[BeachBum] also couldn't resist Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2012 » [BeachBum] also couldn't resist « Previous Next »

Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 430
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 7:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Even though I knew the danger, I read it anyway, even though I was insulted. What's going on here?
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2864
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 7:57 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I = you, Beachbum?

it = a book? part of a book? a magazine? a journal? a newspaper? an article? a website? a blog post? a joke? a letter? an e-mail? a note? a joke? an ad?
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17882
Posted on Monday, November 19, 2012 - 10:55 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it a lateral puzzle?
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 79
Posted on Tuesday, November 20, 2012 - 4:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dangerous to your life? health?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 431
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 12:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I = you, Beachbum? Yes

a book? part of a book? a magazine? a journal? a newspaper? an article? a website? a blog post? a joke? a letter? an e-mail? This a note? a joke? an ad? Don't remember but probably Yes

Is it a lateral puzzle? No

Dangerous to your life? health? No to both
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1072
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 6:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dangerous in the sense that it could contain malware? Dangerous because you could get in trouble (for instance, if reading e-mails is against your work policy)?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2881
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:03 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Spam mails relevant?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 432
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dangerous in the sense that it could contain malware? Yes Dangerous because you could get in trouble (for instance, if reading e-mails is against your work policy)? No

Spam mails relevant? Yes

Ok that part went quick, So yes, I clicked on a spam email, which I ordinarily never do - they are just to obvious as being either scams or phishing. So Why would I have been tempted to open the email anyway, even knowing that it was spam?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 433
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:33 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dangerous in the sense that it could contain malware? Yes Dangerous because you could get in trouble (for instance, if reading e-mails is against your work policy)? No

Spam mails relevant? Yes

Ok that part went quick, So yes, I clicked on a spam email, which I ordinarily never do - they are just to obvious as being either scams or phishing. So Why would I have been tempted to open the email anyway, even knowing that it was spam?
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17903
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 4:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant what type of spam it was? (phishing, malware, etc)
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1783
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 9:26 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the subject line relevant? They often have quite poetic jumbles of words...
Did the subject line insult you? Relevant who it was addressed to? Did this insult you? Did you only get insulted after you read it?

Did you know it was spam when you opened it?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 435
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:54 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it relevant what type of spam it was? (phishing, malware, etc) No

Is the subject line relevant? Yes,Very! They often have quite poetic jumbles of words...
Did the subject line insult you? NO! but doyd I suppose.. explore this!
Relevant who it was addressed to? Yes Did this insult you? see above Did you only get insulted after you read it? No

Did you know it was spam when you opened it? Yes
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1789
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the spam email offering a product? Money? Was it pretending to be from a reputable organisation? Was it aimed at getting you to enter your details somewhere? Was it a "Nigerian prince" style email?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 436
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CLARIFICATION / Blooper : I said in the puzzle statement that I was insulted. However, this very much depends your definition of "insulted".

So HINT: To clear all this up, the subject line was an insult, but because I knew it was spam, I naturally wasn't personally insulted. Indeed, the subject line gave me quite a different reaction.

Sorry for any confusion
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 437
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:12 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the spam email offering a product? Money? Was it pretending to be from a reputable organisation? Was it aimed at getting you to enter your details somewhere? Was it a "Nigerian prince" style email?

None of the above is relevant
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1790
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:16 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you find the subject line funny? Did it contain an insulting description of the reader? Did you open it because you wanted to see what the content said? Did the subject line lead you to believe that you would find the email funny? Entertaining? Interesting? That something would happen if you opened the email?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 438
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:17 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ugg, sorry. Slow morning here... It is irrelevant what the contents of the email were. The subject line itself did not mention any of these things.
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 439
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you find the subject line funny? YES!

Did it contain an insulting description of the reader? Yes

Did you open it because you wanted to see what the content said? Yes Did the subject line lead you to believe that you would find the email funny? Entertaining? Interesting? That something would happen if you opened the email? No to the rest
Balin (Balin)

Post Number: 17908
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 5:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the subject line say "This is a spam mail"?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 440
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 6:22 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did the subject line say "This is a spam mail"? No. Remember, it was an attempt to be insulting, but instead I found it funny.
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2900
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 - 7:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the headline aimed at a specific gender? For example, it was about breast enlargement, and you found it funny because you're a guy?
Grainbeer (Grainbeer)
Username: Grainbeer

Post Number: 354
Posted on Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 6:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the headline daring you? Like: "I bet you donīt dare clicking on this link"?
Shez (Shez)
Username: Shez

Post Number: 3613
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 6:39 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

did it say you would be too stupid to understand it? or that only an idiot would read it?
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 443
Posted on Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well I guess this is enough for a
*** SPOILER ****

I got a spam email with the title
"ltroxler you're an a**hole!". I thought it was was
very original and hilarious. Especially since it used my email user name and not my real name. It was so funny and creative that I couldn't help opening it.
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3627
Posted on Sunday, December 23, 2012 - 8:47 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

nice puzzle a**hole!
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 449
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2012 - 4:09 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brilliant Shez! I can't stop laughing! I don't think I'm one in real life, but who am I to judge myself, right??

Happy holidays everyone!
Beachbum (Beachbum)

Post Number: 450
Posted on Monday, December 24, 2012 - 4:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Brilliant Shez! I can't stop laughing! I don't think I'm one in real life, but who am I to judge myself, right??

Happy holidays everyone!
Shez (Shez)

Post Number: 3639
Posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2012 - 5:21 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

:oD a merry Christmas, each and every one!

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: