(Vesica) If X, then Llama Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2011 » (Vesica) If X, then Llama « Previous Next »

Vesica (Vesica)
Username: Vesica

Post Number: 873
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 3:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This one will likely be a quick one. Also, it should be said right up front this is based on a joke, not a true scrund. Do we have a word for a deliberate misunderstanding?

I know the two events were not related, but current events are a lot more entertaining if I choose to believe they were.
Noel (Noel)
Username: Noel

Post Number: 2636
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 4:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Current events = the Royal wedding? Bin Laden's death? Tornadoes? Flooding? Some other natural disaster?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 876
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 4:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Current events = the Royal wedding? This one
Bin Laden's death? And this one.

Tornadoes? Flooding? Some other natural disaster? No to these.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3760
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 6:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant that Bin Laden died after the Royal Wedding took place? Would it work if the events had taken place in reverse order?

Relevant that various countries' royal families were represented at the wedding? Is the fact that Bin Laden did not get an invitation relevant? *snort* (As though they would invite him...)

Relevant that 2 billion people were expected to watch the royal wedding? That Bin Laden apparently did not have a TV? Or Internet? And therefore missed it? (Ha.)
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 879
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 6:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant that Bin Laden died after the Royal Wedding took place? Yes
Would it work if the events had taken place in reverse order? NO (good Q)

Relevant that various countries' royal families were represented at the wedding? No
Is the fact that Bin Laden did not get an invitation relevant? No
*snort* (As though they would invite him...) Well, it would have made it VERY easy to find him if he had attended.

Relevant that 2 billion people were expected to watch the royal wedding? No
That Bin Laden apparently did not have a TV? No
Or Internet? And therefore missed it? No (Ha.)
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 13622
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 7:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a punt: Is a certain Facebook page relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 887
Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On a punt: Is a certain Facebook page relevant? Not that I know of...You mean like MY FB page?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13637
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 12:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant the page "And that's how the US outdoes a royal wedding" or something like that. Is that relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 894
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 12:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I meant the page "And that's how the US outdoes a royal wedding" or something like that. Ah I see, No

Is that relevant? The outdoing, No
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 895
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 12:56 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Though I will say your question threw me, Balin, as this joke started on Facebook, though to the best of my knowledge, none of you are friends with me there...
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13647
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:01 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the joke claim that bin Laden's death was caused by the royal wedding somehow?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 900
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the joke claim that bin Laden's death was caused by the royal wedding somehow? Yope, explore.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13651
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:57 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would bin Laden have been caught, had the royal wedding not happen? (Again, this is according to the joke, as are all subsequent questions.)
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 904
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would bin Laden have been caught, had the royal wedding not happened? Um...Irrelevant/Out of Scope.

Earlier, Kaylee asked these questions (which I could answer):

Relevant that Bin Laden died after the Royal Wedding took place? Yes
Would it work if the events had taken place in reverse order? NO (good Q)
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3948
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 9:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

According to the joke, did the wedding cause him to get caught? Would the joke work if he had been caught alive? Is the internet relevant (other than that the joke was on the internet)? News media relevant?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 676
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 9:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is the joke that he sent a present? congratulations?
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 3413
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 10:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the fact that William & Kate (yummy) did not go on honeymoon relevant?

Are any guests at the wedding relevant? Elton John?

Not sure I should ask this but is the furore about Pippa Middleton's rather nice posterior relevant?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 679
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose it was your "friend" who pointed that out Peter
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3414
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 11:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose it was your "friend" who pointed that out Peter Lol I must have a word with him about his worrying obsession with the Middleton sisters.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 909
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 1:50 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Galfisk
According to the joke, did the wedding cause him to get caught? Not directly, No
Would the joke work if he had been caught alive? Yes, with a slight "ish".
Is the internet relevant (other than that the joke was on the internet)? No
News media relevant? No

Shez
Is the joke that he sent a present? No
congratulations? No

Peter365
Is the fact that William & Kate (yummy) did not go on honeymoon relevant? No, but OTRT
Are any guests at the wedding relevant? No
Elton John? No

Not sure I should ask this but is the furore about Pippa Middleton's rather nice posterior relevant? No
(and there was furore? I mean, I had the thought 'Wow, Pippa is kind of upstaging the bride because she looks pretty amazing in that dress'.)

Shez
I suppose it was your "friend" who pointed that out Peter
Ha! Hey, I'm a straight woman and even I'm not blaming imaginary friends for pointing out that Pippa looked smokin' hot. ;)
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13658
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any music played at the wedding relevant?

If the wedding had not been the royal one, would the joke still work? If it had been a wedding that was well-publicized? Between celebrities? An ordinary wedding between your average two people?
Gregoryuconn (Gregoryuconn)
Username: Gregoryuconn

Post Number: 1267
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Adding to Balin's above post, if it had been a different British Royal wedding, for instance Princess Diana's, would it work? Some other wedding between a male British royal guy and a woman who isn't royal? A royal wedding involving royalty from another country? And to explore a hypothetical Diana wedding more:
If Diana were alive and had gotten marrried a couple weeks ago instead of Prince William, would it have worked?
If bin Laden had been killed shortly after her actual wedding (before 9/11)
If William and Kate had gotten married on Diana's wedding day instead of her and bin Laden had died shortly after.

I typed "hate" instead of "Kate" above, but corrected myself. Freudian slip?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 685
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it to do with Wills' job as a helicopter pilot?

or honeymooning in Pakistan?

or getting a plane almost anywhere following the events of 9/11?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3417
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 2:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace relevant? The fact that they kissed twice.

Anything to do with the fact that Obama watched the killing of OBL as it happened?

As an aside the aforementioned nice posterior has it's own Facebook appreciation page - and no neither I or my "friend" have joined....yet
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 916
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin
Any music played at the wedding relevant? No
If the wedding had not been the royal one, would the joke still work? Maybe?*
If it had been a wedding that was well-publicized? Maybe?*
Between celebrities? Maybe?*
An ordinary wedding between your average two people? I suppose, but very few people would get the joke so then the joke itself would not work.

Gregoryuconn
Adding to Balin's above post, if it had been a different British Royal wedding, for instance Princess Diana's, would it work? Maybe?*
Some other wedding between a male British royal guy and a woman who isn't royal? Maybe?*
A royal wedding involving royalty from another country? Maybe?*

And to explore a hypothetical Diana wedding more: You certainly can but I don't think it's helping...
If Diana were alive and had gotten marrried a couple weeks ago instead of Prince William, would it have worked? Maybe?*
If bin Laden had been killed shortly after her actual wedding (before 9/11)? I suppose, but we are getting very close to the joke making NO sense.
If William and Kate had gotten married on Diana's wedding day instead of her and bin Laden had died shortly after. It would still work given some other variables.

Shez
is it to do with Wills' job as a helicopter pilot? Yes, in a very round about way.
or honeymooning in Pakistan? Um, no. They didn't.
or getting a plane almost anywhere following the events of 9/11? No, totally irrel.

Peter365
Kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace relevant? Nope.
The fact that they kissed twice. No, but that me go "Awwwwww.

Anything to do with the fact that Obama watched the killing of OBL as it happened? No

*I am doing my best on these questions about "would the joke work if...", but we determined really early on that the joke is specifically about Will & Kate and their recent wedding...so in a sort of fundamental sense, No - It won't work without those details, because it absoutely involves those details, specifically.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 917
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, how about a quick RECAP because wow are we wandering far afield here.

I know the two events were not related, but current events are a lot more entertaining if I choose to believe they were.

- Based on a joke.
- The two events are the Royal Wedding and Bin Laden’s death
- It is relevant that Bin Laden died AFTER the wedding
- The joke claims that Bin Laden’s death was Yope-ishly caused by the Royal Wedding
- The joke works if Bin Laden had been captured alive
- The joke does not pertain to wedding guests, wedding music or Pippa
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3418
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:31 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is there some play on words involved in the joke? a pun?

Will & Kate's wedding vows relevant?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1309
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant that the Obamas weren't invited to the wedding?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3419
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 3:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the fact that there was a bank holiday in the UK at time of the wedding relevant.

This would mean there was no garbage collection over that weekend so Americans were the only ones to take out the bin .
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 921
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Peter365
Is there some play on words involved in the joke? No
a pun? Absolutely NOT! (I hate puns muchly.)

Will & Kate's wedding vows relevant? Nope

Doriana
Is it relevant that the Obamas weren't invited to the wedding? No, no guests or non-guests are relevant.

Peter365
Is the fact that there was a bank holiday in the UK at time of the wedding relevant. Nope (and I did not know that.)

This would mean there was no garbage collection over that weekend so Americans were the only ones to take out the bin.
Well, yes, for those few that have collection on Saturdays.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 690
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 4:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no puns Peter!
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13670
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 6:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are Will & Kate's names relevant? Their titles?

Bin Laden's hideout relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 926
Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are Will & Kate's names relevant? No
Their titles? No
Bin Laden's hideout relevant? No
Galfisk (Galfisk)
Username: Galfisk

Post Number: 3965
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant: the country where Bin Laden was captured?
The people who did it?
The country who did it?
The US president?
UK politics?
Does the joke say anything about:
How they found out where Bin Laden was?
Who found out?
Who gave the order to go get him?
Why the order was given?
The actions of Bin Laden at the time of the wedding? Or after the wedding?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 930
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant: the country where Bin Laden was captured?
The people who did it? No
The country who did it? Yes-ish
The US president? No
UK politics? No

Does the joke say anything about:
How they found out where Bin Laden was? No
Who found out? No
Who gave the order to go get him? No
Why the order was given? No
The actions of Bin Laden at the time of the wedding? No
Or after the wedding? No, not Bin Landen's...
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 931
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER ALERT!!

The people who did it? No YES-ish
The country who did it? Yes-ish No
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 718
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did it claim that the people who did it had called in at the wedding on the way?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 934
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 2:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did it claim that the people who did it had called in at the wedding on the way? Yope
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)
Username: Ixoye724

Post Number: 3228
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 3:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello...

So, according to the joke, once the wedding took place the capture/death of UBL was not simply coincidence?

Are the US Navy Seals relevant?
The British Royal Navy?
Other military/armed services?
Is it relevant that helicopters were involved with the strike on the compound?
Does the joke imply that William was in Pakistan prior to the wedding? After the wedding?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 3229
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 3:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Another thought...is it relevant that the 2 recent PM's of Britain were not at the wedding?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 941
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 3:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ixoye724
So, according to the joke, once the wedding took place the capture/death of UBL was not simply coincidence? Yes, sort of

Are the US Navy Seals relevant? No
The British Royal Navy? No
Other military/armed services? No
Is it relevant that helicopters were involved with the strike on the compound? No
Does the joke imply that William was in Pakistan prior to the wedding? No
After the wedding? Yes-ish

Another thought...is it relevant that the 2 recent PM's of Britain were not at the wedding? No
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13700
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Ixoye! Glad to see you back around!

Is the amount of money spent on the wedding relevant?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 958
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the amount of money spent on the wedding relevant? Nope.

By way of a HINT: After the wedding is more relevant that the wedding itself.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 738
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

is it that they didn't have a honeymoon because Wills had to go to Pakistan?
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3789
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The fact that Prince William's in the military? The fact that the honeymoon's been postponed? That Kate...excuse me, Catherine...is "settling into life" as an Army wife?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 964
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shez
Is it that they didn't have a honeymoon because Wills had to go to Pakistan? Still Yes-ish

Kayleetonkslupin
The fact that Prince William's in the military? No
The fact that the honeymoon's been postponed? Yes-ish
That Kate...excuse me, Catherine...is "settling into life" as an Army wife? No
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3420
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 11:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the joke imply that William was directly involved in the operation against Bin Laden? That he had advance knowledge of it?

Is the little drive in the old Aston Martin that William & Kate took relevant?

This is a toughie
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 972
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 2:53 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the joke imply that William was directly involved in the operation against Bin Laden? Yes and...
That he had advance knowledge of it? No

Is the little drive in the old Aston Martin that William & Kate took relevant? I was unaware of this, so No

This is a toughie So I'm realizing and I really didn't mean it to be. Humor is odd like that though.

One more little part of this and then we are done!
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 3230
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 4:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wedding reception relevant?
Post-wedding party?
Wedding present(s)?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 978
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 4:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wedding reception relevant?
Post-wedding party?
Wedding present(s)? No to all
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13724
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 6:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the joke imply that Kate was involved in catching bin Laden as well?
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1468
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does the joke imply that Will "went" after OBL to bring something back to Kate? To prove something?

Just to make sure, is his name relevant? Hers?
Ixoye724 (Ixoye724)

Post Number: 3231
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 8:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is Prince Charles at all relevant?
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3421
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 3:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Good Will Hunting" relevant? Or would that constitute a muchly hated pun?
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 982
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 3:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin
Does the joke imply that Kate was involved in catching bin Laden as well? YES!! Good enough for a...

Rbruma
Does the joke imply that Will "went" after OBL to bring something back to Kate? To prove something? no to both

Just to make sure, is his name relevant? Hers? Neither

Ixoye724
Is Prince Charles at all relevant? no

Peter365
"Good Will Hunting" relevant? No!
Or would that constitute a muchly hated pun? Yes it would...Grrrrrr.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 983
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 4:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

***** SPOILER *****

After the news broke about Bin Laden, a friend of mine reposted something a friend of hers had posted to Facebook. It said something along the lines of “Will and Kate leave Buckingham for an undisclosed ‘honeymoon’ location and the next thing Bin Laden’s dead. I think it’s pretty clear what’s going on. W & K are trained assassins.”

This puzzle nicely illustrated how tough it is to figure out what someone else finds funny. Good work all! You were all quite tenacious in getting to the solution!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: