[Woodworm] Hands across the sea Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - October 2010 » [Woodworm] Hands across the sea « Previous Next »

Woodworm (Woodworm)
Username: Woodworm

Post Number: 2214
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A connections puzzle of the sort we've seen recently. Google is positively recommended, especially as some clues involve more than one stage.

What links:

the demise of a grand hotel

a sporting puzzler

an excellent comedy

and

a quick buck?

Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 751
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The hotel: a real one? The Ritz? The demise: was he destroyed? stopped working for some other reason?

A sporting puzzler: one HAM who makes puzzles about sports?

An excellent comedy: a movie? a play? La Divina Commedia?

A buck: a dollar? a male of a deer?

Hopefully no snakes or trombones relevant, correct?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2217
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The hotel: a real one? yes The Ritz? but not this one The demise: was he destroyed? not quite this stopped working for some other reason? or this, but rather something more obvious

A sporting puzzler: one HAM this, certainly who makes puzzles about sports? but only yopishly this

An excellent comedy: a movie? indeed a play? La Divina Commedia? no to rest

A buck: a dollar? this is the intended sense a male of a deer? not this, though I was tempted to complicate things by bringing this into play :-)

Hopefully no snakes or trombones relevant, correct? let me see ... no, I think we can safely say that St Patrick has charmed them all away from this puzzle with his medieval vuvuzela
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 752
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The puzzler: one who does latteral puzzles? Crosswords?

Movie: realised in [LTPF list of decades]? In US? Europe? Other? A silent movie, by any chance?

A quick buck: Easily earned? Something related to what is depicted on some dollar bancnote? Are we talking about US dollars? Fijian dollars? Others?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2218
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The puzzler: one who does latteral puzzles? oh yes Crosswords? not this, though he may do these in his spare time

Movie: realised in [LTPF list of decades]? It's an early 60s film, and a very famous one In US? yes Europe? Other? A silent movie, by any chance? no

A quick buck: Easily earned? possibly this Something related to what is depicted on some dollar bancnote? no Are we talking about US dollars? yes Fijian dollars? or this Others? or this
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 753
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The commedy: The pink panther?
The sporting puzzler: you? (be a sport and admit it...)
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 754
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The hotel: is 'Grand Hotel' part of its name? Is the movie Grand Hotel relevant?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2219
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The commedy: The pink panther? no, not this

The sporting puzzler: you? (be a sport and admit it...) heheh, not me ... but this meaning of 'sporting' is the one I meant

The hotel: is 'Grand Hotel' part of its name? I hope I'm right here, but no ... hotels go through so many rebrandings it's hard to be sure Is the movie Grand Hotel relevant? no
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 755
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The puzzler: one of the users of this forum? If no, a well-known figure? A politician? (these tend to do latteral puzzles by instinct)

The hotel: is it in US? Europe? (France? Spain? UK? Italy? Germany? Austria? Switzerland?) Other parts of the world?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 756
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The commedy: was it cartoons? a musical?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2220
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The puzzler: one of the users of this forum? yes If no, a well-known figure? outside this forum, maybe not A politician? (these tend to do latteral puzzles by instinct) hehe ... but no

The hotel: is it in US? Europe? (France? it is perhaps the most famous hostelry in France Spain? UK? Italy? Germany? Austria? Switzerland?) Other parts of the world?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2221
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The commedy: was it cartoons? a musical? no to both of these
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 757
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By any chance.... Hotel de ville? I think there are a lot =)

From all the [LTPF list of something], I am sure there is a [LTPF list of users of the LTPF], at least for the admins. Is it proper to invoke it or should we attempt a different approach in finding him?

Anything relevant about him other than his username? His real name? A puzzle he hosted?

I have no idea about other famous commedies of the sixties. Maybe Breakfast at Tiffany's?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2223
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By any chance.... Hotel de ville? I think there are a lot =) there are, and even the French town halls are more attractive than the architectural highlights of the UK, but hey ... it's a hotel in the more usual sense

From all the [LTPF list of something], I am sure there is a [LTPF list of users of the LTPF], at least for the admins. Is it proper to invoke it or should we attempt a different approach in finding him? Well ... let's just say that he has been much in the LTPF news lately, through no fault of his, and he's taken it in good part ...

Anything relevant about him other than his username? His real name? this, and (not for the first time) only this A puzzle he hosted?

I have no idea about other famous commedies of the sixties. Maybe Breakfast at Tiffany's? not this, and maybe a slight FA lurking ...
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 758
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, while watching Tottenham - Inter I seem not to make good progress, so one last set of questions:

Are we looking to one specific hotel or there's a chain of them? George V (thinking of one of Brel's songs)? Hostellerie Du Vieux Perouges? Sofitel?

The FA about the movie: was it a movie at all? A TV series? Was not very famous, although somewhat known for a specific aspect?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2224
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are we looking to one specific hotel or there's a chain of them? George V (thinking of one of Brel's songs)? Well, I do like to be thematic! George V it is.

Hostellerie Du Vieux Perouges? Sofitel? You think the Sofitel is as good as the George V? Well I do hope so, as I have a room booked at the Brussels Sofitel later this year

The FA about the movie: was it a movie at all? it was A TV series? it may have been, but I don't know, and this isn't relevant to the theme Was not very famous, although somewhat known for a specific aspect? not this either: it was very very famous
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 2942
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well some other early 60's comedies are:

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)
Dr. Strangelove (1964)
A Shot In The Dark (1964)
The Nutty Professor (1963)
Ocean's Eleven (1960)
Irma La Douce (1963)

Is it any of these?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 759
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 9:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the hotel anymore relevant, or should we redirect to the king George V? Or to an object or place named after him? If the king, something relevant about his death?

I won't give advices about hotels, as I am very modest in my expectations. I hardly even expect to spend the night in the hotel, so I don't notice the details

Is our co-puzzler named also George?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2225
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well some other early 60's comedies are:

It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963)
Dr. Strangelove (1964)
A Shot In The Dark (1964)
The Nutty Professor (1963)
Ocean's Eleven (1960)
Irma La Douce (1963)

Is it any of these? no, and a slight fa ...

Is the hotel anymore relevant, or should we redirect to the king George V? yes! Or to an object or place named after him? If the king, something relevant about his death? this one: nicely done

I won't give advices about hotels, as I am very modest in my expectations. I hardly even expect to spend the night in the hotel, so I don't notice the details

Is our co-puzzler named also George? no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 7142
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our "sporting" puzzler - Mr. Koch perhaps, whose last name has become a running gag? Or maybe Gameczar, who has run a couple of football puzzles?
Was the comedy an animated film? Live-action? Was it a full-length feature?

Demise of George V - relevant the manner of his death? The time? His heir?

How far have we come on the last clue (the "quick buck")?

This is very RBQ-ish - I like it.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 908
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bet it's Gregoryuconn...I've been referring to him as Gregory Coke :-P
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 764
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

King George's heavy smoking habit relevant? "Bugger Bognor!"?

About the persistent FA in the movies: are we looking to more than one movie? One that was not produced in Hollywood? One spoken in a different language than English? "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was marked with a FA... is also "The pink panther" exhibiting the same FA?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 185
Posted on Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 11:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ooh, am I the puzzler? And all those things happened before I was born? And weren't my fault?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2226
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 10:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Our "sporting" puzzler - Mr. Koch perhaps, whose last name has become a running gag? Yes, I'm afraid we're looking for yet another Mr Koch Or maybe Gameczar, who has run a couple of football puzzles? no, the 'sporting' only refers to the good sportsmanship of our Mr Koch

Was the comedy an animated film? no Live-action? not 100% sure what this means ... real actors rather than a cartoon, certainly Was it a full-length feature? yes

Demise of George V - relevant the manner of his death? vaguely this, but Razvan has some help with this: see below The time? His heir?

How far have we come on the last clue (the "quick buck")? not very far, except to establish that it's money and not a deer

This is very RBQ-ish - I like it. thankyou, that was certainly the idea

I bet it's Gregoryuconn...I've been referring to him as Gregory Coke :-P yes, and mocking my dietary habits, amongst other cheekinesses :-)

King George's heavy smoking habit relevant? "Bugger Bognor!"? Yes! nicely done ... I was wondering whether the LTPF would do a spot of censorship there, as it did with Woubit's cormorant many years ago

About the persistent FA in the movies: are we looking to more than one movie? no One that was not produced in Hollywood? not 100% sure, but nor relevant, and not the FA One spoken in a different language than English? no: that Leeman puzzle was very tough; this one is a bit easier "Breakfast at Tiffany's" was marked with a FA... is also "The pink panther" exhibiting the same FA? the FA was not just the guess itself, but a lurking assumption about some aspect of the film

Ooh, am I the puzzler? you are, but only the name Koch is relevant, and I'm not trying to implicate you in the death of King George V And all those things happened before I was born? unless you are under five, no And weren't my fault? no

A quick recap: we have:

Bugger Bognor (George V's last words)
Mr Koch (a different one)
A film from the early 60s
A quick buck (in the monetary/non-cervine sense)
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 771
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 11:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bugger Bognor:

Is it the end of this chain or should we be moving further away? Assuming yes to further exploring: Etymology of the word 'bugger' relevant (let's hope we are not chasing this down like we did with the buisines...)? If so, the Bogomils relevant? Failing this, anything related to Bognor Regis? If so: its name? its history? sporting or cultural events being held there?

Mr. Koch:

Is it the end of this chain or should we be moving further away? Assuming yes to further exploring: Is Mr Koch a real person? If so, HAM? Living? Born in Europe? North America? A fictional character? A bacillus?

The commedy FA: is it that it's not actually a comedy (or some would not consider it a commedy)? A black comedy? Was something ironic related to the movie, but the movie in itself was not hilarious?

A quick buck: is it true that... hmm, no, I don't have any idea how to progress from here.
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2228
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 11:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bugger Bognor:

Is it the end of this chain or should we be moving further away? I'd recommend moving further towards Bognor ... Assuming yes to further exploring: Etymology of the word 'bugger' relevant (let's hope we are not chasing this down like we did with the buisines...)? ... ... and easing off on the buggery aspect If so, the Bogomils relevant? Failing this, anything related to Bognor Regis? If so: its name? its history? sporting or cultural events being held there? yes: this last one is spot-on, no to rest

Mr. Koch:

Is it the end of this chain or should we be moving further away? Assuming yes to further exploring: Is Mr Koch a real person? yes If so, HAM? yes Living? no longer, alas Born in Europe? yes North America? A fictional character? no A bacillus? haha, no

The commedy FA: is it that it's not actually a comedy (or some would not consider it a commedy)? quite so! A black comedy? Was something ironic related to the movie, but the movie in itself was not hilarious? well, someone described it as an excellent comedy, for particular reasons

A quick buck: is it true that... hmm, no, I don't have any idea how to progress from here.very much in the home straight now, though some googling might help. Incidentally, the title might also give a fifth connection ...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7171
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 12:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the movie intended to be an action film? Or a drama? Was it a B-movie? Or was it just flat-out bad? Was it so bad that it was funny?

Profession of Mr. Koch relevant? Is he Robert Koch (re: the link you posted on my "Whiter Shade of Pale" puzzle)?

Quick buck: would any synonym for "buck" work in place of it? Or are we looking for a synonym for "buck"? Like "dollar"? "Cash"? "Money"?

Bognor - do we want a sporting event? Anything to do with the local football club?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2229
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 12:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the movie intended to be an action film? Or a drama? this is closest, I guess Was it a B-movie? Or was it just flat-out bad? Was it so bad that it was funny? No, they wouldn't have described it as an 'excellent' comedy if it was bad. Let's just say they thought it was inaccurate.

Profession of Mr. Koch relevant? absolutely
Is he Robert Koch (re: the link you posted on my "Whiter Shade of Pale" puzzle)? no, it is not Robert Koch

Quick buck: would any synonym for "buck" work in place of it? Or are we looking for a synonym for "buck"? Like "dollar"? "Cash"? "Money"? this one

Bognor - do we want a sporting event? yes, for svv of 'sporting' Anything to do with the local football club? nothing so commonplace
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 772
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 2:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Birdman of Bognor?

The movie: Lawrence of Arabia? (I know it had some inaccuracies, but didn't find the humorous one...)

Mr. Koch: British? French? German? Artist? Musician? Political figure? Businessman? Is this his real name?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2232
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 2:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Birdman of Bognor? YES!

For the uninitiated, this is an annual competition in which people from all over the world try to fly off the end of Bognor pier using a variety of weird contraptions. Some look like regular hang-gliders, but some are just bizarre. One guy was dressed as a cow.

... should be easy now ...

The movie: Lawrence of Arabia? (I know it had some inaccuracies, but didn't find the humorous one...) no, but you'll surely guess it now. Incidentally, the wikipedia entry briefly explains the 'comical' aspect, which relates to a film about a film

Mr. Koch: British? French? German? yes Artist? Musician? Political figure? Businessman? none of these

Is this his real name? Yes, his real name: he was born in Frankfurt but was associated with the British media ... his profession is now quite guessable, I think.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7178
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Koch - a journalist? War correspondent?

The film - a war movie? A Western?
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 2966
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah Burt Lancaster!
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2233
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Koch - a journalist? War correspondent? neither, but he worked for the BBC, as ...

The film - a war movie? A Western? neither, but Peter has it:

Ah Burt Lancaster! but of course! I wonder if you saw the Michael Palin documentary about it? and can you complete the set before I $poil?
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 774
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Impressive, Peter!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7188
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Google and Wikipedia have been kind enough to supply the film and Mr. Koch, but I'm not completely sure about the "quick buck".

Should I post, or hold off?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7189
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And there is no way I would have come up with any of that...sigh, to be young and American is to not know anything.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 2967
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm struggling with the quick buck also.

So far we have
The Birdman of Bognor
The Birdman of Alcatraz
Ludwig Koch - An ornithologist or Birdman

We can substitute Quick Buck with Quick Money yes? Is the bird the Swift relevant?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2234
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Should I post, or hold off? post away!

So far we have
The Birdman of Bognor
The Birdman of Alcatraz
Ludwig Koch - An ornithologist or Birdman

All correct: actually Koch was not just an ornithologist but one of the pioneers of wildlife sound recording. His autobiography was called 'Memoirs of a Birdman'. I only know of him through my love of wildlife and music, because he was a musician by training. Apparently he knew Clara Schumann, who has been the subject of a puzzle or two, as I recall.

In case anyone's wondering what's so funny about the Birdman of Alcatraz: Michael Palin interviewed two inmates of the prison, who thought that Burt Lancaster's portrayal of the title character was unduly romanticised. So they said 'it was a comedy: an excellent comedy'. The original Birdman, apparently, was never allowed to see the biopic about him.

We can substitute Quick Buck with Quick Money yes? Is the bird the Swift relevant? fine thinking but no: another word for quick and you're there ... this is something much more contemporary
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 2961
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 5:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fast buck?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2235
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 5:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fast buck? Well, 'fast money' ...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7213
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Fast money" leads me to think of Family Feud - relevant at all?
Woodworm (Woodworm)

Post Number: 2243
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Fast money" leads me to think of Family Feud - relevant at all? no ... this is a young American thing, but probably not your taste(and who could blame you!) We're talking rappers. Yo.

As the puzzle is almost done, and two new Connection puzzles are out there, let's go straight to the

*** SPOILER ***

Five BIRDMEN.

The title hinted obliquely at Icarus, the original Birdman. Then the Birdman of Bognor, the Birdman of Alcatraz, the Birdman of the BBC, and the rapper Birdman, who released the album 'Fast Money' in 2005.

Thanks everyone for playing. And, in the Tom Sutcliffe tradition of RBQ, I'd say five points to the LTPF team there.

Nice to see this time-honoured puzzle genre getting an outing!

Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7225
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yeah, yo, rap's totally not my thing, yo. (But seriously, I'm more of a rock person myself. Pretty much all of my high school classmates were into rap, and thought I was weird.)

Very good puzzle!
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 792
Posted on Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 9:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very nice one! Thanks!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 2979
Posted on Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I agree , nice puzzle Woodworm

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: