{KayleeArafinwiel} Paternal Problems

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

{KayleeArafinwiel} Paternal Problems

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:38 pm

"Doesn't she owe him?"

"What problems do you have with her?"

"Don't you think she's a diva?"

"I give the marriage seven months at best. She's such a user."

I was flabbergasted. What horrible things to say! Despite never having met her, I feel a strong kinship - daddy issues are only the tip of the iceberg. We have a lot more in common than that.

Why would people say such things?

How, what, why, when, where, and who - to find these answers I ask of you. In verse, in prose, as you wish - who knows?
KayleeArafinwiel

Re: {KayleeArafinwiel} Paternal Problems

Postby gregoryuconn » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:06 pm

Can we call "her" Sheila and "him" Pablo?

Are Sheila and Pablo related? Are they married? Some other relationship?

User = drug user? Is she "using" him to further some purpose of hers? Or is that just the allegation, but it's false.

I = you?
gregoryuconn

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Can we call "her" Sheila and "him" Pablo? You can for now, but finding out their actual identities is important

Are Sheila and Pablo related? yes Are they married? no, though "Sheila" is marriedSome other relationship? yes

User = drug user? noIs she "using" hima different "him" from Pablo, to clarify to further some purpose of hers? that's the allegationOr is that just the allegation, but it's false. I believe it's false.

I = you? Yes, but I was not the one who said "I give the marriage seven months...". I am the one reacting to all these remarks made by others. The separate identity of these others is unimportant, but their collective identity must be discovered.
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:14 am

Is she Meghan, Duchess of Sussex?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:16 am

Doriana wrote:Is she Meghan, Duchess of Sussex?

Correct, "Sheila" is HRH The Duchess of Sussex. ("Meghan, Duchess of Sussex" would be her title if she were divorced)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:19 am

Ah, learnt something new. I'm not too familiar with all those titles.

Is "Pablo" Megan's father?

Were the things said by the media? By people you know personally? By people Meghan knows personally?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:24 am

Ah, learnt something new. I'm not too familiar with all those titles.
As always, I am here to educate :D glad I could help!

Is "Pablo" Megan's father? "Pablo" is indeed Meghan's father. Of course Pablo isn't his real name, but I'm sure you (or another LTPFer) can find it easily enough.

Were the things said by the media? yes By people you know personally? for svv of "personally"... By people Meghan knows personally? at least three people she knows have been giving the media cause to say such things
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby gregoryuconn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:00 am

Were they saying she only used Prince Whatshisname to get close to the Royal Family? So they would give her special favors or something? Is the Queen in any way relevant?
gregoryuconn

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:10 am

Were they saying she only used Prince Whatshisname Prince Henry, commonly called Harry. Now HRH The Duke of Sussex to get close to the Royal Family? yes

So they would give her special favors or something? yes, and various 'or somethings' included, though precisely what those are is not necessarily relevant

Is the Queen in any way relevant? Her Majesty is always relevant, this avenue of questioning may prove fruitful
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:52 am

Is the Queen‘s relationship with Meghan relevant?

Has anyone relevantly accused you of using someone to get something out of it?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:53 am

Is the Queen‘s relationship with Meghan relevant? yes

Has anyone relevantly accused you of using someone yes to get something out of it? yope, DYOD 'it'
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 pm

Recap (though no one's asked for one, this puzzle's been ignored for two days, so...)

This puzzle is partly about me, and partly about HRH The Duchess of Sussex, formerly known as Meghan Markle before her marriage.

"Doesn't she owe him?" (She = the Duchess of Sussex, him = her father.)

"What problems do you have with her?" (What problems do I have with the Duchess? None)

"Don't you think she's a diva?" (Do I think the Duchess of Sussex is a diva? No.)

"I give the marriage seven months at best. She's such a user." (She = The Duchess of Sussex. I disagree)

I was flabbergasted. What horrible things to say! Despite never having met her, I feel a strong kinship - daddy issues are only the tip of the iceberg. We have a lot more in common than that.

Why would people say such things? (and say them to me, moreover.)

How, what, why, when, where, and who - to find these answers I ask of you. In verse, in prose, as you wish - who knows?
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:17 pm

For every statement, should we find out who said it?

Are the other things you have in common related to family? to your upbringing? to education? to relationships?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:37 pm

For every statement, should we find out who said it? the exact identity of the person/people who said it is irrelevant, because in most cases they were Anonymous anyway. The most important thing to find out is what their collective identity is, and why/how they were asking me.

Are the other things you have in common related to family? yes to your upbringing? yes to education? yopeto relationships?yes
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Did they ask you on the Internet? If so, on Facebook? On a forum?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:43 pm

Did they ask you on the Internet? yes, indeed If so, on Facebook? no, thankfully On a forum? this is well within the right forest, the site may be considered a "forum", I believe (though, unlike the LTPF, it does not include "forum" in its name)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Could the site be considered a social network? Is it tumblr? reddit? Something more "niche"? Is the site dedicated to discussing the Royal Family?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:13 pm

Could the site be considered a social network? hmm...yope/yesish.

Is it tumblr? reddit? neither Something more "niche"? DYOD of "niche" Is the site dedicated to discussing the Royal Family? no, though most of my personal feed is
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Is it a forum(ish) that covers lots of different topics? Can you choose what topics to follow?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Is it a forum(ish) that covers lots of different topics? yes! good q!
Can you choose what topics to follow? yes!
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Are the people who ask the questions trolls? Do they usually follow other topics?

Is the forum(ish) Quora? Some other site where people mainly ask/answer questions?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:01 pm

Are the people who ask the questions trolls? generally, most questions asked by Anons are assumed to be trolls, unless they state their reason for going anonymous (like they don't want someone to find them for safety reasons), so probably, yes

Do they usually follow other topics? You can get Anonymous questions on pretty much any topic

Is the forum(ish) Quora? Yes! Some other site where people mainly ask/answer questions? it could be, but Quora is the only one I belong to
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:10 pm

Were the remarks a reaction to a question you asked? To an answer you gave to someone else's questions?
Was the original question related to Meghan? To her family? To the royal family?

Were all remarks made in the same thread?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:13 pm

Were the remarks a reaction to a question you asked? possibly, DYOD "reaction"

To an answer you gave to someone else's questions? possibly, DYOD "reaction"
Was the original question which original question? related to Meghan? To her family? To the royal family? the questions in this puzzle are all relevant to HRH The Duchess of Sussex, and to some extent to the royal family, but also, in another way, to me

Were all remarks made in the same thread? they were not
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:19 pm

By original question, I meant the head post of the Quora thread(s). Are they related to Meghan? her family? the royal family?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:43 pm

By original question, I meant the head post of the Quora thread(s). the head posts, or original posts, have been supplied in the puzzle statement.

Are they related to Meghan? yes her family? some arethe royal family? some are
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Ah ok, I thought the questions in the puzzle statement were posted as comments to other questions *is confused*
So, Anons on quora started threads with the mean questions/remarks mentioned in the puzzle statement, correct?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:21 pm

Ah ok, I thought the questions in the puzzle statement were posted as comments to other questions *is confused* sorry for confusion! they were all posted as questions I was then asked to answer
So, Anons on quora started threads with the mean questions/remarks mentioned in the puzzle statement, correct? correct
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:48 am

Were you asked to answer the questions because you listed the royal family as one of your interests on Quora? Or did the Anons ask you personally to answer the questions?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Were you asked to answer the questions because you listed the royal family as one of your interests on Quora? YesOr did the Anons ask you personally to answer the questions? Yes. To elaborate, An AOA "Ask to Answer" in Quora parlance, is when you click on someone's name who has your question's subject listed under their interests (or have "answered questions in that subject before", technically) so that you ask them personally to answer your question. (In SCA parlance, however, an AOA is "Award of Arms", or the right to be called "Lord" or "Lady". When it comes to these kind of questions, I'd much rather have the SCA kind of AOA, but I haven't earned it yet! XD)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Enjay » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:28 pm

"What problems do you have with her?" - Did the asker have reason to think you had problems with Meghan?

Is your own relationship with your father relevant? With other members of your family? Have people accused you of being a diva? Of using somebody?
Enjay

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 pm

"What problems do you have with her?" - Did the asker have reason to think you had problems with Meghan? Apparently, though what problems they thought I had are anyone's guess. I ended up answering that one by outlining the problems other people seem to have with the Duchess of Sussex because of media being idiots.

Is your own relationship with your father relevant? Very
With other members of your family? Yes, and my father's relationship with them too, explore
Have people accused you of being a diva? Of using somebody?Yes, although "diva" wasn't the precise wording, that was the intent. And yes
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Enjay » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 am

Apologies if these questions are too personal, feel free not to answer if they're not relevant!

Are you close to your father? Estranged? Is he close to other family members? Is one or more specific other family members relevant? Do you feel that your relationship to your father is similar to Meghan's relationship with hers? That it is viewed in a similar way by outsiders?
Enjay

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:24 am

Apologies if these questions are too personal, feel free not to answer if they're not relevant! no worries enjay-the-devoner-kitteh :D I wouldn't have invited these kinds of questions if they were!

Are you close to your father? I used to beEstranged? Yes Is he close to other family members? No Is one or more specific other family members relevant? Yes, four H/A/Fs and one H/A/M
Do you feel that your relationship to your father is similar to Meghan's relationship with hers? Yes That it is viewed in a similar way by outsiders? Yes
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:29 am

Is your mom relevant? your sister? Meghan's mom? Meghan's half-sister?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:40 am

Is your mom relevant? your sister? yes to both. Clarifying note: the H/A/Fs and H/A/M were the relevant people from my family.
Meghan's mom? Meghan's half-sister? they are not among the H/A/Fs I mentioned to Enjay-the-Devoner kitteh but they are relevant to this puzzle.

thnx you both for working on my puzzle, I feel like we might be getting close to a solve!
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Do you consider your relationship with your mom similar to the one Meghan has with hers? same question for your sister and Meghan's half-sister.
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:49 pm

Do you consider your relationship with your mom similar to the one Meghan has with hers? no, but...same question for your sister and Meghan's half-sister. no, but...
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am

Do other people consider the respective relationships similar?
Doriana

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:47 am

Do other people consider the respective relationships similar?
sorry Doriana kitteh! RL got a hold of me...would much rather be puzzling.

A certain H/A/F in my family, at least, considers me, mom, and my sister to be the same level of toxicity exhibited by the Markles. (Honestly, she should go take a good long look in a mirror...) She basically has seen my father's level of messed up and tars us all with the same brush, even though, you know, we *left* him...*exasperated sigh*
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby GalFisk » Mon May 13, 2019 11:16 am

Have you been asked the same types of questions about yourself? Has someone else been asked the same type of questions about you? Would people say such things because of the media? Because they are mean? Because they like gossip?
GalFisk

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles