[Balin] Neither a borrower nor a lend... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Balin] Neither a borrower nor a lender be « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 4597
Posted on Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 9:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In this case, Proverbs was wrong!

Proverbs = the book of the Bible, and no, this is not intended to be a commentary or debate on religion. It's actually a pretty silly puzzle.
La_sparky (La_sparky)
Username: La_sparky

Post Number: 174
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

particular verse relevant? if so, is it worth asking through on chapter numbers? or should we go about figuring out a different way?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4616
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

particular verse relevant? Yes if so, is it worth asking through on chapter numbers? Yope or should we go about figuring out a different way? I'll make it the easiest way and tell you - Proverbs 17:8.
La_sparky (La_sparky)
Username: La_sparky

Post Number: 176
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 4:49 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Proverbs 17:8-A bribe is a charm to the one who gives it; wherever he turns, he succeeds

hmm, a particular bribe relevant? did you try to bribe someone? someone try to bribe you? FYOI?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4632
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 1:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hmm, a particular bribe relevant? Yes, but recall - this is a slightly silly puzzle. did you try to bribe someone? someone try to bribe you? This FYOI? no, true story
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 227
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 11:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, did someone have tried to bribe you, but it turned out that this was a bad decision for the briber? Did the bribe involve money? Other material advantage? Was the 'bribe' what most of us will call a criminal offence, or was more of a funny thing ('If you let me do it, I'll give you my sandwich')?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4701
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 1:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, did someone have tried to bribe you, Yes but it turned out that this was a bad decision for the briber? Noish Did the bribe involve money? No Other material advantage? Material, yes. Advantage, no. Was the 'bribe' what most of us will call a criminal offence, or was more of a funny thing ('If you let me do it, I'll give you my sandwich')? More of a funny thing, but if it involved money, it likely would have been a criminal offense.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4702
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Already a BLOOPER: "So, did someone have tried to bribe you" should be a Yes (tiny ish).
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3669
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was money offered? Something else? Was the briber a friend? relation? acquaintance? enemy? HAM? Relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4705
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 2:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was money offered? No Something else? Yes Was the briber a friend? relation? acquaintance? enemy? None of these HAM? H, my age, F Relevant? That she is my age, yes. The puzzle would work just fine if the briber were male.

Oh, and this is a slightly silly scenario.
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3677
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 4:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she a classmate? Coworker? Is what was offered of monetary value? Tangible?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 230
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 6:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can we call her Lucy? If so, did Lucy expect that,in exchange for the 'bribe' you would: do something for her? do something she had to do? refrain from doing something?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4727
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Meant to post this about 11 hours ago, but either my computer or the server was having problems, and I got busy with other things. Sorry.

Is she a classmate? Yes, but I don't know her personally Coworker? So no Is what was offered of monetary value? Not really Tangible? Yes

Can we call her Lucy? Sure If so, did Lucy expect that,in exchange for the 'bribe' you would: do something for her? This, svv of "for." And I'm not sure she'd expect it, but she'd certainly hope for it. do something she had to do? refrain from doing something? No to these
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 238
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The item that Lucy gave you: were you expected to use it for that particular action, or was it unrelated? Can we buy the object at a regular store or was it a unique item (a drawing made by herself, for example)? By simply handing you the item, was it clear to you that a 'bribe' was intended, or there were words spoken? The action that she hoped you would do, was it: illegal? harmful to you? about to put you in an awkward position? Did you do it?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4747
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 1:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The item that Lucy gave you: were you expected to use it for that particular action, or was it unrelated? It was unrelated Can we buy the object at a regular store This or was it a unique item (a drawing made by herself, for example)? By simply handing you the item, FA was it clear to you that a 'bribe' was intended, Yes or there were words spoken? No The action that she hoped you would do, was it: illegal? Not on its own, but if a bribe (as in, with money) had been involved, it would have been. harmful to you? about to put you in an awkward position? Neither Did you do it? Noish
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 243
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 2:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Discovering what the object was exactly would lead us more quickly to the solution? If so, its size was smaller than a golf ball? a soccer ball? a TV set? a chair? Was it an object of everyday use? Was it writing tool?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4752
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 4:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Discovering what the object was exactly would lead us more quickly to the solution? Possibly, but not likely If so, its size was smaller than a golf ball? a soccer ball? a TV set? a chair? Smaller than all of these Was it an object of everyday use? Yesish Was it writing tool? No
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 246
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The action that you were supposed to do benefit Lucy in some way? If so: financially? Time saving? Better grades? Esteem amongst fellow colleagues? If the 'bribe' was not present, would you have done it? I am circling around, right?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4764
Posted on Monday, September 20, 2010 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The action that you were supposed to do benefit Lucy in some way? Yes If so: financially? Time saving? Better grades? Esteem amongst fellow colleagues? Yope to this, no to rest If the 'bribe' was not present, would you have done it? No...(possible FA) I am circling around, right? Yes, but getting a little bit closer
Superman (Superman)
Username: Superman

Post Number: 663
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 6:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the action constituting the "bribe" merely showing you the object?

You say that knowing what the object was would most likely lead us no closer to the solution. Is that because the suggestion that the object was supposed to conjure in your mind was known only to you?

My first thoughts running through the puzzle were that she was being promiscuous, hoping that you would sleep with her/that she would attract your attention. This scenario would satisfy the requirement that offering money would make the "bribe" criminal ... but it seems like we're trying to find a distinct object here, rather than something more abstract, like her body. Plus that seems a little too "serious"... and most objects that would qualify under that scenario, if we knew what they were, would lead us to the solution quickly. Am I at least warmer?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4803
Posted on Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 12:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the action constituting the "bribe" merely showing you the object? Yope

You say that knowing what the object was would most likely lead us no closer to the solution. Is that because the suggestion that the object was supposed to conjure in your mind was known only to you? No

My first thoughts running through the puzzle were that she was being promiscuous, hoping that you would sleep with her/that she would attract your attention. This ain't it. This scenario would satisfy the requirement that offering money would make the "bribe" criminal ... but it seems like we're trying to find a distinct object here, rather than something more abstract, like her body. Right Plus that seems a little too "serious"... and most objects that would qualify under that scenario, if we knew what they were, would lead us to the solution quickly. Also true - this is not a serious puzzle. Am I at least warmer? Sort of. A couple of HINTS: The object had nothing to do with the action performed, and remember, I'm in college. What would a "bribe" look like to a college student (or a student at any level)?

Nice to see you around again, by the way!
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 334
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's try to warm this up since it seems I am in the mood for latteral thinking, my wife having flown 5 hours ago to a foreign country and ending up in another one :=)

From your last hint, a bribe for a college student, but which isn't money: a drink? a higher grade? a kiss? an insignia? Random thought: is this something peculiar to American college systems, or do you think it's more or less universal?

Line of questioning #2: The 'bribe' (I first mispelled this as bride, but I figure that is not relevant) was shown physically to you? A picture of it has been presented? You said that the object was smaller than a golf ball... was it a ring? Romance (even fictional) involved? Are you the genius of the school in some area or the best player of {soccer | chess | bridge |whatever else that I don't know how to play but which makes a good impression} and by doing what she wanted to be associated with / would have associated her with your fame / position?

Line #3 of questioning: the object in question, is it something common that we can find in nearly all households? Something that you needed? Appeared to need? Something she might think it will please you?

Line #4 (and last): You said that it was obvious from the object itself -- although it was unrelated -- that it was a bribe. That was because: some background information you had? The fact that the girl didn't have the habit of giving 'presents' to colleagues? Wild guess: are the circumstances of the bribing relevant? Was it at a party? During a game? In a play?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4961
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 7:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Let's try to warm this up since it seems I am in the mood for latteral thinking, my wife having flown 5 hours ago to a foreign country and ending up in another one :=) Wow - how did that happen? Wait, don't tell me; it might make a great lateral puzzle.

From your last hint, a bribe for a college student, but which isn't money: a drink? a higher grade? a kiss? an insignia? None of these Random thought: is this something peculiar to American college systems, or do you think it's more or less universal? Probably universal

Line of questioning #2: The 'bribe' (I first mispelled this as bride, but I figure that is not relevant) was shown physically to you? Yes, svv of "shown" A picture of it has been presented? No, it was the actual item You said that the object was smaller than a golf ball... was it a ring? No Romance (even fictional) involved? No Are you the genius of the school in some area or the best player of {soccer | chess | bridge |whatever else that I don't know how to play but which makes a good impression} and by doing what she wanted to be associated with / would have associated her with your fame / position? No. HINT: She offered the "bribe" to a lot of people, not just me. And not just to guys, either.

Line #3 of questioning: the object in question, is it something common that we can find in nearly all households? Yes Something that you needed? No Appeared to need? No Something she might think it will please you? Yes

Line #4 (and last): You said that it was obvious from the object itself -- although it was unrelated -- that it was a bribe. Yes That was because: some background information you had? Yesish The fact that the girl didn't have the habit of giving 'presents' to colleagues? Unknown and irrel Wild guess: are the circumstances of the bribing relevant? YES! Was it at a party? During a game? In a play? None of these though
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 338
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow - how did that happen? Wait, don't tell me; it might make a great lateral puzzle. No lateral puzzle whatsoever. She was bound for Paris and now she is in Charleroi. I mocked the French strike in the morning and I've been punished

Was she staging a contest? "For this beautiful <thing-to-be-discovered> I'll let you do my homework". Any contest involved at all? Auction?
Was it happening on the school premises or under the school administration supervision? The 'bribe' object -- is it helpful to find what it is or we just assume it is a small object, like a candy, use to 'bribe' someone?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4968
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow - how did that happen? Wait, don't tell me; it might make a great lateral puzzle. No lateral puzzle whatsoever. She was bound for Paris and now she is in Charleroi. I mocked the French strike in the morning and I've been punished Didn't know about the French strike till just now. I hope your wife's OK.

Was she staging a contest? "For this beautiful <thing-to-be-discovered> I'll let you do my homework". No Any contest involved at all? No, but... Auction? No
Was it happening on the school premises Yes or under the school administration supervision? Not really The 'bribe' object -- is it helpful to find what it is or we just assume it is a small object, like a candy, use to 'bribe' someone? You can assume it's candy all you want, because it is in fact candy. Nice jump!
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 340
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Didn't know about the French strike till just now. I hope your wife's OK. Well, I think she is now crossing the border with France, so she should be in a few hours. Time for me to laterally think about puzzles and literraly drink a beer

So, not a formal contest, correct? But she did offer the candy to more than one person, right? Was it her birthday? Anniversary?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4987
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So, not a formal contest, correct? Well, you could say it was, but it would be vvv (very vague values) of "contest." But she did offer the candy to more than one person, right? Yes Was it her birthday? Anniversary? Neither

HINT: In the real world, why are a lot of, if not a majority of, bribes given?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 108
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mmm...because someone wants someone else to do something for them? Or to hide something that they did wrong?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5004
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mmm...because someone wants someone else to do something for them? This, but what exactly? Or to hide something that they did wrong?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 357
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I am in no position in finding out what a girl in college might want in exchange for a candy, let's try to narrow it down: was it related to entertainment? to actual school classes? would you do it without the candy? with the candy? with a Ferrari? do you think I would do it? for a candy, for money or for said Ferrari? You said 'noish' to doing it: was because you didn't like the candy? the girl? the action? was someone quicker?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5012
Posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since I am in no position in finding out what a girl in college might want in exchange for a candy, let's try to narrow it down: was it related to entertainment? to actual school classes? Neither would you do it without the candy? with the candy? with a Ferrari? HINT: I didn't do it because I couldn't do it. do you think I would do it? In my scenario, maybe - I'm not sure for a candy, for money or for said Ferrari? Possibly You said 'noish' to doing it: Should have been more of a No, my BLOOPER was because you didn't like the candy? the girl? the action? was someone quicker? None of these, but the last one is slightly OTRT
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 367
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 1:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You couldn't do it... Someone else could? Did? Was it frustrating for you that you couldn't? Some physical aptitudes required? ("I wish I could, for the sake of that wonderful candy, but one ton is too much for me") Or some mental ones? ("For the same candy, I can compute this Capablanca vs Alekhin position up to 15 moves in advance").
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5027
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 1:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You couldn't do it... Someone else could? Yes, but that's not why I couldn't. Did? Ditto, but OTRT Was it frustrating for you that you couldn't? No, because... Some physical aptitudes required? ("I wish I could, for the sake of that wonderful candy, but one ton is too much for me") Or some mental ones? ("For the same candy, I can compute this Capablanca vs Alekhin position up to 15 moves in advance"). Neither, really. More mental than physical though
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5108
Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 8:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP: A girl at my college, whom I do not know, offered me (and a bunch of other people) a "bribe" consisting of candy, in the hopes that I would do something for her. I did not do the thing. It was neither a physical nor mental task (maybe slightly mental), other people could do the task, and if a guy had made the offer, the puzzle would remain intact.

HINT: I could not do the action more than once.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 2533
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 4:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the "thing" that you did not do require you to speak? Sing? Make any noise at all? Make a facial expression? Make a specific motion with you hand or hands? Do something with your fingers?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5196
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the "thing" that you did not do require you to speak? No Sing? No Make any noise at all? No Make a facial expression? No Make a specific motion with you hand or hands? Yope Do something with your fingers? Yes

HINT: I needed to use the computer to do this, and only used the mouse; however, when this is usually done, you don't normally need a computer (though it is possible. Think along the lines of "something that can't be done more than once" outside of a scholarly setting, as well.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2535
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Can't be done" as in physically impossible to do more than once? Or not possible because as soon as its done it sets other things into motion that can't be reversed? Or maybe because there is no need to do it again (an example of this would be introducing yourself to someone - sure you can do it twice, but from the 2nd time on it would be viewed as odd or maybe annoying)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5199
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 4:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Can't be done" as in physically impossible to do more than once? Or not possible because as soon as its done it sets other things into motion that can't be reversed? Or maybe because there is no need to do it again (an example of this would be introducing yourself to someone - sure you can do it twice, but from the 2nd time on it would be viewed as odd or maybe annoying) Sort of none of these. HINT: If I did this twice, I would have broken the law; however, in this setting, there were preventative measures so I could not do it twice.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2537
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 4:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is file sharing involved? Piracy?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5200
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 8:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is file sharing involved? Piracy? Neither. And many students did this thing, all in one day.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2544
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...class registration?
Credit card information? Social security number information? Identity information?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5217
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm...class registration?
Credit card information? Social security number information? Identity information? None of these
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5222
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BIG MEGA HINT (because I want this puzzle solved): In just over a month, I suspect at least some of you, if not most, will be doing this very thing, though not on a school campus, but nationwide.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2551
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vote!?!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 176
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I bet that's it!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2554
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He could have let this one age some more, like cheese...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5226

Vote!?! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm tired of this one, so

**********SPOILER**********

A few weeks ago, a girl who was running for freshman class president left bags of candy on all the suite and hall doors in all the dorms. (I live in a suite - four dorm rooms to the suite.) Inside the bag was a little note, encouraging the recipient to vote for her - the class elections were that day. Unfortunately for her, I discovered the bag upon exiting my dorm...where I had been voting in the elections. The "bribe" did not work so well.

As it turns out, neither she nor the candidate I voted for won, but I'd just picked a name at random, so, not a big deal.

Nice job, Ixoye, Rbruma, and all the rest of you who asked good questions.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2555
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You probably voted for Pedro...(good puzzle).
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5227
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And yes, I suppose I could have let it age more, but my queue of potential puzzles was piling up. I hope you liked this one!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: