[CoffeeBean] Don't Blink

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[CoffeeBean] Don't Blink

Postby CoffeeBean » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:19 pm

I thought it happened on Wednesday, but it didn't. I'll find out on Monday if it has happened.
It might not have ever happened in my father's lifetime. It hasn't yet happened in mine.
My kids will let me know if it happens after Monday.
What is it?
CoffeeBean

Re: [CoffeeBean] Don't Blink

Postby wolfier » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Do you need to do anything to find out on Monday if it has happened? Would your kids let you know? Would they only let you know if it happens after Monday? (thus they'll not let you know if it has already happened)? Could the puzzle work if you changed the days of week to different days?
Could you have let your father know if it happened in his lifetime? Are your kids adults or children? Relevant?
wolfier

Postby CoffeeBean » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Do you need to do anything to find out on Monday if it has happened? Yes
Would your kids let you know? Yes, I'm sure they will if I don't do the thing that allows me to find out
Would they only let you know if it happens after Monday? (thus they'll not let you know if it has already happened)? Yes, but something else would need to happen Could the puzzle work if you changed the days of week to different days? Yes...and at the same time no. This is a good question.
Could you have let your father know if it happened in his lifetime? Yes Are your kids adults or children? Relevant? They are children, young adult age. Their exact ages are not relevant.
CoffeeBean

Postby Balin » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Can it only happen on certain days of the week? In certain months? in certain locations?
Balin

Postby biograd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:14 am

Is this occurrence a natural phenomenon (e.g. related to weather, the moon, tides, etc.)? Is it related to human "doings" (e.g. the outcome of a sporting event, a political vote, etc.)? Is it something purely logical/mathematical (e.g. holidays falling on certain days of the week, the number of the year containing certain combinations of digits)?

Is there any person in the world who could willfully cause it to happen? a group of people?
biograd

Postby CoffeeBean » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Can it only happen on certain days of the week? In certain months? Yes to both
In certain locations? Yes...but FA lurking in both questions

Is this occurrence a natural phenomenon (e.g. related to weather, the moon, tides, etc.)? No Is it related to human "doings" (e.g. the outcome of a sporting event, a political vote, etc.)? Yes
Is it something purely logical/mathematical (e.g. holidays falling on certain days of the week, the number of the year containing certain combinations of digits)? No

Is there any person in the world who could willfully cause it to happen? Not one single person, no a group of people? Yes, this
CoffeeBean

Postby GalFisk » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 am

Is the outcome random? A result of luck? Skill? Effort? Enough people wanting it? Few enough people trying to prevent it? Do your kids want it to happen? Will they tell you if it did? Or will you see it on their faces or behavior?
GalFisk

Postby CoffeeBean » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:41 pm

Is the outcome random? No A result of luck? No Skill? Effort? These could be said of it yes, but mostly...Enough people wanting it?...this! Few enough people trying to prevent it? No
Do your kids want it to happen? FA, they wouldn't know if the relevant aspect of "it" happened unless I told them that it did Will they tell you if it did? No, unless they were expecting it to happen (see the previous answer)
Or will you see it on their faces or behavior? No, it would be something that they talked about, and they would have to know ahead of time to be aware of a relevant and specific aspect
CoffeeBean

Postby GalFisk » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:32 pm

Politics relevant? Democracy? Signatures? Capitalism? Enough people wanting it: anywhere? In one nation? In one group? Is it: a change? A policy? An object?
GalFisk

Postby CoffeeBean » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:14 pm

Politics relevant? Democracy? Signatures? Capitalism? None of these
Enough people wanting it: anywhere? In one sense, yes, but...In one nation? ...this, specifically.
In one group? Those who are involved do share one common interest, yes
Is it: a change? A policy? An object? None of these
CoffeeBean

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles