[IrishElk] On My Mind

Current and recently solved lateral thinking puzzles. Please post new lateral thinking puzzles here.

Moderators: peter365, Balin, kalira, JenBurdoo, Tiger

[IrishElk] On My Mind

Postby irishelk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 am

A perfectly healthy woman nervously walks down a street she has never visited before. Suddenly, she collapses on the sidewalk. What's going on?
irishelk

Re: [IrishElk] On My Mind

Postby Hobbsicle » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:38 am

Nervous...

For her physical safety? For the safety of someone else? For fear of being lost? Of not finding something? Of losing something tangible? Of losing something intangible (e.g. respect, or a relationship)?

Is the street in a relevant specific geographical location? A city/town? Time of day relevant? (Night? Day?)

Collapses...

Dies? Goes unconscious? Is she physically hurt? Did she collapse from fear? As a reaction to something? Was she physically struck/touched in some way?
Hobbsicle

Postby Earnest » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:08 am

Did she wear something relevant? Something relevantly tight/narrow? Shoes with heels? (She was not able to walk with heels/ she got caught somewhere) did she fall inside an opened gutter?
Collapse = faint? Did she really collapse? Did she fake to collapse?

Relevant that she has never visited the street? Relevant the reason why? Was the street hidden? Newly constructed? On heights? Google maps relevant? Was the street in a city? A city she knew well? Was the street a known street/touristic? Was it large maybe with two sidewalks? Were there relevantly shops? Air conditioning and reflection of sun on glasses relevant? Was the street relevantly full of people? Were there cameras? Did someone looked at her? Was she famous? Relevant her destination (did she have one?)? Parades relevant? Was she walking on the sidewalk?

Relevant why she was walking "nervously"? Was she in a rush? Was she scared to be noticed? Recognized? Was it rainy? Sunny? About to rain? Windy? Relevant? Was it night? Day? Was she scared about the possible presence of someone (e.g. criminals)? Was she going to take a public mean of transportation? Did her car broke? Maybe in the middle of the desert...was the woman immediately rescued?
Earnest

Postby irishelk » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:46 pm

Hobbsicle

Nervous...

For her physical safety? For the safety of someone else? For fear of being lost? Of not finding something? Possibly. Of losing something tangible? Of losing something intangible (e.g. respect, or a relationship)? Possibly, no to rest.

Is the street in a relevant specific geographical location? No. A city/town? Yes. Time of day relevant? (Night? Day?) Not really, assume day.

Collapses...

Dies? Goes unconscious? Is she physically hurt? Did she collapse from fear? As a reaction to something? Was she physically struck/touched in some way? No to all.

Earnest

Did she wear something relevant? Yes. Something relevantly tight/narrow? No. Shoes with heels? (She was not able to walk with heels/ she got caught somewhere) did she fall inside an opened gutter? No.
Collapse = faint? No. Did she really collapse? She really suddenly fell... Did she fake to collapse? But yes, she is faking.

Relevant that she has never visited the street? Not really. Relevant the reason why? Was the street hidden? Newly constructed? On heights? Google maps relevant? No to all.
Was the street in a city? Yes. A city she knew well? Yes. Was the street a known street/touristic? Irr. Was it large maybe with two sidewalks? Irr. Were there relevantly shops? No. Air conditioning and reflection of sun on glasses relevant? No. Was the street relevantly full of people? No, but there were probably some people around. Were there cameras? No. Did someone looked at her? Yesish. Was she famous? No. Relevant her destination (did she have one?)? Yes. Parades relevant? No. Was she walking on the sidewalk?Yes.

Relevant why she was walking "nervously"? Yes, but it will probably be harder to guess this first. Was she in a rush? Was she scared to be noticed? Recognized? No to these.
Was it rainy? Sunny? About to rain? Windy? Relevant? Was it night? Day? Irr.
Was she scared about the possible presence of someone (e.g. criminals)? No. Was she going to take a public mean of transportation? No. Did her car broke? No. Maybe in the middle of the desert... No. was the woman immediately rescued?Yes.
irishelk

Postby Earnest » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Ambupance relevant? Was it the fastest way to reach her destination?
Earnest

Postby irishelk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Earnest
Ambulance relevant? No. Was it the fastest way to reach her destination? Yope to yesish.
irishelk

Postby GalFisk » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Was she nervous that she might be late? That she might not find her destination? Did she fake fainting? Dying? Being injured? Did she want attention? Help? Directions?
GalFisk

Return to Active Lateral Thinking Puzzles