[TortieKitten] Oh my ears and whisker... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - January 2011 » [TortieKitten] Oh my ears and whiskers... « Previous Next »

Tortiekitten (Tortiekitten)
Username: Tortiekitten

Post Number: 134
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:22 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A brilliant idea turned out to be worse than the original plan.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 2617
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm late I'm late I'm late? :-D

Off with their heads? :-p

Post Number: 135
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm late I'm late I'm late? :-D indeed I was, good job for getting the title reference.

Off with their heads? :-p irrelevant

Post Number: 2618
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

late for a very important date? with Robert?

Post Number: 136
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

late for a very important date? yup, a party to be exact with Robert? nope, he couldn't come, too far away

Post Number: 2619
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was parteh fur kitteh? fur other kitteh? for tortie kitteh?

Post Number: 137
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 1:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was parteh fur kitteh? fur other kitteh? for tortie kitteh? The party was not for any one person, it was for my work. An aniversary party for the company. However, who the party is for is irrelevant.

Post Number: 2622
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was my tortie kitteh late for work, then?

Post Number: 138
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was my tortie kitteh late for work, then? I already said I was late for a company party, so short answer, NO

The focus is not on what I was late for, the focus is on why I was late in the first place. As I said, my brilliant idea went horribly wrong. What was it, and how did it backfire?

Post Number: 2625
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thought maybe the party was at/during work...sheesh tortiesibling, no need to bite my head off. Mommee kitteh has parties during or after work, after all.

Anything to do with setting your alarm? With your sleep schedule? With your computer? With the LTPF?

Post Number: 139
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thought maybe the party was at/during work...sheesh tortiesibling, no need to bite my head off. Mommee kitteh has parties during or after work, after all. nope, it was Friday night at a nice winery/restaurant

Anything to do with setting your alarm? With your sleep schedule? With your computer? With the LTPF? none of the above, except a small yesish to computer

Post Number: 2626
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

watching Doctor Who or other shows relevant? on YouTube? downloaded on your computer? did you lose track of time? Were you watching a movie?

Post Number: 140
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

watching Doctor Who or other shows relevant? on YouTube? downloaded on your computer? did you lose track of time? didn't lose track of time, just got delayed, but not by computer Were you watching a movie? no to rest

The computer being relevant was yesish because although it was not what delayed me from leaving, it did give me what turned out to be false information. The fact that I was delayed by about 15 minutes did not really matter in the end, as I got there a whole hour late.

Post Number: 141
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

luckily in time for dinner, the first hour was just wine tasting and cocktails

Post Number: 2628
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Driving directions? Google Maps? Mapquest? Traffic relevant? Am I finally OTRT, my sibling?

I am glad you got to eat! poor hungry kitteh...iz eat cheezburgerz? nawt mousez. :-P
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 11035
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think the party was later than it was?

Post Number: 142
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 2:58 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Driving directions? I got correct directions, there were a few way I could go Google Maps? Mapquest? Traffic relevant? {this one} Am I finally OTRT, my sibling? yup

I am glad you got to eat! poor hungry kitteh...iz eat cheezburgerz? nawt mousez. :-P twas good food too

Did you think the party was later than it was? glad to see someone else, no I knew that it started at 6pm and it was my goal to get there on time, I got there at 7pm

Post Number: 2632
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 3:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it just that the traffic backed up and made you late? Ick, I hate traffic. Poor sibling.

Post Number: 144
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 3:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it just that the traffic backed up and made you late? indeed, traffic was awful and made me late, and I learned that it would be bad from traffic.com, where it said there were 2 accidents on the freeway. However, I planned for the traffic that it told me about (my brilliant plan) so what went wrong? Ick, I hate traffic. Poor sibling. I hate it as well

Post Number: 2633
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moar axidentz dan 2?

Post Number: 145
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Moar axidentz dan 2? I only saw 2, they didn't lie about that

Post Number: 2634
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:04 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bigger axidentz dan yuo thot? meanin moar cleanin up an moar traffik delayz?

Post Number: 146
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

bigger axidentz dan yuo thot? meanin moar cleanin up an moar traffik delayz? I think the traffic was worse than they said, but that is still not the reason my plan backfired

Post Number: 147
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and I don't think the accidents were bigger, there was something else about them that made my plan epically fail

Post Number: 2636
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:-( Did they make you have to get off at the wrong exit? Or did you have to merge in a way you didn't want, like that time the bus forced you onto the freeway and we had to drive the wrong way for forever and just barely made it to our appointment on time?

Post Number: 148
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:-( Did they make you have to get off at the wrong exit? no, FA Or did you have to merge in a way you didn't want, like that time the bus forced you onto the freeway and we had to drive the wrong way for forever and just barely made it to our appointment on time? nope, nowhere to merge

Post Number: 2644
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

why I is made an FA, sibling? :-( were you not on the freeway?

Post Number: 150
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 7:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

why I is made an FA, sibling? :-( were you not on the freeway? bingo, I was not on the freeway because that was where traffic.com said the accident was, and my brilliant idea was to take side streets to avoid it.
Now, what went wrong?

Post Number: 2645
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you turned the wrong way on the streets? silly sibling...

Got caught on one-way streets that went the wrong way, maybe? where you wanted to turn and couldn't?

Post Number: 151
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you turned the wrong way on the streets? silly sibling... not this time, I had my GPS so I was never lost

Got caught on one-way streets that went the wrong way, maybe? no, it was a two way street, although it was very hard to turn around so I didn't, bad idea where you wanted to turn and couldn't? see above

Post Number: 2646
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you drove too far?

Post Number: 152
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And you drove too far? nope, like I said, GPS
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11048
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there traffic on the side streets? Did the side streets simply take a long enough route that you were late?

Post Number: 2647
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is a silly sibling and confuseding me :-( recap/hint please?

Post Number: 153
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there traffic on the side streets? yesDid the side streets simply take a long enough route that you were late? nope, the one I took ran parallel to the freeway
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 11050
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you not think there would be traffic on the side streets? But the traffic delayed you enough to be late?

Post Number: 154
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you not think there would be traffic on the side streets? indeed, I did not, so why was there? hint: the side street was located on the other side of a chain link fence from the freeway But the traffic delayed you enough to be late? it delayed me greatly, in fact, if I had taken the freeway it would have been faster. Although I would probably have still been a little late.

Post Number: 2648
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there an even worse accident on the side streets tortiesibling???
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2270
Posted on Sunday, January 16, 2011 - 9:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could you see the accident from the side street? Did the side street get slowed down by rubbernecking? Did debris from the accident end up on the side street?
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1437
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 1:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did a car on the freeway swerve into the fence, causing a piece of the fencing to swing out like a gate and block a lane of the side street?

Post Number: 155
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 3:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was there an even worse accident on the side streets tortiesibling??? yes!

Could you see the accident from the side street? since it was on the side street, yes Did the side street get slowed down by rubbernecking? no, it was slowed down because it blocked the whole lane going in the other direction Did debris from the accident end up on the side street? yes

Did a car on the freeway swerve into the fence, causing a piece of the fencing to swing out like a gate and block a lane of the side street? nope, but that would have sucked

I think now is the time for...
*****SPOILER*****

Before the party I kept checking the traffic and how long it would take to get there on traffic.com. I tried to leave early, but when I was a little late to leave (about 15 minutes) I had a brilliant idea to take the side street rather than the actual freeway for a small part of the trip in order to bypass the accident mentioned on the website.
Unfortunately for me, the accident was on the street that I took rather than on the freeway itself. It blocked the oncoming lane of traffic meaning that a cop was alternating which lane got to pass by, and causing a major backup of all cars with people who had the same idea as me.

Post Number: 2652
Posted on Monday, January 17, 2011 - 4:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:-( My poor tortiesibling! am very glad you got to your party okay, though late. *cuddles*

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: