[Doriana] Rivers

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Doriana] Rivers

Postby Doriana » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:37 pm

Jen and Laura regularly use swear words to help people. How?

(Based on a meme I saw, so it must be true)
Doriana

Re: [Doriana] Rivers

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:50 pm

Are Jen and Laura H/A/F? Are they related? Friends? Coworkers? Is their country of origin relevant?

Are they LOLcats? Can they haz cheezburgur? (Just thought I'd check)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 pm

Are Jen and Laura H/A/F? yes Are they related? no Friends? irrel Coworkers? yes Is their country of origin relevant? not particularly, so don't focus on this

Are they LOLcats? nope Can they haz cheezburgur? (Just thought I'd check) They probably can, but irrel
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:25 pm

are Jen and Laura equal in status at their work? is one the supervisor of the other? Boss? if so, is Jen Laura's superior? or the other way around?

is the nature of their work relevant?

are they speech therapists who practice Lionel Logue's methods? (*has "The King's Speech" in mind* XD)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 pm

are Jen and Laura equal in status at their work? yes is one the supervisor of the other? Boss? if so, is Jen Laura's superior? or the other way around? so, no to rest

is the nature of their work relevant? yes

are they speech therapists who practice Lionel Logue's methods? (*has "The King's Speech" in mind* XD) good idea, but no
Doriana

Postby Zanreo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:33 pm

...if this is the same thing I saw I think i know this one, sending PM
Zanreo

Postby Doriana » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:26 am

...if this is the same thing I saw I think i know this one, sending PM
That's it indeed
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:18 pm

are the people Jen and Laura help human? adult? male? female? relevant?

are they teachers? therapists? do they have a blog? a podcast? "My favorite murder" podcast? (XD Those two ladies swear a lot that's for sure XDDD)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby invisiblemimsy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Blood transfusions relevant? Other medical?
invisiblemimsy

Postby Doriana » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 pm

are the people Jen and Laura help human? adult? male? female? relevant? H/A/mixed

are they teachers? therapists? do they have a blog? a podcast? no to all "My favorite murder" podcast? (XD Those two ladies swear a lot that's for sure XDDD) Haven't heard of that one, but will check it out

Blood transfusions relevant? Other medical? no to all
Doriana

Postby biograd » Fri May 04, 2018 4:53 pm

By "using" swear words, do Jen and Laura speak them? write them? type them? Use the concept of them as an example of something to prove a point?

Is it relevant which swear words they are? or just the fact that they ARE swear words? To make sure, we are talking about expletives here, not "words spoken in the course of swearing that something is true"?
biograd

Postby Doriana » Mon May 07, 2018 6:56 pm

By "using" swear words, do Jen and Laura speak them? this write them? type them? Use the concept of them as an example of something to prove a point?

Is it relevant which swear words they are? yesish or just the fact that they ARE swear words? To make sure, we are talking about expletives here, not "words spoken in the course of swearing that something is true"? correct
Doriana

Postby Balin » Wed May 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Do they work in languages? Linguistics?
Balin

Postby Jane The Awesome » Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 pm

Do they help the broad public? A specific group of people? Do they swear: publicly (on tv, the radio, etc), just in front of the people they help, privately (just jen and laura by themselves)?
Jane The Awesome

Postby LemonCurry » Mon May 14, 2018 9:17 am

Are Jen and Laura together when they are using the swearwords? Are they swearing at each other? Relevant that they are two People? Could this be done by a single person? Is anyone supposed to repeat the swearwords?

Are the swearwords used as mnemonics?

Time, place and/or language relevant?
LemonCurry

Postby Doriana » Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 am

Do they work in languages? Linguistics? no to both

Do they help the broad public? A specific group of people? this Do they swear: publicly (on tv this, explore , the radio, etc), just in front of the people they help, privately (just jen and laura by themselves)?

Are Jen and Laura together when they are using the swearwords? yes Are they swearing at each other? no Relevant that they are two People? not really Could this be done by a single person? yes Is anyone supposed to repeat the swearwords? no

Are the swearwords used as mnemonics? no

Time, place and/or language relevant? Time only insofar as they swear on TV (see above), and for places and languages, I think that several would work
Doriana

Postby Westing1992 » Mon May 21, 2018 5:29 pm

Are they fined for swearing? Are the words considered "mild" as far as swears go? Strong? Are the people they help viewers of the program? Do viewers recognize that they're swearing? Are they swear words, but used in a context that makes them not rude (i.e. jackass?)
Westing1992

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Mon May 21, 2018 5:44 pm

are the swearwords censored out of the tv show?
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Mon May 21, 2018 5:51 pm

Are they fined for swearing? no Are the words considered "mild" as far as swears go? Strong? strong enough to be censored, see below Are the people they help viewers of the program? no Do viewers recognize that they're swearing? no Are they swear words, but used in a context that makes them not rude (i.e. jackass?) They are not used with the intention to be rude, if that's what you mean

are the swearwords censored out of the tv show? yes! Very good q!
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Mon May 21, 2018 6:01 pm

okay, relevant how they are censored? with noises? like the typical 'bleep' noise?

does the censoring reveal any sort of pattern? if it's that noise, does it turn into a Morse code message of some kind for people? (no idea where that thought came from)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Mon May 21, 2018 6:20 pm

okay, relevant how they are censored? Yes, and "censored" is maybe not the best word with noises? like the typical 'bleep' noise? no to both

does the censoring reveal any sort of pattern? if it's that noise, does it turn into a Morse code message of some kind for people? (no idea where that thought came from) no to these
Doriana

Postby Enjay » Mon May 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Does the sound go silent when they swear? Does the picture cut away? Cut to black?

Are they TV presenters? Actors? Members of the public featured on TV? Are they trying to stop someone else being heard or seen on TV by swearing so that the relevant person/thing won't be on TV?
Enjay

Postby Doriana » Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 pm

Does the sound go silent when they swear? Does the picture cut away? Cut to black? No to all, potential FA

Are they TV presenters? yes! Actors? Members of the public featured on TV? Are they trying to stop someone else being heard or seen on TV by swearing so that the relevant person/thing won't be on TV? yes!
Doriana

Postby Enjay » Tue May 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Do they swear by speaking out loud?
Are they on camera when they swear? About to be on camera?
Are the people they are helping also TV presenters? People appearing on TV? People who would be swearing on TV if not for the swearing?
Do they present a news programme? Factual programme? Gameshow?
Enjay

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles