{KayleeTonksLupin} Well, THAT was une... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - November 2010 » {KayleeTonksLupin} Well, THAT was unexpected... « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 1185
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 6:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

He wasn't expecting THAT kiss...
Kimilia (Kimilia)
Username: Kimilia

Post Number: 3
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off, was it a normal kiss?

Was situation relevant? If so: Public place? Movie? Community even? Or was it at home?

Post Number: 1186
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 7:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First off, was it a normal kiss? Depends on your definition of "normal"; please elaborate.

Was situation relevant? Very
If so: Public place? Well, other people saw this, and it can in fact be located on YouTube
Movie? Thisish, but beware possible mislead Community even? What do you mean by this? Please rephrase. Or was it at home? No, he was at work.
Kimilia (Kimilia)
Username: Kimilia

Post Number: 4
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 7:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What I meant was "Community Event". So then, at a party? Movie theater?

Normal kiss would be lips-to-lips by my meaninging -- so, was it a kiss like that?

Was he kissed himself? Or did he see someone else get kissed?

Post Number: 1187
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 7:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What I meant was "Community Event". So then, at a party? Movie theater? Ah, I see! No, nothing like this.

Normal kiss would be lips-to-lips by my meaninging -- so, was it a kiss like that? Yes.

Was he kissed himself? Yes Or did he see someone else get kissed? ...Well, actually this too, but he was expecting to see that, lol, and I don't want to sidetrack you. Knowing that bit of info isn't all that important (although it might *possibly* help you figure out the scene, you don't *need* to know he was watching someone else get kissed to solve)

Post Number: 1188
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 7:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Feel free to guess away, anyone, but it's past midnight and I'm going to bed. Happy November 1; hope everyone had a terrific Halloween!
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 7810
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The kisser: H? A? F? Was he filming something?

Post Number: 1189
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The kisser: H? A? F? H/A/M. Was he filming something?Yes, although he wasn't being filmed when the kiss happened. (The others he was expecting to see kissing were, however, being filmed)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7836
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the kisser playing a joke on Our Hero? Were the others being kissed H? A? M? Were they in on the joke?

Post Number: 1194
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 8:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the kisser playing a joke on Our Hero? Yes, but that wasn't the only reason he did that.
Were the others being kissed H? A? M? The other couple who were kissing were one H/A/M, one H/A/F
Were they in on the joke? I don't think they were expecting it, but it helped them (which was the other intent).
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7837
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Happy Couple having a private moment? And Our Hero was intruding on that moment? So the Joker kissed him? Distracting attention from Happy Couple?

Post Number: 1195
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 8:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was Happy Couple having a private moment? Not hardly, no, not even in the context of the scene they were filming.
And Our Hero was intruding on that moment?OH (and the Joker) were at the scene, and the couple could see them, but they weren't being filmed.
So the Joker kissed him? He kissed OH, but not because OH was intruding (OH wasn't intruding any more than Joker was)
Distracting attention from Happy Couple? No.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7842
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do any of the three parties involved (OH, Joker, HC) know each other? Relevant?

Post Number: 1196
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 9:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

They're all filming the same movie together, so they've gotten to know each other pretty well.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7846
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So HC is filming a scene in which they kiss? Is Joker also in the scene? Or is he part of the crew?

Post Number: 1199
Posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So HC is filming a scene in which they kiss? Yes
Is Joker also in the scene? No
Or is he part of the crew? No, he and OH are both actors, just not in this particular scene. (Anyone want to give them names, or are these working perfectly fine for you?)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7855
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were bystanders watching the filming? Interfering with it?

Post Number: 1202
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were bystanders watching the filming? OH and Joker were bystanders in the sense that they weren't meant to be on set at the time, so yes
Interfering with it? Taking the above into account, yes, although in a good cause considering Joker's intent for doing what he did
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7857
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were any other people besides the four around at the time? Watching? Are any others relevant? If so, H? A? M?

Post Number: 1203
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were any other people besides the four around at the time? The scene was pretty crowded, I think
Watching? Yes, I'm sure, but irrelevant
Are any others relevant? If so, H? A? M? No one but these four is directly relevant, though there were definitely others around. I feel like we're starting to go in circles, though that may be just me, so you may want to try finding out more about the actors involved (I know the names of all three H/A/Ms but only the character's name for the H/A/F)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7860
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a true story? From a movie? TV show? Was the filming part of the show (or whatever)?

Post Number: 1204
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is this a true story? This (the surprise kiss) really happened on the set of a movie, according to OH
From a movie? The kissing scene between HC was part of the movie
TV show?
Was the filming part of the show (or whatever) The filming was filming an actual, real movie?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7866
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forget that last question...I worded it wrong.

Was the movie from [LTPF list of decades]? Was it an action movie? Animated? Comedy? Drama? Romance? Sci-fi? Mystery? Thriller? Teen? Horror?

Post Number: 1206
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forget that last question...I worded it wrong. Forgotten

Was the movie from [LTPF list of decades]2000's. Judging by the kissing scene, I believe this one was 2003.? Was it an action movie? Primarily this, as were its predecessorsAnimated? Comedy? Drama? Romance? Sci-fi? Mystery? Thriller? Teen? Horror? While there were elements of comedy, drama, and a little bit of romance, the movie, along with its two predecessors, were action-oriented, telling an epic tale of high fantasy.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7877
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 3:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I forgot a basic question - *facepalm*...

IS TOLKIEN RELEVANT?

If so, is this Return of the King?

Post Number: 1210
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 3:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I forgot a basic question - *facepalm*... Lol, happens to the best of us Balin...

IS TOLKIEN RELEVANT? OF COURSE!!!

If so, is this Return of the King? Yep!!!! Although it might have only been on the DVD.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7891
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it only in the extended version?

Thinking...haven't seen ROTK in quite a while...

Is it the kiss at the end, during the coronation ceremony (Aragorn/Arwen)?

Post Number: 1214
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 1:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it only in the extended version? I think so.

Thinking...haven't seen ROTK in quite a while...Me either, more's the pity. I intend to watch all three again soon.

Is it the kiss at the end, during the coronation ceremony (Aragorn/Arwen)? No. The couple's actors were human, but the characters weren't.

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 1:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And yes, of course Arwen's not human, even after she's given up her immortality, I know, but it's not her, lol. (I DO know who plays her: Liv Tyler. I do NOT know which H/A/F portrays the female in this pairing.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7897
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sam/Rosie at the wedding?

Post Number: 1220
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sam/Rosie at the wedding? Perfect! Now you've got the happy couple...so who might OH and Joker be?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7902
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 2:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would guess Merry and Pippin, jokers that they are....

Post Number: 1222
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 2:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would guess Merry and Pippin, jokers that they are....Remember that the two weren't filming. But Pippin is OH, yes. Joker is not a hobbit. :-P He is one of the Nine Walkers, however...

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 2:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or rather, Billy Boyd is OH.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7909
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 2:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Joker: Aragorn? Gandalf? Gimli? Legolas?

Post Number: 1225
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 2:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Joker: Aragorn? Viggo Mortensen! Well done! No to rest for this particular situation. Gandalf? Gimli? Legolas?

That's the ***SPOILER***. Sean Astin (Sam Gamgee) was having a difficult time filming the scene where Sam kisses Rosie, in the Extended Edition. He's a married man, and his wife doesn't like him to do kissing scenes. So, to provide inspiration, Billy Boyd and Viggo Mortensen hung around the set one day. Billy came up with the idea so that it'd be just like their friend was really getting married...he'd have his friends at his wedding, and it'd make them relax. But one time when Sean looked over at them, Viggo grabbed Billy, and...well. See for yourselves.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7915
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 3:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...now I can barely type, I'm still laughing.

Great puzzle!

Post Number: 1226
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 3:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*grin* Well, if it helps you feel any better, Matt, so am I. =P Of course, that could still be euphoria from the Giants winning the World Series yesterday...(why can't we have orange and black striped text?)
Visconti (Visconti)
Username: Visconti

Post Number: 358
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We can. I'm hoping for my halloween puzzle to finish so I can stop putting 'orange' in front of everything.

Post Number: 1229
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 3:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

STRIPED TEXT! *envious* How about big, striped orange and black text? Like..."SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS: WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS, 2010"????
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7920
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 7:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So something like...

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS
WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS 2010
CONGRATULATIONS!

Post Number: 1249
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 7:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! (Now, can you teach me how to do that?)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 7922
Posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There's a formatting link of the left side of the page (the scroll bar that you undoubtedly have moved all the way off the left side of the screen. Everything you need is in there.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: