[Ciaobella] Nice guys finish eighth Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Lateral Puzzles » Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles » Solved Puzzles - December 2012 » [Ciaobella] Nice guys finish eighth « Previous Next »

Ciaobella (Ciaobella)
Username: Ciaobella

Post Number: 1075
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's been a while, but I'm glad to be back.

I love my little sister very much, so I did my best to make her cry.

"I" = me, Ciaobella, and "her" = my little sister.
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17898
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 6:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cry: actual, physical tears? Of sadness? Happiness? Laughter?

Good to see you back!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1077
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:07 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Cry: actual, physical tears? Yes Of sadness? This is possible, although there may have been other feelings too Happiness? Laughter? No to the other two

And thanks, Balin! It's good to see you again, too.
Enjay (Enjay)
Username: Enjay

Post Number: 1777
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 7:24 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did making her cry help her in some way? Was it necessary that she actually cry? That she felt the emotions which led to the tears?

Did you make her sad? Did her crying allow her to obtain something? Were you trying to make someone else feel sorry for her?

Relevant how old your sister is? Relevant whether you managed to make her cry? Relevant where you were?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1081
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 9:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did making her cry help her in some way? Yope Was it necessary that she actually cry? Yope, although I thought "Yes" at the time That she felt the emotions which led to the tears? No

Did you make her sad? It's possible Did her crying allow her to obtain something? No-ish Were you trying to make someone else feel sorry for her? No

Relevant how old your sister is? Not especially, but she was 3 or 4 at the time Relevant whether you managed to make her cry? Technically, you could solve the puzzle without knowing, but yes, I did make her cry. Relevant where you were? We were in our backyard, but we could have been other places. It is somewhat relevant that we were outside.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1781
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 9:59 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you also young? Was your trying to make her cry based on childish logic? A misunderstanding? Did you think it would help her, but it actually would not?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1083
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 10:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you also young? Yes- I was about 12. Was your trying to make her cry based on childish logic? Yope. My logic was valid, but there was likely a better way to go about it. A misunderstanding? No Did you think it would help her, but it actually would not? No, I accomplished exactly what I set out to do.
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1782
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 10:11 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want anyone else to see her cry? Hear her cry?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1085
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 10:35 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want anyone else to see her cry? Hear her cry? Irrelevant
Markobr (Markobr)
Username: Markobr

Post Number: 1215
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 11:30 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is pain a relevant reason for the tears?

Did you want her to cry in order to wet her eyes?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1088
Posted on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 - 11:38 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is pain a relevant reason for the tears? Pain is relevant and might have contributed to her crying, but I did not inflict pain in order to make her cry.

Did you want her to cry in order to wet her eyes? No
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)
Username: Rogerchang

Post Number: 80
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 2:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you two in trouble?

Was your sister's life threatened?
Yours?

Her eyes were sick somehow?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1090
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 3:31 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you two in trouble? Depends on your definition of "trouble". We were not going to be punished, if that's what you mean. For other definitions, see below.

Was your sister's life threatened? I thought so at the time.
Yours? No

Her eyes were sick somehow? No
Beachbum (Beachbum)
Username: Beachbum

Post Number: 441
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 - 6:44 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think that making your sister cry would be good for her physical health? Mental health?

Did you want someone else to see here cry?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1092
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 - 1:24 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think that making your sister cry would be good for her physical health? Yes-ish or maybe yope Mental health? No

Did you want someone else to see here cry? No, or irrelevant
Alhucema (Alhucema)
Username: Alhucema

Post Number: 2593
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 - 8:28 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was there another option other than crying that you thought would have done more harm than crying?

If so, do you still think your reasoing was correct?

Did you try to save her from physical/psychological/other harm?
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 1652
Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 - 11:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was making her cry your main purpose? Or was your purpose to do something else to her and her crying
was just a side result?
Biograd (Biograd)
Username: Biograd

Post Number: 2115
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 2:09 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you think it would help her health to eat an onion, which made her cry when you cut it?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1095
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 2:50 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alhucema
Was there another option other than crying that you thought would have done more harm than crying? Yope or Yes-ish.

If so, do you still think your reasoing was correct? Hm. I still think that the possible outcome of her NOT crying is worse than the certain outcome of her crying. That's the best way I know to answer that question without introducing a false assumption.

Did you try to save her from physical/psychological/other harm? Yope

Sorry for all the "yope"s, but it would depend on how you interpret these and some previous questions. There may be an FA, but I'm not sure how to address it just yet without giving too much away.

Redwine
Was making her cry your main purpose? Yes-ish, although there is more to it. Or was your purpose to do something else to her and her crying was just a side result? Yes-ish to this as well, if I understand your question. My specific purpose was to make her cry, but you might call her crying a means to an end.

Biograd
Did you think it would help her health to eat an onion, which made her cry when you cut it? No, I don't think this would have worked.
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2117
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 3:54 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Following the fact that pain was relevant, did you think that making her cry would ease the pain? that it would help whatever was causing her pain? Does it matter where in her body the pain was?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1100
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 4:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Following the fact that pain was relevant, did you think that making her cry would ease the pain? No that it would help whatever was causing her pain? Yope Does it matter where in her body the pain was? Yes
Balin (Balin)
Username: Balin

Post Number: 17919
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 3:52 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were her eyes hurting?
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)

Post Number: 81
Posted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 4:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the pain in her Bladder?

in a specific organ?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1103
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 4:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Balin
Were her eyes hurting? No

Rogerchang
Was the pain in her Bladder? No

in a specific organ? Yes-ish or Yope: naming the overall body part, such as "hand" (although that is not it), would be more helpful than trying to pinpoint a specific organ.
Doriana (Doriana)
Username: Doriana

Post Number: 2913
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 10:25 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the pain in her head? chest? tummy? arm? leg? foot?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1112
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 2:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the pain in her head? This one chest? tummy? arm? leg? foot? No to the rest
Rogerchang (Rogerchang)

Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 2:38 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the pain caused by an obscure illness?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1115
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 2:48 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the pain caused by an obscure illness? No, not an illness
Sundowner (Sundowner)
Username: Sundowner

Post Number: 1183
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 8:47 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was the pain in a specific part of the head? in the ears? in the eyes? in the nose? in the mouth? in the throath? in the teeth?
You said you were outdoors .. were you swimming?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2923
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 9:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Relevant what caused the pain? Did she get hurt by something? If so, had something fallen onto her head? An apple maybe?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1116
Posted on Monday, November 26, 2012 - 11:49 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sundowner

Was the pain in a specific part of the head? in the ears? in the eyes? in the nose? in the mouth? in the throath? in the teeth? I'm not sure about some of those, but I think it was the far right side of her forehead, just above her temple.
You said you were outdoors .. were you swimming? No

Doriana
Relevant what caused the pain? Yes Did she get hurt by something? Yes If so, had something fallen onto her head? Not fallen... An apple maybe? No
Kayleetonkslupin (Kayleetonkslupin)
Username: Kayleetonkslupin

Post Number: 5791
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 12:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did something hit her on the forehead?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1121
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 12:29 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did something hit her on the forehead? Yes

Post Number: 5792
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 12:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it thrown at her? swung at her? purposely? by accident?

was another person responsible for the injury, or did the object propel itself? did she walk into it (such as a wall or a door?)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1122
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

was it thrown at her? swung at her? This purposely? by accident? and this

was another person responsible for the injury,That would be... me. or did the object propel itself? no did she walk into it (such as a wall or a door?) But this is true too

Post Number: 5794
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 1:08 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

xD Poor Ciaokitteh.

So...you swung something which then accidentally hit your sister because she walked into it...

Did you swing it:

harder?
farther?
higher?
lower?

than you meant to, and so it hit her?

Were you playing golf, and you ignored the rule about not swinging the club above your knees? (I think Tortie actually did that and hit me before...O_O)
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1123
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 1:11 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you swing it:

harder?
farther?
higher?
lower?

than you meant to, and so it hit her?

Were you playing golf, and you ignored the rule about not swinging the club above your knees? No to all
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2933
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 6:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Were you on the swings and accidentally hit her with your feet?
Redwine (Redwine)
Username: Redwine

Post Number: 1655
Posted on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 8:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you want to use her tears to clean the injury? To cool the injured place?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1124
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 6:53 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Doriana
Were you on the swings and accidentally hit her with your feet? No

Redwine
Did you want to use her tears to clean the injury? No To cool the injured place? No again, but interesting ideas
Solo1 (Solo1)
Username: Solo1

Post Number: 323
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 - 5:37 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the title relevant? is '8th' relevant?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1126
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 5:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the title relevant? In a somewhat lateral way- it might help you figure out part of the puzzle (Googlepedia allowed) is '8th' relevant? Not to the puzzle
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1828
Posted on Thursday, November 29, 2012 - 8:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you hit her with some kind of sports equipment? A ball? Baseball bat? Tennis racket?
Biograd (Biograd)

Post Number: 2119
Posted on Friday, November 30, 2012 - 4:14 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you open or slam a door in her face?
Jumpingjack (Jumpingjack)
Username: Jumpingjack

Post Number: 1530
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 6:51 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Was she bleeding? Did it cause an open wound? Concussion relevant?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1128
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 6:55 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjay

Did you hit her with some kind of sports equipment? Yes A ball? No Baseball bat? Yes, unfortunately Tennis racket?No

Biograd
Did you open or slam a door in her face? No

Jumpingjack
Was she bleeding? No Did it cause an open wound? No Concussion relevant? This was possible, though I was too young to know anything about it.

Post Number: 1531
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 9:06 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What was it about her crying that was necessary- her tears? the face she makes when crying? the noise she makes?

Did you have some special knowledge of head injuries that we are unlikely to know? Would a bystander understand what you were trying to do?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1131
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 1:05 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What was it about her crying that was necessary- her tears? No the face she makes when crying? No the noise she makes? Yes-ish or yope

Did you have some special knowledge of head injuries that we are unlikely to know? No, quite the opposite. I think most adults might have done things differently. Would a bystander understand what you were trying to do? Perhaps, but perhaps not. It would likely be more obvious to someone who had seen the entire incident.

Great questions
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1844
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 8:52 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you knock her unconscious?
Did you want her to cry because crying would prove that she was all right? Did you want her crying to attract help? Attention?

Were you trying to avoid getting into trouble for hurting her?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1134
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 8:18 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you knock her unconscious? I wasn't sure.
Did you want her to cry because crying would prove that she was all right? Yes-ish Did you want her crying to attract help? No Attention? No

Were you trying to avoid getting into trouble for hurting her? No
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1848
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 9:08 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you try to make her cry because crying would let you know she was conscious?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1135
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 1:19 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you try to make her cry because crying would let you know she was conscious? Yes, and not just conscious but also...?
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1849
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 7:32 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alive?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1137
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 3:01 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alive? Well, yes, but more specifically?

If you think I'm nitpicking, let me know and I'll spoyle or at least reveal part of what I'm looking for. You're only missing the final connection!
Enjay (Enjay)

Post Number: 1851
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 3:10 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You're not nitpicking! Did you worry she was braindamaged? In a coma? Had a fractured skull?

Post Number: 1533
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 8:02 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Breathing??!!
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1138
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 4:27 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Enjay
You're not nitpicking! Did you worry she was braindamaged? In a coma? Had a fractured skull? Any of these, but mostly...

Jumpingjack
Breathing??!! This!

Would someone like to put it all together or should I spoyle?
Doriana (Doriana)

Post Number: 2974
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:45 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You and your little sister were playing outside when you hit her with a baseball bat. You weren't sure if you had knocked her unconscious, and to find out if she was conscious/alright, you wanted to make her cry because this would show that she is still breathing. Correct?

And I'd like to know how the story ended - did she have to go to hospital?
Ciaobella (Ciaobella)

Post Number: 1139
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 1:46 am:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You and your little sister were playing outside when you hit her with a baseball bat. You weren't sure if you had knocked her unconscious, and to find out if she was conscious/alright, you wanted to make her cry because this would show that she is still breathing. Correct? Correct!

And I'd like to know how the story ended - did she have to go to hospital? Yes, but she was ok.

**********SPOILER**********
When I was about 12 years old, I played softball on a community team. I was practicing my swings in my backyard one day when my mother sent my little sisters to tell me to come inside and eat before the game. I did not hear them run up behind me, but I felt the bat hit the youngest one (about 3 or 4 years old) on my backswing. I immediately sent one of the girls, Codi, into the house to get my mother. Meanwhile the other sister and I stayed with Mouse (the one I hit), who was lying very still and silent and staring straight up at the sky.

"I think you killed her," said my other sister. "Is she even breathing?" I couldn't tell, and I didn't know how the adults figured it out. Mouse did not answer my questions, so I started yelling at her, even threatening to hit her again. I love my little sister very much, so I did my best to make her cry. It worked. She responded by crying, and I knew she could breath. My mother had just gotten outside when Mouse started crying, and Mouse told her that she was crying because I "telled mean things" to her (and as it turns out, Codi had told Mama that I killed Mouse with the baseball bat). We took her to the hospital, but there was no major damage- no fractures, concussions, or anything of that nature. She did have a bruise though.

To this day, I don't know exactly why she didn't answer me when I asked if she was ok or why she didn't cry in pain when she was hit. I suppose it shocked her so much that she could neither cry nor speak. In any case, I was just glad that she was not seriously hurt.

Thanks to all that participated.

Post Number: 1536
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 2:13 pm:   Edit PostDelete PostView Post/Check IPPrint Post   Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That sounds like a really terrifying situation for you and your family! Glad she was ok.

Add Your Message Here
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: