[Whirligig] Odd message Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » [Whirligig] Odd message « Previous Next »

Whirligig (Whirligig)
Username: Whirligig

Post Number: 342
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I've never spoken with Elizabeth in person or received any previous email from her, why did I receive an email message from her today?

Probably a quickie, so email for early $poilers, please.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 258
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 2:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Early $poiler emailed.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 5378
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 3:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ditto on the e-mail.
Mattiel (Mattiel)
Username: Mattiel

Post Number: 447
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Voting relevant? :-)
Mattiel (Mattiel)
Username: Mattiel

Post Number: 449
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ops, sorry, I thought this was a Balin puzzle and Elizabeth one of the candidates to the elections in his campus... forget about my previous post...

Is the e-mail a spam? Do you know Elizabeth? Did she just get an e-mail address today for the first time in her life?

Did you expect the e-mail? Did the e-mail concern leisure? Work? Advertising?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 6:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Elizabeth a celebrity? Was it a mass email? One encouraging you to take a certain action that Elizabeth wanted you to take? (I get emails all the time from people I don't know, saying to give money to Obama or something like that?) Did Elizabeth personally write the email? Was it automated? Is Elizabeth even a real person? Or is it a nickname for something or some service? (Sort of like how people call AOL to complain that "Daemon" prevented their email from going through and asking to speak with him.) Do you personally know Elizabeth?
Is the reason you didn't speak with Elizabeth at all:
Because you didn't know her?
Because she didn't speak the same language as you?
Because she had a disability that prevented her from speaking clearly or at all?

Was the reason she never sent you email:
Because she didn't have a computer? Didn't have internet? Didn't have an email account? Didn't know your email address? You didn't have an email address? She had the wrong email and didn't realize it?

Wild shot in the dark: Your name is Daemon and she kept sending you emails to the wrong account and when "Daemon" replied, she thought it was you? And finally she figured it out?

(You'd be surprised at how stupid people are)
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 345
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the e-mail a spam? no Do you know Elizabeth? doyd of "know" Did she just get an e-mail address today for the first time in her life? no

Did you expect the e-mail? yes Did the e-mail concern leisure? yesish Work? Advertising? no to rest

Is Elizabeth a celebrity? no Was it a mass email? no One encouraging you to take a certain action that Elizabeth wanted you to take? no (I get emails all the time from people I don't know, saying to give money to Obama or something like that?) OTWT entirely Did Elizabeth personally write the email? yes Was it automated? no Is Elizabeth even a real person? yes Or is it a nickname for something or some service? no (Sort of like how people call AOL to complain that "Daemon" prevented their email from going through and asking to speak with him.) Do you personally know Elizabeth? again, doyd
Is the reason you didn't speak with Elizabeth at all: a bit of FA here
Because you didn't know her? doyd
Because she didn't speak the same language as you? no
Because she had a disability that prevented her from speaking clearly or at all? no

Was the reason she never sent you email:
Because she didn't have a computer? no Didn't have internet? no Didn't have an email account? no Didn't know your email address? no You didn't have an email address? no She had the wrong email and didn't realize it? no

Wild shot in the dark: Your name is Daemon and she kept sending you emails to the wrong account and when "Daemon" replied, she thought it was you? And finally she figured it out? no

(You'd be surprised at how stupid people are) given the examples on this website, I would be barely surprised at all: http://www.rinkworks.com/stupid/
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 5405
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ooh, I love those computer stupidities!
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 97
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 11:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is some internet service (such as a forum or an online shop)involved? Did you have a problem or a request? And because of that, you sent an e-mail to a general address (like "info[at]whatever.com)? And you didn't get an automated reply but a reply written by Elizabeth herself (maybe even through the address "Elizabeth[at]whatever.com")?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 354
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 11:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is some internet service (such as a forum or an online shop)involved? yesish Did you have a problem or a request? noish And because of that, you sent an e-mail to a general address (like "info[at]whatever.com)? And you didn't get an automated reply but a reply written by Elizabeth herself (maybe even through the address "Elizabeth[at]whatever.com")? no to rest
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 7
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I see: you've never talked with Elizabeth in person. So have you talked to her over the phone? Have you received letters from her via postal mail?

And as for you asking me to define "know":
Have you met Elizabeth in person?
Have you conversed with her on the internet in ways other than email? Is she in a business relationship with you? If so, is she your customer? The other way around?
Did Elizabeth buy something from you? Did you buy something from Elizabeth? Is Elizabeth your employee? Your boss? Someone higher up in your company than your boss (such as the CEO of your company)?
Is Elizabeth someone you've heard of but never met personally?
Were you expecting Elizabeth's email? Did you plan on sending subsequent emails in the future? Do you expect to regularly be emailing Elizabeth?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 357
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I see: you've never talked with Elizabeth in person. So have you talked to her over the phone? Have you received letters from her via postal mail? neither

And as for you asking me to define "know":
Have you met Elizabeth in person? no
Have you conversed with her on the internet in ways other than email? yes Is she in a business relationship with you? no If so, is she your customer? The other way around?
Did Elizabeth buy something from you? Did you buy something from Elizabeth? Is Elizabeth your employee? Your boss? Someone higher up in your company than your boss (such as the CEO of your company)? none of the above
Is Elizabeth someone you've heard of but never met personally? you could say that, I guess, but see above for further details
Were you expecting Elizabeth's email? yes Did you plan on sending subsequent emails in the future? possibly, I did end up sending more Do you expect to regularly be emailing Elizabeth? not really

Post Number: 310
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you expect to regularly be emailing Elizabeth? not really

Why not? Does she strike you as the kind of person who would want to keep out of touch now she's been emailing you? Do you think she's not a friendly sort?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 490
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you speak with her in a chat room? Maybe exchanging also email addresses?
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 553
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Elizabeth an LTPF member?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 360
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Why not? Does she strike you as the kind of person who would want to keep out of touch now she's been emailing you? Do you think she's not a friendly sort? well, I thought he meant regularly as in all the time, and I don't even email my closest friends that much

Did you speak with her in a chat room? Maybe exchanging also email addresses? noish

Is Elizabeth an LTPF member? yes, and you're very close now
Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Monday, October 04, 2010 - 11:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Elisabeth send you an e-mail in relation to one of your puzzles?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 364
Posted on Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did Elisabeth send you an e-mail in relation to one of your puzzles? noish, but VERY close—one word away!
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 12:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she send you an email with a suggestion for a future puzzle? with a comment about one of her own puzzles? with a question about how to use the LTPF itself?
Whirligig (Whirligig)

Post Number: 371
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 5:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did she send you an email with a suggestion for a future puzzle? with a comment about one of her own puzzles? meh, close enough with a question about how to use the LTPF itself?

**********SPOILER**********

"Elizabeth" is Kaylee, who emailed me in response to my possible $poiler for her idiomuzzle, confirming my guess.

Post Number: 595
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 5:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, I did! *grins* I've also sent you other emails since then, my friend. So...how do you like Versponses? :-D

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: