[Konnie] Lost and Found

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Konnie] Lost and Found

Postby Konnie » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 pm

They found one in Pennsylvania. They found one in Kentucky. They found one in Texas. They found one in Nevada. And they found many in California.

In the end, though, what mattered was what they didn't find

(Possible quickie.)
Last edited by Konnie on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konnie

Re: [Konnie] Lost and Found

Postby WiZ » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 am

Do P/K/T/N/C all refer to the US states? The names of the US states? Is this a verbal/linguistic puzzle at all?

Are we looking for something concrete? Abstract? A mixture of both?

Were the numbers found what was expected? Were they surprised to find these? Happy? Sad? Disappointed? Were 'ones' found in other states? Are the numbers found determined by some sort of rule?

Were they searching for the things that they found? Were they searching for the things that were not found?

Are politics relevant?
WiZ

Postby trebor » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:30 am

21st century? 20th? Earlier? Were the things they found alive? Were the things they were looking for alive? If not, did they hope they were?

Are "they" related by profession? Hobby? Common interest? Are they members of the same family? Are "they" H?A? Gender relevant?

Bombs/nuclear devices relevant?
trebor

Postby Konnie » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:13 am

Do P/K/T/N/C all refer to the US states? Yes The names of the US states? If you mean the states as words themselves, no. Is this a verbal/linguistic puzzle at all? No

Are we looking for something concrete? Yes Abstract? A mixture of both?

Were the numbers found what was expected? Noish Were they surprised to find these? Yes Happy? Sad? Perhaps this, no to others. Disappointed? Were 'ones' found in other states? No Are the numbers found determined by some sort of rule? Not exactly sure what you mean, but I'd say no.

Were they searching for the things that they found? Yesish Were they searching for the things that were not found? Yesish, FA though.
Are politics relevant? No

21st century? 20th? This is most logical, but time isn't super relevant. Earlier? Were the things they found alive? No Were the things they were looking for alive? No If not, did they hope they were? Yope

Are "they" related by profession? Hobby? Common interest? I'll say yes to all, although it's tough to not be misleading with these. Are they members of the same family? Yesish Are "they" H?A? Yesish Gender relevant? Not really.

Bombs/nuclear devices relevant? No
Konnie

Postby trebor » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:41 pm

Is it the human part of HA? that is yesish? The adult part? Are they teens? Are they a mix of humans and other animals? Are academic courses or programs relevant?

Was what they didn't find the same thing as what they did find? (Like if I'm looking for my keys and I find my roommates keys, they're both sets of keys...) Was what they didn't find one item? More? Was what they didn't find bigger than a baseball? Basketball? Car? Same question for what they found.
trebor

Postby biograd » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Were the things they found evidence of some prior human presence? like for example Native American artifacts? or were they man-made "things" that were made/used by the people currently living there? or naturally-occurring things?

By the way, I used "things" to be most general. "Concrete things" could be objects, collections of objects, places, events, and more. Of those things I just listed (except for the "and more", of course), which (if any) describes what they found?

Were they "possibly sad" because the things they DID find were evidence of a depressing state of affairs? or because they would have hoped that more of these things existed?
biograd

Postby Earnest » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:03 am

Were them famous discovery? I mean were them shown in tvs for instance?

Found by chance? If so, underground? Up in the air? On mountains? In different places for each US state? Or were they looking for them? If they were looking for them, were they hoping NOT to find them? To find them?

Are them located just in USA or all over the world?
Earnest

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles