[Doriana] We we we so excited! Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - May 2011 » [Doriana] We we we so excited! « Previous Next »

Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 1313
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:16 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If she had worn different shoes, I would probably get up later tomorrow.

Sorry for quoting Rebecca Black's Friday in the title, but I hope you forgive me - it's 2:15 am... and friday!
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3786
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:30 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She = H/A/F? Real? Fictional?
I = you, Doriana kitteh? If iz nawt, iz H/A/M? H/A/F?

and wy iz mai doriana kitteh up so lait? oar erlee?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1314
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

She = H/A/F? H/youngA/F Real? yep Fictional?
I = you, Doriana kitteh? yep If iz nawt, iz H/A/M? H/A/F?

and wy iz mai doriana kitteh up so lait? oar erlee? Can't tell you because it has to do with the puzzle solution :P but I'm going to bed now.
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3787
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

gud nite doriana kitteh! dreamz uf Kaseburgurz! =) will ask kweshunz latur, wen I thinx uf noo wunz!
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 13680
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for quoting Rebecca Black's Friday in the title, but I hope you forgive me - it's 2:15 am... and friday! NO.

(Seriously though...no.)

(OK, you know I'm just messing with you. But that song...UGH. With a capital UGH.
}

She - another student?

Shoes she was wearing - dress shoes? Sandals? Flip-flops? Slippers? High heels? Platform shoes? Ballet shoes? Running shoes? Cleats? Ice skates? Boots? Uggs (aka UGHs)?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 700
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

were her shoes uncomfortable? was it hard for her to walk?

was she wearing odd shoes?

were they really fabulous shoes and you have to get up early today and go and buy some?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1315
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:20 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin - I know how much you 'love' this song! But thanks for posting the literal music video on facebook, it's hilarious.

She - another student? yep

Shoes she was wearing - dress shoes? Sandals? Flip-flops? Slippers? High heels? yes, DOYD of high Platform shoes? Ballet shoes? Running shoes? Cleats? Ice skates? Boots? yes Uggs (aka UGHs)? no to rest

were her shoes uncomfortable? yope was it hard for her to walk? no

was she wearing odd shoes? no

were they really fabulous shoes and you have to get up early today and go and buy some? nice idea, but no
Potato (Potato)
Username: Potato

Post Number: 649
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something torn on the shoes? Did the sole come off? Did the heel break off?

Were the shoes too small for her? Too large?

Did she borrow them for some reason? And she has to give them back earlier today? Or get her own pair?

Were they new shoes? Did she get a blister walking in them? And you have to get something to treat it with?

Were the shoes too impractical for her to do something? If so, is it something she has already done? Or something she's still going to do?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 650
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:34 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You said they were boots... Was it too warm for her to wear boots? Or was she planning to wear pants/a skirt/a dress that doesn't go along well with boots?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1317
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:42 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something torn on the shoes? Did the sole come off? Did the heel break off? no to all

Were the shoes too small for her? Too large? no to both

Did she borrow them for some reason? no, but OTRT And she has to give them back earlier today?OTRT, see next answer Or get her own pair? yes!

Were they new shoes? Did she get a blister walking in them? And you have to get something to treat it with? no to all

Were the shoes too impractical for her to do something? noish If so, is it something she has already done? thisish Or something she's still going to do?

You said they were boots... Was it too warm for her to wear boots? Or was she planning to wear pants/a skirt/a dress that doesn't go along well with boots? no to all
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 709
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 12:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

she didn't borrow them but they didn't belong to her? had she stolen them? did she have to go back to pay?

had she changed into them and left another pair of shoes somewhere?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 710
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 12:58 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ooh! did you have to get up early because she was coming back to your place to pick up her shoes?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13690
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:00 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were they your shoes?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1319
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

she didn't borrow them but they didn't belong to her? huh? Did I say that? If so, sorry for the confusion... Oh I see: She borrowed shoes, but not the one Potato was referring to, I think. had she stolen them? did she have to go back to pay? no to both

had she changed into them and left another pair of shoes somewhere? into which shoes? and see next answer

ooh! did you have to get up early yes because she was coming back to your place no to pick up her shoes? yes

Were they your shoes? yes!

RECAP and hopefully a clarification about which shoes are which:
I had to get up earlier today because a student, H/youngA/F, wanted to pick up her shoes - boots with heels. My shoes are relevant as well.
If she had worn different shoes altogether, the whole thing wouldn't have happened.
Vesica (Vesica)
Username: Vesica

Post Number: 948
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 4:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to check, the shoes she is picking up are your shoes?
Are there two relevant pairs of shoes here? More?
Are both pairs yours?
One pair yours and one pair hers?
Are both boots? Relevant?

Loving a shoe puzzle! Mostly because I love shoes!!
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1320
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 5:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just to check, the shoes she is picking up are your shoes? NO! good that it's clarified
Are there two relevant pairs of shoes here? no, see next answer More? yes, three - hers, mine and the hypothetical ones she could have worn
Are both pairs yours? no
One pair yours and one pair hers? yep
Are both boots? no Relevant? yes

Loving a shoe puzzle! Mostly because I love shoes!! Me too! (:
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 949
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 5:19 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, are the shoes she is picking up HER shoes?
Is it relevant who owns Pair 3?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1322
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 5:34 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, are the shoes she is picking up HER shoes? yes!
Is it relevant who owns Pair 3? yes, hers.
Vesica (Vesica)

Post Number: 955
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So there is pair 1 - which are yours and relvant?
Pair 2 - which are hers and she is picking up?
And pair 3 - which she could have worn, also hers?

Did you and she meet up at some point the day before?
And she was wearing Pair 2?
But for a yet-to-be-determined reason she changed shoes?
Into Pair 1?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13695
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 7:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she wearing your shoes?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1323
Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 9:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So there is pair 1 - which are yours and relvant? yes
Pair 2 - which are hers and she is picking up? yes (or no, because she didn't -.-)
And pair 3 - which she could have worn, also hers? yes

Did you and she meet up at some point the day before? YES!
And she was wearing Pair 2? yes!
But for a yet-to-be-determined reason she changed shoes? and a third yes, very OTRT
Into Pair 1? yes!

Was she wearing your shoes? yes!

Why did she change into my shoes? And why did I have to get up earlier in order to swap shoes again?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13705
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 3:17 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the two of you swapped shoes, correct?

Are all the pairs of shoes of the same type?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1325
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 8:18 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So the two of you swapped shoes, correct? correct

Are all the pairs of shoes of the same type? NO - good q
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 744
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so she wore the high-heeled boots?

did you wear shoes rather than boots? heels?

is the colour relevant? the height?

where you went relevant? did you both go to the same place?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1326
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 4:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

so she wore the high-heeled boots? yes

did you wear shoes rather than boots? heels? yes, I was wearing ordinary sneakers

is the colour relevant? no the height? yes!

where you went relevant? yope did you both go to the same place? yes
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 747
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 5:26 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she need to look taller?

did you need to be able to walk faster? more comfortably? did you want to look shorter?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1327
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 5:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did she need to look taller? no, FA about which shoes she was wearing when, but OTRT

did you need to be able to walk faster? more comfortably? did you want to look shorter? same FA
Sapir (Sapir)
Username: Sapir

Post Number: 55
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 5:33 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are substantially taller or shorter than her without shoes?
Sapir (Sapir)

Post Number: 56
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 5:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That should be "Are you substantially..."
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1329
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 6:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are substantially taller or shorter than her without shoes? Without her shoes, she's at least 6" taller than I am.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13715
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 8:56 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the two of you need to be the same height for some reason? Did you want to appear taller? Shorter? Did she want to appear taller? Shorter?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1332
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the two of you need to be the same height for some reason? Did you want to appear taller? Shorter? Did she want to appear taller? no to all of these Shorter? YES!

Update on the RECAP:
I had to get up earlier on Friday because a student, H/youngA/F, wanted to pick up her shoes - high heeled boots. The night before, we had swapped shoes because she wanted to appear less tall. Why exactly is not important.
Why did I have to get up earlier?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 751
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 9:23 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you were going to meet up with her somewhere you may have taken longer to get there in the high heels so you had to get up earlier?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1334
Posted on Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 9:48 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if you were going to meet up with her somewhere you may have taken longer to get there in the high heels so you had to get up earlier? nice thought, but no
Sapir (Sapir)

Post Number: 57
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 1:07 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were your shoes being repaired at a distant location?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1335
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 7:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were your shoes being repaired at a distant location? no
By the way, I had to get up two hours earlier.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 753
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 8:40 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was she coming to your house and you had spent the night somewhere else?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1336
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 9:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was she coming to your house and you had spent the night somewhere else? no, but it's important that she wasn't coming to my house, and I wasn't going to get my shoes at her place.
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 13720
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 12:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you meet up to get the shoes at school?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1338
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 4:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you meet up to get the shoes at school? YES!
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 667
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 5:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have to get up early because she wanted you to be at school two hours before your classes began? Did she need her shoes for something that she was going to do in school? Or would it have been more difficult for you to meet at a later time?
Potato (Potato)

Post Number: 668
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 5:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Btw, I kind of like how the ads on this page are being for shoes, one of them for high heels specifically xD
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 1339
Posted on Monday, May 09, 2011 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have to get up early because she wanted you to be at school two hours before your classes began? YES with a slight -ish, but close enough! Did she need her shoes for something that she was going to do in school? Or would it have been more difficult for you to meet at a later time? no to rest. I think we have enough for a

********SPOILER********
Last Thursday, my friend and I were at a party. She was wearing high-heeled boots and I was wearing sneakers. We were standing most of the time and she started feeling uncomfortable because she was taller than everyone else, even the guys, so that she asked me if we could swap shoes.
We agreed on swapping them back at college the next day. Our only class on Fridays is a tutorial where attendance is not compulsory, but I usually go there. However, I was home late from the party and I would probably have skipped that class - but I wanted my shoes back so that I got up early.

Nice work everyone, and thanks for the final question, Potato (:

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: