[Lynne] Witty title (Neologism) Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - August 2011 » [Lynne] Witty title (Neologism) « Previous Next »

Lynne (Lynne)
Username: Lynne

Post Number: 5072
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently I've discovered that I suffer from fitolatoty. It's not always a problem but I wonder how many of you also suffer from it?

It's one of those things that not everyone knows about or needs to worry about, although knowledge of it will become more widespread, and if you do suffer from it you will find it most frustrating.
Yatin509 (Yatin509)
Username: Yatin509

Post Number: 145
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fitolatoty some type of phobia?

Does it means addicted to something?

Would you say it's a disease?

Would you go to Doctor for it?

Is the problem medical? Pychological ? Physical?

Do you know some people who suffer from fitolatoty?

Would you get to know about the problem if you meet him frequently? occasionally? met him once?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 146
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:25 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fitolatoty some type of phobia?

Does it means addicted to something?

Would you say it's a disease?

Would you go to Doctor for it?

Is the problem medical? Pychological ? Physical?

Do you know some people who suffer from fitolatoty?

Would you get to know about the problem if you meet him frequently? occasionally? met him once?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 147
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for double posting I thought I clicked once..... I will be more careful next time (:
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5073
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:27 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Fitolatoty some type of phobia? no

Does it means addicted to something? no

Would you say it's a disease? no

Would you go to Doctor for it? no

Is the problem medical? Pychological ? Physical? this one

Do you know some people who suffer from fitolatoty? me

Would you get to know about the problem if you meet him frequently? occasionally? met him once? possibly to all, but it's not blatantly obvious
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 148
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:41 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Do you know some people who suffer from fitolatoty?" with this I meant except you?

Are you tensed about how to get rid off the problem?

Physical features such as height? weight? face? complexion ? foot size? hand size? hairs?nose year?

Would suffering from it would make you stand out in public?

Would people notice your problem?

Would only female would have the problem or even male?

Are you too conscious about your outer look?

Once my bio teacher tried to make the class more interesting. We were studying heredity. She classified the students on the basis on attached earlobes and detached earlobes. I was the one who had both . Classified as mutant didn't quite like to hear it but then thought myself to be wolverine
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 4145
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

my sister says that chickens with white earlobes lay white eggs, and chickens with red earlobes lay brown eggs...now I wonder what color earlobes chickens have to have to lay other colors of eggs??? o.o
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5074
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Do you know some people who suffer from fitolatoty?" with this I meant except you? ah yes, um, no I don't know anyone else, but I know for a fact that some will suffer from it for the same reason as me - I may know some by the end of the puzzle of course!

Are you tensed about how to get rid off the problem? not quite sure what you mean by tensed, but I can't get rid of the problem

Physical features such as height? weight? face? complexion ? foot size? hand size? this one ish hairs?nose year?

Would suffering from it would make you stand out in public? no

Would people notice your problem? only under certain circumstances

Would only female would have the problem or even male? either, probably more males

Are you too conscious about your outer look? no

Once my bio teacher tried to make the class more interesting. We were studying heredity. She classified the students on the basis on attached earlobes and detached earlobes. I was the one who had both . Classified as mutant didn't quite like to hear it but then thought myself to be wolverine wolverine, LOL - you have non-symmetrical ears?
Yatin509 (Yatin509)

Post Number: 149
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i{you have non-symmetrical ears? ouch!!!!! that hurts no those are just attached and detached symmetry is the same}

Would the certain circumstance include ring ceremony?

The finger size? Big? Small?

Hand big ? small?

which finger relevant?
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5075
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 9:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would the certain circumstance include ring ceremony? no

The finger size? Big? Small? big

Hand big ? small? average

which finger relevant? all
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 1451
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 9:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are your fingers longer than most people's or wider in circumference?

are they out of proportion to the rest of the hand?

do you have two fingers the same length which are usually of different lengths?

do your knuckles scrape along the ground?
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5076
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 9:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

are your fingers longer than most people's or wider in circumference? wider

are they out of proportion to the rest of the hand? not really - my hands don't look abnormally big or anything

do you have two fingers the same length which are usually of different lengths? no

do your knuckles scrape along the ground? haha no
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 14111
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 11:36 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the width of the knuckle as compared to the rest of the finger relevant?
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5077
Posted on Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 11:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the width of the knuckle as compared to the rest of the finger relevant? no
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 66
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shoot - I thought maybe you were told as a child that cracking your knuckles would make them bigger, but you did it anyhow.

Is it something you do with your hand/fingers/knuckles significant? Fidgeting?
Fionakelleghan (Fionakelleghan)
Username: Fionakelleghan

Post Number: 236
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 8:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello there, witty Lynne:

Is this related to:

muscles?
diet?
exercise?
glands?
digestive symptoms?
the brain doing the kind of weird things that the brain loves to do?

Is fitolatoty something that

shows up irregularly?
shows up regularly?

Is it painful?
Does it appear as chronic pain?
If so, can you do something to ease the pain?

Is it something that irritates you every day?
every once in a while?

Neologism, huh? Did you invent the term yourself?
Fionakelleghan (Fionakelleghan)
Username: Fionakelleghan

Post Number: 237
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 8:35 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

[PS. Hey there, honey, you wrote, "if you do suffer from it you will find it most frustrating."

I have chronic pain too - but I didn't write that to get into a stupid contest about pain. On the contrary.

I know how damnably frustrating it is to suffer and have people look at you and say, "You don't LOOK like there's anything wrong with you."

I'm not religious, but I'll pray for you. As the scientist Niels Bohr once said [here I'm paraphrasing, since he wasn't speaking in English], "Of course I don't believe in these foolish things. But they say it works whether you believe in them or not."

I want you to be well. And I also want to solve every puzzle on this board.

Maybe sometimes we can get what we want, Mick Jagger!

Hugs from rainy Miami,
Fiona]
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5078
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 8:44 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shoot - I thought maybe you were told as a child that cracking your knuckles would make them bigger, but you did it anyhow.nah, I don't think I ever did that

Is it something you do with your hand/fingers/knuckles significant? fingers Fidgeting? no

Is this related to:

muscles?
diet?
exercise?
glands?
digestive symptoms?
the brain doing the kind of weird things that the brain loves to do? no to all

Is fitolatoty something that

shows up irregularly? it shows up every time in certain circumstances
shows up regularly? which some days is a lot

Is it painful? no
Does it appear as chronic pain? no
If so, can you do something to ease the pain? n/r

Is it something that irritates you every day? if I can't circumvent it then yes
every once in a while? ditto

Neologism, huh? Did you invent the term yourself? no, it's a term that someone else on the forum introduced - sorry, I forget who. It's where we make up a word to represent something and others have to guess it. There is a whole list that Balin put together to show you all the ones that have been invented. It's just below the Chatroom and is called 'Not a Puzzle'.

Wiki says "A neologism is a newly coined term, word or phrase, that may be in the process of entering common use, but has not yet been accepted into mainstream". We don't expect any of these words to be accepted elsewhere, but they serve the purpose of this style of lateral puzzle.
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5079
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for your concern, Fiona, but as you can now see from my answers, the 'condition' I 'suffer' from is not a medical issue and is not painful. I hope you get relief for your own chronic pain
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 1453
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 9:21 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the circumstances - is there more than one thing which irritates you?

is it trying to use scissors? get your fingers in a bowling ball? put on gloves? hold hands with someone?

get your fingers into a pocket? or purse?
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5080
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 9:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the circumstances - is there more than one thing which irritates you? for the purposes of this puzzle, just one thing

is it trying to use scissors? get your fingers in a bowling ball? put on gloves? hold hands with someone? no to all

get your fingers into a pocket? or purse? no to both
Peter365 (Peter365)
Username: Peter365

Post Number: 3545
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 10:36 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it dialing wrong telephone numbers because of wide fingers?

If so I'm a fellow sufferer.
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5081
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 11:03 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it dialing wrong telephone numbers because of wide fingers? good thinking but no - OTRT

If so I'm a fellow sufferer. you may well be a fellow sufferer of my condition too, stay with it!
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3546
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 11:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Television remote controls relevant?

Recording programmes?

If not the above is the problem you have with something technical.
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5082
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 11:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Television remote controls relevant? no

Recording programmes? no

If not the above is the problem you have with something technical.

on reflection, you were so so close with your last guess, so just expand a bit on it
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3547
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 12:14 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm so phones are relevant?

Oh I know it's gotta be sending texts with all sort of nonsensical words in them.
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5083
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 12:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hmm so phones are relevant?

Oh I know it's gotta be sending texts with all sort of nonsensical words in them.
good enough!

********* SPOILER ***********
fitolatoty: FIngers TOo LArge TO TYpe

This is especially so on phones or iPads with touch screens. Even turning it sideways and having a larger screen to work with still results in gibberish. I constantly hit a letter instead of the space bar and get stuff like spacembar.

I cannot type answers for this forum on my iPad as it's one finger typing with lotsnofvgibberish. At least I've learned to turn the autocorrect off. Even the tiny buttons on 'conventional' mobile phones are too small for me. I like to put my regular numbers into the phone book and just scroll and click - hoping I won't dial the next person in the list, of course!

So fellow fitolatoty sufferers - you have mymsympathy.

Well done, Peter, and thank you one and all.
Peter365 (Peter365)

Post Number: 3549
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 1:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Niec Pzuzle Lnyne

How do you turn off the autocorrect. That drives me scatty.
Lynne (Lynne)

Post Number: 5084
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 1:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

LOL thank you!

On the iPad it's under Settings and then Keyboard. I don't have an iPhone so I don't know but should imagine that it's under Settings.

I particularly found it frustrating when sending instant messages to my daughter. I do that on the iPad but the autocorrect was sending bizarre words!
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 14116
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 3:40 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice one!

I believe there's a website about all sorts of autocorrect hatred/fails...let me look it up...

Found it: http://damnyouautocorrect.com/ (some of them are a bit risque)
Solitiare (Solitiare)
Username: Solitiare

Post Number: 69
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2011 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, I'm a fellow sufferer. Some days the letters on my laptop are too small for me, and I haven't got large fingers either!
Good puzzle!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: