[Rbruma] Victory! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » [Rbruma] Victory! « Previous Next »

Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 706
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 9:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I named one of my cats after a famous political person. But I failed somehow. Please explain.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 6791
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 11:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you get the name correct? Did you name the cat using a nickname? But you got the nickname wrong? Or were the characteristics of the cat and the politician totally different?
Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2181
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not Mao? (I had him in one of my puzzles some time ago.)

Were you a young child? And couldn't quite pronounce the name?
Jenburdoo (Jenburdoo)
Username: Jenburdoo

Post Number: 4012
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have a scrund about the name? The politician?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 707
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 5:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you get the name correct I did Did you name the cat using a nickname? Sort of But you got the nickname wrong? Or were the characteristics of the cat and the politician totally different? Possibly, but irrelevant

Not Mao? (I had him in one of my puzzles some time ago.) Not Mao, no

Were you a young child? A 23 year child And couldn't quite pronounce the name? No
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 708
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 6:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have a scrund about the name? The politician? No to both
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2189
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you name your cat Winston and then try to apply for a US visa in your cat's name?
Woubit (Woubit)
Username: Woubit

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 10:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This politician: was he [insert LTPF List of Nationalities]? And did he live in the [insert LTPF List of Centuries]?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 113
Posted on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you name him Dewey? As in Dewey Beats Truman?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 712
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you name your cat Winston I tried, but I realized that I failed somehow and then try to apply for a US visa in your cat's name? Haha, not this This politician: was he [insert LTPF List of Nationalities]? And did he live in the [insert LTPF List of Centuries]? No need: The name has been found out: Winston -- presumably we can assume Sir Winston Churchill Did you name him Dewey? As in Dewey Beats Truman? So no

Remaining: why I failed somehow (less important) and why would I try to name my cat Winston in the first place
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3510
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 9:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you name him Winston because of something he (the cat): looked like? Did? His background? Any characteristic of Sir Winston Churchill relevant? Were you unsuccessful in naming the cat Winston? Did everybody end up calling the cat something else?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 714
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 11:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you name him Winston because of something he (the cat) FA: looked like? No Did? His background? Yope. Or yes, for svv of 'background' Any characteristic of Sir Winston Churchill relevant? None whatsoever Were you unsuccessful in naming the cat Winston? Yes Did everybody end up calling the cat something else? Yes

Post Number: 160
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did they call him Winnie? And so they thought he was a she?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 715
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 2:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did they call him Winnie? Yes! And so they thought he was a she? Well, she actually is a she... So it is I that failed to see this at the beginning and tried to name the cat Winston, but after I realized my mistake I reverted back to Winnie

The failure has been cleared out. Remaining: why would I try to name my cat Winston in the first place. Her background is yopishly relevant -- or it is relevant for svv of 'background' and no characteristics of Sir Winston Churchill are relevant
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7072
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 3:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat an English breed? From England?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 716
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 5:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat an English breed? From England? No to both
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2199
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Winston the arch-enemy of a Kitler?

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7075
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 5:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat already named Winnie when you got her? And you liked the sound of "Winston" better?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 720
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Winston the arch-enemy of a Kitler? Haha, no. No 'Sieg Miaow!' heard around

Was the cat already named Winnie when you got her? No! And you liked the sound of "Winston" better? So no

The explanation is rather simple -- and silly --- but more ground work is necessary
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7091
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the cat have a name already when you got her?
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3517
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any other cats relevant? Or pets? Or animals? Or names? Is the letter W relevant?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 722
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the cat have a name already when you got her? No Any other cats relevant? Or pets? Or animals? Or names? Is the letter W relevant? Not these, but...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7094
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did someone else suggest the name "Winston"? Had you been planning on getting a cat for a while? And planning to name it "Winston"?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 724
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did someone else suggest the name "Winston"? My wife did, but that is not relevant Had you been planning on getting a cat for a while? Not at all And planning to name it "Winston"? So no
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2201
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she a stray cat? Did you find her in a particular place? In a particular way? Would the puzzle work if you'd called her Monty? De Gaulle? (This last would be a hilarious name for a cat.) Did you find her up a tree? Was she fighting mice on the beaches? Did she refuse to surrender?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 726
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she a stray cat? Yesish or Yope Did you find her in a particular place? This In a particular way? And more importantly this Would the puzzle work if you'd called her Monty? No De Gaulle? No, no other name would've have worked(This last would be a hilarious name for a cat.) My other cat is called Pufus, short for Marcus Ulpius Pufus, so De Gaulle is reasonable Did you find her up a tree? No Was she fighting mice on the beaches? Not then and never thereafter Did she refuse to surrender? She was not chased in any way

Post Number: 164
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she German? Used to belong to a Nazi? Did you find her on a hill near a church?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2204
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm ... did you find him in a WC?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2205
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I mean "her" ... sorry, Winnie
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 727
Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she German? Used to belong to a Nazi? Did you find her on a hill near a church? No to all, but interesting connections Hmmm ... did you find him in a WC? No, but very good thinking I mean "her" ... sorry, Winnie Winnie forgives easily but never forgets
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7098
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had Winnie been injured when you got her? Hit by a car? Abused by former owners? Mauled by an animal?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 738
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had Winnie been injured when you got her? Yope Hit by a car? Not hit, but a car is involved Abused by former owners? Yes Mauled by an animal? No
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 891
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 6:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thrown from a car into traffic?! :-( *hopes not* (I've heard of at least one instance of that, though I think it was a dog...he survived...thank God)
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2208
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Had she been left inside a car, rather like one of those nodding dogs from the Churchill insurance adverts? (I doubt it, as I don't think that Churchill Insurance exists outside the UK, but hey.)

Did she demonstrate the spirit of the blitz? Some sort of Churchillian resilience?

Did her cruel ex-owners make her inhale cigar fumes? Or perhaps car fumes, so that she coughed like a chain-smoking former PM?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 739
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thrown from a car into traffic?! Exactly this! My wife rescued her. This and some other unrelated thing -- which is yet to be discovered -- prompted the name :-( *hopes not* (I've heard of at least one instance of that, though I think it was a dog...he survived...thank God)

Had she been left inside a car, rather like one of those nodding dogs from the Churchill insurance adverts? (I doubt it, as I don't think that Churchill Insurance exists outside the UK, but hey.)

Did she demonstrate the spirit of the blitz? Some sort of Churchillian resilience?

Did her cruel ex-owners make her inhale cigar fumes? No, but smoking is relevant to the other yet-to-be-discovered thing. The rest are a no Or perhaps car fumes, so that she coughed like a chain-smoking former PM?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7108
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 12:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When your wife rescued her, was she injured? Had she been set on fire in the past? Burned?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 742
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When your wife rescued her, was she injured? Only frightened Had she been set on fire in the past? Burned? No to both
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7113
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking relevant - smoking as in smoking cigarettes? Cigars? Marijuana? Crack? Another illegal drug? Relevant who the smoker was? Former owners?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 743
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smoking relevant - smoking as in smoking cigarettes? This one Cigars? Marijuana? Crack? Another illegal drug? Relevant who the smoker was? No Former owners? Owners of what?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7116
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant 'were the former owners of the cat the smokers?', but I don't think that's relevant now....

Did the cat try to smoke a cigarette? Try to eat one? That was already lit?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 745
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant 'were the former owners of the cat the smokers?', but I don't think that's relevant now.... I see now. I have no idea who those were

Did the cat try to smoke a cigarette? Try to eat one? That was already lit? No to all. The cat is linked to the 'smoking' part in the more lateral way
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2209
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 1:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Churchill is a brand of cigarettes. Is this relevant?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 747
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 2:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Churchill is a brand of cigarettes. Is this relevant? No, but VERY OTRT. This is the only way forward
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7121
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't there also a brand called Winston? Or am I mistaken?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 748
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Isn't there also a brand called Winston? Yes it is! Or am I mistaken? So no...

Last piece: what was the connection between the Winston brand of cigarettes and the way I found my cat, so that it determined me to try to name her Winston -- latter changed to Winnie?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 898
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 5:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat found around cigarettes?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 749
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 6:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat found around cigarettes? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7132
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat found near fire? In fire? In a pile of cigarette butts? Or cigarette boxes?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 763
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the cat found near fire? In fire? In a pile of cigarette butts? Or cigarette boxes? None of these. The manner in which she was found made me think at this connection, but no cigarettes where present at the scene
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7146
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she smoke-colored? Cigarette-colored?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 766
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she smoke-colored? Cigarette-colored? No, nothing related to how the cat looks is relevant. Just the story of her 'rescue', which you already know
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7154
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 11:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she huddled near a car's tailpipe?

Post Number: 193
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the driver smoking while holding the cat, and accidentally chucked the cat instead of the cigarette?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 768
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she huddled near a car's tailpipe?
Was the driver smoking while holding the cat, and accidentally chucked the cat instead of the cigarette? No to both
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7175
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 12:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are any actual, physical cigarettes related to the story? Were you smoking at the time of the rescue? Was your wife?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 773
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are any actual, physical cigarettes related to the story? Not cigarettes, but... Were you smoking at the time of the rescue? Was your wife? None of us
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7185
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything with the word "Winston" written on it? Maybe cigarette papers? Or an empty box?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 775
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anything with the word "Winston" written on it? Maybe cigarette papers? Or an empty box? This! More than one, actually. One small step left
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7196
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she in a pile of boxes? Next to several boxes? Had she eaten several boxes?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 776
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she in a pile of boxes? Next to several boxes? Had she eaten several boxes? No to all. She was thrown in the middle of the street, out of a moving car
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7207
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 4:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was a cigarette box also thrown from the car?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 778
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was a cigarette box also thrown from the car? Not from the car and there were more than one, but OTRT and very close now
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7219
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 7:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were cigarette boxes thrown at you? At your wife? At the cat?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 786
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were cigarette boxes thrown at you? At your wife? At the cat? No to all, but I think we're close enough, so here comes the

******* SPOILER *******

Nine years ago, it seemed that Winston cigarettes were very popular around here. As such, we (my wife and me) were constantly observing empty packets thrown up in the street. When a cat was thrown from a moving car -- like an empty pack of cigarettes -- and subsequently rescued and adopted by my wife, we held a two hour phone conference to give the animal a name. We finally agreed that the name should be Winston. A few weeks later, observing 'strange' behaviour on the part of our new cat and upon closer inspection we changed her name to Winnie. Since 2001 she is a close family member.

Thanks to all who participated, especially to Woodworm and Balin for sticking with it to the end.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7237
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I enjoyed this one - yay for cats and puzzles about them!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: