[Solong] Paging Mr. Paige

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Solong] Paging Mr. Paige

Postby Solong » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:04 am

I'm afraid to look back. Something seems to be gaining on us.
Or maybe we are chasing it? I'm not sure.
Solong

Re: [Solong] Paging Mr. Paige

Postby JenBurdoo » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:10 am

Intriguing...

An actual story? A realistic one? Sci-fi? Horror? fantasy? Is "it" literally gaining (ie in physical measure)?
JenBurdoo

Postby Earnest » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:19 am

us = two people? Three? More?

Were you walking or running hysterically? Were you talking to someone else? In your mind? Were you reading something (loud?)?
"something" = you don't have any idea of what it could be?
Did you expect/could expect that "something" was chasing you? Or that you could chase something?

Were you running/walking in circle? Are those words written?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:15 pm

I= H? A? M? We=two people? More? Is a vehicle relevant? A track? A path? Road? Monster? Memory loss?
GalFisk

Postby Solong » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:11 pm

an actual story?yes A realistic one? No. Sci-fi? Horror? fantasy? Is "it" literally gaining (ie in physical measure)? No.
Solong

Postby Solong » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:15 pm

= two people? 'This Three? More?

Were you walking or running hysterically? No.Were you talking to someone else? In your mind? This - talking to lourselves, as it were. Were you reading something (loud?)?
"something" = you don't have any idea of what it could be? Yes, we do know.
Did you expect/could expect that "something" was chasing you? It seemed like it Or that you could chase something? Also possible, depending on how you look at it.

Were you running/walking in circle? No, and we were driving, not running or walking. Are those words written? Noish.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:22 am

so two people = you and yourself? or you and another person and both of you were talking in your mind? If the latter, puzzle statement = your thoughts?

driving = driving a car? a vehicle?
something = another car? a vehicle? Something tangible? something living? something in your mind? something like "speed"? "Adrenaline"? Did you see the something through mirrors? Was the something very close to your car? Inside your car?

so you were driving in a street and you were in the same vehicle, right?
so you were afraid to look back means that the something was behind you? Or it depends? Can it also be in front of you? Near you?

Was the something gaining on you with bad intentions? Good intentions? With the intention to reach you?
Something gaining on us...or are we chasing it?---> is the idea that because you thought that the something was reaching you, you did an action or you behave in such a way that the doubt you were chasing the something instead came?
Earnest

Postby Solong » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:36 pm

so two people = you and yourself? or you and another person and both of you were talking in your mind?Yes If the latter, puzzle statement = your thoughts? Yes

driving = driving a car? a vehicle? Yes, but n.r.
something = another car? a vehicle? Something tangible? No something living? Nosomething in your mind? Yoish/yope something like "speed"? "Adrenaline"? something intangible like these. Did you see the something through mirrors? Was the something very close to your car? Inside your car? No to all.

so you were driving in a street No, more a highway. and you were in the same vehicle, right?
so you were afraid to look back means that the something was behind you? Or it depends? Can it also be in front of you? Near you? Might have seemed like this.

Was the something gaining on you with bad intentions? Good intentions? With the intention to reach you? It couldn't be said to have intentions of any kind, but it might have seemed as if it did.
Something gaining on us...or are we chasing it?---> is the idea that because you thought that the something was reaching you, you did an action or you behave in such a way that the doubt you were chasing the something instead came? n.r.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:03 am

To be sure...you were not on a carousel right?

Highway during night? Evening? Afternoon? Morning? Early morning? Was there light? If so relevant?

I'm afraid to look back = I'm afraid to physically turn my head an look what was behind us? Or is it metaphorically? Like I'm afraid to look at the past?
The "something" was intangible right? But could it become tangible as time passes? E.g. fear of beeing caught by police...fear is intangible but it will concretize if you don't run fast...I mean...is it something that was intangible at the time of the thoughts but could concretize itself if a relevant action (like driving at a certain speed) had not been undertaken?

Something = a feeling?
Earnest

Postby Solong » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:13 am

To be sure...you were not on a carousel right? good to be sure. I was not.

Highway during night? Evening? Afternoon? Morning? Early morning? Was there light? If so relevant? No particular time relevant.

I'm afraid to look back = I'm afraid to physically turn my head an look what was behind us? Or is it metaphorically? this Like I'm afraid to look at the past? This
The "something" was intangible right? Yessish, or it might be better to say, not concrete. But could it become tangible as time passes? E.g. fear of beeing caught by police...fear is intangible but it will concretize if you don't run fast...I mean...is it something that was intangible at the time of the thoughts but could concretize itself if a relevant action (like driving at a certain speed) had not been undertaken? Sort-of-ish. Like going somewhere else.

Something = a feeling?Feelings have something to do with it, but also reality.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:58 am

so it is relevant that you were driving right? you both had the same thought and you were sure of it right?

look back = look to the past...a recent past? Like something that happened few minutes ago? Few hours ago? Few days ago? If so, did you have those thought because the something you did? Were you afraid of the consequences of something? Did you commit a little crime? Originally, at the time you go on the car, were you two people or was there also a third person?
Were you driving because you had fear that the "something" was reaching you?

is the result "if the something reach you" or "if you reach the something" the same? If so...negative consequences? Positive? would you still drive if the something reach you or vice versa? If not, because you would not be able? Because you would be obliged to stop? Were you relevantly alone on the highway a part from other vehicles? did you both relevantly look at the rear-view mirror and look if you were able to see something?

"something" = not-concrete...ok...but can it be concretized with something? e.g."time" could be concretized with a clock...if so, was the "reality" part represented by the object which concretizes the "non-concrete" thing? (e.g. you look at your clock and think: "Time is gaining on us"..which makes no sense but hopefully gives the idea). Here some guesses of the something: fear? Concern? An ambulance? A siren? An alarm? Something on the radio?
Earnest

Postby Solong » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:06 am

ook back = look to the past...a recent past? Like something that happened few minutes ago? Few hours ago? Few days ago? If so, did you have those thought because the something you did? Were you afraid of the consequences of something?Distant rather than recent past. Did you commit a little crime? No crime.Originally, at the time you go on the car, were you two people or was there also a third person? We were traveling, but means of transport or number of people n.r..
Were you driving because you had fear that the "something" was reaching you?

is the result "if the something reach you" or "if you reach the something" the same? If so...negative consequences? Positive? would you still drive if the something reach you or vice versa? There would be negative consequences if the 'something' reached us. If not, because you would not be able? Because you would be obliged to stop? Were you relevantly alone on the highway a part from other vehicles? did you both relevantly look at the rear-view mirror and look if you were able to see something?No, not literally.

"something" = not-concrete...ok...but can it be concretized with something? e.g."time" could be concretized with a clock...if so, was the "reality" part represented by the object which concretizes the "non-concrete" thing? (e.g. you look at your clock and think: "Time is gaining on us"..which makes no sense but hopefully gives the idea). I guess you could say it could be 'concretized' on a map.Here some guesses of the something: fear? Had we taken it sesriously, we would b e fearful.Concern? An ambulance? A siren? An alarm? Something on the radio?We were listening to something on the radio.
This puzzle has to do with what I have been doing the last few weeks/months while not puzzling.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:58 am

Wow...so...were you simply traveling? Or were you "looking for somethi g"? (E.g. a tornado hunter? A photographer?...)

The sonething could be concretized on a map...so...a paper map? I mean...it is not something like traffic? A metheorological condition (rain? Lightning? Tornado?) a distance?

Can it be said that you were in the middle of sonething? E.g. in the middle of a storm so that you didn't know if you were reaching it or if it was reaching you?
Earnest

Postby Solong » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:31 pm

concretized on a map...so...a paper map? I mean...it is not something like traffic? A metheorological condition (rain? Lightning? Tornado?) a distance?
[b][b]
[/b]
Can it be said that you were in the middle of sonething? E.g. in the middle of a storm so that you didn't know if you were reaching it or if it was reaching you?Yessish

Earnest

Solong

Postby GalFisk » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 am

Are they storm chasers? Getting caught up in the weather they want to observe?
GalFisk

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles