Polar Bear, Soundproof room Puzzle

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: kalira, peter365, JenBurdoo, Balin, Tiger

Polar Bear, Soundproof room Puzzle

Postby fredericklong » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:29 pm

I am looking for possible solutions to this puzzle:

You are in a soundproof room in which there is a polar bear, a lamp which reads "on fire" when switched on, a bottle of detergent and a pilates ball. One of the walls is glass and has a door that leads to a street where people pass. The door can only be opened from the outside. What would you do to convince people to come in? (the more people come in, the better)

Thanks!
fredericklong

Re: Polar Bear, Soundproof room Puzzle

Postby Solong » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Is the polar bear real? stuffed? a representation of a polar bear?
Is the theoretical 'you' a HAM? HAF? other?
Solong

Postby fredericklong » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Hi Solong, thanks for your reply!

I am not sure because I don't know the answer! The puzzle was passed on to me to solve with only these clues.

Thanks again
fredericklong

Postby irishelk » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:12 pm

Interesting. My initial thoughts are that 1) This is a joke puzzle, not meant to have a real answer but designed to make you scratch your head, or 2) It's a personality puzzle along the lines of the "woman's sister dies after a funeral" one--the way we choose to answer reveals our personality.

For example, if the polar bear is alive, it's unlikely that other people will come in to the room while it's there, so my first step would probably be figuring out a method to kill it. But that might just be my warped mind.

Another possible answer is to stand at the glass door and wave your arms in a "come in" motion.

Other thoughts?
irishelk

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles