[Cup of Sun] Better off drunk! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2010 » [Cup of Sun] Better off drunk! « Previous Next »

Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)
Username: Cupofsun1

Post Number: 15
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hopefully a quickie, for the clock is ticking...

Why would my family doctor tell me:

"You'd be better off drunk!"
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 2055
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My = me = you, Cupofsun?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1150
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Drunk as in intoxicated with alcohol? Some other meaning of drunkeness? Anxiety relevant?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 9917
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the doctor have a medical reason for doing so?

Christmas relevant?
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 19
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My = me = you, Cupofsun?

They would all be me, yes. Hi, I'm Sam. =)

Drunk as in intoxicated with alcohol? This Some other meaning of drunkeness? Anxiety relevant? No to others

Did the doctor have a medical reason for doing so?
Do you mean for saying so? If so: Yesish

Christmas relevant? No, thankfully, as we have enough Christmas puzzles on this board for now. Haha.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9923
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 10:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a disease? A sickness?

"The clock is ticking..." - is there a deadline to this puzzle? Is a certain day relevant? A certain event? New Year's? Times Square?
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 21
Posted on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 11:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you have a disease? A sickness? No.

"The clock is ticking..." - is there a deadline to this puzzle? Yes Is a certain day relevant? Yesish A certain event? Yesish to this too New Year's? Times Square? No
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 2056
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 12:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sam, I'm Kaylee =)

Glad to hear you're not sick right now, one of us is enough =P

So there's a deadline to this puzzle? Christmas Day? Boxing Day (Dec. 26)? Epiphany?

So you weren't drunk but your doctor thought you should have been because...were you in a car accident? Driving?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9925
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 12:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A deadline...before you have to leave the LTPF again? Or you won't be able to use the computer for a while?

Better off drunk...was the doctor referring to a certain event? Did he only say it to you?
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 27
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Sam, I'm Kaylee =) Hi! =)

Glad to hear you're not sick right now, one of us is enough =P Sick is bad, but not being the HAD in Balin's new puzzle is even more tragic! Haha! But seriously, feel better!

So there's a deadline to this puzzle? Christmas Day? Boxing Day But not because it's this day. (Dec. 26) This date. ? Epiphany?

So you weren't drunk but your doctor thought you should have been because...were you in a car accident? Driving? None of these

-

A deadline...before you have to leave the LTPF again? I never left, I just... get distracted and forget to log on from time to time. Proud member I think since... 2005 or before?

Or you won't be able to use the computer for a while? This...

Better off drunk...was the doctor referring to a certain event? No Did he only say it to you? Yes
Kaygee (Kaygee)
Username: Kaygee

Post Number: 643
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 3:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you leaving on a trip on the 26th? If so, is there something about the location? method of travel? length of travel? --where being drunk would be preferable?
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 31
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 3:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you leaving on a trip on the 26th? Why indeed I am... If so, is there something about the location? This method of travel? length of travel? But not these --where being drunk would be preferable? Yes
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 9932
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 4:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you traveling out of the country? Will you have a chance to meet up with other LTPFers there?

Is drinking considered to be part of the culture where you are going?

Length of the trip relevant? If so, days? Weeks? Months? Years?
Kaygee (Kaygee)

Post Number: 649
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ah...
Will you need to be careful while brushing your teeth, too?
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 35
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 5:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you traveling out of the country? Yes Will you have a chance to meet up with other LTPFers there? I hope! But probably not...

Is drinking considered to be part of the culture where you are going? Probably, but Irrelevant to some degree.

Length of the trip relevant? If so, days? Weeks? Months? Years? None of these

-

Ah...
Will you need to be careful while brushing your teeth, too? Yes, most certainly. Don't spoil? =)
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1351
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is the point that you'd be better off drinking only alcohol than water there, as at least the alcohol kills germs?
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 37
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So is the point that you'd be better off drinking only alcohol than water there, as at least the alcohol kills germs? Well, not that alcohol kills germs, but I think that's close enough for a $poiler!

I am leaving for Guatemala the day after Christmas, and while at the doctors getting shots, we were talking about how bad drinking the water there can be for you. He said something to the effect of: "If you're stuck in a place where there is only tap water or bottled beer, you'd be better off drunk!"
Kaygee (Kaygee)

Post Number: 660
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry...I was trying to test my idea without coming right out and saying it. Guess I was too obvious.

Hope you have a great trip. How long will you be in Guatemala? Will you have nice warm weather? (I've never tried brushing my teeth with beer or soda...wonder what a dentist would say about that?)
Cupofsun1 (Cupofsun1)

Post Number: 44
Posted on Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 8:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry...I was trying to test my idea without coming right out and saying it. Guess I was too obvious. No worries, it needed to be spoiled quick anyway, now go work on my scrunds =), or you'll have to wait...

Hope you have a great trip. How long will you be in Guatemala? Three weeks! Will you have nice warm weather? I hope so, no matter what it'll be better than bitter Connecticut right now (I've never tried brushing my teeth with beer or soda...wonder what a dentist would say about that?) Haha, indeed, a beer toothbrushing seems a bit odd, but I did have a friend get very sick from that exact same mistake. Bottled water only!

Thanks for the warm wishes, and happy holiday's to you and yours!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: