(KayleeTonksLupin) Remember When...... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - July 2011 » (KayleeTonksLupin) Remember When... « Previous Next »

Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 3916
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 7:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"I remember where I was when it happened."
"Yes, it's somewhat like what happened to us...I'll never forget that."
"I remember where I was when that happened, too."

When what happened? True story, two H/A/Fs (second one me) over YIM.
Yatin509 (Yatin509)
Username: Yatin509

Post Number: 50
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something that happened good for you? Bad?

Did it help you people?

Was it amazing or something you thought won't be possible?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 1168
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it the same actual thing that happened to everyone? like the Kennedy assassination or John Lennon's death?

or was it an event which happened to these people at different times? like the birth of their first child or going bankrupt?

is it something which people were happy about? would they want it to happen again?

YIM?

Post Number: 3917
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:20 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was something that happened good for you?definitely not Bad?Very

Did it help you people?you might want to clarify this question, but if I understand you right, no, not at all

Was it amazing not quite the right word, as this has a connotation of a good thing, at least as far as I know or something you thought won't be possible? at the time of the first terrible event, I had not thought such things possible; by the time of the second, such things were sadly not only possible, but becoming expected

Post Number: 3918
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it the same actual thing that happened to everyone? like the Kennedy assassination or John Lennon's death? DOYD of "everyone"; there were two events my friend Emma and I were comparing, but they were both like this

or was it an event which happened to these people at different times? like the birth of their first child or going bankrupt? and not like this

is it something which people were happy about? would they want it to happen again? probably only the people who caused both these events were happy and want it to happen again

YIM? Yahoo Instant Messenger.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1169
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it a terrorist attack? one of those big school shootings?

were the two events more than a few days apart? more than a month? a year? 5 years? 10?

Post Number: 3919
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it a terrorist attack? both of them were one of those big school shootings?

were the two events more than a few days apart? more than a month? a year? 5 years? this, no to rest 10?
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1170
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:32 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

could the events be 9/11 and the London bombings?

Post Number: 3920
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

BLOOPER: I can't count, that should have been "more than a year, less than 5 years".

Post Number: 3921
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

could the events be 9/11 and the London bombings?
and in fact they are, Shez, well done! that went quickly...well, it is 7/7 today so...no wonder the topic came up.

***SPOILER***

I am American, and my friend Emma is British. My phone was playing music in the background, and it began playing Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". When I noted that, I also looked at the date and realized it was 7/7, and I began talking with Emma about the London bombings, on 7/7/2005, as well as 9/11/2001, which is now nearly 10 years behind us. Neither of us have forgotten where we were on 9/11, and Emma knows where she was on 7/7, though I unfortunately can't remember what I was doing. I only remember being horrified, and scared to death for my best friend =(

In memory of lives lost, I dedicate this puzzle to those who died by terrorists' will on 9/11 and 7/7, and families and friends they left behind. I hope that someday this senseless slaughter will end.

Well done Shez for bringing this puzzle to a close.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 1175
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 9:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Im sorry I guessed it so quickly - 7/7 has been on my mind more than it might have been because of the stories in the press about phonetapping of victims' families - disgusting!

Post Number: 3922
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 9:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think they've said similar things about 9/11 victims' families, too...definitely disgusting =( Will the insanity never stop?
Fionakelleghan (Fionakelleghan)
Username: Fionakelleghan

Post Number: 82
Posted on Friday, July 08, 2011 - 7:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thank you all for addressing this painful topic (these painful topics) in a very tasteful way.

I'm not religious, but that doesn't keep me from sending blessings.
Rbruma (Rbruma)
Username: Rbruma

Post Number: 1642
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 5:45 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for a well deserved piece of remembrance Kaylee. I was at work on 9/11, when the news came in. At first, nobody believed it. In 10 minutes all 15 or so of us were in the street, trying to reach the closest TV set. I remember reaching my girlfriend's house, lighting up a cigarette and watching in disbelief when the second tower collapsed.

A terrible day that -- to paraphrase FDR -- should live in infamy.

Thanks again.

Post Number: 3961
Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 6:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're welcome. I didn't see the news that September morning - I only saw it when my teacher brought it out during U.S. History that afternoon, right before lunch. She taped the news every day in case there was something of interest, and, well...

The shock of it all sent me into convulsions (I'm epileptic, as a few of you may remember but our newer members would have no reason to know) and I had to go home. It was an awful day =(

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: