.

Open up the food containers in the pantry. Do any of them have something that doesn't belong inside them? Nope. Aren't you forgetting something obvious?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4315
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there anything other than food containers in the cabinet? And turn on the sink - does water come out of this?

And I probably am forgetting something obvious - I do that a lot.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 237
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there anything other than food containers in the cabinet? No. And turn on the sink - does water come out of this? Yes.

Try rereading the description of this room.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4316
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow...that wasn't just missing the obvious, that was missing the obvious after being forcibly turned to face it, and still missing it.

Read the note on the counter.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 239
Posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Read the note on the counter. It says:

MAMA'S SOUP
1/2 can of broth
1 cup of noodles
1/2 cup of carrots
1/4 cup of chicken
Heat for 372 seconds

If you need measuring cups, yell for some!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4321
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 2:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I NEED SOME MEASURING CUPS!"

372 seconds is 6 minutes and 12 seconds - I'm not sure how we'll have to input that in the microwave. Test it by pressing "140" on the microwave, and see if it times 140 seconds (2 min 20 sec) or 1 minute and 40 seconds.

And I'm assuming all the ingredients can be found in the food from the cabinet - is this correct?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 242
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 3:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I NEED SOME MEASURING CUPS!" Nothing happens. Maybe that's not what the note meant ...

372 seconds is 6 minutes and 12 seconds - I'm not sure how we'll have to input that in the microwave. Test it by pressing "140" on the microwave, and see if it times 140 seconds (2 min 20 sec) or 1 minute and 40 seconds. It says 1:40. It's minutes and seconds.

And I'm assuming all the ingredients can be found in the food from the cabinet - is this correct? Yes.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4328
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 4:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...

Go down and check the computer again. Is there anything more to do with that?

Look in the dishwasher for some measuring cups. Or go to the dancing guy and yell in his face for some measuring cups.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 245
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...

Go down and check the computer again. Is there anything more to do with that? No.

Look in the dishwasher for some measuring cups. None. Or go to the dancing guy and yell in his face for some measuring cups. "HEY! Why are you yelling at me?! You want measuring cups, you need to yell for some! For some developers! Developers! ..."
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4342
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 2:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random try: Yell out the names of a few film developers (CVS, Kodak, etc.) and see what happens.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 249
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 2:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Random try: Yell out the names of a few film developers (CVS, Kodak, etc.) and see what happens. Nothing. Ignore the "for some developers" part; it's not needed now.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4349
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yell into the dishwasher, the cabinet, and the sink for measuring cups. (I'm sure this is OTWT, but it's worth a shot.)
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yell into the dishwasher, the cabinet, and the sink for measuring cups. (I'm sure this is OTWT you would be correct, but it's worth a shot.) Nothing happens. Try looking at it another way ...
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 535
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yell: "MEA-sur-ing-cups" in rhythm of sixteenth notes, clapping on each beat. If that doesn't work, add jumping or dancing to the action.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 257
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yell: "MEA-sur-ing-cups" in rhythm of sixteenth notes, clapping on each beat. If that doesn't work, add jumping or dancing to the action. Copying the man does not seem to help.
Kaygee (Kaygee)

Post Number: 536
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open the packages of the items needed to make the soup. Are there any keys hiding there? Any other clues or objects in the packages?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 258
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Open the packages of the items needed to make the soup. Are there any keys hiding there? Any other clues or objects in the packages? Nope.

Yell for some!
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yell "for some! "
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 259
Posted on Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

yell "for some! " Two measuring cups appear. One says "23/35 cup," and the other says "311/420 cup." What the?
Kaygee (Kaygee)

Post Number: 538
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ick - fractions. Hopefully the little (emphasis on little) gray-matter can get this right! This may not be pretty - but it should work...(crossing fingers).

First, find some empty bowls.

Using the 311/420 cup, measure out 12 units of noodles. Then using the 23/35 cup, remove 12 units. That should leave us with one cup. (Uh-oh...do we need to cook these noodles first?)

Using the 311/420 cup, measure out 6 units of carrots. Then using the 23/35 cup, remove 6 units. That should leave us with 1/2 cup.

Using the 311/420 cup, measure out 3 units of chicken. Then using the 23/35 cup, remove 3 units. That should leave us with 1/4 cup.

But back to the earlier question...are these ingredients raw?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4356
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Assuming everything's raw, and the fraction additions/subtractions are correct, add the half-can of broth, combine everything in a microwave-safe bowl, and nuke for 6 minutes and 12 seconds.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 260
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 3:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, that's great, except the broth only comes in whole cans.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4366
Posted on Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, if the cans are cylindrical, we could tip it so that there's a perfectly straight-across line from corner to opposite corner (does that make sense? do you see what I'm trying to say?), and that would pour out exactly half a can. Pour it into the bowl though. And open the can first.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 262
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, if the cans are cylindrical, we could tip it so that there's a perfectly straight-across line from corner to opposite corner (does that make sense? do you see what I'm trying to say?), and that would pour out exactly half a can. Pour it into the bowl though. And open the can first. That works. After you take the soup out of the microwave, you see something green on the bottom.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4385
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Methinks that is a green key - take it, but use your shirt or something to protect your hands...I'll bet the soup is hot. Or just let the soup cool before taking the green key, and save your shirt from getting messy.

I'm guessing this is the 2nd key for the blue/green door - if so, open it up, and see where it leads.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 264
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Methinks that is a green key - take it, but use your shirt or something to protect your hands...I'll bet the soup is hot. Or just let the soup cool before taking the green key, and save your shirt from getting messy.

I'm guessing this is the 2nd key for the blue/green door - if so, open it up, and see where it leads. You get the green key and open the door. You're in another room with only a staircase, but this one leads up.

Post Number: 6
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go up the stairs and see what's in the room
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 267
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go up the stairs and see what's in the room A small hallway with three doors: plain ones to the left and right, and one ahead that's half orange and half purple.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4396
Posted on Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do any of the doors open? I'm guessing the orange/purple one has 2 locks...is this right?

If any of the doors open, where do they lead to?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4472
Posted on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, and is there anything else in the hallway?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 272
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 12:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do any of the doors open? The plain ones. I'm guessing the orange/purple one has 2 locks...is this right? Yes.

If any of the doors open, where do they lead to? One has an electric guitar hooked up to an amp and speakers, as well as a music stand and a hammer. The other has a car.

Oh, and is there anything else in the hallway? No.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4518
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the hammer. Do the car doors open? If not, smash a window with the hammer and get inside. See if there's anything in the car.

Is there any music on the music stand? If so, play it on the guitar.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 275
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the hammer. Do the car doors open? No. If not, smash a window with the hammer and get inside. See if there's anything in the car. A keychain, with a purple key on it.

Is there any music on the music stand? If so, play it on the guitar. An orange key falls on your head. Ouch.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4533
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the two keys and open the orange/purple door with them. Head through this door.

Am I correct in saying that we still don't know what's going on with crazy dancing guy back in the room with the chandelier, and that there's still a locked black door in dancing-guy room?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 276
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Take the two keys and open the orange/purple door with them. Head through this door. You enter a room with a large TV screen, six keyboards in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple, and a small, black box.

Am I correct in saying that we still don't know what's going on with crazy dancing guy back in the room with the chandelier, and that there's still a locked black door in dancing-guy room? Correct.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 165
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can you turn the tv on? if so, what appears?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 277
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

can you turn the tv on? if so, what appears? The TV screen is already on, and is showing six horizontal lines, one in each color.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 167
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 3:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

touch one of the keys on red and see if anything appears on the screen. is music playing in the background by the way?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4538
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 3:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What color order are the horizontal lines in?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 278
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

touch one of the keys on red and see if anything appears on the screen. The stuff you type appears on the red line. is music playing in the background by the way? No, but you can still hear the guy saying "Developers!"

What color order are the horizontal lines in? BLOOPER: The lines, and keyboards, are in the order Red-Yellow-Green-Blue-Orange-Purple.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4606
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 10:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try typing "red" on the red line, "yellow" on the next, and so on down. If that does not work, try "red" on the first, "orange" on the second, and so on. If that doesn't work, try typing "developers" on each line.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 281
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 11:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try typing "red" on the red line, "yellow" on the next, and so on down. If that does not work, try "red" on the first, "orange" on the second, and so on. If that doesn't work, try typing "developers" on each line. None of these work. Remember the man's words.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4612
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try typing "Minion" or "Minion Games" on each line.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 283
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try typing "Minion" or "Minion Games" on each line. Nothing happens. (Where did that come from?) You're OTRT, though. There's a correlation going on here.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4695
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 4:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask the dancing man about the order of the keyboards/lines, and see if you can get something coherent and relevant out of him.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 290
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 4:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ask the dancing man about the order of the keyboards/lines, and see if you can get something coherent and relevant out of him. "You need developers! That's what I've been telling you all along! Look in the rooms! Look for the developers! Developers!" etc.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4709
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ohhh...the colors of the keys match those of the keyboards, and we got each key in a different room (with a corresponding colored floor). Developers in the rooms though...not sure where to go from here.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 292
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 7:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remember the title. What do all of the puzzles have in common?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4720
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frankly, I have no idea what all the puzzles have in common...unless they all allude to video games in some way. Enigmo...maybe the last two were Guitar Hero and Grand Theft Auto or something...other than that thought, I'm stumped.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 293
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Frankly, I have no idea what all the puzzles have in common...unless they all allude to video games in some way. Enigmo...maybe the last two were Guitar Hero and Grand Theft Auto or something...other than that thought, I'm stumped. This is what I'm looking for. How do developers relate to video games?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4741
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 1:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, they create the games...

I'm also stumped on the kitchen - I know we've got Super Smash Bros Melee, Enigmo, Myst, Guitar Hero, and Grand Theft Auto, but I can't figure out the last game.

Perhaps we need to type in the developer's name on each line? Try "Pangea" on the yellow line, and I'm not sure of the other developers' names right now.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 294
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, they create the games...

I'm also stumped on the kitchen - I know we've got Super Smash Bros Melee, Enigmo, Myst, Guitar Hero, and Grand Theft Auto, but I can't figure out the last game.

Perhaps we need to type in the developer's name on each line? Try "Pangea" on the yellow line, and I'm not sure of the other developers' names right now. A tone plays once you enter Pangea. That seemed to work.

As far as the kitchen, look again at the note, and try to think of games where cooking is involved.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4796
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 3:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, the only cooking game I could find is Cooking Mama, which seems to fit ("Mama's Soup"), so...

Type "HAL Laboratory" on the red line, "Cooking Mama Limited" (or "Office Create") on the green, "Cyan Worlds" on the blue, "Harmonix" (or "Neversoft", or "Vicarious Visions") on the orange, and "Rockstar Games" on the purple. That should be everything.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 297
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, the only cooking game I could find is Cooking Mama, which seems to fit ("Mama's Soup"), so...

Type "HAL Laboratory" on the red line, "Cooking Mama Limited" (or "Office Create") on the green, "Cyan Worlds" on the blue, "Harmonix" (or "Neversoft", or "Vicarious Visions") on the orange, and "Rockstar Games" on the purple. That should be everything. The black box opens, revealing a black key.
La_sparky (La_sparky)

Post Number: 188
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

take the key, go back to the first room, open the black door, and go through. Describe your surroundings.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 300
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

take the key, go back to the first room, open the black door, and go through. Describe your surroundings. You are now in a small room. There is nothing here but a chair.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4890
Posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 10:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at and under the chair. Is there anything there? If so, take it.

Sit down in the chair. Does anything happen?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 301
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look at and under the chair. Is there anything there? If so, take it. Nothing.

Sit down in the chair. Does anything happen? You suddenly feel drowsy. Odd ...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4915
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 1:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stand up again. Or are we passing out?

If possible, head back to the piano room, and see what the dancing man is doing.

Then sit in the black room chair until you pass out.
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 304
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Stand up again. Or are we passing out? No you're fine.

If possible, head back to the piano room, and see what the dancing man is doing. Still the same.

Then sit in the black room chair until you pass out. You close your eyes and hear the man yelling. You hear techno music in the background. The man yells "I LOVE THIS COMPANY!" Then, there is a sudden silence. You look up.

You're at your computer, with Ubuntu open and Firefox showing the end of a video open: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6h3f_bfYU. You don't know how you managed to fall asleep while the video was playing. But boy, that was a strange dream.

**********SPOILER**********
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4924
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 3:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good one!!

Of course, I was obligated to watch the video - try reciting "de-VE-lop-ers" 2 billion times fast. Tongue twister, ain't it? =)

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: