[Rbruma] Dallas Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - September 2010 » [Rbruma] Dallas « Previous Next »

Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 449
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Something very bad happened in November. Please explain

This is more of an experiment, so I won't be surprised if it is solved in less than 10 posts. But quick ones are sometimes good
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2023
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume, of course, that this has nothing to do with grassy knolls?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course, as all aficionados of bad TV know, someone called Kristin killed someone called JR. Aired in November 1980. It was very, very bad. Worse even than some of the stuff that airs on UK daytime :~)
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 450
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I assume, of course, that this has nothing to do with grassy knolls? Haha, no, of course. That was only my mischievous experiment
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 2632
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

People with a lot of "useless" knowledge floating around in their heads also know that the "Who Shot JR?" episode is one of the most-watched events in TV history, won't it be funny if that's the answer?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 451
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Of course, as all aficionados of bad TV know, someone called Kristin killed someone called JR. Aired in November 1980. It was very, very bad. Worse even than some of the stuff that airs on UK daytime :~) JR, Kristin or - for that matter - Sue Ellen, Miss Ellie, Bobby or Cliff Barnes are not relevant. Nor is the title anymore -- it was only used for the "experiment"
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

November of a specific year?
Is a death involved? Tragic event?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 452
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

People with a lot of "useless" knowledge floating around in their heads also know that the "Who Shot JR?" episode is one of the most-watched events in TV history, won't it be funny if that's the answer? I wouldn't call it useless knowledge, but basics... Also reminds me of times long gone. But of course it is not the answer
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 453
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

November of a specific year?
Is a death involved? Tragic event? Yes to all, although I am not sure about your last question. It is tragic in the sense that it involves death
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This year? A year from 1900 to present? If so, which year?
Did this bad thing happen to you, and just you? You and other people? Not you, but to a single person? A group of people? A state, city, or country?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 454
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This year? A year from 1900 to present? Yes If so, which year? 1999
Did this bad thing happen to you, and just you? You and other people? Not you, but to a single person? A group of people? This one, with a 'ish'. The questions left unanswered are a 'no' A state, city, or country?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 5396
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, my first thought was Columbine, but that was in April....

Did it occur in [LTPF list of continents]? Did the whole group of people die? Some of them? One of them?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 457
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did it occur in [LTPF list of continents]? North America Did the whole group of people die? Yes Some of them? One of them?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5403
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this occur in the USA? In Canada? In Dallas? In Texas?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 460
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this occur in the USA? Yes In Canada? In Dallas? In Texas? No, Dallas and Texas are no more relevant. I used them to experiment something that will be described in the $poiler
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5408
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this occur in [LTPF list of states]? Is weather relevant? Did the people die by [LTPF list of untimely deaths]? Did something explode?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 462
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this occur in [LTPF list of states]? California, if my information is correct Is weather relevant? No Did the people die by [LTPF list of untimely deaths]? Shot at closed range Did something explode? No, I don't think so
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5410
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they murdered? Executed? Were the victims H? A? M? Were they shot by one person? Two? Three? More? Did they commit suicide?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 463
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they murdered? Yes Executed? Were the victims H? Yes A? No! M? Irr Were they shot by one person? This Two? Three? More? Did they commit suicide? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5413
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the killer H? A? M? Were the victims children? Teens? Babies? Was this a school shooting?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 465
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the killer H? Yes A? Yes M? No Were the victims children? Yes Teens? No Babies? I don't know the distinction between children and babies. Anyway, their specific age was irrelevant Was this a school shooting? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5417
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the children at the same location? Is the location relevant? A church? Were they inside? Outside?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 467
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 10:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the children at the same location? Yes Is the location relevant? They were at home. A church? Were they inside? Outside?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5421
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 11:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Number of children killed: [LTPF list of integers]? Was the killer their mother?

Wait...I think I know this. Potential $poyler e-mailed.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 468
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 11:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Number of children killed: [LTPF list of integers]? 3 Was the killer their mother? Indeed

Wait...I think I know this. Potential $poyler e-mailed. I don't think that was it, but I was only experimenting with it, so let's put the

******* SPOILER *******

According to my sources, a woman murdered her three children and -- upon conviction -- she is waiting in the death row.She used to be called Socorro "Cora" Caro, for those willing to search.

Stumbling upon this, and noticing that the murder happened on Nov. 22nd, I had the idea of making an experiment using our fellow puzzlers, trying to find out how soon they will be ruling out the obvious choice. Woodworm came in with the answer to the experiment, and Balin with the answer to the puzzle. Thanks to all.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5430
Posted on Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Clever experiment, and nice puzzle!

Having never seen Dallas, I did not know that the shooting of JR occurred in November, although I did know who the killer was.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 5458
Posted on Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And somehow, I completely forgot about the JFK assassination on the 22nd of November, 1963, the same day that Aldous Huxley and C. S. Lewis also passed this mortal coil. Grassy knolls indeed....
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3821
Posted on Friday, October 01, 2010 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And no one noticed... as I recall from an Admin puzzler.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: