At the Disco Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2010 » At the Disco « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 26
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 8:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I panicked because he took me where I wanted to go.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 9706
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I" - you, Doriana? "He - H? A? M? A relative? A friend? Did you tell him you wanted to go there? Did he know you wanted to go there? Was there a legitimate reason for panic? An apparent one?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 27
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:05 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I" - you, Doriana? yes "He - H? A? M? yes to all A relative? A friend? no to both Did you tell him you wanted to go there? no Did he know you wanted to go there? no Was there a legitimate reason for panic? from my point of view, yes An apparent one? depends on one's definition of apparent
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9711
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know him?

"Where you wanted to go" - a building? A town? A public place? A private residence?

Did he want to go there as well?

Means of transportation relevant? If so, by car? Bus? Taxi? Subway? Train? Other public transportation?

Were you and he the only two going from place to place? Were you the only one going to that place?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 28
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you know him? no

"Where you wanted to go" - a building? yes A town? no A public place? no A private residence? yes

Did he want to go there as well? no

Means of transportation relevant? yes! If so, by car? Bus? this Taxi? Subway? Train? Other public transportation?

Were you and he the only two going from place to place? at the beginning no, but when i started to panic yes Were you the only one going to that place? yes
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9716
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you going to your house? Was your house by the bus stop? Bus station? "He" - the bus driver?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 30
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you going to your house? yes Was your house by the bus stop? yope, there are several bus stops relevant in this puzzle Bus station? no "He" - the bus driver? yes
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9719
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your house near two bus stops? Near any bus stops? Were you the only passenger for several stops? Did he head directly to your stop past several stops without stopping at the others?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your house near two bus stops? see next answer Near any bus stops? My house is near several bus stops, but... Were you the only passenger for several stops? no Did he head directly to your stop past several stops without stopping at the others? yesish, you're on the right way!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9721
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a specific stop that you prefer to others? Did he head directly to that one?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 34
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there a specific stop that you prefer to others? yope, but I didn't plan on getting off at that one - it'd help to figure out why Did he head directly to that one? yesish
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 10:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you panick as in -- having fear he will not stop at the station you intended to get off? Did you plan to do anything else before reaching home? Go to a grocery store? See a movie nearby? Meet a friend? Buy beer to see the game? (Ignore this :-) Did you intend to go home after all? Did you know the bus driver? Has he the habit of leaving you between the stops, at your request?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 36
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just saw I forgot to put my name in the title -sorry!

Did you panick as in -- having fear he will not stop at the station you intended to get off? no, he actually didn't stop there Did you plan to do anything else before reaching home? no Go to a grocery store? See a movie nearby? Meet a friend? Buy beer to see the game? (Ignore this :-) so, no to all Did you intend to go home after all? yes Did you know the bus driver? no Has he the habit of leaving you between the stops, at your request? unfortunately, no
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you plan to get off where you actually got off? Or did you plan to get off earlier? Did the driver know that you are still inside the bus or did he mistakenly believe that the bus was empty? Was that the last bus course for the day (in the evening or at night, as the case might be)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 38
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you plan to get off where you actually got off? no Or did you plan to get off earlier? no Did the driver know that you are still inside the bus {no} or did he mistakenly believe that the bus was empty? yes! Was that the last bus course for the day (in the evening or at night, as the case might be)? no, not the last bus course but...

You're really close to the solution! There are just some details missing, e.g. why I planned to get off at that specific stop and why I didn't do it...
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1118
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 4:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to make sure I get the sequence of events, because I think I'm missing something -- please confirm if correct: you boarded a bus intending to get off at a specific station? But the bus driver passed that stop? Then you panicked? And after it eventually stopped and you got off, you realized that you arrived where you intended to go in the first place?

Did the bus turn around, so you exited "on the other side of the road", so to to speak? Did you do it on purpose?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 42
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 5:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to make sure I get the sequence of events, because I think I'm missing something -- please confirm if correct: you boarded a bus intending to get off at a specific station? But the bus driver passed that stop? Then you panicked? And after it eventually stopped and you got off, you realized that you arrived where you intended to go in the first place? yes, that's pretty much it. The last thing you have to find out is why I didn't simply stay in the bus as it was apparently going to where I wanted to go.

Did the bus turn around, so you exited "on the other side of the road", so to to speak? no Did you do it on purpose? no
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9756
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 7:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you afraid that you were going to be kidnapped by the bus driver?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 43
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 8:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you afraid that you were going to be kidnapped by the bus driver? Oh yes! Well, maybe not kidnapped, but I was definitely afraid that somethingg bad might happen.

Now there's just a tiny detail missing: There's a perfectly logic reason why I planned to get up at that specific stop.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 44
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

get off*
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9764
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I'll get off already! ;-)

Seriously though...

Was that specific stop the closest one to your home? Was it closest to some shelter? Was it raining outside? Relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 48
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was that specific stop the closest one to your home? No, the one I eventually got off is closer to my home Was it closest to some shelter? no Was it raining outside? irrelevant Relevant? Which of your questions? It's relevant that this stop is farther away from my home. HINT: I planned to get off at this stop because I more or less had to.
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it the last stop on the bus course? Did you plan to get off there just to escape the (seemingly) erratic driver? Did you plan this before getting on the bus or while inside? Is "planning" the appropriate word, or you were just adapting to the situation (bus not stopping)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 50
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it the last stop on the bus course? Which one? The one I got off at or the one I planned to get off at? Name the right one and I think you got it (: Did you plan to get off there just to escape the (seemingly) erratic driver? no Did you plan this before getting on the bus or while inside? I planned to get off there before I got on the bus Is "planning" the appropriate word, or you were just adapting to the situation (bus not stopping)? Yes, I think it's the right word
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the last stop the one you got off at? The one you planned to get off?

I'm still missing something
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 52
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I'm still missing something" - No, I don't think you are. It's just a little detail that you're figuring out at the moment, see below.

Was the last stop the one you got off at? The one you planned to get off? this - So, I planned to get off at the last stop, but...
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1129
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm, let me get this straight -- you were planning to get off at the last stop, but the driver by-passed that so you got off later? Or you panicked in advance so you got off _before_ the last stop?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 53
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmmm, let me get this straight -- you were planning to get off at the last stop, but the driver by-passed that so you got off later? Yes, that's it - I panicked because he didn't stop at the very last stop Or you panicked in advance so you got off _before_ the last stop? no

I think you've gotten close enough for the

********SPOILER********
A week ago, I was on a bus and planned to get off at the last stop cause it is the closes stop to my home on this route. Usually, the bus stops at its final destination, which is why I didn't press this little button.
However, the bus driver thought the bus way empty so that he skipped the last stop and drove I don't know where. As it was dark outside I didn't realise it at first, but when I did I panicked because I didn't know what he was doing or where he was going. I told him to stop, and when he did so, I got off at another bus station which is closer to my home but not part of the route.

I hope you enjoyed my puzzle (:
Rbruma (Rbruma)

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 9:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A nice puzzle, thanks! And the panic is quite understandable, given the situation. Had the title any relevance?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 56
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, I just had to think of the band Panic At the Disco when I wrote "panicked" so that I put it in the title (:
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9770
Posted on Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good one!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: