[invisiblemimsy] Equal Rights For Cyborgs

An archive of solved lateral thinking puzzles.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[invisiblemimsy] Equal Rights For Cyborgs

Postby invisiblemimsy » Fri May 11, 2018 6:54 pm

Simon Borg wanted to be a cyborg, but they wouldn’t let him use his special powers.

[ROIMBT, no googling please.]
Last edited by invisiblemimsy on Fri May 18, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
invisiblemimsy

Re: [invisiblemimsy] Equal Rights For Cyborgs

Postby Earnest » Sat May 12, 2018 7:09 am

Ok...Simon Borg = HAM? Relavant his surname? (I mean...Borg = Cy - borg xD).
They = a group of people? H A Mixed? More than 10 people? A generic "they"?

He wanted to be a cyborg = a humanoid? A mixture among a robot and a human? Did it happen in the past? Future? Indefined time?...
Well WAG...had Simon some physical problem (e.g. he could not walk and wanted some high tech prothesis...)? Special powers = something he can do tough his problems? Something that is considered "normal" by people without his problems? Or something special by "normal" people even?
Does the fact of becoming a cyborg "negative" in that it would turn his special powers into a "normal" to do?
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Sat May 12, 2018 8:33 am

Earnest wrote:Ok...Simon Borg = HAM? yes Relavant his surname? (I mean...Borg = Cy - borg xD).Irrel
They = a group of people? this H A Mixed? More than 10 people? A generic "they"?

He wanted to be a cyborg = a humanoid? A mixture among a robot and a human? This is closest Did it happen in the past? Future? Indefined time?... A year or two ago
Well WAG...had Simon some physical problem (e.g. he could not walk and wanted some high tech prothesis...)? No Special powers = something he can do tough his problems? He has NO problems (except for "them/they" Something that is considered "normal" by people without his problems? Or something special by "normal" people even? It's considered pretty special by most people... a few people may have done this or something similar
Does the fact of becoming a cyborg "negative" It's not a negative thing per se: some people would consider it a positive in that it would turn his special powers into a "normal" to do? It's not 'normal' or common in 2016 to now.
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Sat May 12, 2018 9:22 am

Is sport relevant? Do his special powers mostly manifest themselves while Simon is working? In every moment of the day? Also when he is sleeping? Does "becoming a cyborg" requires some physical change in Simon? Some operations? Implanting some metal/iron/tytanium other materials things inside his body? ...is some virtual machine involved? A game? Does Simon want to become a cyborg in the real life? Is Simon an astronaut? Is his profession relevant? Sonething related to police? Detection of something illegal? Does his special power concern mostly one of the 5 senses? If so which one?(list of 5 senses)
If not is mostly a special power concerning physical effort? Mental effort? Military relevant? Army?

Would they impeed him to do something had him become a cyborg? They would not let him use his special powers from the moment he becomes a cyborg on? Would his special powers be stronger after he become a cyborg? Be lower? Unchanged? Would his physical appearence be changed? If so a body part in particular? (List of body parts changed) Would he become a cyborg for the rest of his life?
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Sat May 12, 2018 5:31 pm

Earnest wrote:Is sport relevant? No Do his special powers mostly manifest themselves while Simon is working? No In every moment of the day? No Also when he is sleeping? No Does "becoming a cyborg" requires some physical change in Simon? Yes Some operations? yes, one Implanting some metal/iron/tytanium other materials things inside his body? Yes, and one of the materials is metal, irrel what kind...is some virtual machine involved? no A game? no Does Simon want to become a cyborg in the real life? yes Is Simon an astronaut? no Is his profession relevant? no Sonething related to police? no Detection of something illegal? detection of something, not illegal but it's not allowed by "they/them" Does his special power concern mostly one of the 5 senses? If so which one?(list of 5 senses) Touch is closest, but possible FA
If not is mostly a special power concerning physical effort? Mental effort? Military relevant? Army? None of these

Would they impeed him to do something had him become a cyborg? He DID become a cyborg, but... They would not let him use his special powers from the moment he becomes a cyborg on? Yesish... he did manage to use his special powers, but not for very long Would his special powers be stronger after he become a cyborg?He didn't have the special powers before he became a cyborg Be lower? Unchanged? Would his physical appearence be changed? Yes, but only to a very small extent If so a body part in particular? (List of body parts changed) Hand Would he become a cyborg for the rest of his life? In theory he could do, with some updates perhaps, but "they wouldn't let him use his special powers"
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Sat May 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Is metal detector relevant? (Security in airports for instance...)
So he had something made of iron in his hand right? In the palm? In a finger? On the back of the hand? Relevant? Did it contain a button? A cip? Something that could be activated?

Is it possible to have the same special power without being a cyborg? With the implantation in another part of the body? Is the implantation bigger than a ring? Bigger than a tennis ball? Is the shape of the implantation relevant? A square? A microcip? Is it something technological? Did Simon voluntarily had the operation in order to have the something implanted? Or was it necessary? Is wolverine relevant? (Sorry I couldn't resist) piercings? Tattoos?
Is magnetism involved somehow?

"They" = a generic group of people? Someone always present when Simon exploit his special power? Always the same group of people? Police? A specific category of people?
Would they not let him use his special powers for security reasons? Would they impeed him physically to do that? Would just their presence avood that he uses his powers? Would Simon use his powers when they are present?

Had Simon be in a crowded place, would he be able to exploit his powers? Is him able to exploit his powers voluntarily (e.g. by activating something?)? Or does it go behyong his will? (he had the powers permanently activated from the moment he did the operation) is the implant visible at a first glance? Is it under his skin? Has Simon hot relevantly children? A wife? Are the powers to be exploited under certain particular physical conditions? Is the use of the phone relevant? Use of technology? By simon? Bu "they"?
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Sat May 12, 2018 8:36 pm

Earnest wrote:Is metal detector relevant? No (Security in airports for instance...) No
So he had something made of iron in his hand right? Irrel what the metal was In the palm? In a finger? On the back of the hand? The right side of the right hand Relevant? Yes Did it contain a button? no A cip? a chip, yes Something that could be activated? yes

Is it possible to have the same special power without being a cyborg? No With the implantation in another part of the body? In theory it could have been in another part of the body, but this particular power worked best in the hand Is the implantation bigger than a ring? slightly smaller Bigger than a tennis ball? No Is the shape of the implantation relevant? Yes A square? Nearly... a rectangle A microcip? Yes Is it something technological? Yes Did Simon voluntarily had the operation in order to have the something implanted? Yes Or was it necessary? No, but if he wanted the special power then it WAS necessary Is wolverine relevant? :lol: (Sorry I couldn't resist) piercings? No Tattoos? No
Is magnetism involved somehow? I think so, not sure

"They" = a generic group of people? Some generic, some specific Someone always present when Simon exploit his special power? Often Always the same group of people? It varied Police? No A specific category of people? Yes
Would they not let him use his special powers for security reasons? No Would they impeed him physically to do that? So no Would just their presence avood that he uses his powers? Not just that Would Simon use his powers when they are present? Sometimes

Had Simon be in a crowded place, would he be able to exploit his powers? Sometimes the place was crowded, sometimes not, he could use his powers regardless Is him able to exploit his powers voluntarily (e.g. by activating something?)? YES Or does it go behyong his will? (he had the powers permanently activated from the moment he did the operation) soon after is the implant visible at a first glance? No Is it under his skin? Yes Has Simon hot relevantly children? irrel A wife? irrel Are the powers to be exploited under certain particular physical conditions? yes Is the use of the phone relevant? no Use of technology? yes By simon? yes Bu "they"? Yesish
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Sun May 13, 2018 12:36 pm

Is a particular radio signal/wi-fi disturbance happening when Simon activates his chip? Is the microchip due to activate an object? A phone? A device? Is Simon right handed? Does he write with the right hand? Relevant? Is the chip connected with his brain? With a tv? A pc? Is Simon a magician? Does he activate the chip with the left hand? By doimg a particular movement with the hand?
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Sun May 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Earnest wrote:Is a particular radio signal/wi-fi disturbance happening when Simon activates his chip? Yes, I think it's radio signal Is the microchip due to activate an object? A phone? A device? this Is Simon right handed? yes Does he write with the right hand? yes Relevant? No Is the chip connected with his brain? no With a tv? no A pc? no Is Simon a magician? no Does he activate the chip with the left hand? he uses the hand the chip is in, i.e. the right hand. By doimg a particular movement with the hand? yes
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Tue May 15, 2018 6:23 am

Punches relevant? Hand recognition? Whenever the chip is activated, is the device turned on? Turned off? Could be both? A radio signal is emitted to mislead the device? To make other operations than just turning it on/off? Is the device bigger than an iPad? Is it phone related? Pc related? Is it something that Simon could have in his pocket? Is it a vehicle?(can a vehicle be a device?) Is it related to a vehicle? (E.g. the electronic keys of his car) does the chip substitute the device/substitute a component normally given with the device? (E.g. the key of the car) A remote control for something? For sonething related to his house?(e.g. garage/alarm...)
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue May 15, 2018 9:25 am

Earnest wrote:Punches relevant? no Hand recognition? no Whenever the chip is activated, is the device turned on? Turned off? Could be both? A radio signal is emitted to mislead the device? i don’t think so, but I’d have to say no or irrel. To make other operations than just turning it on/off? yes Is the device bigger than an iPad? similar size I think Is it phone related? Pc related? Is it something that Simon could have in his pocket? Is it a vehicle?(can a vehicle be a device?) no to these Is it related to a vehicle? yes but poss FA (E.g. the electronic keys of his car) no does the chip substitute the device/substitute a component normally given with the device? yes (E.g. the key of the car) not this A remote control for something? not in the usual sense we think of a “remote control” but you could say it remotely controls something For sonething related to his house?(e.g. garage/alarm...)no
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Tue May 15, 2018 2:15 pm

Ok...is it a vehicle like a car model? A public mean of transport?...does it communicate a code to a device?...a bar code? A system of payment?

WAG is it like the chip of credit cards implanted on the hand?
WAG2...one or two months ago I actually came up with the news that Amazon was planning to do something like implanting chips in his employee...don't remember if it is actually in their hand...but it was to remember who has done a package basically...is it something like this?

...I've noticed that my whole line of reasonament is in the post ahahahha don't distry me!
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue May 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Edit from above - part of it IS something Simon could have in his pocket, if he didn't have the chip embedded in his hand.

Earnest wrote:Ok...is it a vehicle like a car model? No A public mean of transport?... yes does it communicate a code to a device?...a bar code? A system of payment? this

WAG is it like the chip of credit cards implanted on the hand? very similar to a credit card
WAG2...one or two months ago I actually came up with the news that Amazon was planning to do something like implanting chips in his employee...don't remember if it is actually in their hand...but it was to remember who has done a package basically...is it something like this? Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about!

...I've noticed that my whole line of reasonament is in the post ahahahha don't distry me!You're doing really well actually
invisiblemimsy

Postby biograd » Thu May 17, 2018 4:51 pm

Bitcoin relevant? Did he try and implant his Bitcoin wallet? (I could imagine one of the die-hard fanboys might try something like this)
biograd

Postby invisiblemimsy » Thu May 17, 2018 7:26 pm

biograd wrote:Bitcoin relevant? Did he try and implant his Bitcoin wallet? (I could imagine one of the die-hard fanboys might try something like this) Great idea, but no.
Something less radical!
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Fri May 18, 2018 7:08 am

Is it a pass? A scanning code? (Btw...with public mean of transport I mean that he is passenger on the mean of transport right? Or is him the controller/other workers)

Public mean of transports = bus? Train? Airplane? Tram? Subway? Others?
Can it also be ised in other contexts? Shops? Other places where a payment is required?

He pays virtually right? So if it's very similar to a credit card...is it the chip of credit cards? Is the chip connected with his bank account? With his credit card? With something in his pocket? Is it a sort of badge?
Does he use the chip mainly at the entrance of a station? Instead of a ticket? To open the doors of the subway?

Relevant the reason why they do not let him use it? They do not trust the payment method? Or they do not let him use it when there is need to pay with banknotes? Or also in other situations
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Fri May 18, 2018 10:20 am

Earnest wrote:Is it a pass? YES A scanning code? Yes (Btw...with public mean of transport I mean that he is passenger on the mean of transport right? Yes Or is him the controller/other workers) No

Public mean of transports = bus? Yes Train? Yes Airplane? No Tram? No Subway? Yes Others? No
Can it also be ised in other contexts? Shops? Other places where a payment is required? No I don't think so, irrel anyway Specifically, it is TFL (Transport For London) and the card is known as an Oyster Card. It's contactless.

He pays virtually right? yes So if it's very similar to a credit card...is it the chip of credit cards? yes Is the chip connected with his bank account? yes With his credit card? With something in his pocket? he would normally keep it in his pocket Is it a sort of badge? no
Does he use the chip mainly at the entrance of a station? Yes, and at the exit Instead of a ticket? It's considered to be an actual ticket, or the equivalent of a ticket To open the doors of the subway? no

Relevant the reason why they do not let him use it? yes They do not trust the payment method? Or they do not let him use it when there is need to pay with banknotes? Or also in other situations not these

*****************$POILER****************************

Simon Borg is a geek, and he decides to take the RFID chip out of his Oyster Card and implant it in the side of his right hand... because he can. For a while, whenever he travels on the London Underground, he waves his hand at the contact plate at each station. This calculates the distance he has travelled and deducts the money from his bank account, just like it would if the chip was still in the card. It gives him a small buzz of satisfaction each time he does this.

However, Transport for London (TFL) cotton on to what he is doing. Even though they get their money just the same, they do not like Simon tampering with what they consider to be company property. They prosecute him for riding without a ticket, and issue a replacement card with a different chip so that he can't use his hand any more.
invisiblemimsy

Re: [invisiblemimsy] Equal Rights For Cyborgs [HE HAD HIS CH

Postby Earnest » Fri May 18, 2018 11:00 am

Cool...Simon was a genious !!!
Earnest

Return to Solved Lateral Thinking Puzzles