[gregoryuconn] The Nurse Called the Lady With the Alligator

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[gregoryuconn] The Nurse Called the Lady With the Alligator

Postby gregoryuconn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:41 am

Because I had one medical issue, the nurse thought my mother had another one. Why?
gregoryuconn

Re: [gregoryuconn] The Nurse Called the Lady With the Alliga

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:49 am

your mom's name isn't Miss Lucy, is it? *g*

mumps/measles relevant? hiccups? eating non-food items? (I have a preschool teacher for a mother, recognizing nursery rhymes is an occupational hazard, so to speak)
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby gregoryuconn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:50 am

your mom's name isn't Miss Lucy, is it? *g* Haha, no.

mumps/measles relevant? hiccups? eating non-food items? (I have a preschool teacher for a mother, recognizing nursery rhymes is an occupational hazard, so to speak) No to all.
gregoryuconn

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:54 am

I didn't think her name was Lucy, just making sure. As an aside, mom works with a "Miss Lucy" in the Mandarin classroom...Lucy's the Mandarin-speaking teacher, Mom's the English-speaking one. I wonder how this rhyme goes in Mandarin...

Is the title relevant in any way, shape or form whatsoever?

Was this medical issue that you had easily treatable? Or more serious? Was it a contagious disease? Or something like a broken limb or other physical injury?

Same q's for the issue they thought your mother had - did she actually have any medical issue at all?

Was this recent? Or was it when you were a child? Infant? Newborn? Was it while your mother was pregnant with you?
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby gregoryuconn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:59 am

I didn't think her name was Lucy, just making sure. As an aside, mom works with a "Miss Lucy" in the Mandarin classroom...Lucy's the Mandarin-speaking teacher, Mom's the English-speaking one. I wonder how this rhyme goes in Mandarin...

Is the title relevant in any way, shape or form whatsoever? Part of it.

Was this medical issue that you had easily treatable? Yes. Or more serious? Was it a contagious disease? Or something like a broken limb or other physical injury? "Physical injury" is closest.

Same q's for the issue they thought your mother had It would have been pretty serious, but it's neither contagious nor a physical injury. - did she actually have any medical issue at all? No!

Was this recent? No Or was it when you were a child? Yes. Infant? Newborn? Was it while your mother was pregnant with you? No to rest.
gregoryuconn

Postby KayleeArafinwiel » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:05 am

Child: Preschool age? Elementary school? Middle school? High school? (since I didn't categorize 'teenager' separately)

did they think your mother had cancer? (though I've got no idea what your having an injury would mean for that)

had you been bruised somehow? accidentally? on purpose? blood clotting problems? (I don't think you've ever said anything about hemophilia-like conditions before, so honestly I doubt it, but just being thorough)

Was your easily treatable condition temporary? or permanent, but taking medication would ease/prevent the effects?

did they think she had mistreated you? Munchausen's by Proxy?
KayleeArafinwiel

Postby Doriana » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:56 am

Did the nurse think so because of something you said? Did you phrase something in a way that made it sound like your mom had a medical issue?
Doriana

Postby gregoryuconn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Child: Preschool age? Elementary school? This, no to the rest of this paragraph Middle school? High school? (since I didn't categorize 'teenager' separately)

did they think your mother had cancer? (though I've got no idea what your having an injury would mean for that) No

had you been bruised somehow? accidentally? on purpose? blood clotting problems? (I don't think you've ever said anything about hemophilia-like conditions before, so honestly I doubt it, but just being thorough) No to all

Was your easily treatable condition temporary? Thisish or permanent, but taking medication would ease/prevent the effects?

did they think she had mistreated you? Munchausen's by Proxy? No to both.

Did the nurse think so because of something you said? Did you phrase something in a way that made it sound like your mom had a medical issue? No to all
Doriana
gregoryuconn

Postby irishelk » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Was she a nurse you encountered during a doctor's appointment? At school? Relevant?

Was she thought to have a condition because she failed to notice a symptom in you? E.g. She didn't hear you coughing, so the nurse thought she must be deaf? Or, WAG, there was some discoloration on your body, and since your mom didn't notice it, perhaps she's color-blind?

Just to check, was the nurse correct about the injury-ish she thought you had? Was it a bug bite? A burn? A scratch? An allergy?
Did she think your mom had a genetic disease or disorder? A neurological condition? Or psychological?

Was the nurse relying on some kind of generalization that if a kid has X, often the parent has Y?
irishelk

Postby gregoryuconn » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Was she a nurse you encountered during a doctor's appointment? At school? This. Relevant? Somewhat

Was she thought to have a condition because she failed to notice a symptom in you? No. E.g. She didn't hear you coughing, so the nurse thought she must be deaf? Or, WAG, there was some discoloration on your body, and since your mom didn't notice it, perhaps she's color-blind? [bNot this either.[/b]

Just to check, was the nurse correct about the injury-ish she thought you had? Yes Was it a bug bite? A burn? A scratch? An allergy? None of these.
Did she think your mom had a genetic disease or disorder? No. A neurological condition? No. Or psychological? YES!

Was the nurse relying on some kind of generalization that if a kid has X, often the parent has Y? No.
gregoryuconn

Postby Doriana » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Did she think your mom had depression? anxiety disorder? schizophrenia? psychosis? multiple personality disorder? bipolar disorder? borderline personality disorder?
Addiction relevant at all?
Doriana

Postby gregoryuconn » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:36 am

Did she think your mom had depression? anxiety disorder? Perhaps, but it would have to have been a pretty severe case. schizophrenia? Possibly this. psychosis? Most likely this. multiple personality disorder? bipolar disorder? borderline personality disorder?
Addiction relevant at all? No to rest.
gregoryuconn

Postby Hobbsicle » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:24 am

Was your mom present at all during all of this?
Are allergic reactions relevant?
Was something relevantly packed into your lunch?
Hobbsicle

Postby gregoryuconn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:59 am

Was your mom present at all during all of this?
Are allergic reactions relevant?
Was something relevantly packed into your lunch? No to all.
gregoryuconn

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles