[Balin] "Spahn and Sain..." Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Balin] "Spahn and Sain..." « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 5231
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Last Wednesday, it rained, and I was thrilled, as I had been hoping for rain for about 10 days before that. Why was I so happy?

I = me (Balin), and this is a true story.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 2557
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You had been waiting to try out a new umbrella? New rain boots? Some other kind of rain gear?
Or perhaps the rain brought a cold front with it, and you were sick of hot weather?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5235
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You had been waiting to try out a new umbrella? New rain boots? Some other kind of rain gear? No to all
Or perhaps the rain brought a cold front with it, and you were sick of hot weather? No - the answer is much more lateral than that.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1037
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 10:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want:
for something to become wet or filled with water?
for an event to be cancelled?
for snow to fall elsewhere, where it was colder?
to win a bet about when it would rain?

Was this the first time it rained in your location since last spring? relevant?
Mattiel (Mattiel)
Username: Mattiel

Post Number: 423
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you end up doing something you really longed for, and you could only do it while it was raining? Or just after rain?

Long-shot: were you willing to take a picture of a rainbow?

Is this story connected to your new location?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5250
Posted on Monday, September 27, 2010 - 11:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want:
for something to become wet or filled with water?
for an event to be cancelled?
for snow to fall elsewhere, where it was colder?
to win a bet about when it would rain? None of these

Was this the first time it rained in your location since last spring? No - it had rained about two weeks before. relevant? Not really

Did you end up doing something you really longed for, and you could only do it while it was raining? Or just after rain? No to all

Long-shot: were you willing to take a picture of a rainbow? No

Is this story connected to your new location? Yes
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 407
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 6:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By raining we should assume real rain, that is water coming down from the sky, right? (Lacking a better definition)

If so: were you happy because: the weather changed? that water was present? that we are in the fall now and something good will happen in this period?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5262
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 12:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By raining we should assume real rain, that is water coming down from the sky, right? (Lacking a better definition) Yes

If so: were you happy because: the weather changed? that water was present? Yope to this, no to rest that we are in the fall now and something good will happen in this period?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 414
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 12:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it because this way some plants got watered? Or a specific place?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5268
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 12:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it because this way some plants got watered? No, but... Or a specific place? ...Yes. Be careful for FAs.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2574
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you have been just as happy if someone had turned on some large sprinklers?
Was it a very light, misty rain? Downpour? Thunderstorm? Large amount of rain?
Mattiel (Mattiel)

Post Number: 431
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did a specific object get wet, causing your happiness?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5273
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would you have been just as happy if someone had turned on some large sprinklers? As long as the specific place got watered, yes - however, given the scenario, that would be rather unlikely.
Was it a very light, misty rain? Somewhere between this... Downpour? ...and this. But pretty much any amount of rain would have worked. Thunderstorm? Large amount of rain?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2577
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you wanted to see water collect somewhere? Make a puddle?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5278
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you wanted to see water collect somewhere? Not really, possible FA Make a puddle? No
Mattiel (Mattiel)

Post Number: 433
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I fear you missed my question at 3:21 ;-)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5281
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I fear you missed my question at 3:21 ;-) Oops - my bad. Rectified below, with apology.

Did a specific object get wet, Yes causing your happiness? Yes (tiny ish)
Mattiel (Mattiel)

Post Number: 434
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was this object meant to: contain water? Change any of its characteristics because of the water? Colour? Stiffness? Size?

Size of the object: tennis ball? basket ball? Chair? Car? Bigger?

Would it have been possible to make the object wet by yourself, pouring water on it with a bottle or a watering can?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5289
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was this object meant to: contain water? No Change any of its characteristics because of the water? Yope Colour? Yope, no to rest Stiffness? Size?

Size of the object: tennis ball? basket ball? Chair? Car? Bigger? This, FA

Would it have been possible to make the object wet by yourself, pouring water on it with a bottle or a watering can? Technically yes, logistically no - it really required rain.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2584
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you hoping that the rain would cause a body of water to rise in water level?
Mattiel (Mattiel)

Post Number: 436
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to check whether the rain would NOT change the colour of the object? Paint relevant? Is the object your house, or a part of it? Roof? Walls?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5292
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you hoping that the rain would cause a body of water to rise in water level? No, though I know people who were hoping for rain for that reason.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5293
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to check whether the rain would NOT change the colour of the object? No Paint relevant? No, but OTRT Is the object your house, No or a part of it? No, but this line of thought is OTRT Roof? No Walls? No
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2586
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You wanted nature to wash you car for you?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5295
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You wanted nature to wash Yes... you car for you? ...but No.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 190
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm, I remember a joke about a guy whose picket fence was painted green when he went on vacation, and blue when he came back...he'd mixed a yellow, water-soluble paint with a blue oil-based paint to make the green, and it had rained. Relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5296
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm, I remember a joke about a guy whose picket fence was painted green when he went on vacation, and blue when he came back...he'd mixed a yellow, water-soluble paint with a blue oil-based paint to make the green, and it had rained. Relevant? Not really, and I've never heard that story before - good one!

Post Number: 193
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! It's one of my favorites, lol. So no fences involved? Other decoration for the house/yard?
Mattiel (Mattiel)

Post Number: 438
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 5:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the "object" to be washed something fixed to ground, impossible to move? If so, a building? A sport field? A garden?
Would it be more appropriate to refer to it as an object or as a place?
Is it natural or man-made?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5300
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks! It's one of my favorites, lol. I can see why =) So no fences involved? Correct Other decoration for the house/yard? I wouldn't call it a decoration...see below.

Was the "object" to be washed something fixed to ground, impossible to move? Yes... If so, a building? A sport field? A garden? ...but none of these.
Would it be more appropriate to refer to it as an object or as a place? "Object" is probably better.
Is it natural or man-made? Man-made
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2588
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does most of the object's area spread horizontally (lies on the ground)? Or vertically (stands upright)?
Is the object made of wood? Concrete? Metal? Plastic? Glass? Something else? Multiple things?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5303
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does most of the object's area spread horizontally (lies on the ground)? This Or vertically (stands upright)?
Is the object made of wood? Concrete? This - should be easy to get the object now. Metal? Plastic? Glass? Something else? Multiple things?

Post Number: 208
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rain washed the sidewalk? Driveway?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5306
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rain washed the sidewalk? This! Driveway?

Now why was I happy that the rain washed the sidewalk?
Mattiel (Mattiel)

Post Number: 441
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a parking? A garage? But then these would be "places" rather than "objects"... hmmm...
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2591
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because the sidewalk had bird doodoo on it? Or something else that you didn't like to look at? Something you didn't want to step on or in?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5307
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a parking? A garage? But then these would be "places" rather than "objects"... hmmm... See above
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 2
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the poem "Spahn and Sain, Pray for Rain..." relevant? (It was a poem about the Atlanta Braves saying to pray for a rainout so that Spahn and Sain, who were their only good pitchers, could start, then it would rain for a couple days, and they'd be rested enough to start again and so on....) Is baseball in any way relevant? Sports? Sporting venues? The city of Atlanta?

The venue that got wet: was it a sporting venue? If so, was it a baseball stadium? Or just a regular baseball field?

Post Number: 210
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because then it froze and you could go sliding?

(If this was it, I'd worry about your sanity. I had my first 'meeting' with "black ice" in Auburn last December and am surprised my tailbone wasn't broken)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5308

Because the sidewalk had bird doodoo on it? No Or something else that you didn't like to look at? Yope - I didn't want to look at it.... Something you didn't want to step on or in? No
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2592
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chalk art? Some other kind of image on the sidewalk? Something that had been dropped or spilled onto the sidewalk? Something that had been intentionally put onto the sidewalk? Accidentally put there? Put there by a person? By nature?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5309
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the poem "Spahn and Sain, Pray for Rain..." relevant? Only in that the puzzle is about hoping for rain - nice catch on the reference! And welcome to the forum! (It was a poem about the Atlanta Braves saying to pray for a rainout so that Spahn and Sain, who were their only good pitchers, could start, then it would rain for a couple days, and they'd be rested enough to start again and so on....) Is baseball in any way relevant? No Sports? Sporting venues? The city of Atlanta? No to the rest

The venue that got wet: was it a sporting venue? If so, was it a baseball stadium? Or just a regular baseball field? No to these

Because then it froze and you could go sliding? No...it's September in North Carolina; will there really be ice?

(If this was it, I'd worry about your sanity. I had my first 'meeting' with "black ice" in Auburn last December and am surprised my tailbone wasn't broken) I know the feeling =P
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2593
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is/are sports relevant?

Post Number: 211
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because then it froze and you could go sliding? No...it's September in North Carolina; will there really be ice? I've never been to North Carolina, in September or otherwise, so how would I know? =P
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5310

Chalk art? Chalk, yes; art, no. Some other kind of image on the sidewalk? Not an image.... Something that had been dropped or spilled onto the sidewalk? No Something that had been intentionally put onto the sidewalk? Yes Accidentally put there? So no Put there by a person? Yes By nature? So no
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2594

Words written in chalk? Numbers? Symbols?

Post Number: 212
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chalk writing (graffiti)? Obscene words perhaps? Slurs?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5311
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is/are sports relevant? No

I've never been to North Carolina, in September or otherwise, so how would I know? =P Well, let me put it this way: it's really warm. I was here in February, it was 68 degrees Fahrenheit, and I spoke to someone who said it's usually 10 degrees warmer in that month.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5312
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Words written in chalk? Yes Numbers? Symbols? No to these

Chalk writing Yes... (graffiti) ...but No ? Obscene words perhaps? Slurs? No to these

Post Number: 213
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, let me put it this way: it's really warm. I was here in February, it was 68 degrees Fahrenheit, and I spoke to someone who said it's usually 10 degrees warmer in that month.Oh, lol. Interesting. Well, it is the South, so I suppose that makes sense...
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2595
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a sentence? A phrase? Something that you preferred not to read? Something to do with school?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5314
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a sentence? This, slight FA A phrase? Some of them were this, same FA Something that you preferred not to read? Yesish Something to do with school? Yope
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2597
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a list? Of names?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5315
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it a list? No, but... Of names? ...certain names were involved.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2598
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Names of famous people? Names of people that you know? Your name?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5318
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Names of famous people? Names of people that you know? Your name? None of these. HINT: The sentences/phrases involved names of certain students, none of whom I know personally.
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2601
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Students currently attending? Alumni?
Are sororities or fraternities involved?
Was the writing the signatures of the students?
Some kind of petition?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5323
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Students currently attending? This Alumni?
Are sororities or fraternities involved? No
Was the writing the signatures of the students? No, but the students had written their own names (along with that particular sentence/phrase
Some kind of petition? No

Post Number: 218
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Voting of some sort?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5325
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Voting of some sort? YES!!

Care to finish this one off?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2604
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Vote for Pedro!"

Post Number: 220
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not that I'm at all certain of this, but perhaps they were voting for you and/or someone else for some kind of student council position, and you lost, so you were happy when the votes were washed away?

Or if not that, it has to do with the elections, and the students were writing stuff about which candidates they were voting for and why, and all the political stuff irritated you?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5329
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Vote for Pedro!" No, but...

Not that I'm at all certain of this, but perhaps they were voting for you No and/or someone else Yope for some kind of student council position, Yes and you lost, No - I did not run for any office so you were happy when the votes were washed away? No - see below.

Or if not that, it has to do with the elections, Yes and the students Noish were writing stuff about which candidates they were voting for Yope and why, Noish and all the political stuff irritated you? Yes

You are so close....
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2606
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They were names of students who were seeking election?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5333
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They were names of students who were seeking election? Yes, and therefore the sentences were....
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2607
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"So-and-so for President", or similar?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5337
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"So-and-so for President", or similar? There we go!

**********SPOILER**********

For about ten days after the elections (actually, a runoff election we had for the position of Secretary - two candidates had tied), the political ads ("Vote Person X for Secretary, etc), written in chalk on sidewalks all over campus, remained. For those ten days, I was hoping for rain so that the darn political ads would go away - just like in real life, they were there for too long. Finally it rained, and the rain washed away the political ads, making me happy. (What little remained of the ads went away after an even heavier rain yesterday, BTW.)
Kudos go to everyone who asked questions, especially Kaylee and Mattiel, as well as Ixoye, for the final vote. You all know where my next puzzle is....
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2609
Posted on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So they bribe you with candy and then write all over the sidewalk...if only I had seen the connection - nice 1!
Gourami (Gourami)
Username: Gourami

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 8:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The most annoying chalk messages on our campus are written on brick walls under overhangs--the rain never gets there, and they remain indefinitely. We still have a drawing of the logo for the first Transformers movie.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: