[Balin] Acting shady Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2011 » [Balin] Acting shady « Previous Next »

Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 13196
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because of a pair of sunglasses and a false assumption, a new security measure was implemented.
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 514
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blimey! you don't waste any time

is this a true story? fyoi? fsei?

was someone wearing the sunglases? male? female? you?

was the person going through a security gate? passport control? entering a building? crossing a border?

was the false assumption made by security guards? police? immigration officers?
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1068
Posted on Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 10:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the measure implemented by government? A public body below government? A private enterprise? A private person not acting entrepreneurial?

Fear of terrorism relevant?
Twilightseeker (Twilightseeker)
Username: Twilightseeker

Post Number: 169
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was this a logical/good security measure? Or an unnecessary or harmful one? False assumption made about the sunglasses? Those wearing them?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13197
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

blimey! you don't waste any time Don't worry - this shouldn't take as long as the last one.

is this a true story? Yes fyoi? fsei?

was someone wearing the sunglases? No - good q male? female? you? But they were my sunglasses

was the person going through a security gate? passport control? entering a building? crossing a border? No to all

was the false assumption made by security guards? police? immigration officers? No to all

Was the measure implemented by government? A public body below government? A private enterprise? This, with svv of "enterprise" A private person not acting entrepreneurial?

Fear of terrorism relevant? No

Was this a logical/good security measure? Yes Or an unnecessary or harmful one? So no False assumption made about the sunglasses? No Those wearing them? See above
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1156
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it implemented by a shop? by university? by a library? gym? swimming pool?

Does the security measure involve searching people? searching their clothing/bags? Asking people? Surveillance? Locking something?

Were the sunglasses at the place where the security measure was implemented? Did somebody have them with them?

Are there any relevant people in this puzzle? One? you? more than one?
Vesica (Vesica)
Username: Vesica

Post Number: 596
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Security measure at:
An airport?
An event?
A train?
A ship?
An office?
A private residence?
A school?
A museum?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13209
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it implemented by a shop? by university? No to all, but this is closest - see below by a library? gym? swimming pool?

Does the security measure involve searching people? searching their clothing/bags? Asking people? Surveillance? No to these Locking something? No, but OTRT

Were the sunglasses at the place where the security measure was implemented? Yes, at one point Did somebody have them with them? Yes, me

Are there any relevant people in this puzzle? Yes One? you? more than one? Two people, one of whom is me (the other is H-A-M)

Security measure at:
An airport?
An event?
A train?
A ship?
An office?
A private residence?
A school? This
A museum?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3520
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

School = Preschool? Elementary school (grades K-5)? Junior high/middle school? (grades 6-8)? High school (grades 9-12)? Sunday school?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13214
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

School = Preschool? Elementary school (grades K-5)? Junior high/middle school? (grades 6-8)? High school (grades 9-12)? This. Technically, the relevant school is Pre-K through 12 (I went there for 13 years), but that's not relevant. Assume it's just a high school. Sunday school?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1159
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the H/A/M a teacher? someone who works at that school?

Did you do anything relevant with the sunglasses? Were they in your bag?

Does the security measure involve hiding something? Forbidding people/students to enter a certain area?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13219
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the H/A/M a teacher? No someone who works at that school? Yes, the athletic trainer

Did you do anything relevant with the sunglasses? Yes Were they in your bag? No

Does the security measure involve hiding something? Noish Forbidding people/students to enter a certain area? Noish

Post Number: 3524
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So a new security measure was implemented at your school, during your "high school" years, because of "a pair of sunglasses and a false assumption". Forgive me if it was asked and I missed it; was the FA made by a teacher? A school official? is this the relevant HAM?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13220
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So a new security measure was implemented at your school, during your "high school" years, because of "a pair of sunglasses and a false assumption". Correct Forgive me if it was asked and I missed it; was the FA made by a teacher? A school official? No to both is this the relevant HAM? No - see above
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1161
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the security measure concern athletics? One specific sport? Training? Games?

Did the thing you did with the sunglasses result in a dangerous situation? Did you throw them? Break them?

Was the false assumption made by you?

Post Number: 3526
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

*facepalm* Sorry I missed it. So the HAM was the athletic trainer. Were you wearing the sunglasses? Did he make an FA about you based on them?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13224
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 6:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the security measure concern athletics? One specific sport? Training? Games? No to all

Did the thing you did with the sunglasses result in a dangerous situation? No Did you throw them? Break them? No to both

Was the false assumption made by you? Yes

*facepalm* Sorry I missed it. So the HAM was the athletic trainer. Right - we cross-posted when I answered that one. Were you wearing the sunglasses? Did he make an FA about you based on them? No to both
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1163
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 7:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you make an FA about the sunglasses? About the athletic trainer?

Did the athletic trainer say anything relevant to you? Vice versa?

You had the sunglasses with you, but you were neither wearing them nor carrying them in your bag. Right? Did you carry them in your hand? Did you have them on the collar of your shirt? Did you keep them in your locker? in a classroom?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13225
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you make an FA about the sunglasses? No About the athletic trainer? Yesish/Yope

Did the athletic trainer say anything relevant to you? Yes (slight -ish) Vice versa? No

You had the sunglasses with you, but you were neither wearing them nor carrying them in your bag. Right? Right Did you carry them in your hand? Yes, No to rest Did you have them on the collar of your shirt? Did you keep them in your locker? in a classroom?

Post Number: 174
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 11:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the trainer greet you? Ask you something? Give you some command? Make a statement?

Is PE class relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 604
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 5:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant why you had them in your hand?
Was it against the rules for you to have them with you?
Was it against the rules after the new security measure?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2522
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are they mirrored sunglasses? Is that relevant?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13235
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 1:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the trainer greet you? Yope Ask you something? Yes (slight -ish) Give you some command? Yesish Make a statement? Yes

Is PE class relevant? No

Is it relevant why you had them in your hand? Yes
Was it against the rules for you to have them with you? No
Was it against the rules after the new security measure? No

Are they mirrored sunglasses? I think so but irrel Is that relevant? No
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 614
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you meeting the trainer?
Or did you run into each other in an unrelated situation?
Were you in the area for PE/Gym class?
School sports relevant?
After school activities?

Were you planning on wearing the sunglasses?
Did you have them with you so as not to leave them somewhere else?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to give them to the trainer?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13244
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you meeting the trainer? No
Or did you run into each other in an unrelated situation? No
Were you in the area for PE/Gym class? No
School sports relevant? Yes, but only for the background scenario.
After school activities? See prev

Were you planning on wearing the sunglasses? See prev
Did you have them with you so as not to leave them somewhere else? Irrel

Did you want to give them to the trainer? No

I would give some of the background story now, but I have class in a few minutes. After class, I will give the background.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13245
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

And "Were you in the area for PE/Gym class?" should be a Noish/Yope. Sorry.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 621
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin - I can't find a previous for: "Were you planning on wearing the sunglasses? See prev "...I see that you were not wearing them at the time it happened and that they were yours, but I don't see where your future intent to where them has been addressed...help?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13250
Posted on Monday, April 18, 2011 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin - I can't find a previous for: "Were you planning on wearing the sunglasses? See prev "...I see that you were not wearing them at the time it happened and that they were yours, but I don't see where your future intent to where them has been addressed...help? School sports - sorry for not making that clearer. See below.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION (to prevent irrel questions):

I played on my high school baseball team, and we were preparing to leave for one of the games. I played outfield, so I had my sunglasses for obvious reasons. Why they were originally in my hands is irrelevant (my bag was full), but something later is relevant that involves the sunglasses in my hands.

Also, this happened in a hallway in the same building as the school gym, but not in the gym itself.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2531
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did they break?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13256
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 4:06 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did they break? No

Post Number: 189
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 5:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you polishing them? Cleaning them? Putting them on? Throwing them to the coach? Dropping them? Playing with them? Is the relevant thing with your sunglasses in your hands during the game? Afterwards?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 535
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 1:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did he ask you whether the sunglasses were shatterproof?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13263
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you polishing them? Cleaning them? Putting them on? Throwing them to the coach? Dropping them? Playing with them? No to all, with a slight -ish to this Is the relevant thing with your sunglasses in your hands during the game? Afterwards? Before. It was an away game and we hadn't left yet.

did he ask you whether the sunglasses were shatterproof? No

Post Number: 196
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 10:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you have them in your mouth somehow?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 546
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 10:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did he ask you whether you planned on wearing them?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 547
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 10:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were the special sunglasses which would give you super powers and subsequently they were banned?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13275
Posted on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 1:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you have them in your mouth somehow? No

did he ask you whether you planned on wearing them? No

were the special sunglasses which would give you super powers and subsequently they were banned? No

HINT: Figure out the order of events.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 8:43 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please tell me if this order is correct:
1) You are about to leave for an away game. 2) You have your sunglasses in your hand. 3) Your coach makes a statement. 4) You make an FA. 5) A new security measure is implemented.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13323
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please tell me if this order is correct:
1) You are about to leave for an away game.
2) You have your sunglasses in your hand.
3) Your coach makes a statement. Do you mean the trainer? Because my coach is irrelevant.
4) You make an FA.
5) A new security measure is implemented.

The order is 1, 4, 2, 3 (the trainer, not my coach), 5.
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1223
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 2:59 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there really an away game? Or did you just think there as? Or did you think it was sunny when it wasn't and so you'd need the glasses? And then the trainer said that you would look shady with the sunglasses because it was cloudy?

If the above is all wrong, did the trainer think you were dangerous because of the sunglasses? For some other reason? Did some other person think you were dangerous? Was the security measure implemented at the school gym? In the hall? In the school as a whole? On the bus? On the baseball field? Or at the other school where you were playing? Did the trainer implement the security policy? The principal? The other school's principal? God? Jesus? Mary? Joseph? Moses? Stan? You?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13327
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 4:43 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there really an away game? Yes Or did you just think there was? LAEFTR Or did you think it was sunny when it wasn't and so you'd need the glasses? Irrel - I'm fairly certain it was sunny that day And then the trainer said that you would look shady with the sunglasses because it was cloudy? No

If the above is all wrong, did the trainer think you were dangerous because of the sunglasses? Yesish For some other reason? Did some other person think you were dangerous? Yope - see last answer Was the security measure implemented at the school gym? In the hall? On two double doors in the hallway, and this is EXTREMELY relevant In the school as a whole? On the bus? On the baseball field? Or at the other school where you were playing? Did the trainer implement the security policy? Irrelevant, but I think it was the headmaster, after the trainer...I can't continue without giving away too big of a hint. The principal? The other school's principal? God? Jesus? Mary? Joseph? Moses? Stan? You?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1184
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 9:37 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the security measure that you can't open the doors anymore? That you need a special key or security code to do so?
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2564
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 1:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the trainer think your sunglasses were something other than sunglasses?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13330
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 3:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the security measure that you can't open the doors anymore? No, but very OTRT That you need a special key or security code to do so? Noish

Did the trainer think your sunglasses were something other than sunglasses? No
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2566
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the security measure at your school? Or at the school you visited for the away game?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13333
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 5:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the security measure at your school? This - see my answers to Gregoryuconn's last post Or at the school you visited for the away game?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 585
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 5:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the measure that the doors can't swing open suddenly? or that they only open in one direction? glass windows inserted in them?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 586
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 5:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the measure that the doors can't swing open suddenly? or that they only open in one direction? glass windows inserted in them?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1224
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My High School Health teacher always said people wore sunglasses to cover up the fact that they were using drugs, and that their eyes proved it. Is this OTRT? Or very OTWT? Of course, said health teacher was probably using drugs himself, so he'd know
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13337
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 2:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the measure that the doors can't swing open suddenly? or that they only open in one direction? glass windows inserted in them? No to all

My High School Health teacher always said people wore sunglasses to cover up the fact that they were using drugs, and that their eyes proved it. Is this OTRT? Or very OTWT? The latter, but hilariously so
Of course, said health teacher was probably using drugs himself, so he'd know
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3891
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 11:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your FA lead you to take the sunglasses in your hand? Or to do something else relevant with them? Does the security measure affect how the doors: open? Close? Lock? Unlock? Relevant who implemented the measure? Does the security measure improve security? In any meaningful way?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13418
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 12:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your FA lead you to take the sunglasses in your hand? Or to do something else relevant with them? Yes to both - good q!
Does the security measure affect how the doors: open? Close? Lock? Unlock? No to all, with a slight -ish to "unlock" Relevant who implemented the measure? No Does the security measure improve security? Yes In any meaningful way? A little bit
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3898
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you wear the sunglasses before you took them in your hand? If so: did you wear them in front of your eyes? On top of your head? On your clothing? Did you carry them in a hidden place? Is the door guarded now? Or otherwise manned? Is camera surveillance involved? Or other sensors? Did you make the FA after seeing the trainer? Was the FA about something the trainer did? Or said? Does the security measure demand that you do something before going through the doors? Is it designed to prevent something from being carried past the doors? Or to prevent someone from getting past the doors?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13428
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 3:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you wear the sunglasses before you took them in your hand? Yes but irrel If so: did you wear them in front of your eyes? On top of your head? Here, I think, but irrel On your clothing? Did you carry them in a hidden place?

Is the door guarded now? Or otherwise manned? Is camera surveillance involved? Or other sensors? No to all Did you make the FA after seeing the trainer? NO - good q! Was the FA about something the trainer did? Noish Or said? No Does the security measure demand that you do something before going through the doors? Noish Is it designed to prevent something from being carried past the doors? No Or to prevent someone from getting past the doors? Yope
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3913
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the FA about something you: heard? Saw? Thought? Other people relevant? Teammates? If you hadn't made the FA, would you have kept the sunglasses where they were? Do you need to carry something in order to get past the doors? Or not carry something? Relevant where the doors lead? Does the security measure apply when going both ways through the doors? Or only one way?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13434
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was the FA about something you: heard? Saw? Thought? This, based on something I saw Other people relevant? Only the trainer Teammates? If you hadn't made the FA, would you have kept the sunglasses where they were? Yes Do you need to carry something in order to get past the doors? Yope, svv of "carry" Or not carry something? No Relevant where the doors lead? Yes Does the security measure apply when going both ways through the doors? Or only one way? Good question - only one way
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3916
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you need to: wear something? Be someone? Provide some sort of ID? Or code? Or key? Do the doors lead into the school? Into a specific area? Or room?
Did you see: an object? A mirror? Another person? Did you think you had to give away the sunglasses? Or show them to someone? Or do something else with them, besides carry them in your hand? Would it have worked with regular glasses? Did this happen inside? Outside?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13441
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you need to: wear something? Be someone? Provide some sort of ID? Or code? Or key? Not "some key" - you need an actual key. But more information is needed. Do the doors lead into the school? Into a specific area? Or room?
Did you see: an object? This - I saw something about the doors. A mirror? Another person? Did you think you had to give away the sunglasses? Or show them to someone? No to these Or do something else with them, besides carry them in your hand? I did do something else with them... Would it have worked with regular glasses? Yes Did this happen inside? This Outside?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13448
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

RECAP:

I was in my school hallway on my way to a baseball game when I noticed something about the doors to the trainer's office. I then unintentionally did something to the doors; this, plus what I had seen, gave me a false assumption.

I then took my sunglasses and did something with them. Something then happened and the trainer talked to me. The next day (I think), a new security measure was implemented involving unlocking the doors.

I think that's everything so far. That should help.

Post Number: 3677
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You...unintentionally unlocked the doors, maybe?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13450
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You...unintentionally unlocked the doors, maybe? No - almost the opposite.

Post Number: 3680
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

unintentionally locked them? or intentionally unlocked them?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13451
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

unintentionally locked them? This - the door had been open a crack, and I bumped it closed. The doors lock automatically when they close (that's not the security measure; they've always been like that). or intentionally unlocked them?

Post Number: 3681
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops...yeah, you did say you unintentionally did something. *sighs at self*

What you had seen...the doors?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13454
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oops...yeah, you did say you unintentionally did something. *sighs at self*

What you had seen...the doors? That they were open a crack, yes.

Oh, and it's important that they were double doors.

Post Number: 3683
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The FA...that they opened inward? Outward? When they opened the other direction than the one you thought?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13455
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The FA...that they opened inward? Outward? When they opened the other direction than the one you thought? No to all
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1268
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think the trainer was in his office? was not? Was he?

Did you try to open the doors with your sunglasses?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13456
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think the trainer was in his office? No... was not? ...but Yes! Was he? Yes!

Did you try to open the doors with your sunglasses? Yes...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13457
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:04 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think the trainer was in his office? No... was not? ...but Yes! Was he? Yes!

Did you try to open the doors with your sunglasses? Yes...
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1269
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you more or less locked the poor guy in his office? Did you realise that before you tried to open the doors again? Did you open them again? Did the trainer realise that he had been locked in his office?

Why does my spell check underline "realise"? My British spelling and I officially feel discriminated against.

Post Number: 3684
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So was that the FA (that the trainer was out, when he was in?)

And he came to the door when you were trying to pry them open?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13460
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 3:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So you more or less locked the poor guy in his office? Yes, but the doors can be opened from the inside. Did you realise that before you tried to open the doors again? No... Did you open them again? YES!! Did the trainer realise that he had been locked in his office? He knew the doors had been closed, yes

Why does my spell check underline "realise"? My British spelling and I officially feel discriminated against. Shame on the spell-check.

So was that the FA (that the trainer was out, when he was in?) Yes

And he came to the door when you were trying to pry them open? Not quite, and an FA
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2584
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you use your sunglasses to open them? Did doing so make the trainer realize that it was really easy to break into the double doors? Is the security measure a reaction to the ease with which you reopened the doors?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 621
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

or did the sound of you scrabbling on the d oors with your sunglasses alert him to the fact that you'd accidentaly locked the door from outside?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13465
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you use your sunglasses to open them? Did doing so make the trainer realize that it was really easy to break into the double doors? Is the security measure a reaction to the ease with which you reopened the doors? Yes to all - to save you from having to nitpick specific details, here's the

**********SPOILER**********

In the hallway before one baseball game, I noticed the trainer's door was open a crack and accidentally bumped it closed. Knowing the door locks automatically from the outside, I assumed that the room was empty and the door had been kept open to prevent someone from being locked out. However, the doors were double doors, and although the lock "curved" on the inside of the door (by which I mean, the flat side of the lock faced outside and the curved side faced inside), the gap between the two was wide enough that it was easy to slip something thin (a card, for example) in between the doors and force the lock back. I didn't have a card, but I did have my sunglasses, so I used one of the temple arms to pick the lock. I was actually surprised that it actually worked...and apparently, so was the trainer, who was inside his office at the time. He pulled me inside and gave me a stern warning (I didn't get in trouble though), and the next day, the school put large metal plates over the part of the gap where the lock was, making it much harder (but still doable, IMO) to pick the lock on that door.

Side note: They put the plates on the door to the equipment room, which had the same type of lock and door as the trainer's room. A while before, I had been caught picking that one too (using a thin plastic card with a Bible verse on it) - so that we could get everything out for baseball practice. Luckily, I didn't get in trouble then either.

OK, long $poyler over. Excellent work everyone - and there were a lot of you who worked on this one. Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: