[invisiblemimsy] Trash

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[invisiblemimsy] Trash

Postby invisiblemimsy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:51 pm

When I say, “Vladimir,” my dog walks to the dustbin.
invisiblemimsy

Re: [invisiblemimsy] Trash

Postby irishelk » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:59 pm

When we say "cigarette," our dog runs for the back door! :)

Is the dog expecting you to go to the dustbin? Is he expecting food? Out of the dustbin? Or does he expect some other reward? A toy? Play time?

When you say "Vladimir," are you referring to someone you know? Putin? Lenin? Have you taught your dog this behavior on purpose?
irishelk

Postby invisiblemimsy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:08 pm

irishelk wrote:When we say "cigarette," our dog runs for the back door! :)
:lol: "My dog's a blacksmith. When I shout at him, he makes a bolt for the door!"

Is the dog expecting you to go to the dustbin? yes Is he expecting food? no Out of the dustbin? Heaven forfend! Or does he expect some other reward? A toy? Play time? Irrel

When you say "Vladimir," are you referring to someone you know? Not personally Putin? Yes Lenin? Have you taught your dog this behavior on purpose? Yes
invisiblemimsy

Postby Balin » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Are the words "put in" relevant? Is the pronunciation of "Putin" relevant?
Balin

Postby invisiblemimsy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Balin wrote:Are the words "put in" relevant? No, but OTRT Is the pronunciation of "Putin" relevant? yes
invisiblemimsy

Postby irishelk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:04 am

Is the dog doing a trick you taught him? Or preparing to do a trick? If so, do you intend for him or her to do it? (Sorry, I realized I assumed your dog's sex earlier!)

Does your dog open the bin for you? Put something in it? Is the dog waiting there for something?

Is "Putin" acting as a sound-alike for something else? "Putting" as in "putting down"? "Putting" as in golf? Poutine? =)
irishelk

Postby invisiblemimsy » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:11 pm

[quote="irishelk"]Is the dog doing a trick you taught him? Yes Or preparing to do a trick? If so, do you intend for him or her to do it? Yes (Sorry, I realized I assumed your dog's sex earlier!) No worries!

So basically, I say "Vladimir," the dog walks to the bin, then she does the trick.

Does your dog open the bin for you? I open the bin for her, but irrel Put something in it? yes Is the dog waiting there for something? no

Is "Putin" acting as a sound-alike for something else? Yes "Putting" as in "putting down"? no "Putting" as in golf? no Poutine? =) Haha! And not "puta" either
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Do you pronounce the word 'Putin'? If so after having opened the bin? Do you want the dog to put something in the bin? Relevant what? Trash?
Newspapers?

then she does the trick = without you adding more words? You just open the bin and she put something in it?

Is your dog's name relevant? How you call her? Where the bin is? Pronunciation of putin = accent relevant? If so on the u? On the i? Pause relevant (e.g. pu-tin; put-in; puti-n; p-utin...)? Relevant the pronunciation of the u as "iu"? Of the i as "ai"? Does it sound like a bad word in another language (putein in french is like bitch)?
Relecant why you refer to putin and not to someone else?
Earnest

Postby invisiblemimsy » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Earnest wrote:Do you pronounce the word 'Putin'? no I just say ‘Vladimir’. If so after having opened the bin? Do you want the dog to put something in the bin? yes Relevant what? yes Trash? yes
Newspapers? no

then she does the trick = without you adding more words? yes You just open the bin and she put something in it? yes

Is your dog's name relevant? no How you call her? no Where the bin is? its the dustbin outside the house Pronunciation of putin = accent relevant? If so on the u? On the i? Pause relevant (e.g. pu-tin; put-in; puti-n; p-utin...)? Relevant the pronunciation of the u as "iu"? Of the i as "ai"? like this: https://youtu.be/mbFlSVdHe9A Does it sound like a bad word in another language (putein in french is like bitch)?not a bad word as such, but it does sound like another word in English
Relecant why you refer to putin and not to someone else?yes, and therein lies the puzzle.
invisiblemimsy

Postby Earnest » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:01 pm

Ok so you do not say Putin but how it does sound is relevant right? Have you trained your dog with the word putin? Does she recognize a relevant sound made by another person?
Is door to door separate collection relevant? Do you say Vladimir just when something happen (e.g. the trash is taken by workers in separate collection sector...)? Or any time you need something to be thrown?
Earnest

Postby irishelk » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Is the dog's name relevant? Relevant what type of trash is being thrown away? Does she gather the trash for you? Take the trash from you? Fetch it?

Is your dog reacting because she has heard "Vladimir Putin" enough times to associate "Vladimir" with the word that sounds like "Putin"? Has she been trained specifically to react to "Vladimir"?

Is "dustbin" itself the word that sounds like "Putin" to her? Just "bin"? Something-else-"bin"?
irishelk

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:22 pm

Earnest wrote:Ok so you do not say Putin but how it does sound is relevant right? Yes Have you trained your dog with the word putin? No Does she recognize a relevant sound made by another person? No
Is door to door separate collection relevant? No Do you say Vladimir just when something happen (e.g. the trash is taken by workers in separate collection sector...)? I say 'Vladimir' after something happens, but not the example you gave Or any time you need something to be thrown? no
invisiblemimsy

Postby invisiblemimsy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

irishelk wrote:Is the dog's name relevant? no Relevant what type of trash is being thrown away? yes Does she gather the trash for you? No, I gather the trash Take the trash from you? yes Fetch it? no

Is your dog reacting because she has heard "Vladimir Putin" enough times to associate "Vladimir" with the word that sounds like "Putin"? She never hears "Vladimir Putin", just "Vladimir", but yes, she has heard "Vladimir" enough times. Has she been trained specifically to react to "Vladimir"? Yes

Is "dustbin" itself the word that sounds like "Putin" to her? No Just "bin"? Something-else-"bin"? OTRT with rhyme, but she doesn't think of it like that -
she just thinks of "Vladimir" as a command.
invisiblemimsy

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles