[Solong]Is this familiar?

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[Solong]Is this familiar?

Postby Solong » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:10 am

Her name is Isabella, and she is quite informal.
Solong

Re: [Solong]Is this familiar?

Postby GalFisk » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:47 am

Her=she? Her=H? A? F? Informal: not formal? Is a pun relevant?
GalFisk

Postby Solong » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:55 pm

Her=she? Yes.Her=H? aha! No.A? YesF? Yes, but n.r.Informal: not formal? correct.Is a pun relevant? No.
Solong

Postby jumpingjacks » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Is she a living thing? an animal? a robot? a virtual a.i assistant like Alexa or Siri?
jumpingjacks

Postby invisiblemimsy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:09 pm

So she's an adult, female ... animal? Mutant? Robot? Extraterrestrial? Something else?

Is it one of those things that goes: Her name is Isabella, and she is quite informal... His name is Joffrey, and he is jealous...
invisiblemimsy

Postby Solong » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:31 pm

Is she a living thing? Yes. an animal? Yes. a robot? a virtual a.i assistant like Alexa or Siri? No to these.
Solong

Postby Solong » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:33 pm

So she's an adult, female ... animal?Yes. Mutant? Robot? Extraterrestrial? Something else?

Is it one of those things that goes: Her name is Isabella, and she is quite informal... His name is Joffrey, and he is jealous... That hadn't occurred to me, so no.
Solong

Postby Earnest » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:47 am

To be sure animal = animate animal? Inanimate animal (e.g. a peluche?)?

Is informality the best adjective to describe this animal in general? Animal = can I inboke the list of species? Does she live on earth? Air? Sea?
Does her informality mainly come from her aspect? What she repeats (e.g. a papagei?) Is she domestic? A pet? A peluche? Relevant who chose her name? The owner? The owner of a zoo? She herself? Relevant her name (Isabella sounds like hispanic)?
Earnest

Postby GalFisk » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:23 pm

WAG: is she a penguin who doesn't look like she's wearing a formal suit?
GalFisk

Postby Solong » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:36 pm

To be sure animal = animate animal? A living, animate animal. Inanimate animal (e.g. a peluche?)?

Is informality the best adjective to describe this animal in general? n.r. Animal = can I inboke the list of species? She is a bird.Does she live on earth? this Air? Sea? and this
Does her informality mainly come from her aspect? YesWhat she repeats (e.g. a papagei?) Is she domestic? No.A pet? No. A peluche? What is this? Relevant who chose her name? I did.The owner? The owner of a zoo? She herself? All n.r. Relevant her name (Isabella sounds like hispanic)? The name is relevant; the name is indeed hispanic, but 'she' is not.
Solong

Postby Solong » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:44 pm

WAG: is she a penguin who doesn't look like she's wearing a formal suit?

******************SPOILER*****************
Yes, this is one of those (in)famous penguin puzzles. 'She' is an isabelline penguin. Due to a genetic quirk, she is a very light tan with a golden sheen, like palomino coloration in horses. 'Isabelline' was a popular color for fashion in Medieval Spain, and the name of the color was applied to the animal.
Solong

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles