[Rbruma] Call 911 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Rbruma] Call 911 « Previous Next »

Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 223
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 9:51 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I was a kid, among other things I wanted to become as a grown-up, there's one which I knew was extremely unlikely. Only in college I discovered that was not only unlikely, but utterly impossible.

Probably a quick one, but I incidentally remembered that today and I think it is funny
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 224
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 10:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot again to add the username in the title. To err is human but to persevere in error is demonic. Hoping that I won't end up as Mephisto's right hand, I would ask one of the moderators to correct the mistake
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 4700
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are superheroes relevant?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 228
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are superheroes relevant? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4704
Posted on Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you say that most kids would have this dream? Is the law involved at all? Is the supernatural involved?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3679
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 5:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to be something reserved for a different gender? Nationality? Perhaps you wanted to be President of the United States, for example?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 229
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 6:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you say that most kids would have this dream? Not really Is the law involved at all? Yes Is the supernatural involved? No

Did you want to be something reserved for a different gender? No Nationality? Yes Perhaps you wanted to be President of the United States, for example? Precisely. Just add why it was utterly impossible and finish this off
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 4724
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you weren't born in the US? And the law of jus soli makes it such that only natural-born citizens are allowed to become President?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 231
Posted on Sunday, September 19, 2010 - 9:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you weren't born in the US? And the law of jus soli makes it such that only natural-born citizens are allowed to become President? Indeed. I was aware that in order to be a president of a country you should be a citizen of that country. However I discovered only in college that to be president of the US you should be born there. To date, I didn't found a similar provision in some other nation's constitution (I didn't looked up closely, though). Thus endeth my small puzzle, with the deserved *** SPOILER ***

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: