[GalFisk] This annoys me

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[GalFisk] This annoys me

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 am

I like all three things, but last week they annoyed me for days.
Last edited by GalFisk on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GalFisk

Re: [GalFisk]This annoys me

Postby Earnest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:09 pm

Does one of those things have notifications? Internet connected?

Three things = three concrete things? Solid things? Are those things connected to entertainment mainly? An hobby you have? Food? Are those connected to each other?
Lateral puzzles involved?

Last week = Specifically the week with new year eve and Christmas? Did those things annoyed you also last year in the same period? Because you would like to spend time with your relatives?

Annoyed = from time to time? Always? In regular time slots (e.g. every day at the same hour? Every hour? Every two hours?...) ? Is there a relevant mean through which the things or one of them annpyed you? E.g. a sound? A physical disturb? An itch? Confusion? The need of getting up every time? The need of performing a certain action? If the latter, the same for the three things?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:54 pm

Does one of those things have notifications? Internet connected? No.

Three things = three concrete things? Yes. Solid things? Yes. Are those things connected to entertainment mainly? One is, DOYD of entertainment. An hobby you have? Food? No to both. Are those connected to each other? Yes.
Lateral puzzles involved? No.

Last week = Specifically the week with new year eve and Christmas? Yes. Did those things annoyed you also last year in the same period? No. Because you would like to spend time with your relatives? No.

Annoyed = from time to time? Always? In regular time slots (e.g. every day at the same hour? This. Every hour? Every two hours?...) ? Is there a relevant mean through which the things or one of them annpyed you? Yes. E.g. a sound? A physical disturb? This. An itch? Confusion? The need of getting up every time? The need of performing a certain action? They affected a certain necessary action. If the latter, the same for the three things? All three things together created the situation.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Same hour = in the afternoon? Evening? Morning? During breakfast? Dinner? Lunch?
Did they annoy you while at your house? Outside? While working? Are those three things connected to your work? Do you like them in the same context in which they annoy you? Did they annoy you specifically because during Cheistmas week you are more relaxed? Technology involved? Electronic? Christmas three?

Did they annoy you because you've heard about them a lot of times? E.g. in television? At the radio? Are those things somehow connected with Christmas? Are those things located in your house? In your workplace? Do you bring them with you depending on where you go? If one of those three things were not present, would the situation annoy you or even take place? If not is this because all three are necessary in order a specific service is provided? Do the three things usually work if and only if they are together?

Physical disturb = you stanging up? You pressing a button? You whistle? You turn off or turn on something? Allow something not to turn off?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Same hour = in the afternoon? This. Evening? Morning? And this. During breakfast? Dinner? Lunch? No to the others.
Did they annoy you while at your house? Outside? This. While working? No, but... Are those three things connected to your work? No, but... Do you like them in the same context in which they annoy you? No. Did they annoy you specifically because during Cheistmas week you are more relaxed? No. Technology involved? Very basic tech, Electronic? Christmas three? No to both.

Did they annoy you because you've heard about them a lot of times? E.g. in television? At the radio? Are those things somehow connected with Christmas? Are those things located in your house? In your workplace? Do you bring them with you depending on where you go? No to all. If one of those three things were not present, would the situation annoy you or even take place? No. If not is this because all three are necessary in order a specific service is provided? Well, a service of sorts was provided. Do the three things usually work if and only if they are together? If they are not together, they do different things

Physical disturb = you stanging up? You pressing a button? You whistle? You turn off or turn on something? Allow something not to turn off? No to all.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Do you meet them while going to work? On the street? Os snow relevant? Ice? Cold? Music? Christmas? Shopping? Gifts?

Very basic tech = a light? Mean of transports relevant? Train? Car? Subway?

Phisical disturb = they don't allow you to do something? (Like to take a seat?) Advertisment relevant?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:14 pm

Do you meet them while going to work? On the street? No to both. Os snow relevant? Ice? This. Cold? And this. Music? Christmas? Shopping? Gifts?

Very basic tech = a light? Mean of transports relevant? This. Train? Car? Subway? No to all.

Phisical disturb = they don't allow you to do something? (Like to take a seat?) No, but OTRT. Advertisment relevant? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Ski relevant? Snowmobile?

Mean of transport = a motorized one? Has it got wheels? Airplane? Sled?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 am

Ski relevant? Snowmobile? No to both.

Mean of transport = a motorized one? Has it got wheels? Airplane? Sled? This. A sled is one of the things.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:50 am

Is the sled physically connected (e.g. with ropes) to one of the three other things annoying you? Is the sled in a specific ppace? Is it a motorized sled? Do children annoy you?

Santa relevant? Chimney?

Are the two other things connected to ice and cold as well? To sleds? To children? To cleaning the streets from snow? Snow itself? Viability? Visibility? Pipes? Water pipes?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:41 pm

Is the sled physically connected (e.g. with ropes) to one of the three other things annoying you? Yesish. Is the sled in a specific ppace? Yope. Is it a motorized sled? No. Do children annoy you? One of the things is a child (I otherwise like kids).

Santa relevant? Chimney? No to both.

Are the two other things connected to ice and cold as well? No. To sleds? Yope. To children? Yes. To cleaning the streets from snow? Snow itself? Viability? Visibility? Pipes? Water pipes? No to the rest.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 am

So one thing are sleds, the other children (on sleds). We need to figure out the third one connected to the previous two right? Is the third object a similar mean of transport like a bob? Is it choir of people going from house to house?
To be sure children + sled = children going on the sled right?

Is the third thing more connected to Christmas? Related to gifts? Related to the use of streets improperly (e.g. to go on a sled)? To the parents of the children who let them go on the sled? To the use of something improperly in order to play eith the sled? Relevant what is used to drag the sled? A dog?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:29 am

So one thing are sleds, the other children (on sleds). Correct (one child). We need to figure out the third one connected to the previous two right? Yes. Is the third object a similar mean of transport like a bob? No. Is it choir of people going from house to house? No.
To be sure children + sled = children going on the sled right? Yes.

Is the third thing more connected to Christmas? No. Related to gifts? Assume no. Related to the use of streets improperly (e.g. to go on a sled)? No, but... To the parents of the children who let them go on the sled? A parent is the third thing. To the use of something improperly in order to play eith the sled? No. Relevant what is used to drag the sled? Yes. A dog? No.

Quick recap/rephraze: I like both sleds, children and parents, but last week a parent with a child on a sled annoyed me every morning and afternoon for days.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:38 am

Ok so...did the parent drag the sled? He personally? Hope not something like he very slowly drove a car with the sled in which was sit his son? Did the three annoy you because: they don't allow you to easily going out from your house? They do something improperly on your garden? They accumulate snow somewhere?
Did they annoy you just when the sled is dragged and the child was on the sled? Did they go out every morning and every afternoon? To have fun? Make noise?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:41 am

Ok so...did the parent drag the sled? He personally? Yes. Hope not something like he very slowly drove a car with the sled in which was sit his son? No, nothing dangerous was done. Did the three annoy you because: they don't allow you to easily going out from your house? They do something improperly on your garden? No to both. They accumulate snow somewhere? No, but OTRT.
Did they annoy you just when the sled is dragged and the child was on the sled? No, good q. Did they go out every morning and every afternoon? No. To have fun? Make noise? Irrelevant.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:53 am

Did they relevantly wash out the snow from the sled? Relecant where did the snow/ice fall? Like you live in an apartment they live above you and they clean up the sled all over your house?

Rlevelant where they place the sled once they have used it? Above something relevant? Below? Near?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 pm

Did they relevantly wash out the snow from the sled? No. Relecant where did the snow/ice fall? So no. Like you live in an apartment they live above you and they clean up the sled all over your house? No, OTWT.

Rlevelant where they place the sled once they have used it? No. Above something relevant? Below? Near? Irr.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:00 pm

...sorry...what does OTWT mean? XD

Relevant where the child was drag by the father? On the street? Did they create a place where to go with the sled? Did something happen at that time in the morning and afternoon? That the child and the father have fun with the sled? Is it relevant the cleaning of the street? Sled traces relevant?
Earnest

Postby Balin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:41 pm

OTWT = on the wrong track
Balin

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Thanks Balin!
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Relevant where the child was drag by the father? Yes. On the street? No, but... Did they create a place where to go with the sled? Irr. Did something happen at that time in the morning and afternoon? Yes. That the child and the father have fun with the sled? No. Is it relevant the cleaning of the street? Yope. Sled traces relevant? Yes.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Was he drag on the sidewalk? Do you slide due to the traces? Thing that happened morning and afternoon = child drag by the father? You going out of your house?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:30 pm

Was he drag on the sidewalk? No but OTRT. Do you slide due to the traces? Noish, explore.Thing that happened morning and afternoon = child drag by the father? No. You going out of your house? Yes.
GalFisk

Postby JenBurdoo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Did they leave a relevant track in the snow? One you did not want? Bells relevant?
JenBurdoo

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:29 pm

Did they leave a relevant track Yes. in the snow? No. One you did not want? Yes, why? Bells relevant? No.
GalFisk

Postby JenBurdoo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:33 pm

Were you trying to make your own track and they were crossing it? Trying to smooth out the snow for some purpose? Would they have stopped, or found another route, had you asked them or explained the issue?
JenBurdoo

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:35 pm

ere you trying to make your own track and they were crossing it? No. Trying to smooth out the snow for some purpose? No, FA. Would they have stopped, or found another route, had you asked them or explained the issue? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Was it drag in a place where grass should grow thus not allowing the grass to grow?

You going out = by car? By feet? Did you always need to mind not to kill the child being dragged? Is it more annoyong when the father drag the child? When he does not?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:18 pm

Was it drag in a place where grass should grow thus not allowing the grass to grow? No.

You going out = by car? By feet? No to both. Did you always need to mind not to kill the child being dragged? No. Is it more annoyong when the father drag the child? When he does not? It is annoying after.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:01 am

Did they put snow in a place where you do not want snow in order the sled to slide?

...well...to be honest I'm feeling loke I'm having the solution right in front of me but cannot achieve it...so...the thing annoying you are traces which are in a particular place right? I infer, please correct me if I'm wrong, that the place where you do not want traces or has something important under the snowpack (e.g. electric wires/pipes?) or is a surface that must be maintained smooth, right? Eventually is there something like a sensor/alarm which is covered by the snowpack and makes noise every time the sled slide over it?

Do the traces annoy you because they are dangerous? Because you want to drag your son with a sled as well?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm

Did they put snow in a place where you do not want snow in order the sled to slide? No.

...well...to be honest I'm feeling loke I'm having the solution right in front of me but cannot achieve it...so...the thing annoying you are traces which are in a particular place right? Yes. I infer, please correct me if I'm wrong, that the place where you do not want traces or has something important under the snowpack (e.g. electric wires/pipes?) No. or is a surface that must be maintained smooth, right? Yesish. Eventually is there something like a sensor/alarm which is covered by the snowpack and makes noise every time the sled slide over it? No.

Do the traces annoy you because they are dangerous? Yes. Because you want to drag your son with a sled as well? No.
GalFisk

Postby Balin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:53 am

Did the traces obstruct you in some way? Prevent you from doing something? Prevent something from being done?
Balin

Re: [GalFisk] This annoys me

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:54 am

Did the traces obstruct you in some way? Yes. Prevent you from doing something? No, but...Prevent something from being done? No.
GalFisk

Postby Balin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Do they prevent you from going somewhere? By a certain means of transport? Do they block a door? A path? A road?
Balin

Postby GalFisk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Do they prevent you from going somewhere? No, but... By a certain means of transport? I go by a certain means of transport Do they block a door? No. A path? No, but a path is relevant A road? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 am

Ice skating relevant? Skatinkg relevant? Mean of transport = a conventional one? Ski?(e.g. you have the ski slope in the nearby? ) a mean of transport used in winter? A sled? Did the traces obstruct you physically (I mean the fact that they are lottle holes in the snow) or like indirectly (e.g. traces are used by people to avoid to get wet passing through the snow?)

When you go with the mean of transport are you somehow forced to go along the path? Is it dangerous? Do you cross the path? Is the path made on snow? Does ice form on the path? Is the path deep in the snow?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:02 pm

Ice skating relevant? Skatinkg relevant? No to both.
Mean of transport = a conventional one? Yes. Ski?(e.g. you have the ski slope in the nearby? ) No.
a mean of transport used in winter? Not as often as in the summer. A sled? No. Did the traces obstruct you physically (I mean the fact that they are lottle holes in the snow) Yes, but they were not little holes. or like indirectly (e.g. traces are used by people to avoid to get wet passing through the snow?) No.

When you go with the mean of transport are you somehow forced to go along the path? Is it dangerous? Do you cross the path? Is the path made on snow? Does ice form on the path? Is the path deep in the snow?
Earnest

GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Mean of transport = bycicle?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:48 pm

When you go with the mean of transport are you somehow forced to go along the path? Yes. Is it dangerous? Yes. Do you cross the path? No. Is the path made on snow? It's asphalt, but there's snow on it. Does ice form on the path? Yes. Is the path deep in the snow? No.

Mean of transport = bycicle? Yes.
GalFisk

Postby invisiblemimsy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:55 am

Other people’s tracks relevant? People clearing their drives? Snow which for whatever reason has frozen in patches making treacherous ice? Other bicycles or prams/buggies passing this way so your wheels get stuck in the tracks? Dog poo?
invisiblemimsy

Postby GalFisk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:51 pm

Other people’s tracks relevant? None except those after kid's sled. People clearing their drives? No. Snow which for whatever reason has frozen in patches making treacherous ice? OTRT, explore. Other bicycles or prams/buggies passing this way so your wheels get stuck in the tracks? No. Dog poo? No.
GalFisk

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:51 am

Like wjen you go out with your bike, the wheels are somehow caught by the tracks left in the snow by the sled? Is it relevant that there are always holes in the snow due to the tracks? Does it imply some differebce in temeperature? Formation of ice? Ice skating of the bycicle?

Is there a slippery substance under the sled?(you know like the one under ski)? Is the attrition of sled on snow relevant?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:13 pm

SPOILER:
The sled made tracks in the ice slush on the bike path, and then the slush froze. The tracks stayed there for days, as no new snow or thaw came. Cycling paralell to the tracks was quite annoying and risky, because if I got a wheel into one of the tracks, it could get caught on the edge when I tried to turn.
Thanks for playing.
GalFisk

Re: [GalFisk] This annoys me (SOLVED)

Postby Earnest » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:55 pm

Thank you GalFisk!
Earnest

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles