(Vesica) Straight to the Source Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2011 » (Vesica) Straight to the Source « Previous Next »

Vesica (Vesica)
Username: Vesica

Post Number: 872
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 3:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For years, I have been purchasing something intended to be a substitute for something else. There was no legal, financial, or physical barrier to me purchasing the original. So why didnít I?
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2635
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 3:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Food relevant? Vegetarianism?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 875
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 4:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Food relevant? Yes
Vegetarianism? But not this.
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 1697
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you, in fact, intending to use the thing you bought as a substitute for the other? or did it have a different use for you?

Is the replacement healthier? Are you allergic to the original?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 877
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 5:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you, in fact, intending to use the thing you bought as a substitute for the other? In a way.
or did it have a different use for you? Nope, same general use.

Is the replacement healthier? No
Are you allergic to the original? No
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3759
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 6:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you substituting an ingredient in a recipe with something else?

Would the original food be found on the "food pyramid" in:
Grain?
Fruit?
Vegetable?
Meat?
Dairy?
Other?

Same q's for the substitute food.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 878
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you substituting an ingredient in a recipe with something else? No

Would the original food be found on the "food pyramid" in:
Grain?
Fruit?
Vegetable?
Meat? Closest to this, but be careful as I could answer YES to all of these.
Dairy?
Other?

Same q's for the substitute food. Same answer.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 13621
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 7:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vitamins relevant?

Were you planning to eat the "substitute item"?

Post Number: 3762
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 7:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Might the original item be a cheezburgur? :-D the substitute item?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1301
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 7:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kaylee kitteh an teh cheezburgurz - a neveredning story :D

Is the original food a fresh item? frozen? processed? Same questions for the substitute.

Do you still buy the substitute? The original thing? Neither?

Post Number: 3764
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 7:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Kaylee kitteh an teh cheezburgurz - a neveredning story :D" yez, iz...Kaylee kitteh luffz cheezburgurz, haz nawt had recentlee. must haz moar soon.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 885
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin
Vitamins relevant? Nope
Were you planning to eat the "substitute item"? Yes

Kayleetonkslupin
Might the original item be a cheezburgur? :-D the substitute item?
Hee! You and the 'cheezburgur'. Oddly, I didn't write this puzzle with you in mind but...YES-ISH for both original and sub.

Doriana
Is the original food a fresh item?
frozen? processed? Same questions for the substitute.
Um, for both - 'fresh' when I got them, probably processed and likely frozen before I got them.

Do you still buy the substitute? No actually...
The original thing? Yes to this though.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1304
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yesish for cheeseburgers - is cheese relevant? burgers? burger buns? lettuce? tomatoes? other vegetables? sauces? spices?

Did you know that you were buying a subsitute? Maybe you thought you bought cheese but instead you got cheese analogues?

Post Number: 3766
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

a hamburger? a burger made with other meat than beef (chicken, fish, etc.)?
a gourmet cheeseburger (such as you might find at Red Robin?)

a fast food meal (cheezburgur, fries/other side, drink?)

did you get teh cheezburgur from one place, and now get it from a different place (but now you've gone back to the first one, judging by ansur to doriana?)
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 886
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana
Yesish for cheeseburgers - is cheese relevant? Only that both the sub and original had "add cheese" options.
burgers? This one.

Did you know that you were buying a subsitute? YOPE
Maybe you thought you bought cheese but instead you got cheese analogues? Not like this.

Kayleetonkslupin
a hamburger? Both are burgers.
a burger made with other meat than beef (chicken, fish, etc.)? Nope.
a gourmet cheeseburger (such as you might find at Red Robin?) Nope, but may I just say "Yuuuuum!".

a fast food meal (cheezburgur, fries/other side, drink?) No, but OTRT

did you get teh cheezburgur from one place, and now get it from a different place (but now you've gone back to the first one, judging by ansur to doriana?)
No b/c of an FA here.

HINT:{I realized after I posted this that I'm using the word "substitute" with a specific connotation that might not be obvious at first glance.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2638
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 8:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are two different restaurants relevant? One restaurant and a homemade burger? Specific types of beef/beef type meats? If so, extra lean? Angus? bison? Meat plus some sort of filler?

Post Number: 3768
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 9:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

o noez! FAs iz nawt gud! Kaylee kitteh no likez dem. :-( Can we plz haz sumthing tu cleer up?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 888
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are two different restaurants relevant? Yes
One restaurant and a homemade burger? No

Specific types of beef/beef type meats? No...
If so, extra lean? Angus? bison? Meat plus some sort of filler? ..and thus no.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13636
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 12:41 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the quality of the burger relevant? Size? Taste?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 893
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 12:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the quality of the burger relevant? No
Size? No
Taste? Yes
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13646
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:00 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Do they taste the same? Do they taste like burger?

Post Number: 3775
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well I hopez so! I hopez dey iz nawt tastez liek kitteh or sumthin... ;_;
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2646
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:13 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are either of the burgers at a bar? A sports bar/bar-and-grill (e.g. Applebees, TGIFridays) specifically? A diner? A cafeteria? A concession stand?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 899
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin
Do they taste the same? Sort of.
Do they taste like burger? Yes

Noel
Are either of the burgers at a bar? No
A sports bar/bar-and-grill (e.g. Applebees, TGIFridays) specifically? No
A diner? No
A cafeteria? No
A concession stand? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13650
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fast food relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 903
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:02 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fast food relevant? Yes

Post Number: 3776
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are any of these relevant:
McDonald's?
Burger King?
Jack in the Box?
Wendy's?
In-N-Out Burger?
Carl's Jr.?
Five Guys?
A&W?
Sonic?
White Castle?
Bob's Big Boy?
(Any I missed out?)
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 907
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

McDonald's?
Burger King? These two.

Post Number: 3777
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 5:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

kaylee kitteh preferz mcdonaldz...and in n owt burgur.

Was McDonald's the original choice? Was Burger King?
Was McDonald's the substitute? Was Burger King?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 675
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it an ethical reason? for example the company's record on rain forests?

was it the choice of packaging?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 908
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:42 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kayleetonkslupin
kaylee kitteh preferz mcdonaldz...and in n owt burgur.We don't have In N Out burger on the east coast. BooHoo!!

Was McDonald's the original choice? FA
Was Burger King? Same FA
Was McDonald's the substitute? Yes
Was Burger King? No

Shez
Was it an ethical reason? No
For example the company's record on rain forests? No

Was it the choice of packaging? No

HINT: Anyone done any work in Economics with reference to substitutes? It would help here...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13657
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

No, we don't, but we do have Five Guys. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Was the "original" a burger?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 912
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the "original" a burger? Both were burgers with "add cheese" options.
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3957
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the original also bought at a burger joint? Or was it homemade? Or made somewhere else?
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2654
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

By substitute, do you mean that the McD's burger was intended to be like/mimic BK's burger? In much the same way that McD's southern-style chicken sandwich is a intended as copycat of a Chick-Fil-A sandwich (although in reality the McD's so-style chicken don't actually taste anything like Chick-Fil-A's, they just look alike)?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 915
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk
Was the original also bought at a burger joint? Yes, the two places in question are MickeyDs and BK
Or was it homemade? Or made somewhere else? No to these

Noel
By substitute, do you mean that the McD's burger was intended to be like/mimic BK's burger? YES! Exactly like this.

In much the same way that McD's southern-style chicken sandwich is a intended as copycat of a Chick-Fil-A sandwich (although in reality the McD's so-style chicken don't actually taste anything like Chick-Fil-A's, they just look alike)? Pretty much...though since I don't care for either sandwhich, the "substitute" is rather lost on me in that case.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2655
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't remember the last time I've eaten at either restaurant, and I never, ever order burgers at either one, so I have no idea if these two sandwiches are similar to one another, but...

Big Mac relevant? Whopper?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 918
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Big Mac relevant? No
Whopper? Yes

Post Number: 3778
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:28 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Big'N'Tasty relevant?

Post Number: 3779
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Or perhaps the Quarter Pounder (with cheez. Mmm, cheezburgur. I did not haz last nite =( *iz sad kitteh* *still wantz*)
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 923
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 5:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Big'N'Tasty relevant? YES!

So, Big'N'Tasty was the sub and the Whopper the original.

So why didn't I buy any Big'N'Tastys over the years instead of just getting a Whopper?

Post Number: 3780
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 5:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you didn't want to? Because they weren't available to you?

my mommee kitteh worked at BK for a while. her descriptions of working in dere made me nawt liek teh BK. Kaylee kitteh preferz McD oar in n owt. Nao we haz five guyz neerby. haz nawt had ocazion tu tri it tho.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 924
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 5:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Because you didn't want to? No
Because they weren't available to you? A little of this, for years I did not live very close to a BK, but there was another more important reason.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13669
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 6:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is their name relevant? The cost? Toppings?

fiev giz iz guuuuuuud.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2657
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 8:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did a family member or friend really like something at McD's? So since you were going there anyway with that person, you ordered their version of the burger?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 925
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 9:29 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin
Is their name relevant? No
The cost? No
Toppings? No

Noel
Did a family member or friend really like something at McD's? No
So since you were going there anyway with that person, you ordered their version of the burger?
No, but this is OTRT in that at McD's the Big'N'Tasty was my preferred order if I was getting a burger.

Post Number: 3788
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

o hai Vesica...am rereading and feel like a losted kitteh. Must be lack of cheezburgurz hear. We can haz recat, plz? =)
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 932
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A RECAP, as requested by the lovely Kaylee kitteh.

For years, I have been purchasing something intended to be a substitute for something else. There was no legal, financial, or physical barrier to me purchasing the original. So why didnít I?

For years Iíd purchased the BigíNíTasty at McDonaldís, which was intended to be like Burger Kingís Whopper.

So why didnít I just buy a Whopper instead of the BigíNíTasty?

It was not because of:
- Ethical reasons
- The product packaging
- The cost of the burgers
- The toppings
- Someone else preferring McDs and dragging me there.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 720
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is McD's closer to your office/school/home than BK?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 935
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:46 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is McD's closer to your office/school/home than BK? For many years, McD's was closer, but that's not the main reason.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 724
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 3:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you fancy someone in McD's?

or had something really embarassing happened to you in BK?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 940
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did you fancy someone in McD's?

or had something really embarassing happened to you in BK? No to both
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 727
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had you won a year's supply of McD's in a contest? or were you getting a staff discount?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 944
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had you won a year's supply of McD's in a contest? or were you getting a staff discount? No to all

The answer is really pretty simple as to why I didn't buy the original.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 731
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had they stopped selling them?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 946
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had they stopped selling them? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13701
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Value meals relevant? Fries?

Did you go with people who prefered McD's?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 957
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:15 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Value meals relevant? No
Fries? No
Did you go with people who prefered McD's? No

Over the years, I bought the Big'N'Tasty both alone and with others.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 737
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had you not previously tried the Whopper?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 961
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

had you not previously tried the Whopper? I had.

HINT: While the Big'n'Tasty disappeared from menu boards in January 2011, I could not have posted this puzzle until earlier this month.
Noel (Noel)

Post Number: 2673
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 1:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you not know it was supposed to be a substitute for the Whopper?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 969
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 2:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you not know it was supposed to be a substitute for the Whopper? YES!!

You know what on the way!
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 970
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

***** SPOILER *****

As of January 1, 2011, the Big NíTasty was removed from McDonaldís menu. Not being a frequent guest at McDonaldís, I didnít really notice until some months later. It wasnít until I found information about the sandwich on the Internet that I discovered that the burger was devised to resemble Burger Kingís Whopper.

Noel mentioned McDonaldís Southern Style Chicken, which is a pretty obvious answer to Chick-fil-Aís signature sandwich and much like that comparison (why order the McDís version unless you canít get to Chick-fil-A??), when I think about the two burgers, thereís NO competition. If Iím going to eat that many calories, I want a Whopper. I just never realized the two sandwiches had anything to do with each other.

Now that I know itís actually pretty funny. If given the choice, I highly prefer BK and I think itís amusing the McDís burger I liked best was the one modeled on another chainís signature burger.

Post Number: 3790
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 2:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

well, obviously we haz diffrunt taste in cheezburgurz, Vesica...but wuz awsum puzzel anywai! :-D *had cheezburgur at zoo yesterday* :-) gud work vesica kitteh!
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 973
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 3:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I wouldn't say that ANY fast food cheezeburgur is my nosh of choice, but there are ones I prefer over others. :D

Post Number: 3791
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 5:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:D Also, iz no Chick-fil-A in Kaylee kitteh's direction, Ithinkso. *doez not knoez of it* But mabee iz coming soon? *Did not haz five guyz until recentlee, and nao haz, but haz not tried yet*
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13721
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 6:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Being down in North Carolina (but only for a few more days; summer starts soon!), there's a Chick-fil-A almost everywhere. There's even one on Elon's campus.

Post Number: 3793
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, there is not one here, but there is one in Oakland, and apparently one in Fairfield, so they exist in California at least. Still. *Does not go to Oakland, it is not fun* Fairfield has the Jelly Belly factory. Perhaps I shall find it next time I go there.

Post Number: 3794
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 6:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Huh. *Re-checked website* Google had it wrong. Not Oakland. But Fairfield was right. And Sacramento, apparently. Hrm. Well, anyway, apparently they were or are going to put one here, but there isn't one yet. Who knows...

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: