{KayleeTonksLupin} Seriously? I WHAT? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2010 » {KayleeTonksLupin} Seriously? I WHAT? « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 1956
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She opened her email. Then, she screamed.
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2137
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

she 1 = she 2? = HAF?

Did she scream because of something read in the email? Something on the computer? Something she saw? heard? felt?
Whirligig (Whirligig)
Username: Whirligig

Post Number: 591
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

she = you? Tortie?

Post Number: 1958
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 9:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

she 1 = she 2? = HAF? Yes to all

Did she scream because of something read in the email? Yes Something on the computer? Something she saw? Something seen in the email, no to rest heard? felt?

she = you? Yes, me Tortie?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 9664
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the scream out of happiness? Sadness? Exasperation?

Post Number: 1960
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the scream out of happiness? this is closest...I think it was what I called "ecstatic shock", lol. Sadness? Exasperation?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9669
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this happen this past year? Giants winning the World Series relevant?

Post Number: 1962
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did this happen this past year? This morning, actually.
Giants winning the World Series relevant? Not at all. Although that elicited a similar reaction when I saw them do it.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9671
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the email from someone relevant? A family member? Someone on the LTPF?

Post Number: 1964
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the email from someone relevant? For svv of 'someone'.
A family member? No
Someone on the LTPF? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9677
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 10:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the email from a certain website? Mailing list? Server?
Ktinus (Ktinus)
Username: Ktinus

Post Number: 1
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How much time has passed between the opening of the e-mail and the scream?
Was the scream caused by some text that was read, or an image that was seen? Was the scream caused by an email message or the list of messages? The message content? The subject? The email sender?
Hello, this is my first post at this forum:-)

Post Number: 1965
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2010 - 11:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the email from a certain website? This Mailing list? although there's a related yahoo group, so this would work Server?

How much time has passed between the opening of the e-mail and the scream? About two seconds
Was the scream caused by some text that was read, or an image that was seen? I read about half a sentence
Was the scream caused by an email message this or the list of messages?
The message content? The message content, yes
The subject? The email sender?
Hello, this is my first post at this forum:-) Welcome! Glad to have you!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9678
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 12:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the sentence you read bring awesome news?

Post Number: 1966
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 2:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the sentence you read bring awesome news? Most definitely!!!!!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9684
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 4:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you the only person with this reaction? Would everyone subscribing to the website have this reaction? Could we call this a "newsletter"? Was the news about a relevant person? More than one person? About you? Did you win something?

Post Number: 1967
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you the only person with this reaction? I am sure everyone who received similar news had some sort of reaction
Would everyone subscribing to the website have this reaction? Perhaps
Could we call this a "newsletter"? "Notification" would work better
Was the news about a relevant person? It applied to me
More than one person?Other people got similar notifications.
About you? Indeed
Did you win something? Yes, but may mislead if you're not careful
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 534
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 5:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

School is closed? You have the day off from work? You won a prize? By luck (like a lottery)? As a reward (like if you won a trip to Miami for being such an awesome person)? The Giants signed some awesome free agent? Something related to some current news?

Post Number: 1970
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 5:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

School is closed? I've graduated, so not this
You have the day off from work? Not found a job yet, though if someone offered me one, this'd be my reaction then too
You won a prize? It's an award, actually
By luck (like a lottery)? There is a certain amount of luck involved inasmuch as earning the points which let me win is out of my hands, but not a lottery type thing
As a reward (like if you won a trip to Miami for being such an awesome person)? It's somewhat like this, though not a trip anywhere. However winning such a prestigious award (well, prestigious within a certain circle...) is definitely rewarding
The Giants signed some awesome free agent? The Giants and sports in general are completely irrelevant; try another of my interests, Mr. Coke, sir
Something related to some current news? Er...it's not "news" in a general sense, but it's a recent happening within that "certain circle" I spoke of. Once you get closer, Google may be helpful, but it probably won't be yet
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9693
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 9:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOTR relevant? HP?

Any of your fanfics relevant? Is one being published? Earning an award?

Post Number: 1971
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOTR relevant? Well, just a Tolkien fanfic generally. No characters from the LotR trilogy. HP? No.

Any of your fanfics relevant? Yes, indeed Is one being published? They have been "published" by being posted on a website, but other than that, no. Earning an award? The one in question most certainly did!

Post Number: 1973
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP: Yesterday, when I got up in the morning and checked my email, I screamed. This was a scream of "ecstatic shock" because, in beginning to read the first sentence, I realized I'd won an award for one of my Tolkien fanfictions. The email was from the person who arranges the rather well-known (within Tolkien fanfic circles) awards, informing me of the fact I'd won.

...On second thought, I doubt many of you would necessarily know these awards. Google is definitely allowed, and of course you may still ask me questions...or ask me to $poil, since you've really got all the most important info other than the name of the awards.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9700
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Award - was it for the story as a whole? For writing it? Was it a "Best X" award?

Post Number: 1974
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 11:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Award - was it for the story as a whole? For writing it? That seems to be the same thing to me... Was it a "Best X" award? Well, it didn't win first place, no, but it still placed...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9739
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 12:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the award about the quality of writing?

Post Number: 1975
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 2:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the award about the quality of writing? Well, I suppose that would factor into it...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9744
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 3:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it simply a "Best Fanfic" award? Is the topic of the fanfic relevant?

Post Number: 1977
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 4:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it simply a "Best Fanfic" award? No
Is the topic of the fanfic relevant? Yesish.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9753
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 6:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the award specific to Tolkien fanfics?

Post Number: 1986
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 7:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the award specific to Tolkien fanfics? Yes, because the awards group is Tolkien fanfic-specific.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9761
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the award for one of your characters? Did you only use existing characters? Invent a new one?

Post Number: 1988
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the award for one of your characters? No, the award was for the ficlet
Did you only use existing characters? Yes, but not the usual ones...
Invent a new one? No, but they were (and the situation was) unexpected to many of my friends.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9774
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have characters interact that never did in Tolkien's works?

Is the setting of the fanfic relevant?

Post Number: 1992
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 12:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have characters interact that never did in Tolkien's works? Oh no, quite the contrary. But the manner of the interaction was unexpected in a relevant way. :-D

Is the setting of the fanfic relevant? Yes.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9778
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the fanfic set in Middle Earth? In the Grey Havens?

Post Number: 1994
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 2:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the fanfic set in Middle Earth? In the Grey Havens? No to both, but remember that Middle Earth is the term used to refer to the continent that the Sindar, Exiled Noldor and their descendants, Men, Dwarves, etc., dwell on, and is not the whole of Ambarhini ("The Children's World" aka Earth) or Arda (used colloquially to mean Earth, actually means the solar system) or Ea (the Universe). To make things easier: It's set in Valinor, in Aman (Aman is the Blessed Realm, aka "The West").
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9782
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do recall, I know much less of the Tolkienverse than you do...

Are the characters in any of the LOTR trilogy? In The Hobbit?

Post Number: 1996
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do recall, I know much less of the Tolkienverse than you do...I recall. I offer these puzzles for your education, my friend. :-)

Are the characters in any of the LOTR trilogy? In The Hobbit? They are mostly present in The Silmarillion; I will go ahead and tell you that they were the Valar (recall my first puzzle here?) and two of the Istari, Alatar and Pallando, aka "The Blue Wizards" for their garb...the Blue Wizards, unlike their three brethren Olorin/Mithrandir/Gandalf the Grey or White/he of the many names, Curunir/Saruman the White or of Many Colours/Sharkey/etc. and Aiwendil/Radagast the Brown, "travelled into the East" and their fate was not recorded...at least, not by Tolkien. What did *I* have in store for these two wanderers? You may also probe me for information regarding my Tolkien fanfiction pen name, which would quickly avail you of the answer, I'm sure.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9788
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have the Valar and Blue Wizards meet? In a land foreign to both of them?

Post Number: 2000
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:39 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have the Valar and Blue Wizards meet? Yesish...closer would be 'reunite', as the Istari were Maiar (think of the Maiar as similar to angels, the Valar as similar to archangels, in line with the good Professor's Catholicism), except that these five Maiar "clothed" themselves in flesh, becoming Incarnates on their mission in Middle Earth.
In a land foreign to both of them? No, the Valar remained "home" in Valinor, so the Blue Wizards...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9791
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the Blue Wizards end up in Valinor?

Your pen name - does it have to do with the Valar? With the Blue Wizards? With Valinor?

Post Number: 2002
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the Blue Wizards end up in Valinor? They did. Proving that...(*insert title of story*) Finding out when, and what they brought with them, would be helped by reading the tale.

Your pen name - does it have to do with the Valar? With the Blue Wizards? With Valinor? None of the above. The title of the story, however, refers to the Blue Wizards...but only because I used it for that purpose. It is in fact a phrase Tolkien used, but NOT in reference to the Blue Wizards. It was featured prominently in LOTR.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9793
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the phrase-title a LOTR chapter title? A quote?

Post Number: 2004
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the phrase-title a LOTR chapter title? I do not think so...but...
A quote? Part of one.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9796
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the quote spoken in the movie as well as in the book? Is it spoken in FOTR? TTT? ROTK?

Would it help to find out which character spoke it? Was it spoken more than once?

Post Number: 2005
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 5:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the quote spoken in the movie as well as in the book? Is it spoken in FOTR? TTT? ROTK? Er...yes I *think* so, and FOTR, I'm fairly sure.

Would it help to find out which character spoke it? Was it spoken more than once? I think, in the book, it was actually read off Gandalf's letter at the Prancing Pony...drat not having my books on me. *searches* Ah. It appears twice in The Lord of the Rings' first volume, The Fellowship of the Ring. Firstly, it appears in chapter ten "Strider" in Gandalf's letter to the hobbits in Bree. It is repeated by Bilbo at the Council of Elrond.

In the films, part of the quote, but not the relevant line, appears in ROTK, spoken by Arwen.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9800
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 3:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ditto on the not-having-books-accessible...I think my sister has them.

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ditto on the not-having-books-accessible...I think my sister has them. Poor Balin...The title of the story comes from the Riddle of Strider, as I've seen the poem called.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9811
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 9:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My sister says "there's something about a green stone in it". Relevant?

Oh, and "part of it involved a broken sword". Is that relevant?

Post Number: 2009
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My sister says "there's something about a green stone in it". Relevant? That's "Earendil Was A Mariner", not "The Riddle of Strider" (aka "All that is gold does not glitter")

Oh, and "part of it involved a broken sword". Is that relevant? Now she's got the right one, but the broken sword is not the relevant bit.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9829
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blade/broken relevant? Crowned king relevant?

Found the book!

Post Number: 2010
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 10:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Blade/broken relevant? Crowned king relevant? Neither. It's earlier in the poem.

Found the book! YAY!!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9841
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All righty...are any of the following lines relevant:

"All that is gold does not glitter"
"Not all those who wander are lost"
"The old that is strong does not wither"
"Deep roots are not reached by the frost"
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken"
"A light from the shadows shall spring"
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken"
"The crownless again shall be king"
?

Post Number: 2014
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"All that is gold does not glitter"
"Not all those who wander are lost" Only this one, which is the basis for the title of my story, like so: "Not All Who Wander Are Lost..." (missed the "those" out, but unlike you, my book seems to be permanently MIA.)
"The old that is strong does not wither"
"Deep roots are not reached by the frost"
"From the ashes a fire shall be woken"
"A light from the shadows shall spring"
"Renewed shall be blade that was broken"
"The crownless again shall be king"
?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9843
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the Blue Wizards wandering in Valinor? Did they get lost? And wind up in Valinor?

Post Number: 2017
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the Blue Wizards wandering in Valinor? No Did they get lost? Yope And wind up in Valinor? They did end up in Valinor, yes.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9846
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the Blue Wizards wandering? Did they intentionally go to Valinor?

Post Number: 2019
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were the Blue Wizards wandering? In Middle Earth, yes Did they intentionally go to Valinor? They were found and brought home.

It might be helpful for you to discover the circumstances of them being found...Finding the story would help, but you'll need my pen name for that. :-D
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9848
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your pen name have anything to do with the Riddle of Strider?

Having the fanfic website would also help...may we have that please?

Post Number: 2022
Posted on Tuesday, December 21, 2010 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does your pen name have anything to do with the Riddle of Strider? it doesn't...but my first name in my pen name is "Kaylee". The second half will require some thought.

Having the fanfic website would also help...may we have that please? I'm sure it would, but then it'd be far too easy. *grins* You'll have it eventually...but not now.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9852
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the other part of your pen name reference LOTR? The Hobbit? Some other part of the Tolkienverse? Some other interest of yours?

Post Number: 2024
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the other part of your pen name reference LOTR? The Hobbit? Some other part of the Tolkienverse? It references Galadriel, after a fashion. Some other interest of yours?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9854
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A fashion...as in her clothing? Her dress?

Post Number: 2025
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:15 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No..."after a fashion" means "in some relevant, but a bit vague, way". Sorry about that.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9855
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it reference her family? Her race? Her history? Her life? Her home? Her homeland?

Post Number: 2027
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does it reference her family? This...it's her patronymic. Her race? Her history? Her life? Her home? Her homeland?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9858
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any of her aliases relevant?

Having no clue how an elf has a patronymic...

Post Number: 2030
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any of her aliases relevant? See below.

Having no clue how an elf has a patronymic...*sigh* It's Arafinwiel. Her father's name is Arafinwe, or Finarfin. So Arafinwiel "daughter of Arafinwe" would be the patronymic.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9861
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is your pen name "Kaylee Arafinwiel"?

Post Number: 2032
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is your pen name "Kaylee Arafinwiel"? It is.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9863
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

3rd place, Ficlet, General...nice!!

Couldn't find the story, but did dredge up a review...fast food delivery, eh? I've got to read this.

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

3rd place, Ficlet, General...nice!!

Couldn't find the story, but did dredge up a review...fast food delivery, eh? I've got to read this.

***SPOILER***

"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" placed Third place, Ficlet, General, in the MEFAs (the Middle Earth Fanfiction Awards) which, in the circles I frequent, are the Tolkien fanfic equivalent of the Tonys, Oscars, you get the idea. Very prestigious awards. So I'm really thrilled to not only have had my first nomination, but actually placed!!! Read if you want to, the link is there. :-D lotrgfic.com is a wonderful place!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9865
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NICE!!! That's a great story!

Post Number: 2038
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, Balin!!! Favorite lines or anything? :-D
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9870
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 1:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, you can't resist the very last one, of course... =)

Post Number: 2039
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 2:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*grins* Of course not...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: