[Eli] Not so difficult choice Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - April 2011 » [Eli] Not so difficult choice « Previous Next »

Eli (Eli)
Username: Eli

Post Number: 1984
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 3:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found it very easy to choose between them, and it seems a lot of people were thinking like me. On the other hand, I can understand that she wasn't happy with the situation.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1219
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I = you, Eli?
she = H/A/F? someone you know? A relative? friend? co-worker? boss? acquaintance?

"them" - tangible things? options? are there two? more than two?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2571
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is "she" one of "them"? One of "a lot of people"?
Vesica (Vesica)
Username: Vesica

Post Number: 766
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 7:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

" it seems a lot of people were thinking like me" - In that they also found the choice easy?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 600
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it some sort of election?

or another kind of vote? a TV show?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1987
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 10:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

I = you, Eli? Yes
she = H/A/F? Yes someone you know? A relative? friend? co-worker? boss? acquaintance? No to all

"them" - tangible things? No options? Yope are there two? Yes more than two? In theory there are more than two, but in this case I, and seemingly others as well, concentrated on these two. But others might have chosen neither of them.

Noel (Noel)

Is "she" one of "them"? Yes One of "a lot of people"? so no

Vesica (Vesica)

" it seems a lot of people were thinking like me" - In that they also found the choice easy? I don't know if they found it equally easy, but I think so and at least they made the same choice

Shez (Shez)

was it some sort of election? No

or another kind of vote? No a TV show? But TV shows are relevant.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1245
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2011 - 10:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was it some sort of TV talent show? Some other TV show where you can vote for/against people? Was she a contestant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 786
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 12:12 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She:
Not chosen?
Involved in the choice?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1988
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 12:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana (Doriana)

Was it some sort of TV talent show? Some other TV show where you can vote for/against people? Was she a contestant? No to all. Talent shows are not relevant, and no voting either. But some other sort of reality shows are.

Vesica (Vesica)

She:
Not chosen? This. She was chosen by some, but far fewer than she had hoped for.
Involved in the choice? Nope
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 13403
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 1:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is any sort of election relevant? Nominations relevant?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1990
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is any sort of election relevant? Nominations relevant? No to both
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1251
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she on the relevant TV show?

Was it a game show? dating show? talk show? cooking show? a show where they renovate people's homes? a makeover show? Supernanny? a documentary?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1993
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she on the relevant TV show? Yes, she was in one of them.

Was it a game show? dating show? talk show? cooking show? a show where they renovate people's homes? a makeover show? Supernanny? a documentary? The one 'she' was in, is neither. The other one could best be described as a documentary, I guess.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 817
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your choice have any impact on the outcome?
The others that agreed with you?
Or was it more of an opinion about a choice made by another person(s)?

Is she voted off the island?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1255
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she a famous person? Is she the host of the show? The show that she's on - Is it a show that is broadcast daily? weekly? monthly? only once?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1995
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 4:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did your choice have any impact on the outcome? My choice specifically? No, I was just one of 1.7 million who made the same choice on that occasion
The others that agreed with you? Hmm, just in the sense that we all made the same choice. If the choice hadn't been there, 'she' might have had a slightly different result.
Or was it more of an opinion about a choice made by another person(s)? No

Is she voted off the island? There is no voting involved. But maybe you could call it a competition of sorts?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1257
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you make your choice via phone? on the internet? via text message? simple by watching the show?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 1999
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 6:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you make your choice via phone? on the internet? via text message? simple by watching the show? This, no to rest
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 825
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 6:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your choice to watch one show over another?
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3880
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 7:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did lots of people choose to watch another show rather than hers? And she was disappointed? Or angry? Can it be called "her" show? Did what happened to her depend on the number of viewers? Was her show canceled?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2002
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 8:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was your choice to watch one show over another? Yes, that's it! But also, technically, because of the nature of the shows, you would 'chose' one person above the other. Since you need a bit of special knowledge to find out the details, I'll finish it in a couple of minutes.
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2003
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did lots of people choose to watch another show rather than hers? Yes And she was disappointed? Yes Or angry? Not angry I belive, but disappointed probably Can it be called "her" show? Sure, but it might cause confusion if you guys want to continue playing, lol Did what happened to her depend on the number of viewers? Nothing bad has happened really, except low ratings Was her show canceled? Not yet, and it might be doing better at the moment. Circumstances has changed a bit.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13411
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 9:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do you know her? Was she making a guest appearance?

BTW, your most recent post on this puzzle matches your year of registration. I just found that a bit interesting.
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2006
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 10:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're right, didn't see that before you pointed it out. And I'm amazed I don't have more postings, lol

Do you know her? Was she making a guest appearance? No to both
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3888
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 10:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Politics relevant? Is she a celebrity? If so: local? Countrywide? Worldwide? Was the other program of a similar nature?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2007
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 10:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Politics relevant? Not at all Is she a celebrity? Yes, definitely If so: local? No Countrywide? Yes, but known in more than one country Worldwide? Not quite this well known, I am not sure how well people in the US will know her, for instance. Was the other program of a similar nature? Not as such, as one would definitely be a reality show, the other verging on documentary, but there were two things about the shows that would sort of be strong similarities.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13413
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 11:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she known throughout most of Europe? Parts of Europe?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2011
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 11:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she known throughout most of Europe? Parts of Europe? She is well known in the UK and Ireland (she is British), and I know that at least some people back home (Norway) would know her by her 'artist' name. And I would use the term artist VERY loosely. How well known she is other places I couldn't tell.
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3893
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 11:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was another person happy so many people watched the other program? Were two programs having some sort of competition? Two TV channels? Did she lose money? Relevant? Hype relevant? Advertising? Relevant exactly what the other program was about?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3664
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 11:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is she a royal? Noble?
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2012
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 12:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk (Galfisk)

Was another person happy so many people watched the other program? I should think so, yes Were two programs having some sort of competition? Not intentionally, but the similarities made even media talk about 'The battle of the two XXX' Two TV channels? The shows were on different channels. Did she lose money? I guess the best answer there is Yope Relevant? Yes, that is why she was not happy. Hype relevant? well, many people would say she herself is hyped up, lol Advertising? No Relevant exactly what the other program was about? Yes

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)

Is she a royal? Noble? No to both
Galfisk (Galfisk)

Post Number: 3904
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 12:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the other program about her in any way? Relevant what the reality show was about? Was it a competition?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 606
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 1:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does she sing? dance? act? cook?

was the link just the fact that the programme times clashed? or is there more to it? is her name relevant? or the thing that she's famous for?

is it Katy Price? aka jordan? there was another programme on at the same time called something like Katy's friends?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 856
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 3:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Too funny re: Katy Price! I'm not even from UK, but I had been sitting here thinking "Who is that UK chick that Graham Norton is always making fun of? She's famous mostly for being famous? Anyone...Katie something...
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 612
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm glad you get G Norton in your part of the planet. I had wondered whether his humour would travel well - especially when you see the reaction of some of his US guests when he tips people back off their chair!
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2015
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk (Galfisk)

Was the other program about her in any way? No, only one program was about her/she Relevant what the reality show was about? Yes, it was about her, a fly-on-the-wall reality show about a self-obsessed women (see below, lol) Was it a competition? Neither of the shows were competitions

Shez (Shez)

does she sing? dance? act? cook? No to all

was the link just the fact that the programme times clashed? No or is there more to it? Yes, there is is her name relevant? Yupp or the thing that she's famous for? That too. But to my opinion, she isn't famous for anything that has value (I know, it is a bit bitchy, but see below, lol).

is it Katy Price? aka jordan? YES!!! there was another programme on at the same time called something like Katy's friends? And yes again.

and that is enough for a

********************SPOILER**********************

I was referring to what some news articles have called 'The Battle of the Katies' (http://tellymix.co.uk/2011/ratings/28583-katie-price-dips-to-300000-viewers-in-the-ratings-battle-between-two-katies.html).

Katie Price, aka Jordan, a former glamour model, totally self obsessed, living her life in the eyes of the media, has a fly-on-the-wall TV-series, filming everything she does (at one stage she was even considering bringing the TV team to a friend's wedding! Or at least so the magazines said). She has had several breast augmentations, and various other cosmetic surgery to "enhance" her looks, none of them of medical reasons. When I said I used the term artist loosely it is because she claims to be a writer, having had several childrens' books published, yet she hasn't penned even one of them. She comes up with an idea for a story line, and someone else has to 'fill in the details'. This is something she has openly admitted.

The other Katie is Katie Piper, a couragous woman that was left severely disfigured after an ex-boyfriend got a friend of his to throw sulphuric acid in her face. The acid ate most of the left side of her face, leaving her blind on the left eye and she had to have several skin grafts and other cosmetic surgery to rebuild her face, make her able to close her eyes, etc. After a TV documentary, Katie: My beautiful face, she started a charity to put focus on the way we treat people with facial disfigurements, Katie Piper Foundation (http://www.katiepiperfoundation.org.uk/). To document the start of the charity, Channel 4, made a four part series called Katie: My Beautiful Friends. In this show she visits other people with disfigurements due to burns, scalds, genetic diseases, etc, to ask them to become ambassadors for the charity. The patron of Katie Piper Foundation is Simon cowell.

On the opening night (both shows started on the same date and timeslot), Katie Piper's My Beautiful Friends, had 1.7 million viewers, while the glamour model Jordan had less than 500,000. And during one of the episodes her viewer rating was down to 260,000.

The reason why Jordan/Katie Price might not be so happy with this situation, is that her fortune is based on selling herself. She has to be in the media's eyes in order for people to want to buy the products she is endorsing.

But it seems that many thought like me, and followed the couragous Katie Piper in her quest to raise awareness for her charity and people with facial disfigurements, instead of self obsessed look-at-me Katie Price.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 616
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

excellent! I didn't realise the press had picked up on it, but I did notice the juxtaposition myself, because there were lots of trailers for both programmes and I started getting confused - especially since I couldn't see why anyone would have any interest in Katy Price's friends, who surely must be as vacuous as she is. excellent scheduling there!
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 866
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 7:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Very interesting!

And Shez - I am not sure I am the target demographic to judge if Graham Norton's humor travels well. I don't understand some of the jokes that are based on UK-products or slang and I always watch with closed captions on so I can read what I didn't catch aurally.

But - I also have a lot of exposure to all things Brit (and am sort of a raging Anglophile) so I sometimes have to explain things in Dr. Who to my friends. Too many years of mainlining BBC and streamed UK shows/films etc. Also,the PBS obsession when I was in elementary school probably helped.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 629
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 8:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and I'm thrilled to e-meet a raging Anglophile!
Eli (Eli)

Post Number: 2034
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So nice to find like minded Who-vians in here, lol. It is amazing and I am soooo looking forward to the next episode on Saturday.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: