[JenBurdoo] Who took the cookies from... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » [JenBurdoo] Who took the cookies from the cookie jar? « Previous Next »

Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3901
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 1:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mrs. Fields stared at the empty cookie jar on her desk. Then she looked to her twenty third-grade students, every one of which had a perfectly innocent expression on his or her face.
"Honest, Mrs. Fields, we didn't swipe any cookies," said Abe.
"This is the second time, children! You know those cookies are prizes for good behavior."
"I didn't see anyone," purred Bonnie. Nor had Mrs. Fields; the cookies, as usual, had disappeared while she was out of the classroom and the children were supposed to be working.
"And you can hardly give us ALL detention," smirked Charlie. "That wouldn't be fair."
"That's quite all right, dear," said Mrs. Fields, her eyes narrowing in sudden concentration. "I have my ways..."

How will Mrs. Fields find the cookie thieves?

Possibly a quickie.
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 38
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 3:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mrs. Fields = Debbie Fields? Or some name you inserted as a joke?
Will Mrs. Fields:
poison/lace the cookies so that the student who eats the cookies gets sick/dies?
Install a video camera?
Search the people for cookie crumbs?
Dust the cookie jar for fingerprints?
Is it relevant who the culprit is? If so, was it Abe? Bonnie? Charlie? Someone else?
You mentioned "thieves". Was there more than one culprit? Was the culprit(s) even a student(s)?
Does Mrs. Fields already have a suspicion as to who the culprit is? If so, will she lace the cookies with an ingredient which the suspect is allergic to? And when he/she gets a reaction, she says "oh, so you ate my cookies which I laced with [allergen]!"
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 3902
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 3:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mrs. Fields = Debbie Fields? Or some name you inserted as a joke? Irr.
Will Mrs. Fields:
poison/lace the cookies so that the student who eats the cookies gets sick/dies? Pretty darn close, but she's a teacher. That would be illegal!
Install a video camera?
Search the people for cookie crumbs?
Dust the cookie jar for fingerprints?
Is it relevant who the culprit is? If so, was it Abe? Bonnie? Charlie? Someone else?
You mentioned "thieves". Was there more than one culprit? Was the culprit(s) even a student(s)?
Does Mrs. Fields already have a suspicion as to who the culprit is? If so, will she lace the cookies with an ingredient which the suspect is allergic to? And when he/she gets a reaction, she says "oh, so you ate my cookies which I laced with [allergen]!" Damn. Close enough.

SPOILER

She makes her next batch of cookies with chile peppers as an ingredient, then watches to see who needs a drink of water RIGHT NOW. Good thinking.
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 609
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 4:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow! That has to be a record - one post to solve! Congrats Gregoryuconn...Sorry Jenburdoo.
Whirligig (Whirligig)
Username: Whirligig

Post Number: 392
Posted on Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My "Squares and pie?" puzzle was solved before I answered any questions, actually, but two people posted in a row, the second of whom had the correct answer.

While reading the puzzle statement, by the way, I thought the question was going to be about who stole the cookies, and it was going to be the custodian or something, LOL.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: